Chapter 13

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

 

Ji-eun trudged to her next class with a heavy heart. She was not having a good day and her mood was down in the dumps. So many things were running through her head and so many upcoming problems to think about was giving her a headache.

Ji-eun had Extra Class just before recess. It wasn’t actually Extra class at all, it was actually an introductory lesson to determine which level Ji-eun’s powers fit into and she would then be placed into either the low, middle, high or top class depending on her skill level. And guess what? She was put in the low class. Yay.

At least the teacher was nice though. Argh, if only I could use my witch powers, I definitely wouldn’t be placed in low class. Ji-eun thought, unconsciously pouting a little.

She walked towards one of the classrooms and stood in front of it waiting for Eunji to go to their next lesson, Specialist class. Thinking of Eunji, Ji-eun thought of their conversation yesterday.

Flashback

“…So the favour is… Will you sing at the masquerade with me?”

At that moment, Ji-eun didn’t know what to say. So many thoughts circled her mind and she wasn’t sure if she could do the favour. “Eunji… I-“

Eunji saw the uncertainty in Ji-eun’s expression and smiled gently, “it’s okay if you don’t want to Ji-eun. I know you have stage fright.” That’s not the only problem though…

“But I do ask you to think about it okay? It’s not until next week so we have time. Besides, it’s a masquerade so we will be wearing masks, no one will know it’s you singing if that makes you feel better.”

Ji-eun nodded slowly, “okay… I’ll think about it.”

“That’s all I ask for.”

End of Flashback.

 

What if that werewolf from the other day will be there? They will definitely know who I am when they hear me sing. What if they come after me?? Ji-eun thought anxiously. But that werewolf didn’t come after me before? Even when it had the chance…

Ji-eun shook her head and tried to clear her thoughts when she spotted Eunji coming over. Eunji also seemed to not have a very good day judging from the depressed look on her face.

"You having a bad day too?" Ji-eun asked Eunji who replied, "I actually was having a pretty okay day until now."

Ji-eun raised an eyebrow. "Why now?"

Eunji sighed and gave her the 'you’ll see look.'

She entered the class and Ji-eun followed behind her.

The first thing Ji-eun saw as she entered was Jiwoo, Soobin and Yeeun sitting on top of a few tables, chattering and laughing loudly, flicking their hair this way and that.

Ji-eun looked at Eunji, "I think I know why." She murmured and Eunji nodded solemnly.

Ji-eun then noticed that Jiwoo and her friends were actually sitting with two other Angels. She had got to say though, the two new additions were very pretty-looking and now that Ji-eun thought about it, they really stood out from Jiwoo and her friends.

However the closer Ji-eun looked, the more troubled she felt. For some reason, she felt that there was something unrealistic about their attractiveness and alluring aura.

One girl had nice long black hair with brown highlights while the other had silky short dark red hair. They both slim bodies and pretty eyes. But they had unkind expressions on their faces and Ji-eun knew they were not good beings.

"Oh look who's here, it’s the Introvert and Wingless." Jiwoo sneered, Soobin and Yeeun laughed with her. The other two just sat coolly with slight smirks on their faces. The other angels in the class just sat quietly, ignoring what was happening.  

Jiwoo caught Ji-eun’s stare and laughed, "You don’t have any friends that you would choose to hang with the Introvert? That’s okay, you both are perfect for each other anyway. The pathetic match."

She’s one to talk. Ji-eun was about to retort when she remembered what her aunt told her before, 'don’t let your emotions get the best of you.'

So she just tried to ignore them.

She saw Jiwoo lean down and whisper something in one of the pretty angel’s ear. The angel pursed her lips and she almost looked angry but then she just smiled and spoke.

"Jiwoo, my dear. They aren't worth your attention so no need to talk to them." Ji-eun thought Jiwoo was going to tell off one of the pretty angels for telling her what to do but surprisingly, Jiwoo smiled at her almost admiringly and willing sat back down. 

Ji-eun’s eyes widened and she looked at Eunji. Whoa, did that just happen?

Eunji caught Ji-eun’s curious gaze and discreetly leaned over to her, whispering. "Those two girls are Haewon and Miyeon. The one with long hair and highlights is Miyeon and the short-haired red head is Haewon."

Ji-eun inaudibly gasped in recognition, them?! That makes so much sense! She gave the two a fleeting glance, so they’re the ones who are really in charge of the group and causing Eunji distress.

Then, the teacher came in. She was an angel who looked like she was in her middle 30's came towards them. She had a sharp angular face and was graceful in her movements.

"Good morning class." Her voice was thick with a rich accent. Her piercing eyes scanned the room and focused on Ji-eun.

“It seems like we have a new student in the class. Ji-eun, correct?” She asked, looking down at Ji-eun’s profile records.

“Yes. Seongsangnim.”

The teacher looked at her disapprovingly, “it seems like you were put in the low class in power skills. That’s going to be a bit of a problem in this subject. I guess you will have to work harder than everyone else to keep up with our pace.”

What? Just because I’m in the low class? Ji-eun stared at her in disbelief. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the group of mean angels sniggering and she exhaled sharply.  “Yes. Seongsangnim.”

The teacher nodded briskly, “anyway. I'm you're Specialist class teacher, Mrs. Choi. This subject is for all supernaturals of the same species to be in one class together, in this case are all part of the angel race and we will learn about what we specialise in as angels.”

With that said, Mrs. Choi turned and began to write up somethings on the board about angel history and how their powers were developed.

For the past 15 minutes, Ji-eun was trying really hard to focus on the lesson but it was proving to be a very difficult thing to do because a certain group of angels were giggling loudly and throwing bits of paper at her and Eunji, but Mrs. Choi took no heed to it and continued on.

Ji-eun flicked a piece of paper off her desk, frowning deeply. How childish can they get?? And what is wrong with this teacher? They’re clearly distracting me and Eunji from learning and she doesn’t even do anything about it? Does she even know what’s happening behind her? Maybe I could tell her to ask them to leave us alone?

She was about to put her hand up but when she got mid-way, Eunji caught her arm and pushed it back down. “Don’t even bother, Haewon and Miyeon are Mrs. Choi’s favourites, no matter what they do, Mrs. Choi will only believe them.” She whispered.

Ji-eun looked at her incredously, “what? How is that even fair?” She whispered back.

Suddenly Haewon put her hand up, “excuse me Seongsangnim?” Her voice sounding fakely sweet and sultry. “Those two students over there are whispering so much, I can’t focus.” She pointed over at where Ji-eun and Eunji sitting.

Ji-eun’s jaw dropped, oh she did not.

Immediately Mrs. Choi swung on them. “Ji-eun-ssi and Eunji-ssi, would you like to share your story with the class?” She asked coldly.

Eunji shook her head, “no Seongsangnim. It won’t happen again.”

Ji-eun felt anger begin to bubble up inside her, growing by the minute at this injustice. She was about to refute when she saw Eunji slightly shake her head, her eyes pleading.

Ji-eun sighed and kept her head down. She glanced sideways to see Miyeon and Haewon, the evil angel duo she now mentally called them, smirking at her.

Ji-eun suppressed the urge to tie their shoelaces together. Actually… Not a bad idea. But maybe when they can’t see me and not many people are around. But then her aunt’s words stopped her from doing that.

She could practically hear her aunt reprimanding her about not letting her anger control her actions and she mentally groaned, fine… I won’t do it.

By the end of the class, Ji-eun couldn’t wait to get out of the suffocating classroom and back to the dorm. Mrs. Choi had already left, Ji-eun and Eunji were packing their things up when a few pairs of shoes filled their sight.

“Huh. So Wingless is in the low class? How unexpected… Not.” Jiwoo simpered.

Ji-eun couldn’t just ignore them anymore. “So what if I am? Do you have a problem?”

Miyeon stepped up, nudging Jiwoo out of the way who did nothing about being pushed aside like that. “Look here newbie, we are the ones in charge here and we don’t appreciate those who go against us.”

Ji-eun furrowed her eyebrows, “what do you mean? When have I-“

Miyeon cut her off, “my dear Jiwoo has told me you’ve been getting quite cosy with our EXO-K kings.”

EXO-K? what do they have to do with anything? Then it dawned on her and she wanted to laugh, they’re jealous. But why? And kings? Is that what they called them? Pfft.

Haewon slammed her hands on their table making Eunji next to her jump from the sound and Ji-eun narrowed her eyes at her. “What’s so funny, Wingless? Do you think they like you? How could they anyway I mean, you’re nothing special. Just. Stay away from them.”

Ji-eun didn’t understand, she wasn’t even friends with EXO-K. Heck, she even tried to avoid them. It’s not her fault fate keeps on making her run into them. She was like a magnet to trouble as soon as she stepped into the school.

“Okay, I think you’ve got the wrong idea here-”

“There is no wrong idea. Just do as we say or both of your lives will be even more miserable than before.”

With that, she knocked their books off their table onto the floor and sauntered off, the rest of the angels following her.

“Yah!” Ji-eun yelled after them but Eunji pulled her back.

“Ji-eun come on, let’s go. Don’t mind them. It’s no use.”

Ji-eun whirled on her, “are they always like this? Is the teacher crazy? Does this happen to you all the time?”

Eunji bit her lip and just picked up their books from the ground. Ji-eun ruffled her hair, she hardly ever felt this annoyed before and she really thought this was the worse day ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun shoved his face into his pillow and groaned. “I’m so bored right now.” All the EXO-K members were chilling in their dorm as they all had free period today.

Kai cut him a sideways glance, “huh. How funny, the only EXO-K member that actually talks- wait no, flirts with girls and is our source of weekly gossip-even though we don’t care, is bored?”

Baekhyun took the pillow of his face and threw it across the room at Kai who teleported away before it hit him.

“You’re one to talk, don’t think we didn’t know you were flirting with the new student.”

Kai smirked, “that was only one girl. Besides she’s interesting. I mean, what kind of angel has no wings right? And man,” he gave a low whistle, “did you see her fight? Where did she learn those moves?”

Chanyeol looked up from his guitar and stared at Kai. Is he interested in her or something?  

D.O nodded, “I was quite impressed. I didn’t know she could fight that well. Her moves were very precise too.”  

“Yeah! She was actually really good! Even wind man here can’t do the butterfly kick as perfectly as she could.” Baekhyun agreed, gesturing to Sehun.

“Shut up.” Sehun said gruffly, “leave me out this. I want no part in your stupid conversation.”

Baekhyun tsked, “always so harsh. Anyway, at least I have a social life unlike you guys. Seriously, when are you all going to lighten up and forget about what happened in the past–”

Don’t you dare even go there.” Chanyeol growled.

The mood in the dorm suddenly became serious and tense. They all had a dark past which had a great impact on them which was why they mostly kept to themselves and were cold to others.

Only Baekhyun had tried to get back into the normal lifestyle and had fun. Kai also tried to follow but still not as out there as Baekhyun. D.O and Suho joined the Student Representative Council to get them more acquainted with their school life.

Sehun and Chanyeol were probably the only two that were completely withdrawn and wanted nothing to do with any of the students in the school besides their brothers.

Suho cleared his throat, “so this mission that grandfather assigned us, I was thinking we should go out to investigate in the evening of free day. I’ve researched a few things and it says witches or warlocks like to be in isolate areas. I suggest we visit Silent City, one of the most common isolated areas.”

Chanyeol sighed and put guitar down, should I tell them about the forest and who I saw? He was no longer suspicious of Ji-eun and just focused on trying to find out who that girl in the forest was.

“I say we search Ravelyl Moon Forest.” Chanyeol’s gaze slid over to the voice, it was Baekhyun whom had spoken.

“Actually, now that I think about it. On the day Chanyeol and I went for a run about a week ago, I think we saw one.”

D.O raised an eyebrow, “are you sure? Was it a witch or warlock.”

Baekhyun rubbed his chin. “It was a female, so it had to be a witch but the weird thing was, she’s half angel as well. Or quarter maybe, I don’t know but her angel scent was pretty faint though. Right Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol leaned back and closed his eyes, “either way, whether she’s a hybrid or mixed blood, she’s still related to a witch. Her scent smelt strongly of wood, rain and leaves along with the faint smell of honey and flowers. She also wore a cloak, black headband and bangles. Just like grandfather’s description.”

Suho nodded, “that sounds very much like a sorceress. Are you very sure that she’s mixed blood though? Hybrid’s a very rare.”

“Even though it was faint, the angel scent was definitely there.” Chanyeol answered, opening his eyes.

Suho placed his hand on his chin. “Then it’s settled, we will investigate the forest.”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch time and Eunji actually had extra club activities to attend to and couldn’t spend lunch with Ji-eun.

Maybe, I should join a club too? Ji-eun thought as she walked up a set of stairs. She was about to turn into the direction of her dorm when she caught sight of another set of stairs just around a corner. Hmmm. I wonder what could be up there?

Being the curious cat she was, Ji-eun decided to head up the stairs to discover a door which was slightly ajar. She pushed it open and found that she was actually on the rooftop of the building. She went closer to the edge of the roof but not looking on the ground, she tripped over a pile of large rubbish bags and she found herself hanging off the edge of the roof.  

Fear spread through her like wild fire and she almost screamed when she peeped down. There seemed to be garden at the bottom but situated right under her was a thorny rose bush.

Dang it! Why does this always happen? Can this day get any worse? How will you get out of this one? 

Her heart beat erratically as she tried to think. She tried to push herself up but she wasn’t strong enough.

So Ji-eun settled with calling for help but after a while, she grew tired and no one had shown up to her rescue.

She tried to calm herself and think of another solution when she saw a shadow walk by the window she was hanging near, out of the corner of her eye. She turned and locked eyes with Sehun who stared back at her, emotionless.

She awkwardly smiled at him, her arms were starting to hurt from hanging for too long. She gave him a pleading look and mouth 'please save me.'

But to her astonishment, he just gave her a small smirk and walked off, Ji-eun’s jaw dropped in disbelief as she stared after him. Is he seriously kidding me right now? What a jerk! What am I going to do now?

She glanced at the windowsill, maybe if I could just move over a bit and grab onto that window-"AHH!!" Her hand slipped, making her lose grip of the edge and she plummeted down. 

Out of nowhere a set of vines shot out and bunched together cushioning her fall just before she landed in the rose bush. "You okay there?" A sweet gentle voice asked and Ji-eun turned to see D.O lending his hand out to her.

She grabbed his hand and he helped her up, the vines disappearing.  

He saved me. 

"Thank you so much D.O-ssi." 

"No worries Ji-eun-ssi. And just D.O is fine." D.O smiled, “I’ve got to say though. I wasn’t expecting anyone to fall from the roof.”

Ji-eun laughed sheepishly, “well if I could maybe fly, this wouldn’t happen. And you can call me Ji-eun as well, without the honorifics.”

D.O chuckled and agreed.

“Why are you here anyway?” Ji-eun asked, looking around her and realised she was in a garden. A really beautiful one at that.

“Wow.” She thought but instead said aloud.

“Do you like it?” D.O asked her, watching her expression.

Ji-eun nodded rapidly, “this place is beautiful. I didn’t know the school had one.”

“They didn’t, until I decided to make one.”

Ji-eun looked at him with wide eyes, “you created this garden?”

D.O dipped his head, with a prideful look on his face. “Yes. This area used to just be a patch of grass and I thought it would look better with some more plants.”

Ji-eun looked around amazed. She walked closer to one of the plants and gave a shocked laugh, “whoa! This Lepina plant is really rare! It would be great to use for a healing po- er I mean, healing medicine.” Shoot, I almost let my potion making slip.

“Lepina plants do have great healing qualities.” He looked at her with interest, “how did you know about it though? Not many people know about these plants.”

“I read a lot about them in my spe- uh books. My… nature books…”

D.O gave her a somewhat amused look, “I see.”  

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch and Ji-eun felt a bit disappointed to be honest. She wanted to stay in the beautiful garden…and maybe talk to D.O more.

“Well, it seems we have to go back to class now. Thank you so much for saving me.” She said and bowed to him.

D.O grinned at her, “anytime. Ji-eun.”

What an interesting being indeed.  He thought as he stared after her as she walked off with tinted pink cheeks. Very cute too.

==================================================

Hey Supernaturals!

Here's another chappie!!

Hope you enjoy and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUBS AND COMMENTS! They really motivate me a lot to update (especially comments) XD 

For the reader who wanted more interactions with Jongsuk, it is not weird at all! I will definitely try add more interactions between Ji-eun and Jongsukkie. 

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Author-nim~