Chapter 10

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

“Are you ready Ji-eun? It’s time to go to music class.”

“Yes! I’m almost done, just give me a sec.” Ji-eun called from the bathroom. She finished tying up her now straight hair into a low ponytail and walked out where Eunji was waiting.

Eunji furrowed her eyebrows a bit and reached out to touch Ji-eun’s ponytail, “huh. I swear your hair was wavy when you woke up, how’d you get your hair to become so straight?”

Ji-eun’s eyebrows raised, “oh that? Uhh, it wasn’t that wavy? It-it goes back to being straight when I brush it. Yeah.” Ji-eun replied quickly, hoping Eunji wouldn’t be suspicious.

Eunji tilted her head but believed her, “hmm okay.” She then proceeded to push Ji-eun gently out the door. “Music class~”

Ji-eun beamed, it had been a few days and Eunji was getting more comfortable with her, it made her very happy.

“Kaja!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they got to music class, the teacher who was an angel, was already there, tuning one of the instruments in the room.

“Good morning seongsangnim.” Eunji greeted and Ji-eun did the same. The teacher looked up and smiled at them. She was pretty and quite young looking.

“Hello girls, I see we have a new face here.” She said gazing warmly at Ji-eun. “What’s your name haeksang (student)?”

“Lee Ji-eun, seongsangnim.”

“Welcome to my music class, I hope you will enjoy this subject and good luck for the rest of your studies. You both may sit down, class is going to start soon.”

“Neh. Thank you seongsangnim.” Ji-eun replied and followed Eunji to their seats.      

Ji-eun glanced around the room and spotted different types of guitars stood up against a stand at the back of the room. Her eyes sparkled with anticipation, I hope we get to play with those instruments soon.

Soon more students came pouring in, some greeting the teacher as they sat down.

"Good afternoon class, for those who don't know me, I am Ms. Song and today-“

The door slammed open abruptly, interrupting her speech. Ji-eun felt the strong aura and she kind of had some idea who it was coming from. Everyone turned to the two beings strolling in.

“Yo. Seongsangnim.” Baekhyun smiled at her while Chanyeol just gave her a nod.

Ms. Song just sighed, shook her head a little and told them to go sit down. Ji-eun caught Chanyeol’s gaze as they walked past her table. She quickly looked away, a little nervous because of what happened in homeroom a few days ago.

“Alright class, we are going to do something special today.” Ms. Song said and clapped her hands.

“Instead of theory work or musical quizzes, we are going to do a group activity.” The class began to buzz with excitement.

“Everyone get into a group of four.” Immediately, everyone started to run around finding group members, most of the females heading towards Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s direction. But most of them were only confident enough to ask Baekhyun since he was still nice enough to them and was willing to talk whereas Chanyeol seemed to just want to burn anyone who got too near. Even so, he still had a heck of a lot of admirers.

Eunji and Ji-eun just stayed seated as everyone seemed to completely ignore the fact that they were even there.

“Alright. Everyone stop!” Ms. Song yelled. She looked at all the females lined up near the two most popular students and exhaled, “this won’t do… I will choose your groups.”

A series of aww's chorused and she tsked. “Fine. Who are already in pairs? I will pair two and two together, at least this way you guys will have one person you want to be with.”

The class appeared to be satisfied with that statement and quietened down.

“Haesoo and Soyeon go with Jeongmin and Soohyun.”

She scanned the rest of the pairs, “and lastly, Chanyeol and Baekhyun go with Eunji and Ji-eun.”

Ji-eun and Eunji glanced at each other with worry as the females in the class began to whine and glare at them with jealousy.

The two werewolves came to stand next to the two angels.

“Now that we are all in groups, I want each group to come up with a short musical piece and perform it to the whole class in the next lesson. This is worth 10% of your grade.” Ms. Song glanced at the time, “you have 45 minutes, go.”

Chanyeol sat down in front of the two angels and stared at Ji-eun.

Feeling particularly awkward, she just sat looking at Eunji who was looking down as usual but occasionally glancing up at Ji-eun and giving her a small smile.

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol and then cleared his throat. “Well this is unexpected. I never thought I would be in a group with the introvert and the infamous new student.”

Baekhyun turned to Eunji who didn’t meet his gaze. He pretended to sigh, “Still so silent, even though you can talk.”

Eunji’s eyes widened in surprise but she still didn’t look at him.

Baekhyun leaned forward and faced Ji-eun, “you’re the hot topic of the school at the moment. Everyone’s been wondering why you don’t have wings.” Baekhyun said straightforwardly.

Ji-eun just stared at him a bit surprised, not too sure what to say, “I just wasn’t born with any.”

“Yeah but like why? Were you born prematurely or- Ouch! Chanyeol!” Baekhyun exclaimed glaring at his brother whom had kicked him hard. “Your kick burnt me!”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “it was only for a split second, stop being dramatic.”

Eunji and Ji-eun just gave them puzzled expressions.

Baekhyun rubbed his shin, “so uh, we have to work out what everyone’s music skill is first. I’ll start, I am a vocalist and my voice is classified as Tenor, but I can also pull off a Baritone but not for long periods of time. Piano is also another one of my music skills.”

Ji-eun looked at Baekhyun in awe. “Wow. That’s really cool.”

He gave her a startled look, a bit flustered, “uh, thanks.”

Chanyeol crossed his arms, “I’ll go next. I can rap and play the guitar.”

Baekhyun laughed, “he’s just being modest, he can play the drums, bass, piano-“

“Baek, shut up.”

“…And he’s also a rude insufferable bratty fire freak who has no respect for his hyung-“

“Do you sing?” Chanyeol asked Ji-eun, cutting Baekhyun off.

Ji-eun was caught off guard with him directly speaking to her, “hm?”

 “I said, do you sing?” Chanyeol said firmly, his eyes boring into Ji-eun’s, his gaze strong and determined.

“Um…” Ji-eun was about to nod but she paused, wait. Why is he so determined to know if I sing? Could he possibly be the werewolf I saw last night? That werewolf definitely heard me singing, I just know it. But I don’t even know if that werewolf was the same as what Chanyeol looked like in the mirror.

Ji-eun-ssi.” Chanyeol’s deep voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

“N-neh? Oh right, uh no. I can’t sing.” Ji-eun replied quickly, just in case. She couldn’t take any chances.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in bafflement, “what? But you’re an angel, they all can sing.”

Ji-eun fidgeted in her seat, “uh well you see, I was born without wings so would it really be a surprise if I can’t sing either?”

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at her while Baekhyun just nodded slowly, “that makes sense, I guess…”

Eunji gave Ji-eun a confused glance but didn’t say anything about it.

“I play the guitar by the way.” Ji-eun added, trying to steer off the singing topic.

“Okay then.” Baekhyun faced Eunji, “and what about you, oh-so-silent-one.”

“I am a vocalist. My voice is classified as soprano. I can also play piano.” Eunji replied quietly.

Baekhyun grinned satisfied that he heard Eunji speak. “Right. So since I can sing and so can… what’s your name again?”

“Eunji.”

“Yes, Eunji-ssi and I will be in charge of writing up the song lyrics and we will sing them while Chanyeol and Ji-eun-ssi will come up with the music arrangement. Chanyeol will play piano and Ji-eun-ssi will play the guitar. Is everyone clear?” Ji-eun and Eunji nodded while Chanyeol just lay his head onto the table.

Baekhyun surveyed all of them, “gee, you all really don’t speak much do ya?”

He turned to the two angels, “Chanyeol’s an excellent composer and music class is the only class he actually tries hard in, so you’re in luck.” He whispered, winking at them.

“Class, there is 5 minutes left, I will come around and hand you a piece of paper. I want you to write down the names of your group members and what each member will contribute to the performance. After you hand up the sheet to me, you may leave.” Ms Song said, coming around to hand each group paper.

“I’m sure we don’t have plans this weekend because of free day. So let’s all meet then in the theatre room three at round lunch time. There should be a guitar and piano in there that we can practice with.” Baekhyun said and everyone agreed.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun left while Ji-eun waited for Eunji to finish with the paper.

Someone bumped into Ji-eun’s shoulder hard, “yah. Stay out of my way, Wingless.” An angel said harshly and walked off. Ji-eun didn’t see the angel’s face but thought she was probably one of Jiwoo’s friends.

Dang, another mean one. What happened to all the kind-hearted angels?

Ji-eun looked at Eunji and saw her glaring at the angel’s back.

“Eunji?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah let’s go.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch time and it was the 3rd day they stayed at the dorm to eat lunch they got from the cafeteria and left quietly before the area became crowded.

Ji-eun unwrapped her tomato and cheese sandwich and took it big bite out of it because boy was she hungry.

“Ji-eun?”

“Hm?” She looked up from her sandwich and focused on Eunji who looked at her curiously.

“Can I ask you something?” Eunji asked a bit hesitantly.

Ji-eun just nodded vigorously because she was still chewing but she didn’t want Eunji to think that she shouldn’t ask her.

 Eunji smiled at Ji-eun’s enthusiasm. “I was just wondering why you told Chanyeol-ssi and Baekhyun-ssi that you couldn’t sing because I know you can. I heard you the other day.” She then looked away a bit shy, “and you sang really well.”

Ji-eun finished chewing and grinned happily at Eunji’s compliment, “thank you, Eunji. I told them that because um, I actually have what’s it called? Uh, stage fright. I can’t sing in front of people because I’ll get so nervous.” Ji-eun explained. It could’ve been the truth anyway because she’s never sung in front of anyone but her aunt before so she most likely would get stage fright.

Eunji nodded in understanding. “I see.”

Then Ji-eun remembered, “ Chanyeol-ssi and Baekhyun-ssi… What type of supernaturals are they?” Baekhyun is a werewolf too, I'm assuming.  

Eunji looked at her thoughtfully, “hmm. They are werewolves. All their brothers are.”

So I was right.. "Brothers?” 

Eunji nodded. “Yes. From what I know, Baekhyun and Chanyeol have 4 other brothers. They are not blood related brothers but apparently they were all brought up together so they see each other as brothers. I think some of them are distantly related though.”

“Could the other brothers be Suho-ssi, D.O-ssi and umm what was his name again? Sehan?” Ji-eun asked and Eunji looked at her a bit surprised.

“Yes. That’s correct. How did you know?” She asked.

Ji-eun scratched her head, “I think it was their aura. Their aura’s are similar.”

“Whoa, I’m not very good with aura sensing so I wouldn’t know.” Eunji said, “but I didn’t know you could sense aura’s Ji-eun? Is that your individual power?”

Ji-eun tilted her head slightly, “no? I don’t think so? I mean, I thought all supernaturals can sense aura’s and its strength.”

Eunji shook her head, “not all beings can sense auras. Some can sense them but only slightly. For some it’s an individual power where they can determine how strong a being’s aura is, indicating how powerful they are or how different one’s aura is to another.”

“I am guessing you know how strong their aura is? It is a given that they are very powerful anyway.” Eunji said and Ji-eun listened on, fascinated.

“I’ve got to warn you though. Because they are so powerful, they are often feared by many. They actually go by a name. EXO-K. There are six members, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho, D.O, Sehun and Kai. They usually keep to themselves and don’t get involved with anyone unless necessary.”

Umm that doesn’t seem the case with Sehun who unleashes tornado’s on students. Ji-eun thought, remembering that time she met him in the office.

“I see.” Ji-eun then looked at Eunji curiously, “but why do you know so much about them Eunji?”

Eunji faltered, her expression becoming dull and sad. “I used to have these friends. Their names were Jiwoo, Soobin and Yeeun.”

“Eh? Them??” Ji-eun couldn’t believe it, the angels that were bullying Eunji the other day?

Eunji looked at her startled, “do you know them?”

Ji-eun then realised that Eunji didn’t know she was hiding in the cupboard that day and saw everything. “Uhh no. I’ve just heard of their names before that’s all. Heh.”

“Okay well, we were all friends and we used to do everything together until two of the most popular students of the angel race somehow became friends with Jiwoo, my closest friend. The student’s names were Haewon and Miyeon. They sort of joined our group and hung out with us all the time. At first I was fine with it but all they would talk about was their hair, the latest gossip and EXO-K. They also badmouthed a lot of other beings and talked behind their backs. It was then I found that the two were having quite a bad influence on all of us especially Jiwoo.” Eunji explained as Ji-eun listened intently.

“When other supernaturals that I was friends with began to misunderstand and thought I was badmouthing them because I was in the same group of friends with Haewon and Miyeon. That was when I had enough.” Eunji shook her head and continued.

“That one lunch time, I spoke up about what I really thought of them. I told them there was nothing good in talking about other people. I thought my friends would back me up but they all turned against me and sided with the Haewon and Miyeon instead.”

Ji-eun frowned as she listened, how could those angels be so cruel. That’s just immature.   

“Miyeon and Haewon didn’t like how I told them off like that so they decided to make my life miserable. They turned everyone against me, my friends, my classmates and humiliated me every chance they got. It even went to the point where they would use their fairy friends to steal my powers or tried to inflict pain on me. At first, I was angry. I’ve raised my voice, yelled, screamed and even used my powers against them so they’ll leave me alone. But I was wrong. It was what they wanted. The more reaction they got out of me, the more they wouldn’t leave me alone.” Eunji then began to sob and Ji-eun, not quite knowing what to do, awkwardly reached out and patted gently on the back.

Sniffling, Eunji took a tissue Ji-eun offered and wiped her eyes, “when I came to that realisation, I began to stay quiet. No matter what they did, I just took it with silence and left. After several months, most of my classmates grew bored and didn’t bother to torment me anymore. However, Haewon and Miyeon weren’t satisfied, they’ve turned Jiwoo and my friends against me and will still try to torment me as much as they can.”

That’s why Eunji’s so closed off and quiet. How can anyone be so despicable? Ji-eun thought feeling very frustrated and disappointed at those supernaturals involved in Eunji’s humiliation.

Eunji then clutched at Ji-eun’s hand, looking at her with glistening eyes, “Ji-eun. Please don’t tell anyone I told you that. I can deal with it myself, I have for the past few months anyway, a few more won’t hurt right?”

Ji-eun looked at her with sadness, “I won’t tell anyone Eunji. I promise. But now, just know that I will be here for you from now on.” I will try and protect you even if without my witch powers.

Eunji gave her a grateful smile, “thank you. Ji-eun, really.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hic.

 Ji-eun was walking to her next lesson, Mystic training. However she began to hiccup nonstop about 10 minutes before lunch ended. Eunji had stopped crying and tried to help Ji-eun stop hiccupping but was unsuccessful.

But at least it made Eunji laugh. Ji-eun thought and hiccupped. Did I not drink enough water?

Hic. Ugh. Why am I- hic. Hiccuping so- hic. Much.”

She looked around her to see no one in the halls.

She decided to close her eyes and walk blindly so that when she bumps into something it would really surprise her instead of getting Eunji to do jump scares because Ji-eun would’ve expected them already hence why, her hiccups didn’t go away.

Slowly, she walked up a few steps then turned diagonally to the left.

"Oof!" Ji-eun fell back as she bumped into something solid but breathing. She was definitely surprised but she hadn’t really known what she had just bumped into.

She felt and paused for a few seconds, "yes!! My hiccups are gone!" She exclaimed happily until, "hic." 

Ji-eun groaned.

"Ahem."

She looked up and stood up quickly as she saw who she had walked into. He was dark tanned and insanely gorgeous. 

The guy raised eyebrow at her, "why may I ask, are you walking around with your eyes closed?" 

"I wasn't. Hic." Ji-eun covered and looked up at him with large eyes.

He looked at her amused when someone called his name. 

"Kai!"

Ji-eun and Kai looked back to see Baekhyun coming towards them from a far. Ji-eun glanced at the stunning being next to her, he's Kai? From EXO-K? The one those mean angels and Eunji were talking about??

Kai turned to Baekhyun’s direction, his back facing Ji-eun, "hey hyung! Come meet this girl who hiccups and walks around with her eyes closed." He called to Baekhyun. Kai grinned and turned back around to see Ji-eun nowhere in sight.

"Hm? Where did Hiccups go?"

He then saw her hastily retreating figure down the end of the hallway and chuckled.

Interesting. I think things are just about to get better around here this semester.

=========================================================

Hey Supernaturals!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I sincerely wish you all from the bottom of my heart that this year will be a great year for everyone. 

I hope you liked Music class, Eunji's backstory and Kai's appearance!! More interactions to come. 

Thank you so much for subs and a comment from one lovely reader for the previous chappie. I really enjoy reading your comments. XD Do tell me what you guys think!!

Again, if you have any questions about the story, feel free to post it in the comment section or inbox me and I will answer your questions in the next update. Also let me know if you want your question to be anonymous. 

But if you don't have any questions thats fine too. 

Stay tuned for the next update!! 

PS: really sorry if there are any mistakes, I wasn't able to edit it yet. 

Many thanks, Author-nim~