Chapter 1

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

“Ah dang it!” She had spilled some of the potion again. Some of the purple liquid that was now on the table sizzled and hissed.

Regressus” The liquid splattered before it returned to the flask containing the rest of the potion.

“Honey!!! Breakfast is ready!” A voice came from below the attic. 

“Okay Imo, just wait a moment!!” A girl called back. She picked up a little glass bottle containing tiny specks of yellow crystals.

“About a quarter of Yellow Orthoclase.” She murmured and carefully poured some of the crystals into a spoon.

She placed the spoon down and picked up a large bottle. “40mLs of Orithylene.”

She measured out the Orithylene in a measuring cylinder before pouring the contents on the spoon into it.

Swirling the cylinder a bit, she chanted a spell. “Misceo et efficio.

She combined the purple liquid with the contents in the cylinder together into a large beaker. 

“Ji-eun, what’s taking you so long?!”

“I’m coming!!” Ji-eun slipped her hands out of her grey gloves, her bangles jiggling as she did so and raced out of the attic.

However, unbeknownst to her, the mixture began to bubble and rose slowly up towards the mouth of the beaker.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning. Sorry I took so long because I’m still trying to make that colour potion. I think I almost got it though. I’m doing better than the other times I attempted anyway" she said to her aunt as she came into the kitchen. Sungha turned from the stove and flashed her a smile.

"That’s fine dear. But next time come down and tell me alright?" she reprimanded lightly and flicked her hand which sent the pancake in the pan flipping upwards. “Your pancakes are on the table. Eat them quickly otherwise they’ll go cold.” Ji-eun nodded and started towards the kitchen table.

Suddenly without warning, a spatula flew with great speed straight at Ji-eun.

Ji-eun's eyes flashed dark blue and the spatula dropped to the ground.

"Nothing you couldn't handle," Sungha said and flipped the pancake again.

"Imo, was that surprise attack necessary? You send them at me all the time. I'm not surprised anymore." Ji-eun said exasperated. She looked down at the spatula and frowned, “now it’s dirty.”

"I’m just testing your reflexes and you could never-"

"-know what is coming your way,” Ji-eun finished with a smile. “Yes, I get it.” She picked up the spatula and washed it.

She pulled out a chair and sat down… on the ground. Her chair was now one metre away from her. Grumbling Ji-eun pulled out another chair next to her and moved her plate over. She sat down and once again her behind hit the floor painfully.

“Ughh why are you doing this Imooo.” She whined and Sungha chuckled, “you should’ve seen it coming, Ji-eun.”

The chairs moved back to their places and Ji-eun was finally able to sit on one.

Sungha beamed at her. “So, after breakfast, learn three spells from your spell book and you must get at least one right by the end of the day. I'll be watching.~"

"Seriously, why do I even need to learn spells anyway? It's not like I can really use some of them, like the attack spells."

Ji-eun was given a spell book by her aunt for her eighth birthday. Every day she had to learn three spells from the book. It was thick and large, and takes 30 years for witches to learn all the spells from the one book.

It wasn't the only spell book either.

Only ancient witches learnt all the spells and even created some too.

It wasn’t easy to learn them. The deeper she got through the book, the harder the spells became.

It was going to take Ji-eun another two years until she learnt half of the spells but she didn't really see much point in several of them even though it was fun to change her hair colour from ebony black to blonde or turn her clothes inside-out, though it did help her with the laundry.

However, Ji-eun never understood why she had to train every day and practice fighting or learn deadly spells such as controlling particles and making anything explode.

She rarely questioned it but when she did, her aunt would somehow distract her from it.

She has also never seen another supernatural besides her aunt. She would only be able to walk around the forest but never got very far since her aunt put a tracking spell on her so she would know exactly where Ji-eun was. Her aunt was always extra cautious when letting Ji-eun outside so she always made her wear a hooded cloak so that she could hide her appearance behind the clothing if anyone passed by.

After breakfast, Ji-eun quickly went back upstairs to test the newly made potion and clean up.

As she reached the flip door in the ceiling that led to the attic, she could smell something strange. Feeling a little uneasy, she carefully opened the door and peeped inside.

“Oh no…” Ji-eun groaned.

It was a mess.  

The mixture that was previously sitting nicely in the beaker had exploded. The mixture had gotten onto the walls and other objects in the attic and turned them into a different colour.

The wooden brown table was now a bright yellow, the creamy white walls were now dark red, her once grey gloves became a spotted orange and everything else was a different extraordinary colour to its original.

Jieun sighed, “I must’ve done something wrong again. At least I know that I definitely made a colour potion.” She picked up a pair of scissors where the silver metal part turned turquoise. “But it wasn’t meant to explode.”  She tried cutting paper with the scissors but pouted when she couldn’t. Since it was no longer metal, the scissors were now blunt.

“I guess it’s a good thing I’m not skilled enough to make the advanced colour potion.” She said to herself. The one she just made was only the basic so the colours were going to wear off in a few hours however, the advanced potion would make it permanent. Of course powerful sorcerers who use the potion would also have enough magic to undo the effects of the advanced potion.

Ji-eun was only a beginner so she would be screwed if it was permanent.

Putting down the scissors, something caught her eye, she hadn’t noticed it before but the piece of paper she was trying to cut before used to be a beige colour but became completely black. Although, not only was the paper black, it had words on it. Words that were written in the same colour as the paper originally. 

It must be a hidden message.

Ji-eun read the beige words and knitted her eyebrows in confusion. What… is this?

Erimentha, Commander of Truth and Chastity

Ira, Keeper of Hidden Treasure and Secrets

Alcina, Seeker of Amnesty

Cahira, Sworn Warrior of Justice

The four legends and the guardians must come together as one on the day of end for this will be the new beginning for all.

Trust and faith is the key to say otherwise, doom will befall.

 

 

========================================================

Hey Supernaturals!

First chapter!! Yay!! How did you likes guys? There were a few things I still left in there from the original but I hope that this chapter didn't disappoint you (yet).

I'm so sorry for not updating until now. I'm quite busy but I'll try fit in another update next week. Hopefully.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING, VOTES AND COMMENTS!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. SERIOUSLY I REALLY DO. 

PS. I have no idea if the latin words makes sense because I don't know latin and anyone who does happen to understand latin please ignore it. Thanks :D

Anyway hope you guys have a great weekend. 

Stay tuned for the next chappie. 

Annyeong!~~~