Chapter 25.5

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

Because I know who my masked singer truly is now.

Ji-eun stared at D.O in shock, she didn’t know what to think. How did he find out? And what was Haewon going to do now?

Speaking of the EA sister, she appeared behind Ji-eun in an instant. “Ah? Ji-eun? What are you doing here?” Haewon narrowed her eyes at her.

Ji-eun getting the hint, was kind of conflicted, should she go along with Haewon or not? But if she didn’t Eunji would be hurt again.

“I’m-“

She cut off when D.O grabbed her hand.

Ji-eun stared at him with wide eyes and Haewon glowered at them.

“You don’t need to explain Ji-eun, I understand.” He says softly.

He then stands up, pulling her to her feet as well. D.O turns to face Haewon who somewhat looks a lot more nervous now and she should be, after pulling all those tricks.

“You don’t need to pretend any more Haewon, I know that the person I really talked to that night was Ji-eun.”

He wasn’t looking at her but Ji-eun’s face heated up a lot and D.O’s hand was still holding onto hers lightly.

D.O raised an eyebrow at Haewon who was looking absolutely speechless, “I admit you almost got me there if it weren’t for both of your conversations’ I heard earlier.”

He was actually pretty surprised that Haewon was threatening Ji-eun and her friend. He knew that something was fishy about Haewon but he didn’t know she was this bad.

Ji-eun glanced at him, so he had heard…

Haewon just looked super shocked and she stepped back a little.

D.O slowly let go of Ji-eun’s hand as he stepped towards Haewon. “I think you know what to do now Haewon.” He then lowers his voice so much that Ji-eun couldn’t even hear him and says a few words before stepping back.

Ji-eun looks at them confused when Haewon looks utterly humiliated and almost in tears as she turns around and runs out of the theatre. But what really stunned her was that Haewon’s eyes also held fear. What exactly did D.O tell her?

Strangely, Ji-eun almost felt sorry for the girl and looks at D.O.

He gives her a smile like nothing had happened. “So it was you huh? I really wouldn’t have expected to find out this way. First with the overheard conversation, I should have expected it was you and when I walked in here and sensed another presence, it just confirmed my suspicions.”   

Ji-eun looks down a bit shy, not knowing what to say.

“You know, all the words I said before about your voice were true. I really like your singing style.”

And you truly have taken my interest. D.O thought. But what he didn’t know that he was slowly falling for her. He had been intrigued by Ji-eun when they first met but after knowing she could sing, his interest seemed to grow and may even seem to develop into something else the more he talked to her.

Ji-eun couldn’t help but grin back, “thank you. As I mentioned last time. You also have an amazing voice as well.”

D.O chuckles, “thanks.” He dips his head, “maybe we can sing together sometime.”

Ji-eun was about to agree when she thought back to the rest of the EXO-K members. So if Sehun and D.O knows I can sing they must not be the werewolf I saw in the forest. But even so, I can’t sing freely around this school because that werewolf is still most likely from around here. I can’t take the same risk I did at the Masquerade.

“Um, sure. But I have stage fright so please don’t tell anyone I can sing.”

D.O tilts his head, “stage fright? But you seemed fine at the Masquerade.”

“A-ah that was because I had a mask on. That kind of helped me get over my nerves a bit but I was still extremely nervous.” She says, my goodness I really can’t make up good excuses.

“Hmm. Okay if that makes you more at ease then fine I won’t say anything.” He says holding up a finger to his lips. “I guess that also explains why you told Chanyeol you couldn’t sing since you have stage fright. But that’s okay everyone gets stage fright at first. You’ll eventually be able to get over it.” He says encouragingly.

Ji-eun just laughs a bit awkwardly at him and rubs the back of her head. “Thanks, that…means a lot D.O.”

“Kyungsoo.”

“Eh?”

D.O gives her a soft smile, “my real name is Kyungsoo. D.O is just a name I go by but my close friends and brothers call me Kyungsoo.” He pauses before staring straight into her eyes, “I’d like you to call me by my real name, Ji-eun.”

Butterflies went wild in Ji-eun’s stomach as she stared back into his eyes, nodding hesitantly “u-um thank you Kyungsoo.”

D.O beams and he looked really cute in her eyes.     

The bell rings.

Kyungsoo gestures towards the door, “lets head back to class.” He says and as always, her heart beats faster at the way he was smiling at her.

As they walked to class and talked to each other, Ji-eun’s heart swelled with happiness. At least one thing worked out well. She thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D.O sat on the couch, with a book open in his lap but he wasn’t reading it. He thought back to the events that occurred earlier and allowed a smile to appear on his lips. Lee Ji-eun… Is my mysterious masked singer. He was really glad that it was her. She was such a kind-hearted, friendly and caring being. She really cares for her friend. Basically she was everything they weren’t. Everything he wasn’t.

He thought back to the words he said to Haewon and his eyes changed, taking a dark glint.

I think you know what to do now Haewon.” His voice lowers, “you better stay away from Ji-eun from now on, otherwise I will destroy you. Now be a good girl and walk yourself to the office for your punishment or else I’ll do the honours. Your choice.”

It didn’t surprise him when the angel her heel and practically flew out of the room. She knew what he was capable of and no one in the school would be stupid enough to doubt that.

Chanyeol walks into the room, stretching. He glances over at his brother siting on the couch and was surprised to see him looking out absentmindedly with a dark grin on his face. Like a demon’s grin.

Glancing out the window, Chanyeol frowns. The day of the full moon must be getting closer. He looks back at Kyungsoo who appears like he was possessed by something. The curse is beginning to activate.  

Chanyeol quickly covers D.O’s eyes with his large hand for a few seconds before taking his arm away. His brother had fallen asleep and the tall werewolf sighed. I need to go out for a run.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That evening, Ji-eun was on the lookout for Haewon and Miyeon or even Jiwoo and if they were bullying Eunji but nothing like that happened. She didn’t even see them and when she asked Eunji who said that she didn’t see them either. It was very strange and it made her feel a bit uneasy but for now she was glad that Eunji wasn’t hurt and she was looking a bit livelier than before.  

I’m so tired, can’t wait to get back to the dorm and sleep.

Ji-eun thought, yawning as she made her way back to the dorm. Oh yeah, Eunji said that she had an extra Art class today so she’ll be back a bit later. I guess I’ll go to bed first then.

She turned the corner but then a strange eerie feeling washed over her and she paused, hesitantly turning around. When she didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, she swivelled back around and resumed walking. However, she couldn’t shake off the feeling that something was following her, watching her closely.

Ji-eun hurried her steps to her dorm but the strange feeling still remained.

Feeling it was a little humid in the room, she decided to go open the window to let some air in.

Walking by her desk, where the key pouch lay, she reached past it to grab her light blue pyjamas with little duck patterns out from a nearby draw.

Entering the bathroom, Ji-eun got changed into her night clothes.

Thump.

“Hm?” Ji-eun buttoned up her top and opened the bathroom door, peering out.

What she didn’t expect to see was a huge black vulture about the size of a desk chair, poking its massive yellow beak into her open window.

Ji-eun gasped loudly and the vulture spotted her with bright red eyes, it squawked and jerked its head around.

Her eyes widened, the Key! Hanging from the vulture’s beak, was the key pouch. Ji-eun nervously took a step forward but the vulture had begun to move away from the window still holding onto the key pouch.

“H-hey!” She yelled and ran towards the window, the vulture hopping away from her.

Ji-eun’s heart pounded, I need to get it back.

She didn’t care that she was wearing her pyjamas and jumped out the window, racing after the vulture that was already flapping its great big wings.

They were outside. She really had no idea how to get key back but she was going to have to do something, and fast.

Picking up nearby rocks, Ji-eun threw them at the scavenger bird but unfortunately she had pretty bad aim and missed the vulture many times.

Suddenly the vulture her and swooped down towards her head.

Ji-eun yelped and shielded herself with her arms and fell backwards onto a wet and muddy part of the grass. This is just perfect. She lifted herself up, her bare feet squelching in the mud, ugh gross.

 But she didn’t give up and continued chasing after the bird.

It was a bit harder to see it now since it was dark out. She reached for her necklace but as she was about to utter the magical words, she tripped on a rock and fell forward, face planting onto the grass. Thankfully it was dry though.

Oh no… The vulture is probably long gone by now and it’s taken the key! How do I explain this to Eunji? And where in the world did that bird even come from??

She just lay there not even caring about anything anymore. Abruptly, she heard a snort and soft masculine laughter that sounded quite familiar coming from a few metres to her right.

“Nice fall, Hiccups. Very entertaining.”

Ji-eun didn’t lift her head because she was half embarrassed and half done with her life at that moment.

“Nah, I think her choice in nightwear is much more amusing.” Another voice that she recognised as Chanyeol say but this time from directly above her.

A finger poked her shoulder, “is she dead?” Baekhyun asks.

Sehun stared down at the lifeless figure with an expressionless face, “yeah. Dead from embarrassment it seems.” What, is all of EXO-K here?

“What are you guys doing?” Ji-eun hears D.O say from the distance, he probably just arrived. Ugh, I can’t face him. This is so mortifying. 

“Why is there someone lying on the ground? What did you guys do this time?” Suho’s voice demanded.

“Nothing!” Baekhyun and even Chanyeol protests. “She’s not waking up for some reason, we don’t know what’s wrong with her.”

Ji-eun hears Kai snicker, “she’s faking it guys, look.”

Before she could comprehend his words, a finger jabbed her sharply in the side and she jerked upwards faster than they could all blink.

“Ji-eun…?” D.O murmurs under his breath.

Kai and Baekhyun cracked up.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and even Sehun had a small glint of amusement in his eye.  Suho had his eyebrows furrowed, looking bemused.

Ji-eun gives Kai the most deathly glare she could manage as he laughed, “see? She’s fine.”

She had a quick glance over them all, Kai and Sehun were wearing black wife-beaters, Chanyeol wore a white one while Suho was in a white t-shirt and D.O and Baekhyun wore black t-shirts along with track pants and sneakers.

They were all sweating like they just did a run. But still looked extremely good-looking and she was a bit glad there were no other female students (except Eunji) around otherwise they’d be screaming their little heads off or fainting all over the place.  

Kai then extends a hand out to her which she takes because she really didn’t want to stay on the ground any longer.

“Are you hurt?” She turns her head and something soft touches her face. Ji-eun looks into Kyungsoo’s eyes as he tenderly dabs her dirtied face with a handkerchief. Her heart thudded in her chest, face burning. What they both didn’t notice was the obvious and subtle envious eyes coming from some of the other members.

Ji-eun thanked him after he finished and he nodded at her with a smile, pressing another clean handkerchief into her hand to wipe the rest of her clothes down a bit.

Suho stepped up towards her, “Lee Ji-eun. Tell me why you are out here in your night clothes covered in dirt and lying around carelessly?” He orders, Kai and Baekhyun snicker.

Ji-eun didn’t know what to say, “I-“

“Ji-eun!” 

They all turn to see Eunji standing there looking at her friend in utmost horror.

Ji-eun felt guilty and she didn’t know what to say to her.

“Ji-eun! Are you alright? What happened?” Eunji asks frantically as she came over to her.

The half witch was unable to look at her friend however when Eunji leaned closer and whispered, ‘it’s okay’ in her ear before pressing something into her hand.

Ji-eun became confused.

She glanced down to see her holding the key pouch and she looked up at Eunji who gave her a reassuring smile. Ji-eun was relieved but she had no idea how Eunji got it back but she didn’t have to worry about that now, as long as the key was safe.

Then she remembered Suho and she stared at him cautiously.

Suho just sighed and rubbed his neck, “alright alright enough. Let’s just all go back to bed. Forget this happened.” He says tiredly as he walked off but not before giving his brothers a look. The message was clear, they needed to leave for Endless Town soon.

Sehun turned and went in the opposite direction. Chanyeol just glanced at Ji-eun for a second and also turned away.

Baekhyun patted Eunji slightly on the shoulder in goodbye whereas Kai and D.O smiled at Ji-eun before leaving.

Eunji nudged her gently and gestured for her to go back towards the dorm. “I’ll explain everything later.” She says quietly.

Ji-eun nods and follows her, looking down at the key. There seems to be much more to this key than I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vulture flew upwards and landed swiftly onto a stretched out arm.

Welcome back, Rubellite. You’ve worked hard.” A soft mellow voice says from the shadows.

Damn, we almost had the key! Chen, why didn’t you stop her??” The oldest out of the group says.

Chen shrugs, “I was too busy laughing at the pyjama witch girl.

We don’t know if she’s really a sorceress yet though.

I’m pretty sure she is after that stunt she pulled at the Masquerade. How else could she had melted your ice?

Half the members of EXO-M were standing the school roof edge, looking down at the two angels walking back to their dorm.

Duizhang isn’t going to be happy again.” Says the mellow voice. “But at least we’ve found some interesting information.” 

Xiumin nods, “I agree with Lay. We now know where the key is and who holds it.

Chen crossed his arms, slumping his shoulders. “I even made a bet with Luhan that we would definitely get the key and I’m going to mocked. It’s all that Moon Child’s fault.

Xiumin rolled his eyes at Chen’s childish comment, switching to Korean, “power of Negation. She was only able to stop our powers for five seconds. But she was quick enough to steal the key and flee. Very impressive indeed.”   

Lay shook his head and caressed his bird’s head. “A Moon Child.” He chuckles slightly. “Never would have seen that coming.

“Okay let’s go back. I have an idea how we can get the key without us being too involved.” Chen declares.

We will be back. They all thought before vanishing into thin air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lord Donghae? You asked to see us?”

“Yes.” Donghae shows his grandsons the letter he had is his hand. “I received this half and hour ago by a black vulture. It appears someone knows about you guys being secret agents.”

The infinite members all gathered around and read the contents of the letter.

Donghae and Infinite,

The key to the Book of Prophets that you have searched so hard for is within the hands of a witch. She is a sorceress in the disguise of an angel student with a faint scent at Mystical High.

You can choose to believe or not believe this letter.

However, it is best that the key is to be found and protected at all costs.

The fate of Glaze is in your hands. Choose wisely.

 

Regards,

Friend or Foe.

“Is this for real?” Sungyeol breathes.

“Angel with a faint scent? Sounds familiar.” Says Woohyun and the other members nodded their heads.

Dongwoo taps his chin, “didn’t we see one at the Masquerade?”

Donghae laces his fingers together in front of him on his lap, “you boys may or may not have seen this being at the Masquerade but there is always a possibility. So that is why I am sending you all to Mystical High undercover to investigate.”  

Hoya shakes his head looking at his grandfather in disbelief, “you do know that this could be a trap right?”

Sunggyu glares at him for being disrespectful but Donghae just nods, “I know that you guys have made lots of enemies but I trust that each and every one of you as my skilled secret agents that this will not be a problem for you.”

At first no one says anything but being the leader, Sunggyu bows “yes my lord. We will do our best.” He says, the other infinite members not really having a choice but to follow as well.

Donghae bobs his head, proud with his grandsons. “Excellent. I look forward to your return.”

====================================================================  

HEYAAA AGAIN SUPERNATURALS!

Things are starting to get supperrr complicated now so sit back and enjoy the ride! XD

Thank you so so much for all the comments for the previous chapter, I'm really glad you all liked that chapter! And thank you also for that sub and vote as well! 

Reply to prev chap (25) comments:

UaenaExoticInspirit : … Do you know how much that means to me? I am really really happy to hear that you think my story is one of the best stories you’ve read. Thank you so much!! <3 :’D

cathye : AHAHAHAH BREATHE GIRL XD But I feels you too. I just can’t with Sehun and D.O. 

chenchen-fan: Ikr!! I mean it’s about time Haewon knows her place HAHA. And you are so right, he did sense her! Thank so much for your support!!!

KimChi27Mochi: Aww thank you!! Glad you like it. <3

joyjesoh: None of them have a clue that Ji-eun is a witch at all. Chanyeol is the only one who really saw her in her ‘witch’ appearance but didn’t know it was her and can only recognise her singing. However he hasn’t seen her sing yet so he still doesn't know and D.O doesn’t know that she is a witch. Sehun has his suspicions that she is definitely hiding something however he does not suspect her of being a witch. I hope this makes sense XD. If you are curious about anything else, feel free to ask me!

 

That's all guys!

Hope you all have a great week and see you next update! (Hopefully soon) 

 

Love, Author-nim~