Chapter 22

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

“I’m so glad you found Lee seongsangnim in time. I was so worried.” Eunji told Ji-eun. They were both on the carriage back to school. Turns out Eunji was actually with the other students and she got worried when she didn’t see Ji-eun anywhere and asked Jongsuk, (who was nearest teacher to her at that moment) for help.

A lot of students and a few staff members were injured and were sent to the nearby hospitals to be checked up on. Some other teachers stayed back to deal with the mess created after the Dalmundums had been slain by EXO-K and some of the other stronger students and staff.

Ji-eun smiled weakly at Eunji but stayed silent as she mulled over the thoughts flying around in her mind. Truthfully, she didn’t know where everyone was at all. She actually had some help finding her way to them.

Flashback

Ji-eun looked back at the large building she ran out from, hoping none of those creepy mannequin guys were chasing after her.

"Oof!" She bumped into a hard body and fell hard on her bottom.

"Are you okay there, Princess?" She looked up to see familiar red haired guy and navy blue suit but his mask was off. Now that she could clearly see his face, she thought that he was incredibly breath-taking.

He had his hand extended out to her.

Seeing this, Ji-eun quickly stood up on her own, a little flustered and apologized, "sorry I bumped into you, I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

With a slight smirk, the guy slowly drew his hand back.

"Ayy, this is a first. A girl actually refused Markie's hand." A haughty voice joked.

Ji-eun then realised that there actually five other guys standing behind him.

"Markie...?" Ji-eun muttered quietly. What kind if name is that?

A guy with silver hair and a few ear piercings spoke up, "don't mind Jackson, he just likes to reel Mark up a lot."

"Hey! No I don't!" A sturdy-looking guy wearing a snapback (with his suit??), protested.

Mark rolled his eyes, "you actually do, Jackson."

"Markieee, I wouldn't do that to you, you know I love you."

Another guy sighed rubbing his forehead, "oh shut up Jackson, you talk too much."

"Jinyoung! How could you say that to me?? I am wild and y."

Another guy with a big smile just threw his head back and started laughing aloud at Jackson.  

“HAHAHAHAHA*gasps*HAHAHAHA”

“YOU BETTER NOT BE LAUGHING AT ME YOUNGJAE, YOU LITTLE !”

"Umm..." Ji-eun uttered, not sure if she should feel amused or scared.

They all looked at her and she stared back. Now that she really looked at them, they were all really attractive. WHY IS EVERYONE SO GOOD LOOKING??!?!

"I uh, need to get back to my school now, please excuse me." She said attempting to walk away.

Another cute faced-looking guy tilted his head and stepped in front of her, blocking her way.

"Do you know the way though, noona?" Uh Noona?

"Bambam's right, your school has been evacuated a while ago, you wouldn't be able to find them if you went back into the mansion." The silver haired dude said, he looked kind of leader-like.

“Ah, is that right…” Ji-eun trailed off, at a loss of what to do.

"We can help you, noona!" A giant guy said, bouncing up and down on his spot. Uh okay. Can I really trust these guys?

Mark crossed his arms and interrupted her thoughts, “would you rather go wonder around and get lost like a headless chicken or come with us to where you’re school mates are?”

Ji-eun’s jaw dropped, she was taken aback. She didn’t think Mark was this kind of guy. Did he just indirectly call her a headless chicken? She narrowed her eyes at him “what did you just say?”

Mark smirked at her.

Jinyoung came over to them, “don’t worry about Mark, he’s just playing. What he really means to say is that we’re probably a better choice than getting lost you know?”

Point taken. “hmm…okay then, thanks.” Ji-eun replied after a while, I guess I don’t really have a choice in the matter.

End flashback

And they really did take me back and vanished afterwards. I wonder what school they come from. But why would they help me? Ji-eun didn’t know why but she was quite curious about them. They introduced themselves as GOT7 but never told her what kind of Supernatural they were or anything.

“Ji-eun?” Eunji called, staring at her in concern. “You alright? What’s on your mind? You’re being unusually quiet.”

Ji-eun shook her head, “it’s nothing. Just overwhelmed by everything that happened today, that’s all.”

Eunji nodded in agreement, “yeah, I can’t believe it either. Demons huh? And to think EXO-K was behind all this.”

“It wasn’t EXO-K!” Ji-eun burst out suddenly. Eunji turned to her in surprise and even she herself felt shocked at her own outburst. “I mean, EXO-K definitely were not the ones behind this.”

Eunji turned her gaze to the ground of the carriage, “You think so too?” She asked quietly, not even wondering why Ji-eun would think it wasn’t them.

Ji-eun blinked at her cluelessly.

“I don’t think those six guys performing were them either, from what I heard from some of the staff, EXO-K were still in their private rooms getting ready. They weren’t expecting them for another ten minutes or so but apparently six guys in masks turned up backstage claiming they were EXO-K.”

“Oh…So that’s why.” Ji-eun murmured, she didn’t want to admit it but she felt relieved. Could those crazy fake mannequin guys in the library have something to do with all this I wonder?

The she remembered, “by the way, where were you during the headmaster’s speech? I waited for you at our table but you never came back.”

Eunji glanced at her, “um I was actually needed backstage after my performance so I wasn’t able to come out.” She appeared a bit sad about something for a moment but turned to smile at Ji-eun in a reassuring way. Ji-eun returned the gesture but it didn’t stop the unease from settling into her heart.

 

That night, Ji-eun rolled over in her bed but the night’s terrifying events were still fresh in her mind and she couldn’t sleep. It had been about an hour since they’d gotten into bed after arriving back at school. There was probably only a few hours left before morning and classes would begin.

Ji-eun shut her eyes tightly but an image of those large, black, red-eyed creatures made her shudder.

She opened her eyes slowly and sighed.

“…Ji-eun? Are you not asleep yet?” 

A ruffle of the sheets in the opposite bed made her look over. Eunji rubbed her eyes tiredly and glanced over at her. Indeed she was sleeping and Ji-eun felt bad that she must’ve woken her up.

“Sorry, did I wake you up? You can go back to sleep, I’ll be quiet.” She said but to her surprise, Eunji got out of her bed and walked over to hers, yawning a little.

She sat down on her bed next to her laying form and stared at her a bit more awake now. “What’s the matter? Can’t fall asleep?”

Ji-eun considered whether or not to tell her the truth as Eunji would surely worry but before she could say anything, Eunji smiled. “It’s okay, I understand. Today has been an eventful day.”

Eunji shuffled around a bit to get comfortable on the bed. “Close your eyes.” She says.

Ji-eun looked at her confused but Eunji just stretched her hand out and touched Ji-eun’s hair, softly raking it through her wavy strands.

A quiet but soothing melodic voice began to fill the air and Ji-eun realised what she was doing.

Smiling, Ji-eun closed her eyes lulled by Eunji’s enchanting lullaby and the warm touch caressing her hair.

Eunji has such a motherly nature.

Was the last thought she had before she fell into a deep sleep.

---------------------------------------------------

Ji-eun and Eunji were walking to their homerooms, students standing around chattering more than usual.

“I can’t believe EXO-K would do something like this.” An amazon said to her group of friends.

“I know right?? What if EXO-K really were the demons?”

“Wouldn’t we all be doomed?” A male elf commented.

 

“All students, please gather in the gymnasium for an assembly.”

“All students please gather in the gymnasium for an assembly.”

The intercom cut off, leaving students to glance around amongst themselves in curiosity as they began to head towards the gym. 

“I wonder what that was about.” Eunji tells Ji-eun who nodded in agreement. She hoped that the headmaster would fill them in on everything that had happened.

 

They were both waiting in the gym as more students from each class began to file into the large gymnasium, the chattering getting louder and louder.

Ji-eun suddenly felt the same familiar force surround her before a muscular tan arm slung around her shoulder and someone breathed against her ear. “Hey Hiccups.”

Turning scarlet, she tried elbowing him in the gut but he had already teleported a metre away from her. Eunji just looked at them with a small but shy smile on her face.

The rest of the EXO-K members were actually walking up to them and this time, Eunji turned red at the sight of Baekhyun. However she frowned a little when he glanced at her for a second and looked away.   

“Long time no see, Hiccups. It was such a shame you weren’t there at the Masquerade. We had a blast!” Kai joked but Ji-eun just furrowed her eyebrows at him, how could he joke around when demons literally attacked them yesterday. She felt a small drop of doubt plant itself into her brain. Maybe it really was EXO-K…?

She glanced up and met Sehun’s cold eyes stare at her, suspicion swimming within his gaze and Ji-eun looked away.

Ryeowook stepped on a tall wooden platform in the front of the gym and spoke in a loud clear voice, “Students of Mystical High. Firstly I sincerely apologize for interrupting your educational classes for this unexpected assembly. However, I would like to address the unfortunate events that had taken place yesterday night at the Masquerade held by the Silver Rose. Due to unforeseen happenings, many injuries occurred and as fortunate as it is that no deaths has occurred within our school, other academic institutes were not as lucky.”

A series of gasps sounded across the student cohort.

Ji-eun bit her lip, death was very close wasn’t it. This really is getting real.

The headmaster continued, “I assure you all, that students sporting injuries have been sent to hospital and are recovering well. I have sent out letters to parents and guardians regarding these issues and reassured them that the school will be responsible for paying any hospital bills and insurance fees, we also agree to cover any other costs if applicable and is required as per request. As for saying these events, for those who did not attend the Masquerade, but probably has already heard, Bavyilon was under attack by demons. However, the demons that we have heard much of did not seem to be present at the occasion. For further explanation, the creatures with black coloured skin, large claws, red eyes and tentacles are in fact not the demons.”

Questioning looks were given between the students as they listened carefully to the headmaster’s words.

“These creatures are called, Dalmundums. They were created by demons several years ago to cause destruction within this world. There are four different types of Dalmundums. Level 1 Dalmundums are the lowest ranked, very slow and quite weak, Level 2 has moderate strength but slow as well, Level 3 have incredible strength and quite fast. Lastly, Level 4 are the highest ranked, very fast, tremendously strong and extremely difficult to defeat. Yesterday, it was reported to me that most of the Dalmundums present were level 3.”

Just like what Cho Kyuhyun said in his Journal… Ji-eun thought.

“Furthermore, I would like to clarify with you all clearly, that those beings who were performing as my grandsons’ yesterday, was not EXO-K.”

Cue. More chatter arose from the crowd and Ji-eun glanced at the members to see they all had very solemn expressions on their handsome faces.

Ryeowook held up a hand to silence the students, “I do not know who those beings were and nor would I have expected that someone would frame my grandsons before the demonic attack. This is a very unacceptable manner and I will surely investigate further into this matter. As of now, I would like to end this assembly with another genuine apology, and assure you all one last time that this school has increased its security and patrols will be performed regularly for your own safety here on campus. Thank for your time and good luck with the rest of your studies.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Eyyy, I knew EXO-K weren’t like that! I mean sure they’re scary but they most definitely wouldn’t be on the demons side right?” Said one of Ji-eun’s classmates sitting near her.

Her friend flicked her hair, “of course Soomin. Besides demons are probably ugly looking creatures, how can EXO-K be that when they’re so drop-dead gorgeous?”

“But secretly, I’ve been thinking that those guys who pretended to be EXO-K were also unexpectedly attractive. Aww I wish I could see their faces without the masks!”

All the other females were seemingly listening in, nodding their heads and hanging on to every word. While Ji-eun rolled her eyes at the girls conversation. Well it’s not so secret anymore if you’re telling everyone. She then stared down at the small unfolded piece of paper in her hands.

She only had just arrived in maths class when she saw a folded white paper on her desk. Sehun’s seat was empty. Looking around to see if anyone was looking, which there wasn’t, she opened it.

Written in small scrawny letters on the paper was:

'Meet me on the rooftop at the beginning of lunch tomorrow. Do NOT make me wait.

And you BETTER be there, otherwise I will not be forgiving.

S'

Ji-eun reread the note five more times, with her getting more anxious each time.

Holyyy a legitimate threat from Sehun.

Not that he hadn’t threatened her before but this was like private place, rooftop that she almost fell and died from and was that last sentence necessary? It’s like he thought she wasn’t going to come unless he threatened her, which was probably true but still. Everything seemed like it was arranged for an upcoming death. Her death, to be more precise. 

What does he want with me?!? Was it because of that talk this morning with Kai?? What do I DO? Do I go? If I go, I’ll die. But if I don’t go I’ll also die but I’ll die later? Should I not go then? So that I can prolong my life span a little more, even if it’ll probably be a few minutes before he finds me. HMM DECISIONS DECISIONS WITH EXTREMELY LITTLE CHOICES.  

“Why has my life mounted to this…”     

 

In the end she decided she would go because she thought it would be much scarier to wait for him to come hunt her down instead of her coming to him.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Ji-eun honey? Ji-eun ah." Ji-eun slowly opened her eyes, awoken from her sleep. The room was dark. Who’s calling me...

A bright light shone in her face and she saw her aunt in a sort of hologram.

Ji-eun shot up from her bed, "Imo?!?"

Sungha place a finger on her lips and pointed behind her, Eunji turned over in her bed but she was still fast asleep.

"Imo? What-whats happening?" Ji-eun whispered, she felt tears gather in her eyes. "do you know I’ve missed you so much."

Her aunt also had tears fall down her face, "I know sweetie, and I miss you a lot too. That’s why I performed the communication spell to talk to you, I’m sorry I couldn’t come to you physically as that would be very risky but I am happy to see you are well, I heard about what happened at Bavyilon. I’m so glad you’re safe."

Sungha swayed a little and placed a hand on her forehead. That worried Ji-eun immensely.

“Imo? Are you okay?? What’s gotten into you?” She asked in a frantic whisper.

Sungha shook her head tiredly, “I’m okay. I’ve just used a lot of energy today with the spells. Nothing out of the ordinary.”

Ji-eun frowned, she knew using spells a lot would use up energy but her aunt was usually strong enough to use quite a few spells without feeling fatigue.

“Imo, you should get some rest then. I’m fine now see? Please don’t neglect your health.”

Sungha smiled, “I’ll be fine Ji-eun. But you’re right, I don’t have much time to talk to you and I am not sure how long I can keep this spell. So do tell me how you’ve been finding school, I know you’ve been using spells even though I specifically told you the less spells the better.”

Ji-eun laughed sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck, “er you know me too well Imo. Hehehe…”

Shaking her head, Sungha sighed “I’m not going to scold you for that but really, you’ve got to be careful okay?”

Ji-eun nodded.

“How’s the school? Are you liking it? Making lots of friends?”

Ji-eun smiled and told her aunt everything (well mostly, she left out EXO-K and how she had many near death experiences and also that she was possibly the most hated in the school– she didn’t want her aunt to worry whom already seems to have a lot on her plate) she did since arriving at Mystical High.

“Hmm, seems like everything is going well for you then!” Sungha says, relieved and a bit more relaxed.

Suddenly, the hologram glitched and began to fade in and out.

Sungha frowned, “I’m sorry honey, it seems that the spell is starting wear off. Just remember to stay safe and that I love you a lot okay?”

At this point Ji-eun started to panic, no! I haven’t gotten to even say much to Imo! “W-wait Imo, please don’t leave yet, I love you a lot too-“

The hologram glitched again and the last thing Ji-eun saw was her aunt giving her a radiant loving smile before the hologram shut off completely. And I miss you so so so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------

D.O watched as Haewon and Miyeon with their little groupies sit down at a table near him and his brothers, in the cafeteria. To be honest, after seeing that Haewon was his mysterious masked singer, he had felt quite conflicted with his emotions. He knew that he most definitely was attracted to the girl he met at the masquerade, but was this girl really Haewon? He didn’t know much about Haewon really, he never even talked much to her, he only heard from Chanyeo or Baekhyun that she and her sister were really annoying. So how was he supposed to react when he found out that he was possibly attracted to Haewon?

At that moment, Haewon turned her head and locked eyes with him. D.O blinked and he didn’t know what he was doing but he lifted his hand a bit and waved at her.

Haewon’s eyes widened and she blushed crazily, looking back at her friends in shock. D.O raised an eyebrow at her reaction, hm? That seems like something the masked singer might do. Maybe it is her…

"Uhh, hyung?”

D.O turned to look at Kai, “what are you doing. Why are you waving at those troublesome angels?”

Chanyeol and Sehun who were the other two sitting at their lunch table, immediately focused on their wide-eyed brother. Suho was taking care of some student council work from his class while Baekhyun was somewhere (probably sulking).

D.O pursed his heart shaped lips and looked down at the table, “what’s wrong with that?”  He asks quietly. No way was he going to tell them about his masked singer.

“Wow. Hyung you’re really asking why?” Kai asks. “Well just by looking at this hyung here-“ He gestured at Chanyeol who immediately glared at him.

Kai cut off and turned back to D.O and forced a smiled, “nevermind. You know what I mean.”

D.O shrugged “I just felt like giving them a chance you know?”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, “a chance? For what?”

D.O pressed his lips into a thin line, “just… I don’t know, make friends?”

Kai gave him a look of disbelief, “whoa. I’m really worried now. Hyung are you sick?”  He reached out to put his hand on D.O’s forehead but was pushed away.

“Dude get away from me, I’m fine okay?” I think… D.O shook his head.

"Hm, well I don’t really care anyway. As long as no one bothers me." Sehun says, looking away.

Chanyeol just glared. And his expression became even more ferocious when a certain being came up to his table and dared to saddle up to him with a bright smile on her face.

"Chanyeol-ah, want to join us for lunch?" Miyeon chirped.

"No, why the bloody *censored* would I?!" Chanyeol snarled, startling her so much that she immediately moved back.

Chanyeol sighed and pushed his chair back. He already felt like burning something. "I’m leaving."

Kai gave D.O a ‘you see?’ look and he sighed.

Sehun just kept his usual emotionless face as he continued eating his lunch while Kai just looked at Miyeon who was watching Chanyeol leave with wide eyes. "You really shouldn't bother Chanyeol hyung anymore."

Miyeon turned her head to him, "why? He can't really do anything much to me anyway, my mother’s part of the silver rose. His threats are empty." She said but her voice shook a little giving away her uncertainty.

Kai smirked at her and Sehun rolled his eyes, D.O didn’t even bother listening. "Your mother may be, but so is our grandfather. Push Chanyeol anymore over the edge and you'll be done for." Kai leaned back crossing his arms, he beamed but his message was clear, "and we'll gladly be here to assist."

-----------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol stormed out of the cafeteria and down the hallway into the music room. Whenever he was pissed off he would play his guitar as music tends to come him down with its soothing melody.

He opened the door and stepped in but to his surprise and annoyance, someone was already there. He was about to storm up to them and kick them out but when he saw who it was, he paused.

Ji-eun looked up from her sandwich as she leaned back against the wall, sitting cross legged on the ground with music sheets sprawled out in front of her.

"Chanyeol...?"

Chanyeol's lips formed a straight line and he didn’t respond. Instead he grabbed an acoustic guitar from the stands and walked over to a nearby chair, plonking himself on it.

Ji-eun sensing that he probably didn't want to talk (or even want her there), she stayed silent and just continued to munch on her lunch and reading her music notes trying to think up of new melodies while she waited for Eunji to come back from art club.

Suddenly, Chanyeol abruptly stopped playing and released a loud frustrated sigh. Ji-eun flinched and looked up, he was staring straight at her with an unreadable expression but intense gaze. Feeling the atmosphere in the room get heavier, Ji-eun quickly picked up her stuff and hurried for the door, clearly he did not want here there and she wasn’t waiting for him to explode and throw fireballs at her or something.

"Where do you think you're going?" A voice muttered, before she was able to reach the door.

"eh?"

"Did I tell you to leave?"

Ji-eun inched back closer to the door, "uh well no but I thought you’d like to be alone."

Chanyeol raise an eyebrow, "why would you think that."

Ji-eun stared at him incredulously, "oh gee I wonder why." She starts sarcastically, somewhere at the back of her mind she knew she was going to get killed for this but seriously this guy needs sense knocked into his mind. "You come storming in here with murderous intent, whichIsincerelyhopeisnotdirectedtowardsmewhatsoever, glaring at me every now and then and you're asking me why I would think that?"

After the words left , she froze up as Chanyeol’s stare intensified, oh crap. Well. Good bye everyone it’s mostly been a good life. Now I'm going to die earlier than tomorrow-

"You're right."

Ji-eun blinked, um what?

Chanyeol slowly stood from his chair and placed his guitar down.

"I did come in here because I was feeling 'murderous' as you say." Chanyeol came closer and she took a step back, her back hitting the door. She grabbed the handle to open it but Chanyeol slammed his hand on the door behind her, keeping her trapped and not letting her out, "and do you know why?" He asked her lowly.

Cold sweat began to form on Ji-eun’s forehead, "w-why?"

Chanyeol leaned closer, "it’s because of you." He whispered

"Me??" Ji-eun squeaked.

Chanyeol stared at her for a moment and then leaned back laughing, "you should've seen you’re face!"

Ji-eun immediately put on a poker face, what a jerk for scaring me like that and why does every laugh at my face? First D.O and now him. "Nice to know that my face is so entertaining to you." She deadpanned.

Chanyeol stopped laughing and breathed out, strangely he wasn't mad anymore.

The bell rang and this time Ji-eun was definitely leaving. She reached out to grab the handle but a hand beat her to it. Chanyeol opened the door and gestured for her to get out first. Hm? Is he being nice now.

She stepped out and watched as Chanyeol closed the door. He turned to her and to her shock he gave her a small smile. Whoa that’s the first time I’ve ever seen him smile. It looked kind of goofy on him but cute. Ji-eun felt her cheeks warm.

"Thank you." He said suddenly and patted her head, his large hand warm.

"Um what for?" Ji-eun asked, Chanyeol just shrugged and walked off leaving Ji-eun mystified.

=====================================================

HEY SUPERNATURALS!!

Sorry this chapter was long and maybe a bit boring but hopefully next chappie would be a bit more exciting BECAUSE THE MUSIC PERFORMANCE WILL BE REVEALED! 

Thank you so much for subs and comments!!! :D 

I am trying to update in at least a week or two so do look forward to it! I feel like I have been dragging this story on for waayyyy tooo long now and I think it's about time I start speeding things up. 

Btw, if anyone has any questions they wanna ask about the story or confused about something feel free to ask in the comments, I'll get back to you in the next update :D 

Reply to previous chapter (21) comments: 

cathye : I'm glad you're liking it! Hope you liked this chappie tooo. 

UaenaExoticInspirit : You are most most welcome!! Thanks so much for your support! Hope everything is going well with you too btw :D 

PS: chapter was not edited so sorry for the mistakes :P

WELL THAT IS IT FOR TODAY GUYS, SEE YOU NEXT UPDATE :)

 

Love, Author-nim~