Chapter 7

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

“Who are you?”

Ji-eun froze, she slowly turned around and glanced up. There, D.O stood, looking down at her with his arms crossed.

Ji-eun was speechless, she had no idea how to get out of this one.

D.O leaned closer, scrutinising her face. “Hmm, haven’t seen you around before. You’re a new student?”

She cleared , “uh yes… I was just looking around…”

D.O’s lips quirked up slightly. “What’s your name?”

He glanced at her shoulder sleeve, “Angel…?”

“It’s Ji-eun.” She said quietly.

D.O furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes trained behind her shoulder and Ji-eun had a feeling she knew what he was trying to look for. My non-existent wings.

“Well then, Ji-eun. Nice to meet you, I’m D.O. Class president of 2-A. I am assuming you are in this class?” He continued after her confirmation nod. “Since you’re new, I’ll let this go. But as you must’ve heard before,” he paused and gave her a knowing look. She felt her face heat up when she realised he knew she was hiding in the cupboard the entire time. “All classrooms are off limits out of class times.”

Ji-eun nodded in understanding, “ohh.”

“Hm, I’ll be off now. Again, nice to meet you Ji-eun. Enjoy your stay here and don’t get into too much trouble.” He gave her slight smirk and strolled out.

Don’t get into too much trouble? Why would he say that?

D.O was walking back to his dorm but a certain student he just met was on his mind, an angel without wings huh? That’s ought to be interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Ji-eun walked back to her dorm absentmindedly. She flopped down on her bed and glanced at the other seeing it empty. Roommate still not back yet.

She sighed and sat down on her bed thinking about what she would be doing at this time of day. Ah! Feeding Sasa.

A frown formed on her face, “I didn’t get to say goodbye to her.” Ji-eun murmured. She dwelled on the thought of Sasa for a few moments, her mood decreasing the more she did.

Ji-eun decided to play some guitar to lighten up her mood.

She strummed her guitar, humming softly before launching into a song.

Dreaming (Dream High OST)

“Nae chingudeureun naege

Chakgagira hajiman

Nan algo isseo ne mam

Shichimittaedo da ara

Gwishineun sogyeodo

Nae mameun motsogyeo

 

Hangeoreum hangeoreum

Tteollineun balgeoreum

Seolleimeul angoseo OH OOH”

 

She was so engrossed in singing that she didn’t hear the bathroom door click open from behind her.

“Oneuldo imankkeum

Kkeojyeobeorin mam

Ijen gobaekhaebwa

Your Dream…

 

Ji-eun yawned and stood up to put her guitar down against the wall. She turned around and almost screamed when she saw a girl standing near the bathroom, towel in hand drying their wet hair.

The girl looked startled herself at the sudden attention but composed herself and walked over to her side of the bed, not saying anything.

Ji-eun studied the girl’s face, I’ve seen her before. When the girl turned around, her full face in view, Ji-eun silently gasped, it’s that angel, Eunji?

Feeling Ji-eun’s stare, Eunji glanced at her. Realising Ji-eun was blatantly staring, she quickly smiled and spoke, “hi. I’m Lee Ji-eun, your new roommate.”

Eunji just nodded and looked down at the ground.

Feeling particularly awkward, Ji-eun spoke again, “umm, what’s your name?”

“Jung Eunji.” So I was right.

 “So, err you’re an angel? So am I. Heh.” Ji-eun awkwardly laughed.

Eunji’s eyebrows furrowed a bit and she slightly tilted her head. “You are…?”

“Ahah yeah. Strange huh? I was born without wings. I uhh don’t really know why though haha…” Why am I so awkward!

Eunji nodded again and just stood there silent. Gee, she really doesn’t talk much. And I’m supposed to be the antisocial one since I’ve never talked to anyone besides my aunt for the past 18 years or so of my existence.

 Ji-eun sighed then stepped a little closer to Eunji, “since we’re roommates and I’m new here, could you show me around? Also, when do classes start?”

Eunji looked up at Ji-eun, eyes wide. “Y-you want me to show you around?”

“Yep.”

For a moment, Eunji’s face lit up, the miserable expression on her face was gone but it came back as soon as it left.

She looked away, “I… Don’t think you want me to show you around.”

Ji-eun was confused, “why?”

“Well…There are quite a few beings who don’t exactly like me and without me you may have a better chance at making friends around here.”

Ohh, so this is why she’s so closed off. Ji-eun crossed her arms, “fine.”

As soon as she said that, Eunji’s face didn’t change but her eyes did, they were sadder than before.

Eunji began to turn away when Ji-eun continued, “fine. Sure. Whatever, it doesn’t matter whether my chances of making friends are higher or not, with or without you. But to me, right now, there is one person I’m interested in making friends with. Is you.”

 “…Really?”

“Uh huh.”

“But why?”

Ji-eun uncrossed her arms and unconsciously pouted a bit, “do I need a reason to be friends with someone?”

Eunji rubbed her head, “erm I guess not.”

“Well there you have your answer.” Ji-eun said, not sure when she felt so fired up.

 “Oh.” Eunji looked down again but Ji-eun saw a small smile on her face.

A smile started to spread on Ji-eun’s face too, “so umm. Do you want to be friends?”

Eunji nodded shyly still looking at the floor though, “if you’re sure.” She said quietly.

“Definitely.”

Smiling a bit wider, Eunji looked up her eyes happy and no longer looking so miserable. She said mumbled something that Ji-eun didn’t catch.

“Sorry?”

“Never mind. Um oh, we do have classes today, to answer your earlier question. But, classes are almost finished, I have two more in about half an hour.” Seeing Ji-eun’s worried expression, she continued, “no need to worry though because generally new students are given a day to settle into school before they attend classes.”

Ji-eun visibly relaxed, “that’s good.” And that’s probably the most I’ve seen her talk.

“So what classes do you have?”

“Huh? Oh, I’m not sure.” She took out her schedule and compared hers with Eunji’s.

“Hmm… We have music, specialist class, reversed physics and history together.”

“Wow that’s a lot of classes we have together.” Ji-eun stated happily.

“Yeah.” Eunji beamed. “Well, I have to get going to my art class now, I’ll be back soon. Promise to give you a tour later.”

 “That’ll be great, thanks!” Ji-eun was very pleased. She was glad that Eunji was beginning talk a bit more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, I heard that our class is going to have a new student.”

“Really? At this time of year? That’s a bit late.”

“Yeah I know right?”

Chanyeol groaned as the two girls sitting diagonally across from him talked loudly.

He lay his head face down on his desk, resisting the urge to light something on fire. D.O was next to him reading a book while Baekhyun was busy chatting up some girls from his extra class.

As the girls continued to talk, the more irritated Chanyeol became.

“Is it just me or is it getting hotter in the room?”

“Yeah, I’m sweating. What’s happening?”

Both girls turned around to see light fire dancing around Chanyeol’s slumped form and they gasped, hushing up immediately.

“Chanyeol stop. The pages of my book are starting to curl from the heat.” D.O scolded.

“I feel like burning something.”Chanyeol mumbled.

“Hey, so we have a new student. I wonder if it’s a boy or girl.” Baekhyun said, finally sitting down in his spot behind D.O and leaning forward towards them both.

“It’s a girl. Angel race.” D.O replied indifferently, not glancing up once from his novel as he already knew who the new student was.

Baekhyun perked up in delight. “Really? I wonder if she’s cute. What do you think Yeol?”

Chanyeol internally groaned because he honestly didn’t care, he just wanted to sleep.

Baekhyun frowned at his best friend’s silence and opened his mouth to say something when the teacher came in.

“Alright class. Most of you have probably heard already, we have a new student. Please make her feel welcome.”

Ji-eun stood outside feeling nervous as she anticipated the teacher’s call for her to enter the room.

“Lee Ji-eun. You may come in now.”

Breathing out slowly, Ji-eun entered the classroom and stood next to the teacher, Mrs. Sun. Whoa… So many beings, staring at me… Her knees shook slightly.

“Lee Ji-eun here recently enrolled into our school as a… an angel…” Mrs. Sun trailed off as she glanced questioningly at Ji-eun from her enrolment details.

Instantly, murmurs arose around the class. Ji-eun began to feel uneasiness wash over her. She heard bits and pieces of what students were saying, ‘Angel?’ ‘Wings.’ ‘Doesn’t have.’ ‘Abnormal.’

Chanyeol didn’t lift his head off his desk but he was beginning to get quite annoyed at the noise in the classroom. He heard Baekhyun speak from behind him, “what kind of angel doesn’t have wings? She sure is cute though.”

And she looks kind of familiar too. Have I seen her before? Baekhyun thought. 

Hmph. Typical Baek, always falling for appearances. I wonder what girls see in him anyway. Chanyeol inwardly scoffed but deep down inside, he was slightly curious too.

D.O kept his eyes on the page he was reading but his mind pondered on Baekhyun’s earlier question. Why doesn’t she have wings? What happened to them?    

Mrs. Sun raised a single hand and everyone quietened, “that is enough chatter. Moving on, Ji-eun, is there anything you would like to add to your introduction?”

Ji-eun shook her head. “Alright, you may sit in front of Chanyeol.” She pointed over to a desk near the back next to the windows, in front of a guy who was slumped in his seat, head down on his desk.

Ji-eun heard Mrs. Sun tsk disapprovingly at Chanyeol but didn’t say anything as she made her way over to her desk. As she got closer, she felt the same aura she had felt before and it got stronger the closer she got. Ji-eun could see now, that the aura she was feeling is coming from very powerful being. But judging from the intensity of the aura, it seemed to be coming from more than one.

Taking a deep breath, she tried to ignore the invisble force pricking at her skin and she saw a familiar person reading a novel next to Chanyeol and was a bit surprised to see it was D.O.

At that moment he looked up and locked eyes with her. Ji-eun quickly looked away to her seat but when she looked back he was giving her a small smile.

She willed herself not to blush as she sat down.      

But not before she had a quick glance at Chanyeol who still had his head against the table.

Hmm, I wonder who he is. Why is he being like that? Is he sleeping? Why isn’t the teacher doing anything about it? Ji-eun thought. Well it’s none of my business so I guess it shouldn’t matter.   

Mrs. Sun flicked through some papers and read out the notices. “…And that is it for this morning’s notice, D.O? Are you finished with the class roll call?”

“Deh, Seongsangnim.”

“Good. Can I borrow you after class period for a few minutes as well? I need your help with some things in my office.” Right on cue, the bell rang. “Alright, time to go to your classes. D.O, please follow me.”

D.O nodded and strolled out of the class after her.

Ji-eun stood up and turned around to push her chair in but she tripped over her chair leg. She slammed her hands onto the desk behind her to keep herself from falling. Ji-eun lifted her head up and came eye to eye with dark brown orbs with a light speck of yellow, staring or was it, glaring at her.

Students around them turned to stare, talking to each other in hushed whispers.

She quickly straightened up to stutter an apology but stopped when she saw his face. It’s him. Her eyes widened, from the mirror…A werewolf.

“Whoa, she disturbed Chanyeol’s sleep. She is so dead.” Ji-eun heard one of the 2-A class students say and she gulped.

Chanyeol frowned at her, “yah.” He said in a low voice. “What do you think you’re doing?”

Ji-eun, who was still a bit of a shock didn’t know how to handle the situation so she turned around and ran out of the classroom.

Chanyeol’s eyes lingered on the doorway that she ran out of. Suddenly he felt the urge to burn was even stronger than before. But he couldn’t help but think that she looked familiar.

Baekhyun slightly nudged him with his elbow but pulled back quickly when he felt the fabric on his uniform jumper begin to burn.

“Dude, are you alright? You’re boiling right now. The room’s getting hotter and look, everyone left so quickly because of you.”

Chanyeol stood up and started to walk out, “I’m not going to class.”

Baekhyun sighed, “fine. Just don’t destroy too much out there okay? Control yourself.”

“Hm.”

====================================================

Annyeong Supernaturals!! 

I'm back again! Ahaha, I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. 

Thanks so much for subs and comment!! (And for also being patient)  

Look forward to the next one. 

Saranghae <3

Love, Authornim~

PS: Don't own any of the lyrics btw, its an OST from dream high.