Chapter 6

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

Hmmm upstairs to the left, Ji-eun looked around for a staircase and spotted it at the end of the corridor. As she reached the top of the stairs and turned left, around her were a lot of doors,"...245,246,247!"

She took out her key and inserted in the lock. Entering the room, she looked around, it had two single beds on opposite sides of the room, a cupboard near the door, a nice little window and a bathroom.

This feels cosy. Ji-eun thought. She walked closer to the bed that didn’t already have a pillow and covers and placed her suitcase and guitar on top. Hmm, my roommate must really like the colour purple. Ji-eun thought glancing at the other bed. That’s okay because I really like blue so I’m going to make everything blue.    

She opened her suitcase and looked around for her blue bed sheets, pillow and covers when she saw a piece of doubled paper wedged in between her neatly folded column of clothes.

“Hm? What’s this?” Pulling out the paper she saw that it was a letter from her aunt.

Ji-eun,

You have grown so much. You’ve matured into a beautiful young lady. A lady who will no longer need my care and will take on responsibility for yourself once you enter school. I know that I let you off by yourself quite abruptly but I think it’s time that you get to experience the outside a bit more on your own.

 There is only so much I can do for you and at times like this when I cannot be by your side, I hope you will heed my advice and remember all the things I’ve taught you. If you feel something is not right and your gut tells you something is wrong, be cautious. Do not hesitate to run if you have to. It is best to stay within the school grounds after evenings unless you are going on an educational trip that is supervised by a teacher then may you go out.

Minimise the use of your witch powers as much as you can unless necessary (make sure no one can see you perform the spells!) Stay low profile and don’t draw attention to yourself because that can make it more difficult to hide your identity. Lastly, make new friends, enjoy your studies and try to stay out of trouble!

I love you very much. I know I haven’t been the best aunt because I couldn’t give you the love and attention you should get from your parents but I hope that there will be others out there that will love and cherish you.

Lots of love, Imo.

PS: I made you your favourite strawberry jam sandwich. It’s in the front compartment of your suitcase.

Ji-eun teared up as she finished reading. Imo… You are the very best aunt that anyone could ever have. I wish you knew that everything you have done for me is more that enough and that I love you very much as well.

She sniffed and ped the front compartment of her suitcase.

Inside, just as her aunt said, was the usual strawberry jam sandwich in plastic wrap sitting there waiting for her to eat like she always did. She took it out and stared at it, I’m so sad right now. But Imo wouldn’t want me to be sad.

Ji-eun wiped her tears and placed the sandwich on her bed. I’ll eat it later. She began unpacking her stuff, she didn't have many things, and the only thing taking up the most space was her guitar.

She also brought her spell book along with her. Even though she knew she couldn't perform most spells, it didn't stop her from learning some more witchcraft.

Done! She looked outside, it was still sunny. I’m going to go exploring. With that, Ji-eun picked up her sandwich and went out.

She reached a corridor lined with doors and windows. She glanced inside the windows and realised that behind the doors were classrooms. She looked up at the signs on the doors, class B-3, B-4, over here is A-1, A-2- hey that’s my class.

Curious, she walked into class A-2. Ji-eun looked around the classroom fascinated. So this is where I’m going to study…  

She looked at the white board and saw a white board marker, “oh my- I always wanted to write on one of these!” Ji-eun exclaimed, her aunt had told her about white boards, you can write one them and rub them off. She began doodling patterns in the corner, when sounds of multiple footsteps alerted her.

Panicking, she quickly screwed on the lid of the marker and hide inside a cupboard at the back of the classroom.

“So, tell us Eunji. What was that we saw?” A very annoyed sounding female voice floated into the room.

Ji-eun crept closer to the almost closed cupboard doors and peeped through. She saw four pretty female angels, three of them we standing next to each other arms crossed and glaring at the other angel who as looking down at her feet.

“Well??” One of the three angels raised her voice, Ji-eun decided that the three angels were not very nice and she didn’t really like them.

The timid looking angel continued to stay quiet.

“What were you doing with Kai oppa, Eunji? We saw you bump into him. You deliberately did that didn’t you? Pretending to not see where you’re going so he would run into you and help you up? Look here you pathetic angel, no one bumps into our oppa and gets away with it. Wait till Haewon and Miyeon hear about this”  

“I didn’t do anything wrong.” Eunji, the timid angel said quietly.

“Huh! Did you hear that girls? She said she didn’t do anything wrong. What a joke.”

Ji-eun felt sorry for Eunji but she didn’t know what to do, honestly speaking, she was quite intimidated.

“Think what you want Jiwoo.”

Excuse me? Want to say that again??” Jiwoo raised her voice, her eyes flashing dangerously.

She was again met with Eunji’s silence and this infuriated her very much.

“You think you’re so great don’t you.” Jiwoo said lowly, “you think we’re unworthy of hearing you speak? Do you really think we want to be graced with the sound of your voice?”   

Eunji stood anxiously as she stepped towards her, raising an arm.

Ji-eun frowned, oh no. She’s gonna hurt her. I have to do something. Not even thinking about the consequences, Ji-eun whispered a spell and trained her eyes onto Jiwoo’s shoes. “Connecto.”   

Just as Jiwoo was about to take another step, she stumbled and tripped, landing onto one of the class tables.

“Jiwoo!”

Eunji stood there shocked as Jiwoo’s friends gasped and rushed over to help her up.

Jiwoo’s stunned expression morphed into a look of anger, “who did this?!” She snarled when she looked down at her shoelaces that were tied together in a huge knot.

Ji-eun’s heart beat furiously, shoot. Now she’s gonna know I’m here, eottoke??

Meanwhile, even though she could get into big trouble, Eunji tried her best to suppress the laughter that was trying to surface. Unfortunately Jiwoo saw it and whirled around on her, “what are you laughing at? It was you wasn’t it, you little worthless-“

What is going on here?” A cold voice cut in. From inside the cupboard, Ji-eun shivered. It was that same aura again but doubled. What is with this aura? I’m feeling it a lot today.

“S-sunbae.” Eunji stuttered while Jiwoo and her friends stared openly with admiration and anxiousness.

Two good looking males entered the room, an air of authority surrounding them both.

“You all should know classrooms are off limits out of class times.” One of the males walked towards them and looked at each other name badges.

“Yeeun-ssi, Soobin-ssi, Jiwoo-ssi and Eunji-ssi. This is a warning, next time is punishment. Have I made myself clear?”

“Neh.” Jiwoo, her friends and Eunji chorused, apologized and scurried out of the room.

There was a moment of silence after they left, as far as Ji-eun knows, the two males were still in the room.

“Who doodled on the board?” One of them asked, his tone slightly irritated.

Ji-eun tensed, I forgot to rub it off. Aish, Ji-eun paboya.

“Hmm, it could’ve been one of those angels in here before. It’s okay don’t punish them. I’ll rub it off. You can go head out first Suho hyung. I will see you back at the dorm.”

“Fine. See you D.O”

A sound of a door opening and shutting sounded. Ji-eun watched as this person named D.O wipe off the doodle she made with what Ji-eun called a block of dust. I wonder what type of Supernatural he is, and D.O sounds like a very peculiar name. Is it a nickname?     

Suddenly he turned towards the direction of the cupboard she was in. Ji-eun’s breath hitched and she leaned back into the cupboard as quietly as she could.

She heard his footsteps slowly come closer and saw his shadow right outside the cupboard. Ji-eun stilled and held her breath.

A moment passed and she saw his shadow move away. The sound of a door opening and shutting told her that D.O left.

She breathed a sigh of relief. Ji-eun pushed the cupboard doors open and crawled out. “Man, it was cramped in there.” She said and leaned forwards to close the doors.

“Who are you?”

Ji-eun froze, she slowly turned around and glanced up. There, D.O stood, looking down at her with his arms crossed. 

===================================================================================

Yayyy D.O and Suho's appearance. 

Hey Supernaturals!!!

Sorry for updating a bit late. I had other commitments ahah. (And that includes watching highschool love on :P) 

Thanks so much for subs and comment! 

Hopefully I can update again real soon!

<3 Author-nim~