7. Bow

100 Word Prompts

Title/Prompt: Bow

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairings: Leeteuk-centric

Rating: G

Summary: Leeteuk's final moments on stage and the memories it brings.

***

 

He remembered the first time he stood on stage as a member of Super Junior. At the time, the group was a projected rotation group that would cycle members in and out each year to keep it young and fresh. Even though as the oldest he was most likely the first to go, he felt a quick and sudden bond with the other eleven men around him. Heechul with a sharp tongue, Hankyung with a gentle patients, Jongwoon with an amazing voice, Donghee with a wicked sense of humor. Youngwoon with a protective personality, Sungmin with a sharp mind, Hyukjae with amazing dance skills, Donghae with childlike innocence. Siwon with religious upbringing, Ryeowook with a nervous shyness, Kibum with a future already set. Each of them had something different and special they brought to the stage. And Jungsu was the leader of them all. It was both exciting and scary at the same time. Because of age, he was now in charge of these other eleven men who looked up to him with scared eyes as they stood back stage for their first performance. He knew he needed to say something to them, anything, to calm them down and make this the best performance.

For the first time he had nothing to say. He was just as scared as they were. There was so much on the line for them in that one small moment of performing. He knew he must have said something, because they performed perfectly. But to this day he never could remember what he had said. Their first performance became two and three and soon they were welcoming their newest member.

Kyuhyun was a very quiet and shy kid. Nothing like the snarky brat he dealt with now, it was obvious Kyuhyun knew he was an outsider and just wanted to fit in. Leeteuk regretted the way they treated their maknae at the beginning. It was pride and fear of being pushed out of the group that caused them all to be rude and bullying towards the youngest. But after the accident they realized how important he was to the team. Not because he was a strong singer or popular with the fans. But because he was one of them, another brother to this large dysfunctional family they created.

From that moment in April the band changed. They became the Super Junior that was loved by their fans, and respected in the music community. And they became something big.  When their third album came out Super Junior became international fans. They began to get the recognition that they deserved. The rotational group was now something that was known across seas. They were on top of the world.

And then it came crashing down. First Kibum left to pursue acting. Then Kangin's drinking problem reared its ugly head and caused major scandals. This led to the man's early entrance to the military. And the final bomb shell, Hankyung suing the company and leaving back to China.

Leeteuk's perfect band was on the brink of falling apart and he needed to save it. At that moment, the leadership skills he had became the most apparent. With everything that had happened he was able to keep them together. He gave them words of confidence and was a strong shoulder for them all to lean on. With the media hounding them for more scandals to write about, he was able to get them on their feet and grow. The band was more closer then ever and they all viewed each other as brothers.

Leeteuk was always the speaker of the group. He had a voice that made everyone listen and always had the right thing to say. He knew when to be funny, to be sympathetic, and when to be humble. He never forgot to thank his company and always brought up all the members not with them on stage at that moment. He told everyone that Hankyung was still a member despite what the company said and the fans loved him for it. He lead his band, and the company, into the hallyu wave at full speed ahead.

And now as he stood on stage for a final time, before he stepped into his own military duty he felt a rush of these memories. Around him were the other members and fans and it was their smiling faces that he willed himself to remember. It was a sight to behold, surrounded by his brothers in a sea of blue. And as he stepped forward to say his farewells he willed his tears away as best as possible.

"I will miss you and I love you all. Even those who are not on stage with me at this very moment. This is not my end but my and, and I look forward in seeing all of you in two years. Thank you for your support, and your love, and everything."

He then dropped the microphone next to his side and bowed.