24. Blue

100 Word Prompts

Title/Prompt: Blue

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairing: SJ/ELF

Rating:  G

Summary: It was the color of Super Junior, it was the color of ELF.

***

 

It is the color that binds them together. A sea of blue in light-sticks, signs, and other forms of fan display. It surrounds the stages they stand on as if they were in the middle of the ocean, and the fans were always there to make sure it’s the strongest color around. It is the color of Super Junior, it was the color of ELF.

The first time the band stood on stage there were a couple of blue balloons in the audience. It was spaced out in the studio and the members barely saw them. The nerves with being a new group as well as the mounting pressure of being a project from SM Entertainment. The same company that had the famous groups such as H.O.T, TVXQ, and BoA. But when they did, it made their hearts swell in pride and confidence. That there were already people in the crowd who believed in them, who knew they would be something big. Afterwards Leeteuk would make sure to take a picture on his phone of those spare blue balloons, as a reminder when they became famous to look back at where they came from.

Down the road the blue began to expand. More and more of their performances they began to see the color around the stage, in balloons and light sticks. Each one brought a warmth in the band's heart. They were becoming something big, something special. The blue started appearing at their fan-meetings, in presents and food and decorated cakes. The members even found themselves purchasing clothes and accessories with their sapphire blue on it.

Leeteuk had announced it was his new favorite color, right after white that is, and Donghae said it reminded him of the ocean.  The ELFs worked hard it getting as much blue everywhere for the band. And the band in return worked hard to help spread the color.  The leader even said in an interview he would keep the band going until the whole world was covered in the sapphire blue balloons. A daunting task but one everyone felt the band was capable of doing.

Their shining moment came when they finally got to perform in the most prestige music hall of them all, the Tokyo Dome. The band had gone through a lot of changes during their time. Members began to have to go in for military duties. Some ventured off for other fields of entertainment, and one made the journey back to his home country of China. It looked like the band was falling apart and crumble under the new pressure. But here they were, in the Tokyo Dome, performing in front of their fans, what was soon declared the largest amount of blue they have ever seen. The members stood there, on stage drenched from a long good performance, and stared at the blue. It was like standing in the middle of the ocean and still being able to breath. But some of them felt that was difficult as well. It was that moment they believed they had reached the top. They were the kings of the Korean music wave. And that even when it got tough, they still had their girls on their side.

After all, the sky was as blue as the sea and as long as there were ELFs there would always be the sapphire blue for Super Junior.