17. Lesson

100 Word Prompts

 

Title/Prompt: Lesson

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairing: KangTeuk

Rating: PG

Summary: Youngwoon had a problem and Leeteuk knew it was time he began to learn his lesson.

***

The car ride back to the dorm was silent. Not the usual silence that came about when everyone was too tired from their schedules to even keep their eyes open none the less actually start a conversation. No, this silence was the type that came about when there was high tension in the air and everyone was almost afraid to speak in case it caused a huge scene. Instead the large group of men sat silently as the car made its way from the club they were at. They had been there for some fun but the night quickly took a turn for the worse when one of the members had too much to drink and started an argument with another patron inside. The band was able to get him away before the situation turned ugly but they were asked by the club owners to leave for the night. Something they did, a bit embarrassed that something like this was happening, again.

In the front of the car sat Leeteuk as he drove the car. His hands were clutching the steering wheel so tight that his hands were almost completely white. And not a good white either. He was trying to control his anger, wait until they were in the safety of the dorms before he went off. He had to continue to tell himself, this was not the time, this was not the place. Over and over again so he didn’t cause an unnecessary episode in the car. Again. He stopped at a red light and took the moment to look in his rear view mirror to the rest of the group.

Not everyone went on this little trip to the dance club. Eunhyuk and Donghae had opted to stay at the dorms to watch movies together and Kibum and Siwon were getting some much needed rest for their recordings tomorrow. Kyuhyun had wanted to go but decided at the last second he rather stay back and play on his computer with Ryeowook who was not much of a partier. So all that did go was himself, Heechul, Han Geng, Jongwoon, Donghee, Sungmin and Youngwoon. And it was Youngwoon that caused the scene again.

Now that Super Junior had made it big the pressure and stress of maintaining that level of popularity was starting to get to some of the members. Some of them hid their stress by locking themselves up in their rooms and some handled it by throwing themselves more into their work. Youngwoon had taken the habit of handling stress by drinking it away. At first the band had ignored his drinking habits, since he already was a heavy drinker. But he was starting to become difficult to handle for them. His conduct at the club was just a small example of how he was starting to lose control and was letting his vice become a hindrance. Leeteuk had turned a blind eye, hoping that as an adult Youngwoon would take care of it on his own, but he now knew he had to step in. The man's actions were not only detrimental towards the public, but they were also causing harm for the band's image. And Leeteuk's first job was to maintain the bands image as its leader.

He had finally pulled into the garage of the dorms and in a soft voice told everyone to head inside. Youngwoon was still rather intoxicated that he was not picking up on the tense atmosphere that he had foolishly caused. Instead he walk ahead of the group singing in a loud obnoxious voice and being rather unruly. Leeteuk let out a sigh before walking up to the man and grabbing his hard on the arm. Youngwoon looked at him with a surprised look.

"Get your inside the dorm now." He hissed to the other as he began to drag him.

"Ouch, hyung you're hurting me. Hyung whats wrong?"

Leeteuk didn't even bother giving the drunk man an answer. He just dragged him to the elevator and pushed him inside. The rest followed after in silence and no one made a sound as they rode up. Luckily their dorms were right off the elevator so it wouldn't be so difficult to get him into the dorms. Then Leeteuk would allow himself to explode.

When he opened the door a surprised Eunhyuk and. Donghae look up from their movie. Eunhyuk looked as if he was about to question their early return but closed him mouth when he saw the firm look on his leaders face.

"Sorry Eunhae, but can you continue your movie in your room?" Leeteuk asked them as kindly as possible. He hated ruining their little date but he didn't want them in the room when he yelled. They had nothing to do with it.

The pair nodded and quickly grabbed the movie from the TV. They quietly went to their room and closed the door. Leeteuk let out a sigh before turning to Youngwoon. He pointed to the couch and waited for the other to sit. The man took the seat ant sent the leader a blank look. He was confused with his friends hostile nature. Leeteuk paced a couple of times to gather his thoughts before turning to him.

"Youngwoon we have a problem. Your drinking habits are getting out of control and we need to have it stop."

"What are you talking about? I don't have a problem. I am in perfect controls of my actions."

"Is that so? Youngwoon you nearly started a fight with another patron. We were asked to leave because of you.  People are starting to recognize us as well. Your actions are starting to hurt the Super Junior name! And most importantly you are really worrying me."

Youngwoon looked down at his hands in shame. It was clear that Leeteuk words were having the desired effect on him. He was well aware of what he was down spiraling into. Leeteuk felt his heart clench at his friends obvious pain. He hated what he had to say next.

"The managers and I have been talking. Since your actions are becoming a health problem to you they are thinking of having you enter your military service first." Leeteuk took a deep breath. "I told them it was a good idea. It's time you began to learn your lesson."

"You want to send me away?"

"I want you to get better. The band is stressing you out too much and your outlet is causing you harm. The military will be good for you to gain some sensibility of yourself again."

Youngwoon kept his head down and for a while didn't say anything. It was obvious that he was upset with what Leeteuk was saying. And Leeteuk understood that. Having your friend tell you that you needed help was always a rough thing to handle. But when you love someone then you had to be tough on them as well. After a few agonizing minutes Youngwoon gave a nod, a small almost unrecognized one, but a nod showing his agreeing to what was being said. Leeteuk went to him and knelt in front of him. He put his hands on the others trembling ones.

"I do this because I love you like a brother. It's a hard lesson to learn but I know you will be okay. You are the strongest person I know. And we will be here waiting for you the whole time."

Youngwoon looked at the leader with tears in his eyes. Leeteuk cooed at him and gently wiped the tears away. They were all men in the eyes of the public but at times like these they all were still those sweet teenage boys from their trainee days. Leeteuk was reminded again why he loved them all so much. Raising on his knees he kissed the younger on the forehead. Youngwoon was able to finally smile at him.

"I'm sorry I have been so difficult hyung. And I promise to come out with f there a better man."

"I know you will. Just remember that we all love you so much."

Youngwoon nodded again. Leeteuk knew it was going to be hard on the other but he knew it would also be fine in the end. Because he had all of them there fighting with him. Not just as Super Junior but as his brothers as well. They were a family now and nothing was going to tear them apart.