23. Green

100 Word Prompts

Title/Prompt: Green

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairing: EunHae

Rating: G

Summary: Donghae and Eunhyuk have been together forever. Nothing seemed to pull them apart. That is until the little green bug called jealousy enter their relationship.

***

Donghae and Eunhyuk were easily considered the two most popular kids in their whole school. Donghae was the star striker for their football team and Eunhyuk was captain of the number one dance team in the region. They were both honor students and friendly towards the staff and other students in the school. They were the pride of everyone and anyone who lived in the area. So it was only obvious that the pair would also become the number one couple in the school when they started dating. They seem to complement each other perfectly. Donghae was sweet and affectionate, Eunhyuk was stoic but caring. He kept them grounded when Donghae wanted to do things extravagantly. They were so in love that no one thought anything would pull them apart.

That was until a little thing called jealousy entered their relationship.

It started simply enough. Their choice clubs were beginning to get busy as competitions and games were happening. So they didn’t spend as much time together as they normally do. Practices were taking all of their time and they were spending more time with their team mates than one another. It wouldn’t have been such a problem if it wasn’t that some of their teammates were more affectionate than others. And it was only a matter of time before it became a problem.

It happened on a Wednesday. Just a typical Wednesday where Eunhyuk's practice earlier than usual and with that extra time he decided to go watch the rest of Donghae's practice so the couple could walk home together. So he left the arts department and crossed the school grounds where the football fields were. There were a few people watching them, mostly girlfriends and fans for the team and they only shot him a smile when he walked up the bleachers to take a seat. Dropping his bag at his feet he turned his attention to the field and only took a moment to find his boyfriend running hard towards the ball rolling on the grass. The sight of him, with sweat dripping down his face and that happy smile on his face always took his breath away. Donghae loved the game so much. He once said that it was because his past father loved watching him play and he always felt that he had to do well so his dad was happy. He believed his dad watched him in heaven all the time so he had always worked so hard.

Eunhyuk watched as he easily darted between two of his teammates before making a beautiful shot into the upper corner of the net. The team roared in approval at his move and even the goaltender joined in. Eunhyuk was about to join in when something on the field stopped him. One of the teammates, a taller man with movie star looks, had draped himself on Donghae's shoulder as he congratulated him. Eunhyuk knew this man, it was Choi Siwon, one of Donghae's closest friends. Eunhyuk had met him a few times and got along rather well with him but for some reason he wasn’t liking what he was seeing that that moment. It bothered him seeing someone so comfortable with his boyfriend and how happy Donghae was with him hanging on him. He pushed the uneasy feeling in his stomach down when Donghae looked up and saw him in the stands. His boyfriend cheerfully waved at him and Eunhyuk returned it. The two of them separated, for which Eunhyuk was grateful, and practice continued on. Soon it was over and the team were heading off the field. Donghae went over to the edge of the field to where Eunhyuk.

"Hey wait for me? I wont be long." He said.

"That was the plan." He replied with a smile.

Donghae smiled at him before running off towards the locker room. Eunhyuk headed over to the school as well and sat on the edge of the curb as he waited for his boyfriend. As he played on his phone he noticed a shadow approaching him. Knowing that Donghae wouldn't be able to get ready that fast he looked up curiously. In front of him were two girls that he had seen watching the practice with everyone else. He offered them a smile which made them giggle in return.

Ah they must be fans of his as well.

"Eunhyuk oppa we wanted to wish you good luck on your competition this weekend." One of them said with a shy smile.

"Thank you for that. I hope we do well as well." He replied with a smile of his own.

They giggled again before leaving him. Eunhyuk watched them go before he realized that Donghae was walking towards him. He was with Siwon again and Eunhyuk felt that weird feeling again in his stomach again as he watched them. He was so focused on the feeling he didn’t notice that Donghae wasn’t smiling like normal. Instead his lips were in a pout and he was staring at the ground.

"Donghae, that was a good practice. You guys look good." He greeted them.

"Who were those girls?" Donghae asked instead.

"What?"

"The two girls you were talking to. Who were they?"

"Oh, I don’t know actually. I am assuming fans because they wished me luck for our next dance show." Eunhyuk shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it.

"Oh." Donghae didn’t seem happy about the answer.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing." He muttered before turning to Siwon. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Sure thing!" Siwon suddenly hugged him before taking off towards his car.

"Is he always so, affectionate?" Eunhyuk asked with a small frown.

"Who Siwon? Yeah usually. It annoys the others sometimes but he mostly just hugs me now."

"Oh." He replied in the same tone Donghae had did a moment ago.

The two stood there in an awkward silence before Donghae spoke.

"Want to go to my house? I think Donghwa is going out with his girlfriend today."

"Sure."

The two silently made their way to Donghae's car and got in. The ride towards his house was quiet and there was a tension there that they both felt but neither of them wanted to address. It was the first time either of them felt like this and they couldn't really identify the emotion. So they thought it was better to just not say anything.  Maybe the weird feelings they are having will just leave on their own.

As it were. The feeling between the two of them only grew as the days went on. It would be there any time that Siwon or Kibum would hang off of Donghae or when a group of girls came up to talk to Eunhyuk. The other would stand there and watch as a bitter feeling began in their stomach and rose up until it was felt in their mouth, the feeling of discontent appearing on their faces. Others began to notice to looks and were telling the two they needed to talk to each other. That something was obviously bothering them. But they refused. They were the legendary EunHae couple, nothing could pull them a part. Not even a ill feeling they had inside.

But it was only a matter of time before it blew up in front of them. The couple were at a dance competition that Eunhyuk was dancing in. They were considered to be the winners so it wasn’t like anyone was too nervous about the day. In fact most of the team was wondering around the building as they waited for the time they were supposed to meet up. Donghae and Eunhyuk took the opportunity to also go off on their own for a mini date while they waited. Donghae was in a cheerful mood as he happily swung their clasped hands as he told Eunhyuk about an upcoming game the team was to have soon. Eunhyuk just smiled and laughed at all the appropriate points as he listened happily. They were turning a corner when a small group of girls were standing there waiting for them.

"Eunhyuk-oppa!" They all called cheerfully. "We were waiting for you."

"So I see." He replied with a grin of his own. Next to him Donghae had to bite his cheek so not to show any annoyance towards the girls.

One of the girls stepped forward and held out a small blue bag towards him.

"We wanted to wish you luck on today's competition and give your team a good luck gift." She explained.

"Thanks." He politely said as he took the bag. He offered them a smile and they all started to giggle.

"Oppa I love you." They all cooed at the same time.

Eunhyuk laughed at this but smiled all the same.

"Thanks."

The girls all left with small waves and bright smiles. Eunhyuk would have returned the wave but one hand was holding their gift and the other held an unusually quiet Donghae. He turned to his boyfriend in concern.

"Are you okay? You are pretty quiet right now. That's not like you."

"I don’t like them hanging off you like that." Donghae muttered upset.

"What do you mean? They weren't hanging off me. They just wished me luck for the competition."

"No they don’t. They are always around you. Hanging off you, and giving you little gifts. It bothers me."

"Bothers you?"

"Yeah. I don’t like it. Can you tell them to stop?"

Eunhyuk stared at him in surprise. This was the first time Donghae has ever complained about something and the other had no idea how to fix it. So he just tugged his boyfriend down the hallway towards their dressing room. Once the pair were there he set the bag on a counter and turned towards the man. Donghae had a pout on his face and if it wasn’t for the fact why he was so upset, Eunhyuk would have found it cute. As it were, he could only shake his head.

"Donghae, why are you so upset? Those girls are just fans. I don’t like any of them the way I love you."

"I know that. It just, for some reason, every time I see them I get this feeling in my chest that hurts. It bothers me. And once I told you that I didn’t like it, the feeling lessened." Donghae admitted.

Eunhyuk was quiet for a moment as he thought about what to say. He decided that being honest was the best way to go and spoke up.

"I don’t like the way Kibum and Siwon hang off you at practices and games." He admitted, and realized that saying really did help the feeling.

"Really? " Donghae seemed rather surprised by this admission by his boyfriend. "But those two are my best friends. I have known them for years. And you know Kibum is dating that drama student and Siwon is dating the student council secretary."

"I know that. I just get really annoyed when I see them always around you. Why must they be so clingy."

The two of them stared at each other in silence.  They seemed to be considering each other's honestly and both felt the feelings they have been having the last few weeks were similar and involved with this. It was Donghae who broke the silence, a silly little grin on his face.

"You're jealous."

"So are you." Eunhyuk countered right away.

Donghae was still smiling as he nodded his head.

"I guess I was. We must have been affected by the little green bug of jealousy."

"You seem rather calm about this. I thought you would be mad about this more."

Donghae shook his head. Stepping closer he kissed the other gently. Eunhyuk relaxed right away from the affection and wrapped his arms around the other.

"Jealousy is somethings normal relationships go through. And I am glad we are able to talk about it. I will tell my friends to not hang off me so much."

"And I'll remind my fans that you are first are foremost my favorite. I will try not to accept their gifts as much."

Donghae smiled brightly at this. He curled his body more into Eunhyuk and hummed. Eunhyuk held him close as he glanced at the time. He had a little time left before he had to get ready to dance and he decided he would rather stay here with Donghae then wander around. He kisses the other on top of the head.

"I love you Donghae."

"I love you too. Even we you get jealous."

"You were jealous too."