20. Fresh

100 Word Prompts

Title/Prompt: Fresh

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairing: EunHae

Rating: G

Summary: Hyukjae gets caught in the bathroom after a shower without a towel. And of course the one to find him each and every time is Donghae. Of course the final time may not be as accidental as the others.

***

It was probably the oddest habit that Hyukjae picked up during his time with Super Junior. He knew that if he tried it at home his mother would be very quick, and very vocal, about putting an end to it. And he knew some of the members here were also pretty vocal against it as well. But he still enjoyed doing it. There was something exciting, liberating, and fresh about doing it. After all, walking around the dorms had a certain appeal to it.

The first time he did it was right before their first debut.  He had woken up late and was the last person to wake up and as such was the last to use the shower. He had rushed into the bathroom so fast that he never grabbed his towel or a change of clothes. And so he had to make it back to his room with nothing on. He had hoped that all the members were already gone for their schedules for the day so they did not see the skinny man streaking across the dorm hallway but of course that was not the case. And Hyukjae was only able to get a few strides out of the bathroom before he was caught by Donghae.

Although Donghae was becoming a close friend to him, it was still very awkward to be caught in the middle of the dorms by him. Hyukjae was so embarrassed that he felt his entire body flush in shame. Donghae seemed to handle the situation rather well, he only blushed a little before throwing a blanket from the couch over his dripping body.  Hyukjae could only send him a closed lip grateful smile before running the rest is of the way to his room. The incident was never brought up between the two.

The second time was after Kyuhyun had joined the band. The maknae had used the shower before him and took the last towel. Of course Hyukjae had not realized this until he was done with his own shower and stood dripping wet in the bathroom in disbelief. He knew the others were in the dorms so sneaking back to his room was not an opinion.  But he had to get ready. He and Donghee were going to go to the company's dance studio to work on some choreography. And he had to get dressed before he could leave. But the longer he stood there dripping wet in front of the mirror the less ideas seemed to form. Biting on his lip he stared imploringly at his reflection as if that held the answers.

There was a knock at the door and the soft voice of his best friend calling to him.

"Hyukjae? Are you okay in there?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I'm all right Donghae." He called back. "But listen, there are no towels in here. Can you grab me one?"

"Yeah, no problem." Donghae replied. Hyukjae could hear the other walk away to grab what the older needed.

Knowing that all he could do was wait Hyukjae sat on the toilet dripping all over the floor. He glanced at the clock inside the bathroom and noticed he was going to be late for his appointment with Shindong. And seeing as he didn’t have his phone with him, he really didn’t have a way of letting his hyung know of the delay. Contemplating his choices he went to the door and quietly opened it. Slowly poking his head out he looked down the hallway to see if Donghae was coming back. Not seeing his friend Hyukjae decided to make a dash towards his room and hope no one was in the living room.

He took a step back into the bathroom to take a deep breath before bursting out of the room into the hallway. Of course his luck was not with him because coming across the hallway at that time was Donghae with the towel he had originally sent the younger to get. The two collided and fell to the ground with Hyukjae landing on top of Donghae the older straddling his friend and pinning down. There was an awkward pause as the two stared wide eyed at each other. Donghae's eyes drifted down and seemed to followed a drop of water that was sliding down Hyukjae's body. He gave a squeak when his eyes drifted too far south and looked back up at Hyukjae, his cheeks dusted with a bright pink. Hyukjae knew he should probably move but he seemed frozen in place as well. There was something about seeing Donghae from this angle that he was liking, but he couldn’t figure out why he was liking it.

They probably were laying there for a few minutes but for the pair it felt forever. It wasn’t until Sungmin came into the hallway to go to his room and found the pair in their position that anything changed. With an amused look and a raised eyebrow he covered his eyes as he passed them.

"If you two want to have have some decency and do it in the bed room. The hallway is not the place, no matter how you may think it is." He said as he entered his room.

This seemed to break the spell that was on the two because Hyukjae jumped off of Donghae as if he was burned. The younger was still blushing as he handing the dancer the towel. Hyukjae quickly wrapped it around his narrow hips before offering a hand to the younger.

"Sorry about all of that, and thanks for getting me a towel." He said sheepishly as he pulled his friend to his feet.

"No problem Hyukkie." Donghae replied with a blush on his face and unable to look him in the eye. He seemed rather shy about something. "Don’t you need to meet with Shindong right now?"

"!" Hyukjae swore as he realized how late he was now and bolted to his room to quickly get dressed.

He was so worried about getting to Shindong in a timely manner that he didn’t say anything else to his friend about the situation. And like that it was more or less brushed under the carpet and no one spoke of it for a while. But Hyukjae was not a naïve man. He noticed the shy looks Donghae would shoot him from time to time, especially when he took his shirt off at practice. And how the other would hang off him more at times, his hands casually touching his arms more than necessary.

To be honest the extra attention from his best friend was rather flattering. A few days after the whole exchange and Hyukjae was able to calmly think about his feelings and he decided he liked the idea of Donghae being attracted to him. Hyukjae always had issues with the whole good looking argument and for someone like Donghae who is rather attractive already to find Hyukjae good looking was a good boost for his self-esteem. Of course after a few weeks of not doing anything Donghae was beginning to lose his interest. His eyes would slide to Hyukjae at times but they would start to wander towards other members as well. And Hyukjae wasn’t liking it. He wanted all of Donghae's attention on him, all the time.

So he decided to act.

Finding a day where he knew Donghae would be over and the rest of the band out Hyukjae decided that would be his moment. He made a point of taking a nice hot shower and not have a towel with him when he was finished. Making sure he wasn’t dripping too much he opened the door and confidently made his way out of the bathroom and towards the living room. He grinned when he found his best friend sitting on the couch flipping through the channels. Raising a hand casually towards his hair he spoke in a casual manner.

"Anything decent on TV?" He asked.

Donghae lifted his head towards him and Hyukjae smirked when the younger squeaked in surprise and looked away quickly with a bright blush on his face. He was trying to focus on the TV but his eyes kept shifting to the Hyukjae. Hyukjae realized this but made no move to cover himself up or react to it. Finally Donghae spoke.

"Hyuk? Why are you not wearing a towel?"

"Hmm? Oh because I forgot to grab one." He replied with a shrug.

"Why didn’t you call for me grab one for you then?"

"Didn’t want to bother you. Besides," Hyukjae smirked at this. "There is something rather fresh about walking around like this after a shower. You know?"

"No, because I tend to wear a towel or clothes when walking through the dorms. What if someone saw you like this?"

"You mean like you?" Hyukjae teased with a grin. "Why? Are you liking the look?"

"Just get dressed." Donghae grumbled as he turned his head completely away.

Hyukjae laughed at this and went to his room to get dressed. Throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top he went back into the living room to see Donghae flipping through channels again. When he entered Donghae took a peak at him and a relieved look appeared on his face when he realized that Hyukjae was dressed this time around. Hyukjae chuckled as he dropped onto the couch next to him and draped his arm across the back of the couch with his hand lightly touching Donghae's shoulder. The man peaked at the hand and then at Hyukjae who seemed unaffected by what he was doing.

"Did you find anything interesting to watch?" He asked lightly.

"Not really. It's all reruns." He replied softly before looking at the hand that was slowly started to draw circles on his shoulder. "Hyuk?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Watching TV." He replied as his hand brushed more of Donghae's shoulder.

"Hyuk." Donghae repeated with a stern voice.

"Hmm?" He replied with a grin.

"I mean with the hand." He said before glancing at him. "And the stunt while we are at it."

"Oh that. I'm trying to seduce you."

"Seduce me?" Donghae chocked on his spit.

"Yeah." Hyukjae leaned close so his breath brushed Donghae's cheek. "Is it working?"

"Maybe." Donghae replied after a long pause.

Hyukjae grinned at this and pecking him on the cheek. Donghae blushed again but made no move to push him away. The two settled into watching something on the TV with Donghae leaned against Hyukjae. They were silent for most of the time before Donghae finally spoke again.

"So are you planning on walking around a lot now?"

"I don’t know. Maybe. It is rather refreshing to do."

"Hmm."

"But don’t worry. I won't do it while you are not around." He teased.

He was rather happy to see the blush on Donghae's face on this. The younger looked away and muttered under his breath.

"You better not."

Hyukjae smiled at this.