15. Ice

100 Word Prompts

Title/Prompt: Ice

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairing: KyuMin

Rating: PG-13 language for a couple of words.

Summary: Kyuhyun was not the most graceful person in the world. And this year's class party was at the ice rink. Add that with some of friends and his crush, Lee Sungmin, and this could be a bad trip all around.

***

Cho Kyuhyun was not the most graceful person in the world. As the school's residential genius and computer nerd he relied heavily on his brains and snarky personality to get him through any situation. He was a master at the video game world and had a surprisingly perfect singing voice that seemed to put everyone in a trance. His grade point average was a perfect 4.0 and he was known to correct his teachers on their work and be right. But when it came to anything athletic he was a clumsy oaf. Luckily having his parents being the deans of the school helped him to get out of anything too difficult in his gym classes. But in this particular situation there was no way for Kyuhyun to get out of it. Since it was a school wide event.

"Why did the Student Council committee decide that for this year's school party it would be ice skating." Kyuhyun whined to his best friend Donghae.

"Well, Leeteuk hyung told me that the idea was brought up to him by Sungmin who loves ice skating."

Kyuhyun tripped over air at this. He would have slammed into the ground if it wasn’t for Donghae catching his arm. He would have thanked his friend for saving him from another disastrous fall but his mind was elsewhere.

"S-s-sungmin is going to be there?" He stuttered.

"Well yeah, it is a school wide event. And last time I checked, Sungmin is a part of this school." Donghae said as he paused for a moment to think it through.

The two of them had entered the ice arena that the school had rented for the part. The place was already busy with a lot of students already being there but Kyuhyun still pulled his jacket a little closer from the sudden cold. Shoving his hands in his pocket he subtly looked around the arena for a familiar junior that he was currently crushing. Next to him Donghae was bouncing on the balls of his feet as he also looked for a familiar junior as well. This one was the captain of the dance team.

"Hyukkie!" Donghae shouted as he bolted across the room and into the arms of a young man. The man laughed at this and hugged the energetic man tightly into his arms.

"Hae! I've missed you!" The other called out cheerfully.

"Oh please, I just ate Monkey. Don’t make me throw it all up because you are being mushy with your boyfriend again." A third person said from next to them. He rolled his eyes at the duo before going back to his cell phone.

"Shut it Dolphin ." The one hugging Donghae shot back. "You're just bummed that Yoochun goes to the public school and is not allowed to be here."

Kyuhyun finally joined the trio and gave a nonchalant greeting to them. The one spazzing with Donghae was Lee Hyukjae, his boyfriend. The other was Kim Junsu, Hyukjae's best friend. The three of them were always together with Kyunhyun and some of his closest friends. Although he normally would venture off on his own when the three got too childish for his liking. After all he always believed he was above his hyungs in maturity. He rolled his eyes at his immature hyungs before turning to scan the ice.

Out of all his friends Kyuhyun was the only one not in a relationship. It wasn’t for a lack of being unpopular, the genius was one of the most popular students in the school and girls practically threw themselves at his feet for attention. Unfortunately for all the girls he didn’t find the fairer of the es appealing. Not that anyone outside his circle of friends knew of this. The other reason why none of them stood a chance was because his heart was already stolen. By the one person who seemed to not know he even existed.

A figure on this ice caught his attention and he turned his body to look. Skating along so gracefully it looked like he was floating on the ice was the reason of Kyuhyun's single status. Lee Sungmin was gliding along the ice, his blond hair tucked neatly underneath a green hat that matched well with the rest of his forest green ensemble. His eyes were bright in excitement as he passed by the group of students where Kyuhyun stood and the younger felt his breath escaped him when he saw the other so close.

"You know, you could always try talking to him. Instead of being a creepy stalker." Hyukjae said to the younger man.

"I am not a creepy stalker!" Kyuhyun defended himself angrily. "Shut up you addict Monkey."

"Shush! You want the teacher to hear that you brat." Hyukjae hissed back.

"It's okay Hyukkie, the teachers are all scattered away from us. I don’t think anyone heard your conversation." Donghae was quick to assure his boyfriend.

"I still think we should smack him upside the head." Hyukjae grumbled as he cuddled Donghae close.

"There are other ways to punish a brat." Junsu said with a cryptic smile.

The three looked at him but the other junior gave a shrug of his shoulders. Hyukjae rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"This is why you need to have Yoochun around. You get stupid when you are apart."

"Screw you Hyuk."

"Nah, Donghae already does."

"Ew.." Junsu shivered in disgust. "I'm going to get some hot chocolate. How about you two go cool down on the ice rink already."

Junsu walked away from the trio with a wave of his hand. Donghae seemed to like his idea of ice skating because he gleefully pulled Hyukjae onto the ice. Kyuhyun scowled at his best friend gliding around the frozen fake pond. The two of them actually were real naturals on the ice, something that they probably a credited to their many years of dance experience. Kyuhyun would never admit out loud, and only in the deepest of his subconscious would he begin too, that he was jealous of the fact that Donghae was a natural at some things.

"Hey," A voice next to him cut his thoughts. "You're Cho Kyuhyun right?"

Kyuhyun turned and nearly fainted when he saw Sungmin standing in front of him. The senior had his hands clasped behind his back and was leaning close to the younger. His eyes were bright and he had a cute smile on his face. Kyuhyun could feel his face heat up at his crush's presence.

"L-lee Sungmin!" He stuttered out.

"That's me! But you should call me hyung. I am older than you." The senior replied with a mocking scolding voice.

"Yes hyung." Kyuhyun mumbled softly.

"But you are Cho Kyuhyun right? Your friends say you want to learn to ice skate and I offered to teach you." The senior explained.

"WHAT!"

Sungmin looked surprised at the outburst. But Kyuhyun couldn’t notice. He spun around and saw that Donghae and Hyukjae were standing near the snack area with Junsu on the other side of the wall. They all had smirks on their faces as they waved to the furious boy. Kyuhyun promised that he would get his sweet revenge against all of them. Especially Junsu, since it was obvious that he was the one who orchestrated this stunt. He was snapped out of his internal rant by Sungmin tapping him on the shoulder.

"Kyuhyun? Do you not want to learn?" He asked curiously.

"No! I mean Yes! I mean, ugh, I wasn’t expecting this." Kyuhyun grumbled.

Sungmin giggled and the younger found the action to be rather endearing.

"You're cute Kyuhyun."

"So are you." Kyuhyun agreed before he could stop himself.

Both men blushed at that revelation. Kyuhyun awkwardly stood there as Sungmin gave a polite cough. He offered a shyer smile towards the other.

"Shall I teach you to ice skate?"

"Yes hyung."

Sungmin smiled and went off to get Kyuhyun a pair of skates. Once he was fitted and laced up, the senior led him towards the edge of the rink. With an encouraging smile he held out a hand to the younger.

"Trust me Kyuhyun. I won't let you fall." He told the younger with a sincere smile.

Kyuhyun hesitantly took the elder's hand and allowed himself to be pulled onto the ice. It was hard to keep his focus on not falling, the hand holding his, and keeping the blush on his face down. But he wasn’t Cho Kyuhyun for nothing, and multitasking was a skill he did have a lot of experience with. After all; doing homework and playing Starcraft took a lot of skill as well.

Sungmin turned out to be a patient teacher. Slowly he would skate backwards in even glides as he pulled Kyuhyun along in a similar manner. It allowed the younger to get use to the feeling of his feet gliding along the ice. Kyuhyun was a quick learner when it came to school work, or things related to computers and games. But he was a slow learner to anything athletic. So he struggled a lot with the feeling and stumbled a bit. Each time he did Sungmin was there to catch him. With a reassuring smile he helped center the youth back on his feet.

"Don’t worry Kyuhyun-ah, everyone takes a while to learn how to ice skate." Sungmin assured him with a smile.

"How long did it take you?"

"I am a quick learner to be honest. Probably my first time, but my friend Shindong took a lot longer. He still struggles from time to time."

Kyuhyun had a comment on his lips but before he could get it out a body came whipping past the pair and gave the younger a good shove on the back. Kyuhyun had no control of his balance and went flying forward into the arms of a surprised Sungmin. Both men went tumbling down to the ice with Kyuhyun practically straddling the older. Around them the other school mates burst out laughing at their predicament but the sound was almost muted to the shock Kyuhyun. Having his crush so close that he could see the lines on his pink lips had him rather flustered as well. Both men were blushing something fierce and if it wasn’t for a familiar cackling sound they weren't sure what they would have done. Knowing the laugh well, Kyuhyun looked up and saw Hyukjae standing nearby with a big gummy smirk on his face.

"Lee ing Hyukjae, I'm going to kill you!" He screamed at the other man.

"Kyu, you barely can stand on your skates. I'm safe." Hyukjae mocked back.

"He may be clumsy on the ice, but I'm not." Sungmin reminded the other year mate calmly. Hyukjae paled at this, it was a known fact that Sungmin was a black belt martial artist and had no qualms using his skills against other students.

Before Sungmin could move from underneath the surprised Kyuhyun, Hyukjae flew off the ice and went to hide behind his boyfriend and best friend. Both who were applauding him on his successful mission of getting Sungmin and Kyuhyun closer. Sungmin shook his head in amusement before tapping Kyuhyun on the shoulder.

"Can I get up now? Ice is cold." He reminded the younger.

"Oh yeah! Sorry hyung!" Kyuhyun cried as he scrambled off the senior.

"It's okay Kyuhyun, I know it wasn’t your fault. Although Hyukjae is not normally one to cause scenes. He must have had a good reason for us to collide into each other, neh?" He smirked at the growing blush on Kyuhyun's face.

"I have no idea what you are implying hyung." Kyuhyun lied. "Hyukjae is an , and probably lost some bet with Donghae or Junsu."

Sungmin laughed at this and offered his hand to Kyuhyun. Getting both of them on their feet again he smiled brightly at him. Kyuhyun noted he didn’t release their hands either.

"Unless of course Hyuk knew that I thought you were really cute and tried to make it possible for us to get closer." Sungmin suggested with a cute tilt of his head.

"EH!"

Smiling the senior leaned close and peck Kyuhyun on the cheek.

"I'm saying that I like you Cho Kyuhyun. And you like me too. Hyukjae told me so when he approached me to help you with your skating. He thought you were too much a coward in talking to me and decided I should take the first step. I don’t mind really. Hyuk and I are friends after all. He and Junsu and I go way back. And Donghae has been in our group nearly as long it seems. And it's fun teaching you how to skate. Although Hyukjae's crash into us was something I didn’t plan for."

"This was all planned." Kyuhyun summarized in mortification.

"Pretty much. But that's okay. You like me and I like you. And so when you ask me out you know what my answer will be."

There was a pause where Sungmin looked expectantly at the younger and Kyuhyun was displaying a perfect face of a gapping fish. Sungmin gave an exaggerated sigh before leaning close.

"This is the part where you ask me out. Or do I really have to be the boy in this relationship?"

"No! Sorry." Kyuhyun took in a deep breath to calm his nerves. "Sungmin-ah, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course Kyunnie. I thought you'd never ask." Sungmin replied gleefully as he glomped the younger. "Now as my boyfriend I think you should start by buying me some hot chocolate."

"Sure." Kyuhyun agreed with a grin.

"And please don’t kill Hyukjae. He's an as you say but if he dies then Donghae will be sad. And you don’t want that."

"Oh I won't kill the ugly monkey. But I have plenty of blackmail material to humiliate him until he graduates from college."

Sungmin laughed at this and cheerfully led his new boyfriend off the ice and the pair went to the concessions area where Kyuhyun bought enough snacks to feed an army. The two spent the rest of the class trip feeding each other food and talking like the two oblivious lovebirds that they were The genius decided it was one of his favorite class trips ever.

Until Donghae came running up to steal some of their food and bolt back to his boyfriend and boyfriend's friend.

But that was okay. He had enough blackmail material to embarrass Donghae as well, or just steal his large collection of Nemo stuff animals. That was just as effective.