25. Lost

100 Word Prompts

Title/Prompt: Lost

Author: Rosetta Stone

Pairing: YeWook

Rating: G

Summary: Ryeowook gets lost, but finds Yesung along the way.

***

 

Ryeowook had to admit to the sad and scary truth, he was lost. The young man was heading home from piano lessons one day and decided to take a short cut through an unfamiliar part of town and now he had no idea where he was.  Looking around at all the buildings that looked exactly the same to him he wondered where he was supposed to go next so he could find his way home. It was getting late and he was hungry. He knew he should have taken Sungmin-hyungs offer to ride together but Ryeowook didn’t want the older man to have to wait a whole two hours until his lessons were done. So he told him he would be okay and sent him off with a smile.

Now looking at all the unfamiliar places he wished he never did.

The weather took a sudden turn for the cold and Ryeowook shivered in surprise at the drop of temperature. There was a small crack of thunder and then the sky began to rain. Sighing Ryeowook looked frantically around for a place where he could duck in for a minute or two while the rain went through. He was surprised that not too far from him was a small coffee shop, nestled in between a book store and video game store.

"The Turtle Shell?" Ryeowook said as he read the sign out loud. The shop had a giant green turtle on the outside where the name was printed across the turtles shell. The place was well lit and open and that is all Ryeowook needed as he quickly made his way inside.

Inside the shop there was only a handful of customers. But the interior was casual and welcoming and the warmth that filled the room was already making Ryeowook feel comfortable. Behind the counter was only one guy and when he saw the shivering boy he waved him over. Ryeowook shuffled over to the counter where he looked up at the menu for a few moments to decide what he wanted. When he decided he brought his eyes to the man behind the counter.

And promptly forgot what he wanted. The man was handsome. He looked a few years older than Ryeowook and had dark shaggy hair that partially covered deep dark eyes that seemed to hypnotize the piano student. He opened his mouth a few times but no sounds came out. The man behind the counter had a slightly amused look on his face before he spoke.

"Is there anything I can get you today?" He asked in a deep husky voice.

"Um…" The voice made Ryeowook's brain shut down momentarily. "I'd like something hot please."

"Are you a tea drinker or coffee? Because we have some really good lattes and teas."

"How about a green tea please."

"Coming right up!" The man said with a small smile. He gestured his hand to the table nearby for Ryeowook to sit.

The young man made his way to the table and ungracefully flopped down. He wanted to bury his head and cry in shame with the way he was acting but he didn’t want to embarrass himself any more than he already has. He decided to pass the time waiting by looking around the café. Not too far from him was a tank that had three turtles lounging around inside. The turtles were different sizes and types and they all looked like they were rather bored with their surroundings. Ryeowook found them to be quite cute and continued to watch them with his chin propped on his hands.

"They are my pets." The husky voice spoke close to his ear.

Ryeowook nearly jumped as he squeaked loudly. Looking up he saw the amused face of the man behind the counter. The man placed the hot tea on the table in front of Ryeowook. He then took a seat across from the younger, which was surprising.

"I hope you don’t mind, but since there is not many customers at the moment I thought I would take the time to talk to you."

"Me?" Ryeowook squeaked.

"I find you to be kind of cute."

Ryeowook blushed at the compliment and decided to distract himself by taking a sip of his tea. It was really good but it didn’t help his current flustered.

"I'm Jongwoon. But my friends call me Yesung."

"Yesung?"

"I sing in a band with a couple of friends. They call me Yesung because of my voice. What about you?"

"My name is Ryeowook, and I am a classical music student with a study in piano."

"Do you sing too Ryeowook? Your voice sounds like you would have a nice singing voice."

"I can sing but I don’t often. I prefer the piano. My friend Sungmin can play the guitar really well and sometimes we harmonize with our voices when we play."

The soft smile that Yesung sent to him was encouraging and Ryeowook found himself relaxing around the man to talk more. The two of the talked for a while about themselves as well as other things and Ryeowook's one cup of tea turned into a couple. He totally forgot that the whole point of stopping in was waiting for the rain to stop and instead was there way late into the night. It wasn’t until his phone rang a familiar ring tone for Sungmin that he realized the time.

"Sungmin-hyung…" He said softly.

"Where the hell are you Ryeowook!?" His hyung screamed into the phone. "You should have been home hours ago. I thought you maybe took a pit stop because of the rain but it hasn’t been raining for a couple of hours!"

"I'm sorry. I got lost on my way home and ended up in a coffee shop. I'll head home now." He told the other, ignoring the sudden disappointed look on Yesung's face.

When he hung up the phone he found himself having a hard time meeting the man's face. He was really enjoying himself with the older man and wished he had more time to spend with him. With a heavy heart he asked how much he owed for the teas. He was surprised when Yesung shook his head.

"Don’t worry. I really enjoyed your company tonight. They are on me."

"Oh I couldn’t…."

"Please, let me."

Ryeowook found himself agreeing to this and slowly nodded his head. He stood up and grabbed his band. With a polite bow he began to make his way towards the café door. Right before he was about to step out his hand was caught in Yesung and something was pressed into it.

"If you ever feel like getting lost again, please come see me again." Yesung told him in a soft voice and softer eyes.

Ryeowook smiled at this and nodded. He hesitated for a small second before he leaned up and pecked Yesung on the cheek. Both were blushing when he pulled back. Taking the moment he slipped his hand away and bolted out of the café. As he was walking away he opened up the piece of paper in his hands. It was a note from Yesung with his phone number scribbled on the bottom. Ryeowook smiled as placed the folded number in his pocket for safe keeping.

He knew that once he got home Sungmin would scold him greatly for today but he couldn’t find himself minding. Today was one of the best in a long time for Ryeowook and he wouldn’t mind getting lost more often if it meant being with Yesung.