Happy Holidays, madd4the24

Who's My IGOT7 Santa? 2015

Gift for madd4the24

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Separation

Pairing: Markson

how many words: 1,045

rating: g

warning: anxiety mentioned


note to my giftee: Merry Christmas Jen! I'm sorry this is so short! This is the first time I've ever written h/c so I'm not quite sure if it's up to scuff, but I hope you like it! I hope you have the best day ever and that you get to sleep in aa bunch of warm blankets on a cold day (because let's be real, that's the best feeling in the world)!


Separation

 

Mark had always been the more reasonable one in their relationship.

 

Jackson was loud, always loved to use theatrics to entertain others, and nine out of ten times overreacted when anything happened.

 

Mark was more on the quiet side sure, but he was surprisingly hyper once you got to know him and loved to be around his family and friends.

 

It was their differences that made them a good fit for each other. Whenever Jack was being too much, a touch and a look from Mark was all he needed to dial back. When Mark was quiet and unsure around new people, Jackson would say just the right things to get him out of his shell.

 

It was a well balanced relationship that had sprung out of a very good friendship.

 

But beneath the surface, Mark knew something was horribly wrong.

 

Jackson was on a solo activity, filming something in Japan, which was normal enough. He had always been the most popular member of GOT7 and it wasn’t uncommon for him to be gone a few days to get one shoot or another done.

 

But Jackson had been gone a month and Mark was not alright.

 

After the first week, Mark felt very, very wrong. He couldn’t sit still and he kept pacing around the dorm, wringing his hands in an attempt to sooth himself and get rid of all his extra energy.

 

By the second week, Mark locked himself in their shared room. He curled up in Jackson’s blankets and shivered, regardless of how hot he was under the covers. When he tried to read something to distract himself, he’d subconsciously tear out the pages of the book and shred them anxiously into even smaller pieces.

 

By the third week, Mark had stopped eating. He had taken to watching videos of Jackson online. He had never been so happy about their fans filming them wherever they went. Thanks to them, he was able to see what Jackson was wearing that day and what he had been doing outside of the set.

 

At the end of the fourth week, Jackson came back home to the biggest hug Mark had ever given him.

 

Their manager hadn’t let Mark leave the dorm to meet him at the airport. They were worried that the fans would notice that he had become even skinnier than he already was and get worried. So Mark was forced to wait at the front door for Jackson, like a dog waiting for it’s master to come home from work.

 

So when Jackson burst into the dorm, no a tired from his long trip as normal for him, Mark didn’t hold back.

 

He practically tackled his boyfriend in a bone crushing hug.

 

Mark began sobbing as all the anxiety that had filled him for the past month completely melted away when Jackson hugged him.

 

“Mark?” Jackson rubbed his back soothingly and spoke worriedly to him. “Mark, what’s wrong?”

 

Too choked up to say anything, Mark just buried his face deeper into Jackson’s neck and hiccuped.

 

Jackson quickly picked up his boyfriend and cradled him in his arms. Mark refused to let go of him for even one second and curled into his chest as best he could. Jackson carried him to their room, showering him in as many kisses as he could everywhere he could reach. He laid Mark out on his futon and quickly laid down next to him.

 

Mark didn’t even give him any warning before pulling Jackson in for a kiss. It was desperate and messy and fueled by the days Mark had spent all alone in their futon. Jackson tangled his fingers in Mark’s hair and shifted so that he was leaning over him. Mark wrapped his arms around Jackson’s back and tried to pull him impossibly closer.

 

Mark could feel himself getting lost in the tantalizing feeling of Jackson’s lips. Jackson’s weight on top of him and the scent of him filling the air around them and the taste of him on Mark’s lips was the most beautiful remedy. Mark could feel every part of him that had been rubbed raw and torn apart by the separation seamlessly heal the intoxicating presence of so much Jackson around him.

 

When they finally parted, Jackson rolled to the side and held Mark to his chest. He ran his fingers through the american’s hair and murmured his affection.

 

It was only after Mark had finally finished crying and stopped hiccuping sadly that they spoke.

 

“What happened?” Jackson asked his boyfriend in concern. “Are you okay?”

 

“…M’okay.” Mark mumbled and nuzzled into Jackson’s chest. “Just- I just missed you. A lot.”

 

“What happened to our room?” Jackson observed all the shredded paper and the upturned trash bin and dirty clothes spilling out of the boxes where they kept their clothing overflow. “It looks like- you know those little dogs that never stop yapping and get into everything?”Mark nodded. “Well, it looks like they got very angry and torn up the room.”

 

Mark ducked down and hid his face in Jackson’s chest. “… I really did missed you.”

 

“…” Jackson gave him a confused look. “I missed you too. But someone tore up our room.”

 

“… I think I might get separation anxiety.” Mark mumbled, his cheeks turn a light pink in embarrassment. “I got really stressed out.”

 

“You did this?” Jackson’s eyes got wide and he looked back at the carnage of their room. “Because you missed me?”

 

“I didn’t mean to. I just-” Mark paused to try to find the right words but came up empty. “I just really missed you, I guess.”

 

Jackson dusted away a few strips of paper from Mark’s greasy, unwashed hair. “Is that why you feel so much skinnier?”

 

“Mm, eating was hard.”

 

“God, I thought you couldn’t get any skinnier! Every time I give you a hug, I get a paper cut!” Mark laughed at how ridiculous he was being. “Okay, that’s it!”

 

Jackson picked Mark up easily and gave him a piggy back.

 

“We are getting you to eat some food! I can’t stand you being this skinny!”

 

Mark laughed as he was carried to the kitchen by his overbearing boyfriend. He felt perfectly content once more, thanks to his wonderful and caring boyfriend.