Three Days

Do You See Me?

Jungkook's POV:

"Jungkookie, can you pass me the water?" Jimin held his hand out, gesturing towards the water bottle beside me.

"Don't call me that." I hissed, slapping his hand away. "And go get your own damn water."

"What the is your problem?" Jimin glared at me angrily, smacking me on the head. "I know being mean to me is your 'concept' or whatever, but you are to show me respect when we're alone, get it?"

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, shooting my phone a quick glance. Jihye said she was really busy this week, so she had told me not to expect too many calls from her. She had texted me a few times, but it wasn't the same as seeing her face and hearing her voice.

"Jungkook, you've gotta pick yourself up." Jimin sighed, observing my expression. "You've been moping around this entire time. You had promised us that this wasn't going to affect your work."

"It's not affecting anything." I stared at my phone, locking and unlocking it repeatedly. "It's just that it's barely been a month since I asked her out, and I'm already too busy to hang out with her. It's frustrating."

"You really like her that much?" He asked me, sounding amused.

"Why is that so surprising to people?" I groaned, running a hand through my hair. "Am I that shallow of a person?"

"No, you're not shallow." Jimin smiled. "We just didn't imagine you could maintain your feelings for someone for such a long time."

"Well, I have." I tugged at my bangs. "And she probably thinks I'm too clingy or something. Or that I'm trying too hard. What if she's already sick of me? What if she decides that dating an idol is too much work? What if-"

"Dude, chill." He clapped a hand over my mouth. "She's liked you for a long time. If she was to get sick of you, she would've done it a long time ago."

"I guess." I leaned back against the couch. "I miss her."

"Wow, you're actually admitting it out loud." He chuckled. "You wouldn't even say that you missed your parents when you first came here."

"Stop mocking me." I threw a pillow at him. "What should I do?"

"I dunno, call her up?" He threw it back at me.

"That's not enough." I sighed. "Our conversations are always cut short."

"Ask her to come here then." He suggested. "We have no more concerts or interviews here. She could fly out and y'all could fly back together."

"Like a mini-vacation?" I scratched my head.

"Yeah, pretty much." He shrugged. "You're not going to get much time to see her after we get back to Korea, so this might be your only chance."

"Sounds a little desperate though..." I tapped my fingers idly, contemplating. "But then again, I am pretty desperate..."

"Just ask her." He got up, handing my phone to me. "I'm gonna go practice some more."

I nodded, dialing her number. Was Japan in the same time zone as Korea?

 

Jihye's POV:

I heard "Blanket Kick" play in the distance, which meant my phone was ringing. Even though they hadn't released the album yet, Jungkook had let me hear this song, and I had loved it so much that I had set it as my ringtone. 

I darted across the house, my hands full of dirty laundry. Our washing machine had broken down, so I had to hand wash all of our clothes. The tea kettle hummed on the stove as I hunted for my phone, which for some reason, was under my bed.

"Kookie!" I exclaimed, feeling really happy. I hadn't got a chance to speak to him all week.

"Jihye!" He seemed to match my enthusiasm. "Did I wake you up? You sound sleepy."

"Not really." I sniffed. "I'm a little sick, so I just sound tired."

"Wait, how sick are you?" He asked me, sounding worried. "How did you get sick? What kind of sick is it? Did you go to the doctor? Medicine?"

"Calm down, it's just the sniffles." I chuckled. "I was in the pediatrics ward this whole week, so I must have caught it from one of the kids."

"Wow, really?" He was seemingly amused. "You rarely get sick though."

"I know right? I'm normally in the ICU, and I've never caught anything from my patients there." I laughed. "Those kids were a handful. I'm glad to be back up there."

"You don't like kids?" He asked me.

"I don't like wild and bratty kids who aren't used to hearing 'no'." I said firmly. "Just as I don't like those entitled parents who blame you for something their child did. Like, it's not my fault if you didn't bother to potty-train your six-year old."

"I like kids." He said softly. "I usually get along great with them."

"Well, that's because they think you're one of them." I giggled. "My precious little baby Kookie."

"Stop your motherly cooing." He grumbled. "I'm going to be twenty next year."

"Oh, hush. You'll always be that awkward little teenager to me." I smiled to myself, sitting on my windowsill. "So, you get back from Japan this Monday right?"

"Yep. Kinda sad though. Japan's really pretty." He sighed. 

"Does it help to know that you'll be coming back to something prettier?" I tossed my hair behind my shoulder haughtily.

"Or you could just come here." He mumbled. "Then I'll have double the pretty."

"Ha, yeah." I chuckled, wiggling my toes. 

"No, Jihye, I'm serious." He said quietly. "Come to Japan."

"Uh." I said dumbly, caught completely off guard. "But...you're coming back in like three days. What would I do there for three days?"

"Lots of things!" He said excitedly. "We could roam around the city, see a lot of cool places, eat a lot of food, the list goes on."

"Am I even allowed to visit you like this?" I scratched my head. "I have never heard of this happening before."

"As long as no one sees us, we'll be fine." He reassured me. "So are you saying you're up for this?"

"What, no, Jungkook." I laughed nervously. "This is crazy. And really sudden. And I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed."

"Who cares?" He persisted. "I'm going to be really busy when I get back. This might be our only chance to do something like this. Don't you wanna see me?"

"Of course I do." I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "But you can't seriously expect me to drop everything and fly to Japan so suddenly!"

I heard a whistling sound coming from the kitchen, accompanied by the sound of water boiling. Oh , did I leave the tea on?

", I think the tea boiled over." I cursed. "Jungkook, gimme a second."

 

I placed the phone in between my shoulders and ear, nearly sprinting into the kitchen. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that the tea was fine, but I turned off the gas just in case.

"Did it fall?" Jungkook asked me vacantly.

"Nope, I got to it on time." I poured the tea in a cup, before leaning against the counter. "What were we talking about again?"

"You coming to Japan to see me." He said quietly.

I sighed, massaging my temples. "You're literally coming back in three days, Jungkook. I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars on airfare only to stay there for three days."

"Still, it's three more days we can spend together!" He argued. "You said you needed a break, right?"

"This isn't a break!" I cried. "We're going to have to be alert like 24/7, so that we don't caught by anyone. Not to mention the fact that we probably won't even get a separate hotel room, or like any privacy at all. I'm sorry Jungkook, but this is just unrealistic."

"Why are you dismissing this so easily?" He asked, sounding irritated. "Don't you even want to think about it?"

"I don't get why this is such a big deal." I sipped my tea. "It's not like the world's going to end in three days."

"I wish it did." He huffed. "Then maybe you'd actually seem like you miss me for once."

"Jungkook, you're overreacting." I brushed my bangs aside. "What's going on? Why are you like this?"

"Nothing. It's nothing." He mumbled. "I think that I'm just tired."

"Really?" I bit my nail, sadness washing over me. I knew something was up, and he didn't want to tell me.

"Yeah. I'm going to go take a nap." He said quietly. "I'll talk to you later."

"Alright." I chewed on my lip. "Bye Jungkookie. Please don't be mad at me."

I sighed as he hung up, not even bothering to respond. I just wanted to hug him and kiss his nose and watch him dissolve into laughter, because nose kisses always made him laugh. I wanted to make him laugh.

But here I was, doing the complete opposite.

--

Just to let you guys know, I might be doing some editing on here so the story might randomly update a couple of times. Nothing big, just some grammar and spelling. Hope y'all don't mind!