Plans

Do You See Me?

Exams weren't as bad as I though they would be. Considering the fact that I barely got any sleep that week, I'd say they went pretty well.

"Ahh, I'm looking forward to sleeping all day and catching up on my dramas." Hyerin sighed as we walked to the bus stop. "I also can't wait to write to my precious Junghyunie~"

I rolled my eyes. "You guys haven't seen or talked to each other since the party. How can you honestly have a relationship after one ing day?"

"Someone's grumpy." She looked at me with an amused expression. "And Jihye, we don't have a relationship. I'm not his girlfriend. I'm more of a friend to him right now, and I'm ok with that. Don't just assume things."

"I'm sorry." I ran a hand through my hair. "I didn't get much sleep, so I'm really crabby."

"Jungkook tells me he took you to the park?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Wait, when?" I blinked my eyes in surprise. "Do you guys hang out without me?"

"He's in one of my classes. Stop trying to change the subject." She shook a finger at me.

"Well..." I looked away sheepishly. "Yeah, he did. I was going to tell you-"

"No need. He gave me all the details." She smirked. "You guys basically went on a date, huh?"

"Wh- no. No, no, no. It definitely wasn't a date." I shook my head.

"You remember when you told me what your ideal date was, right? Going to the park by the lake, eating noodles, talking about yourselves and you falling asleep." She coughed. "You did all of those things."

"Yeah, well, my hair wasn't in a messy bun, I wasn't carrying a messenger bag or wearing denim shorts and a pink cardigan. We didn't even take the bus!" I cried, completed flustered by the realization that I had indeed gone on my ideal date. 

"Oh, so you guys kissed goodbye then?"

"Hyerin, I will not hesitate to smack you in the face." I said, in a dangerously calm tone.

She raised her hands submissively and I went back to listening to my music. , I had practically confessed to him by saying "I wish I could inspire you forever". Why the was I being so cheesy? Who even says like that? There's no way he heard that. But then again, he does have impeccable hearing. Why can't I just keep my mouth shut?

"Jihye! Hyerin!" I heard a familiar voice shout behind me, pulling me out of my internal breakdown

"Hello, Kookie~" Hyerin cooed and ruffled his hair affectionately. 

"Don't call me that." He muttered, looking at his shoes shyly. 

"How were your exams?" I asked, trying to rescue him from her onslaught of motherly love.

"The questions were easy, but I fell asleep and nearly ran out of time." He looked at me accusingly.

"Don't look at me like that. The park was your idea." I glared at him.

"Both of you, quiet. Don't start off the vacation by picking on each other." Hyerin flicked us both on the forehead and continued to walk.

Jungkook stuck his tongue out at me and ran to her. I walked behind them, not really paying attention to what they were saying.

I thought back to yesterday night, wondering how he had managed to convince me to sneak out of my home at two in the morning. It was crazy and impulsive, but I didn't mind it. I hadn't worried about the dangers of being out in the street at night. I felt safe. I felt safe with him.

I bit my lip. Don't over think this Jihye. I stared at his back and sighed. It's just a regular crush, you'll get over it soon enough. 

"You're coming too, right?" Jungkook said, startling me.

"Yeah, she'll be there." Hyerin replied before I had a chance to speak. I figured it wasn't anything too important, so I brushed it off.

 

"See you tomorrow!" She called out to him as we boarded the bus. He flashed us an eye-smile, making my heart skip a beat. I dragged my feet to the seat and curled up on it, resting my head on my knees.

"You might want to pull down your skirt." She settled down next to me.

"Whatever, there's like no one on this bus." I huffed. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Making plans to hang out." She munched on an apple. "That reminds me, do you have any decent beachwear? Not bathing suits, but sun dresses and stuff."

"I should have some." I said thoughtfully. "Why? Are you going to the beach?"

"Tomorrow, at 10. Jungkook invited us, so I'll come to your house sometime before that and steal your clothes." She giggled.

My eyes widened in shock. "Hyerin..." I whimpered, looking at her pleadingly.

"No, Jihye. I'm not budging this time. You need to get over your irrational fear of swimming." She said firmly.

"It's not irrational!" I cried, growing angrier. "It's like dragging someone who's afraid of heights to the top of the Eiffel Tower!"

"You don't need to swim, Jihye." She said calmly, unfazed by my outburst. "Just be there and have a good time. It'll be fun, I promise."

I simply looked away. I felt my stomach churn as I thought of the ocean. What if I end up in the water somehow? I'll drown, for sure. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Tomorrow was going to be a nightmare.

--

Look back to chapter one for Jihye's ideal date.