Second Guesses

Do You See Me?

I jumped onto my bed, phone in hand. We had just arrived at our hotel, and all the other members except Yoongi and me had decided go sightseeing around Japan. Yoongi wanted to sleep, and I wanted to talk to Jihye. Not that I missed her or anything. You can't miss someone after just two days.

"...Hello?" Jihye's face popped up on the screen. I could tell she was sitting in her bedroom.

"Hey." I smiled, biting my lip. She looked adorable. "It's me."

"I know, I can see your face." She rolled her eyes. "Why are you FaceTiming me?"

"Uh..." I scratched my head. "To show you how funny Yoongi looks when he sleeps?"

"Sure, sure." She smirked. "Just say you miss me."

"It's been two days!" I shook the phone. "I'm not that whipped!"

"Stop, you're making me dizzy." She frowned at me. "You're such an excited child. Stay still, will you?"

"I'm just really awake right now." I informed her. "I slept on the plane to conserve my energy."

"Do you have a concert tonight?" She asked me, shuffling through some papers on her desk. 

"No, but we have an interview in a few hours." I told her.

"Don't you have to get ready or something?" She undid her hair, letting it stream down her shoulders. "Shouldn't you be wearing make-up?"

"Nope, it isn't televised." I explained. "Do you like me better with make-up?"

"I don't really have a preference." She shrugged. "But you look really pretty without it. It's so unfair. You look prettier bare-faced than I do with make-up."

"I'm not pretty, I'm handsome." I corrected her. "And I'm not prettier than you."

"Nah, you're a pretty boy." She grinned. "Like one of those flower boys in the Shonen-Ai mangas. I can just imagine you walking through a forest wearing a flower crown, making the handsome prince fall in love with you."

"Your obsession with boy's love is disturbing." I shook a finger at her. 

"I can't help myself." She sighed dramatically. "All of those boys are so shy and adorable. I wish you were like that."

"Hey, I'm shy and adorable." I made a face at her. "Or do you want me to date boys, too?"

"I wouldn't mind that, honestly." She cooed. "It would be so cute!"

"ert." I stuck my tongue out at her. She gave me a cheeky smile and busied herself in writing something on her desk. 

"Whatcha' working on?" I rested my head on the pillow.

"Patient charts." She replied, sighing softly. "I need to make sure that their histories and prescriptions are accurate."

"How are you working already?" I questioned, running a hand through my hair. "Aren't you still in college?"

"It's an internship, so it basically substitutes my classes." She tapped the pencil on her cheek. "So I'm a junior credit-wise, even though I'm actually a freshman."

"Wow, so you're graduating next year?"

"Yep." She scribbled something down. "I get paid too, so it's pretty nice."

"You're so grown up." I looked at her wistfully. "I honestly feel like a little kid compared to you."

"You are a little kid compared to me." She informed me. "Do you know how to make a budget, hm? Do you know how to cook?"

"I can make ramen." I played with my fingers. "And I'm good at up dead fruit flies."

"Ah yes, Namjoon told me about that." She laughed huskily, making my heart skip a beat. "How are you with spiders?"

"I'm fearless." I boldly proclaimed. 

"Damn, I wish you were here." She pouted.  

"Aha, so now who's the one missing me?" I teased, trying to play it cool. I was actually screaming on the inside, because holy , she missed me.

"Nah, there's this huge spider in my bathroom and I need you to kill it." She smiled sweetly. "I haven't been in there for a week."

"Kill it yourself." I grumbled, pursing my lips together. Nevermind, I guess. 

"I'd rather eat peanut butter." She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. I laughed. Jihye hated peanut butter more than anything in the world.

"What a strange alternative." I giggled. "Peanut butter isn't all that bad."

"It's the plague of society, Jungkook." She shook her pen. "It's why good men go bad. It destroys families and homes. It's horrible and I hate it."

"That's a little extreme." I pointed out. She simply shrugged. "Why do you hate such normal things?"

"I'm a hateful person." She confessed.

"I agree." I chuckled, and she glared at me. "Seriously though, you hate the weirdest of things. Like, who hates blowing their noses when they have a cold?"

"I do!" She cried. "It's so disgusting! Your hands and nose get all snotty and icky, not to mention how gross the sound is. It's like a really wet fart, ew."

"Oh my god, you're making it worse." I scrunched up my nose.

"I'm telling it like it is." She said indifferently.

"What else do you hate?" I asked her, thoroughly amused.

"You." She giggled.

"Rude." I grumbled. "It would be nice to receive some affection once in a while."

"Aw, am I not affectionate?" She cooed. "You know I'm only kidding. How could I hate someone as cute as you, what with your flower-boy looks and that angelic voice?"

I buried my face in the pillow, feeling overwhelmed by her compliments. Ugh, how was I this pathetic? 

"Damn Jungkook, don't ask for affection if you can't handle it." She laughed. I lifted my head up and glared at her.

"Quit teasing me." I frowned. "I'm all the way in Japan. Be nice."

She stuck her tongue out at me, tossing her hair behind her shoulder. , she looked so pretty with her hair down. Was she wearing my sweater? No wonder it kept falling off her shoulders. She had really nice shoulders. Wait, crap, she was talking to me. I needed to get my together.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?" She asked, sounding slightly irritated. "I'm being nice to you for once."

"Of course." I bit my lip. She raised her eyebrows. "Ok fine, not really."

"What, was my beauty distracting you or something?" Her lips curved into a teasing smile. 

"Yep." I sighed. "But I'm more distracted by the fact that your lips are like right there and I can't do anything except stare at them."

"You sound like a hormonal teenager." She clicked her tongue. "I'm not even trying to look good, and you're this frustrated."

"Obviously, I'm frustrated." I ran a hand through my hair. "You're such a frustrating person. One minute you're all rude and gross, and the next you're acting all cute and and telling me how much you like me. How's a guy supposed to deal with that?"

"Wow, I didn't know I had so much power over you." She giggled. "I'm gonna keep acting that way. I like it when you get all flustered and shy because of me."

"I wish I could kiss that smug- smirk away." I folded my arms across my chest.

"I bet you do." She smirked. "By your reaction last week, I take it that I'm a good kisser?"

I looked down, my heart racing as I thought about how her lips felt against mine. Seriously, this girl. Can't she just give me a break?

"See? You're blushing again. It's amazing." She cried happily. "Such a cutiepie."

 

I opened my mouth to defend my crumbling dignity, but Namjoon knocked on the door, poking his head in.

"Hey, we gotta leave." He said hurriedly. "Car's waiting downstairs."

"Wait already?" I lifted my head up, looking at him. "I thought the interview didn't start for another three hours?"

"The studio is far away." He walked in, pulling a sleepy Yoongi up by his arm. "We're already running late. Hurry up and say goodbye."

"But, hyung-" 

"Now, Jungkook." He said firmly. 

I sighed heavily and looked at the screen. I saw disappointment flicker across Jihye's face.

"Good luck." She said quietly.

"Thanks." I bit my lip. "Sorry, I really thought I had more time."

"It's ok." She stared at her hands. "When do you get back?"

"A week, maybe two." I sighed, getting up. "But I'll be really busy after that."

"Oh." She stared at her hands. "You kinda chose a bad time to ask me out, huh?"

"I don't regret it." I said, feeling a little hurt. Was she already second guessing her feelings for me? "Do you?"

"Of course not." She said softly. "Don't look so worried, Jungkookie. We'll talk tomorrow, right?"

"I wouldn't count on it." 

The signal dropped as Namjoon ushered me outside, ending our call. , I had left on such a ty note. I stuffed my phone into my pocket angrily, and forced a smile for the fans. Jin walked over and slung an arm around me, effectively shielding me from the ever-intrusive cameras. I felt horrible. Not even a month into our relationship, and I was already ing it up.

It would be a miracle if she still liked me when I got back.