Café

Do You See Me?

Jihye's POV:

It was a Saturday. I was out with Hyerin, and we were just walking around looking for stuff to do.

"Oh, look Jihye! That café over there has a cat theme to it!" She exclaimed, pointing to a cute little building. "Let's go!"

"I will never get your obsession over cats, Hyerin." I said, chuckling.

"Oh please, you love cats just as much as I do. Now hurry up!" She said, practically dragging me across the street.

It seemed like a really adorable store. It was surrounded by really tall buildings, which made it look even more petite and cute. It had large cat ears attached to the top of it, which amused me greatly. 

Once inside, the lady at the reception greeted us and led us to the main room, while telling us we were not allowed to feed the cats human food, not allowed to disturb the sleeping cats, no flash photography, etc. It was really pink from the inside, with pink wallpaper, decorations, carpets, chairs. Hell, even the wooden floorboards had a pinkish tinge to it.

"Looks like a strawberry exploded in here." I whispered to Hyerin, who didn't hear me as she was already squealing behind the cats.

"Look at this one! It's so fat and cute~" She said cooing at the cat who had decided to curl up in her lap.

I giggled at her comment and looked around; there were certainly a lot of people here. They population consisted mainly of girls, but there were a few guys here and there and-

Oh.

Oh my god.


Jungkook's POV:

"Isn't this the best way to spend a weekend?" I asked Taehyung while I gently scratched the head of one of the many cats that were nestled up against me.

"This isn't what I had in mind when you said we were gonna have a 'fun day' surrounded with 'pretty girls', you know". He said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, these cats are pretty. Plus, most of these are females, so there you go." I laughed at his expression. "Don't be mad, now. This is probably the only time you're going to get noticed by so many girls." I began to laugh again, but was cut off by Tae smacking my head.

"Look who's talking, 'Mr. I-can't-even-talk-to-girls-without-crying'." He said, before getting hissed at by a certain orange cat sitting on my shoulder.

"That was once, in like 2nd grade, let it go already." I said, rewarding that orange cat with some tuna.

Before he could reply however, a cat jumped up on him and started batting his face, which nearly made me cry.

"Say cheese!" I said, taking out my phone and snapping a picture. "This is so gonna be on my story." I cried, before starting off into a bout of hysterical laughter again.

"If youb do thet I'b gunna bucking kill youb." He said, all the while being muffled by the cat's paw, which made me laugh even harder.

That's when I heard a really loud gasp near me, so I turned around to see Jihye and Hyerin sitting and staring open-mouthed at us. I nearly broke my neck turning to Tae, who was recovering from the cat's assault and gave him a 'Help, I've just seen some people from school who I didn't want to see so we need to get the out, pronto' look, which he surprisingly understood. I threw the packet of tuna away from me, which sent every cat on me running towards it. I was about to get up and make a run for the door, when I heard-


Jihye's POV:

"Jungkook?" I could hardly believe my eyes. He turned around slowly, with the most pained look I had ever seen on a human.

"No, this is Patrick." He croaked, making Hyerin and his friend laugh like they were mute seals. I for one, was more amused by the fact that I had caught manly-man Jungkook squealing and fangirling over the dozens of cats that existed in this café.

"I didn't know you were so...sensitive towards cats." I said, trying to suppress my laughter.

"Oh, this? This, this is just for a, uh, research project...concerning the behaviour of wild cats vs. the behaviour of more domesticated felines. Yes, that's it." He said, turning beet red as his friend silently laughed beside him, turning just as red as Jungkook.

"Oh? Then why were you cuddling and nuzzling the cats, when you could have just observed their behaviour from afar?" I said, biting the inside of my cheek to stop my laughter.

"I-I don't know.." He muttered.

"What's that? Couldn't hear you properly since you sound so manly." I teased.

"It's none of your ing business!" He screamed, purposely deepening his voice to make it sound more threatening. That didn't work however, since he sounded like a cat imitating a lion, which is actually pretty ironic. 

Right at that moment, an orange cat trotted over and started rubbing its head against his leg, which made me lose it. Here stood a raging boy, trying his best to protect his 'bad/manly-boy' image, while a cute, innocent, and extremely fat cat purred against his leg, begging for affection.

'how lucky are these cats to snuggle with him?'

Right now, not even my subconscious could prevent me from fully enjoying the scene in front of me.

 

Needless to say, with me, Hyerin and his friend laughing our asses off, and Jungkook growling at us, the cats got extremely ticked off and started to meow all at once. Due to all of this commotion, the four of us were promptly kicked out and 'banned for life' from that particular chain of cafés.He did not take this news very well and started yelling at me about his 'squeaky clean record' and how I had ruined it, which made Hyerin rush to my rescue with her mad arguing skills. While the two of them duked it out like the mature people they were, I occupied myself in editing the picture of Jungkook and the cat, which brought tears to my eyes.

"This picture really brings out the contrasting personalities of Jungkook, doesn't it? Sometimes he's the cat, sometimes he's, well, Jungkook." His friend said, looking over my shoulder. "I'm Taehyung, by the way." He added, smiling widely.

"Well, I've only known the stuck-up side of Jungkook. Until today, that is. I'd never have guessed he liked cats." I said, drawing smoke on Jungkook's head.

"Yes, yes, our Kookie can be very snobbish sometimes. But he likes cats quite a bit, which might sound a little weird." He explained. It seemed like he was going to say more, but I cut him off with my incessant snickering.

".........Kookie?" I asked, trying to control my laughter.

Tae's face froze. "I should not have said that." He said, panicking. 

"KOOKIE!" I yelled at Jungkook, who immediately stopped arguing, looked at me, and then at Tae.

"Oh, ." Was all he said before taking off, which was a pretty smart move, since Jungkook lunged at him with the velocity of a dart. 

"Crazy cat lady!" Jungkook yelled, as he ran past me.

"Same to you~" I sang, thoroughly enjoying the chase occurring in front of me.

"Who would've known that there was such a side to him?" Hyerin said, coming up to me.

"It's refreshing." I said, sighing. "His idiotic attitude gets a little tiring sometimes." 

"But you like him all the same~" She said, making hearts with her hands.

I gave her a look, but I didn't correct her. Somehow it felt nice, the fact that I could like the worst of his attitudes. It felt reassuring.