Flea Market

Do You See Me?

Jihye's POV:

"Hyerin, relax, it was barely even a date."

"I CANNOT RELAX." Hyerin screamed, shaking me by the shoulder. "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS?"

"Um...no?" I chuckled. "Why are you so hyped?"

"Why are you so un-hyped?" She asked me, folding her arms across her chest. "You've been wanting this ever since you met him."

"It was just one date." I mumbled. "It doesn't mean anything."

"If you say 'it wasn't even a date' one more time, so help me god, I will strangle you." She hissed.

"He probably still likes Alice..." I picked at my nails. Hyerin reached over and pinched my arm, making me wince in pain.

"Ow, what the hell?" I exclaimed, glaring at her.

"Stop making excuses." She glared back at me. "You're so ing frustrating, ugh."

" off." I spat, turning away from her. We were hanging up our laundry on the roof, but I could barely focus. Mostly because the scenes from last night kept playing in my head over and over again. The way he blushed when I played with his fingers, the way he hummed softly while I fell asleep. It was all so damn perfect, it felt like a dream.

"Stop staring at those chairs, Jihye." Hyerin nudged me. I cleared my throat and hung the blue sweater I had worn yesterday to dry. I had been hesitant to wash it because it smelled like him. 

"So, did he kiss you?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"What? No." I coughed, feeling my cheeks grow hot. "I mean, he kissed my hair, but I can't be sure. I was asleep."

"Nice going, Jihye." She clapped sarcastically. "You fell asleep on your first date. Well done."

"He picked a wrong day, I was really tired." I mumbled, looking at my feet. 

"You should call him." She smiled. "Today is a good day for a second date."

"I have classes all week." I complained, wringing out the water from my shorts. "And he has a really packed schedule too."

"Really?" She asked, smirking. "Last time I checked, he was on a break."

"Well...there was an unexpected occurrence and now he's really busy." I said hurriedly.

"You're such a chicken." She rolled her eyes, pulling out her phone. "If you're not going to do it, then I am."

"No, no- Hyerin!" I leaped after her as she began dialing. "Don't you dare!"

"Hello? Kookie?" She said sweetly, dodging me like a pro. "It's Hyerin. Are you busy right now? No? Ah, you're eating, I see."

"Give the phone to me!" I tried to take it out of her hands, but she turned her back to me, cutting me off.

"Jihye tells me you guys had fun last night." She fended off my weak attempts to protect my dignity. "She's sorry she fell asleep, though."

"I am not sorry!" I cried. "Give the damn phone, you !"

"Huh? Oh, that's just the old lady who lives upstairs. She's yelling at her nephew about something." Hyerin giggled, looking at me. "Anyways, why don't you take Jihye someplace nice today? She won't fall asleep, I promise."

"I hate you so much." I hissed, covering my face with my hands.

"Really? You're not too busy?" She grinned at me evilly. "Great! I'll tell her. Pick her up at 7:00."

I pinched her arm to get her to hang up, but she didn't flinch at all. Instead, she stared at me with a blank expression, before giving me the slyest smile I had ever seen.

"Oh, and Jungkook? Make sure to pack some breath mints with you. You need to hurry up and kiss her today, because this girl is really thirsty for you."

I promptly picked up the chair that I had sat on yesterday, and knocked her down with it.

 

Jungkook's POV:

I stared at my phone, completely flustered by what Hyerin had said. Jihye was thirsty for me? Was this real life?

"Yo, you ok?" Namjoon asked me, looking up from his notebook. We were brainstorming ideas for our next song, since we didn't really have much to do otherwise.

"Yeah." I coughed. "Is it ok if I go out for a while in the evening?"

"Sure." He tapped his pencil on the desk. "What's the occasion?"

"Um, I have a date." I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly. 

"Oh, I see." He smirked. "I take it that the first date went pretty well, huh?"

"I guess." I shrugged, trying to play it cool. "Jihye's pretty nice."

"Mmhm." He laughed. Jin walked in right then, carrying a plastic bag full of food for us.

"Fuel for the young ones!" He sang, handing us rice cakes and sodas. 

"Hey, Jin." Namjoon smiled at me. "This kid's got himself a second date tonight."

"Wow, really?" He looked at me in disbelief. "Good for you, Jungkook. Remember, don't rush things. Treat Jihye well, ok?"

"Ok, mom." I rolled my eyes, getting up. He flicked my forehead lightly.

"Ha, my son's gonna get some." Namjoon chuckled, and Jin flicked his forehead too. 

"Don't ruin his innocence." He scolded him. "He's a kid, for god's sake."

"Mom, dad, please. You're embarrassing me." I grinned cheekily, before the two of them collectively flicked my forehead. 

"Make me proud!" Namjoon called after me as I ran out the room. Jin added a "Don't be too late!" after him.

"Got it!" I yelled, feeling butterflies in my stomach. Truthfully, I was hoping that this date would go on forever.

 

 

I checked my hair out in the camera for the millionth time, rocking back and forth on my toes. I had been waiting outside her apartment for nearly an hour now, because I had decided to show up early just in case. I wanted to be right on time.

Breath mints rattled in my pocket, reminding me of the conversation I had with Hyerin earlier. I felt my heart beat a little faster as I thought about what she had said. You need to hurry up and kiss her. I wanted to kiss her, but I don't think I'd be able to handle it. I could barely even handle it when she fell asleep against me.

"Jungkook?" I heard some guy say next to me. Probably a fan.

"Sorry, I'm not him." I covered my face with my scarf, resuming my wonderful daydream. I had gotten used to fans stopping me whenever I went outside, so this response had become second nature to me.

"Uh, what?" 

I looked up, feeling slightly annoyed at whoever it was that was taking me away from my thoughts. I nearly died when I saw Jihye standing next to me.

"Oh ." I gasped. "You sound like a man."

"I have a sore throat, chill." She gave me a weird look.

"Wait, n-no." I stuttered, feeling flustered. She was wearing her trademark denim shorts along with red converse and a red flannel shirt that showed off her collarbone. Which was really nice. Not that I was staring.

"You aren't a man. I didn't mean that. You are a woman and I am a man. I'm the man. Who's the man? I am. Not you." I blabbered, completely losing my composure. 

"Are you broken?" She laughed. 

"I'm fine, and you?" I replied automatically. Wow, I was really blowing this.

"Guess you're really bad at second dates too, huh." She chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's ok, you'll get there someday."

I laughed awkwardly, clearing my throat. , I was never this nervous around her. What the hell was wrong with me? "Um, you look nice. I like your converse"

"Thanks." She smiled shyly. "I love these shoes."

"Are you trying to impress Namjoon or something?" I smirked. "Knowing him, he'd probably propose to you if he saw you wearing those."

"I wouldn't mind." She smiled at me sweetly. "He's quite the catch."

"Am I a catch?" I asked her, full of hope. She studied me for a while, looking at me up and down.

"You're more like seaweed that accidentally gets stuck in the net." She said thoughtfully. "Not as good as fish, but everyone loves you anyway."

"Damn, that's harsh." I held a hand to my heart. "Got me right here."

"Yeah, well, get used to it." She smiled sweetly, before skipping ahead of me. I coughed, my cheeks growing hot. What the was wrong with me today? 

 

 

"So, where do you wanna go?" I asked her as we walked through downtown. I wanted to hold her hand, but I was afraid she would pinch me or something. I hadn't exactly been the most charming person tonight.

"Oh, I thought you already had something in mind." She looked surprised. 

"Well, this was a really unexpected date." I cleared my throat, looking at her. Her cheeks turned deep red as she looked down at her shoes. Ah, she knew I was referring to that phone call.

"U-Um, well, I know this one place." She mumbled quickly. "It's a little ways from here."

"What is it?" I looked at her expectantly. 

"A flea market." She gave me a small smile. "It's a really cute one. They even have live music."

"Oh I get it, you want to buy stuff for cheap prices." I teased. "Is money all you care about?"

"Pretty much." She grinned. "What about you? Are you rich?"

"I'm rich personality-wise." I laughed. "If you're looking to be a gold-digger, I'm not the most favorable target."

"Oh yeah?" She smirked. I loved her smirk. "What about those Timberlands you're wearing? And don't think I don't notice your makeup. That must've cost a fortune."

"I like to treat myself occasionally." I scowled at her. "And the only reason I'm wearing makeup is because Jin made me."

"Right, because you don't collect cosmetics at all." She looked at me smugly. "Oh wait, you do."

"Hey, I'm a man." I grumbled.

"Aw, of course you are." She cooed. "By the way, your eyeliner looks bomb as . Also, I really like that lip tint. What foundation do you use?"

"Are we there yet?" I asked, changing the topic. Damn my stylists and their endless stores of free makeup.

"Nope. You need to walk faster, grandpa!" She said, taking my hand and interlacing our fingers together. "Come on!"

I nearly tripped when she did that. Just because she held my hand. I would probably pass out if I kissed her, like Do Min Joon from My Love from Another Star. Wait, that meant Jihye would be Cheon Song Yi. Would she ever take care of me like if I had such a high fever? Would she be sad if I left her? 

I nearly tripped thinking about that again.

 

Jihye's POV:

Hyerin had dressed me up in a style completely different than mine as a revenge for knocking her down with a plastic chair. Every time I tried to protest, she showed me her broken phone, and I shut up. I couldn't even say anything when she made me wear my glasses instead of contacts. Oh well, at least I fit in with the hipster crowd of this area.

"Wow, there are a lot of people here." Jungkook said, looking around. The flea market was in a small park, and there were tents scattered here and there. Music from the live singers filled the atmosphere, as couples walked from stall to stall, holding hands. Jungkook's grip around my hand tightened a little, and I turned away, grinning from ear to ear.

"Have you ever been to a flea market before?" I asked him as we walked around, looking at different shops.

"A few times, with my grandma." He said thoughtfully. "But that was a long time ago."

"Really?" I smiled, thinking of a tiny Jungkook waddling around with his grandmother. "Do you like flea markets? We could go someplace else, if you'd like."

"No, I want to stay here." He gave me his usual bunny smile. "It's a nice place."

"Yeah, they've got some crazy discounts." I stood up on my toes, surveying the stuff put out on display. 

"What are you going to buy?" He inquired, adjusting his beanie over his head. He was wearing a flannel shirt too, but it was a different color. We were almost matching.

"Nothing too big, just a few posters and trinkets for the house." I tapped my chin, thinking. "Oh yeah! There's this one store that sells music albums, without the actual CD's in them. I want to buy one of those too."

"What's the point of that?" He laughed.

"They hand draw the album covers in a more retro theme." I explained. "It's really cool, you'll see."

"Sounds cool." He grinned. I tugged at his hand, leading him through the crowds as I searched for the stall. I didn't need to be holding his hand, but I was using any excuse to do so. He had really nice hands.

 

"Whoa, these are so cool." He gasped, looking at the covers on display. "They're like real photographs."

His eyes lit up as he passed over their collection of Zion.T albums. "Holy , they even have 'Zero Gravity' by Zion.T!"

"Do you like it?" I asked him quietly.

"Yeah!" He exclaimed. "Oh my god, I love it."

"I'm glad." I smiled. "Hey, look at the name of the artist in the corner."

"J...Choi? J.Choi?" He squinted, examining the cover.

"Yeah." I bit my lip, my heart racing. He looked at it some more, before freezing as the realization dawned upon him.

"Jihye Choi." He said slowly, looking at me. "You...drew this?"

I nodded shyly, looking at my shoes.

"It's amazing." He exhaled. "Now I want to buy it even more."

"Really?" I looked at him in surprise. "You're really going to buy it?"

"I would buy all of your art, if you were willing to sell." He said softly. "Even those little doodles you would draw in your notebooks. I would buy it all."

I could barely hide my smile when he said that. "Even the doodles of -?"

"I would buy those especially." He giggled, squeezing my hand. He hadn't let go of it all this while. "And I would frame them, just like I'm going to frame this cover."

"No, stop." I pulled my hands away from his, covering my face with them. "They aren't that good."

"Are you Ji-casso?" He tried to pry my hands off, laughing like a child. "Or are you Jihye da Vinci? Maybe Ji Gogh?"

"I am Ji-stop ing being so cheesy and embarrassing me." I turned away from him, laughing just as hard.

"I will never stop embarrassing you." He cooed, wrapping his arms around my shoulder and pulling me into a hug. "And I will never stop being cheesy. I'll be the grilled cheese to your sandwich."

"Oh my god." I squirmed in his grip. I could feel how muscular his arms were. Oh my ing god.

"I'll be the peanut butter to your jelly~" He sang.

"Ew, I hate peanut butter." I scrunched up my nose. "You want me to hate you?"

"Wait, , no." He panicked. "Um, you can be the toilet paper to my ?"

"I'd rather be the toilet paper to Jimin's ." I smirked.

"Jimin's isn't even that great!" He cried, releasing me from his death grip. "I should know. I've touched a lot of butts!"

Immediate silence followed his bold announcement as people stared at him in shock. I could already see the headlines in Koreaboo: "You'll never guess which idol said he loved touching BUTTS!"

I slowly backed away from him, leaving him at the mercy of the crowd that surrounded him. You could literally hear crickets chirping in the dead silence, along with Jungkook's quick, flustered breathing.

Today was a good day. 

 

 

We sat on the stairs to my apartment, completely exhausted. He ended buying a lot more than one album cover, all of which he gifted to me. I held them close to my heart.

"You said you wouldn't sleep." Jungkook muttered, half-asleep himself.

"You're sleepy too." I poked his side. "Hypocrite."

"I didn't promise I wasn't gonna sleep." His eyes were closed. "I'm very tired." 

"Why aren't you going home then?" I leaned against him. 

"I don't want this to end." He said softly. "I miss hanging out with you. We have a year's worth of hanging out to do."

"Yeah, we do." I chuckled. "Man, how weird was it that we didn't talk for a whole year?"

"All your fault." He smacked my head. "You could've just told me you liked me."

"You were dating Alice." I reminded him. "I might be mean, but I'm not a . I'm not about to steal another girl's man."

"Right." He nodded sleepily. "I'd let you steal my man. Hell, I wouldn't even be mad about it."

"Ah, I don't like Tae though." I sighed. "Maybe Jimin. Or Yoongi. Or Namjoon, Hoseok, Jin. I'd take 'em all."

"Do you think I'm secretly dating Tae or something?" He asked me, laughing softly.

"Yeah." I took his hands, playing with his fingers again. "I mean, who can resist those pretty eyes and that messy mop of hair? I'm sure that you're in love with him."

"No, I'm not." He leaned in closer to me, his breath tickling my cheeks. I held my breath, wondering if he was going to say "I'm in love with you" to me. No, it was too early for that. But I wondered if he ever would be. Or would I be another Alice to him? 

"I like you." He said, snapping me out of my mini breakdown.

"Still don't believe you." 

"That's fine." He smirked. God, he was still a little brat even when he was barely awake. "I'll make you believe me. We have all the time in the world."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Trust me." He gave me a smug look. "It'll be a piece of cake, considering the fact that you're 'really thirsty' for me."

I hid my face in my hands, completely mortified. That apparently amused him greatly, so he spent the next few minutes teasing me about my "thirst" for him. 

I was seriously going to murder Hyerin.

 

"Don't you have a concert tomorrow?" I asked him after a while. "You should get some sleep."

"You're probably right." He mumbled. "I wish I could stay here forever. You're a really nice pillow."

"Gee, thanks." I mumbled as he got up, my hands still holding his. "Goodnight, Jungkookie."

"Goodnight, Jihye." He smiled sleepily. I peeked up at him, and my heart nearly stopped. Was he going to kiss me?

He bent down and gave my nose a small peck, surprising me.

"What, did you think I was going to kiss you?" He laughed, seeing my shocked, almost disappointed expression. I looked away, blushing. "Keep it in your pants, Miss Choi."

 

I squealed, burying my face in the paper bag filled with the album covers after he left. , this was like high school all over again. Except I never really wanted to kiss him back then. 

I guess I wouldn't mind kissing him now.

--

lowkey throwing shade @ koreaboo helloooo

I might not update for a while guys, my midterms are next week and I haven't studied at all rip

Also what do you guys think of their relationship so far? I'm so tempted to rush this lol but imma follow Jin's advice and take it slow XD