Bold

Do You See Me?

Jihye's POV:

I stood outside their practice room, too shy to go in. There was loud music playing inside, and I could hear Hoseok's voice as he counted off numbers. , should I have come here? Jungkook had asked me to, but I probably should've waited.

"Jihye?" I heard Yoongi call out to me.

"Hey." I smiled, giving him a small wave. "Are you guys practicing right now?"

He nodded taking a sip of his water. "I just stepped out for a minute. Why are you standing outside?"

"Well, um, I don't wanna disturb you guys." I tucked a strand of hair behind my hear. "I'll just wait for Jungkook to get done."

"Oh no, it's ok if you come in." He grinned. "It'll give the others an excuse to take a break. We've been at it for nearly three hours."

"But-" I began to protest, but Yoongi just shook his head and ushered me inside. 

"Guys, look who's here!" He yelled, bringing all of their attention to me. I ducked my head and hid behind him, feeling incredibly shy.

"IT'S JIHYE!" Tae and Jimin yelled, darting straight for me. Luckily, Yoongi stopped them before they could tackle me to the ground.

"Can we take a break now?" Jin whined, slumping on the floor. 

"Yeah, sure." Hoseok laughed as all the other members heaved a sigh of relief. 

"You are our savior, Jihye." Namjoon fell on his knees, bowing down. "Hoseok was gonna kill us."

Yoongi walked over to him, patting his head soothingly. Unfortunately, in the few seconds that he wasn't guarding me, a very sweaty Jungkook crept up behind me, surprising me with a hug.

"Attack!" He yelled, wrapping his arms around me. I shrieked and tried to elbow him in the stomach, but he very effectively dodged my assault. Damn, he was getting good at protecting himself from me.

"Get the away from me, you disgusting !" I squirmed against him, making him laugh even more. "Why are so you so damn sweaty?"

He simply giggled and pressed closer to me. Oh god.

"Oh, Jihye's blushing!" Jimin pointed out. 

"It's just hot in here." I mumbled, giving up my efforts to escape.

"Oh, I guess you have to leave then, Jihye." Namjoon smirked at me. "You're the reason it's so hot."

"What's with you and bad pick up lines?" I gave him an amused smile. "Do you think they actually work?"

He got up and walked towards the two of us, chuckling softly. I could feel Jungkook's arms tightening around me.

"You tell me." He leaned close to my face. "Is it working?"

"Hm, nope." I traced his nose with my finger, smiling sweetly. 

I don't know how I was being this bold. Maybe it was because Jungkook was being a little annoying lately, and I wanted to put him in his place again. Or maybe it was because Namjoon looked really good today, with a red beanie and glasses. Regardless, I was enjoying Jungkook's reaction thoroughly.

"You guys, stop flirting." Yoongi laughed. "Jungkook's going to flip. Just look at his face."

"It's ok, Yoongi." I giggled, brushing his hair aside. "Namjoon's not flirting with me."

"Oh, I definitely am." He reached over and held my hand, giving it a small kiss. "Wanna get out of here?"

"Hyung, stop it." Jungkook said, his voice dangerously low. "That's not funny."

"Ooo Namjoon, you better watch out." Hoseok teased. "Jungkook's gonna kick your ."

"Why?" Tae asked innocently. I stifled a laugh as Jungkook pulled me away from Namjoon.

"Because he's jealous." Jimin cooed. "Our little Jungkookie is jealous!"

"Whatever." He muttered angrily, letting go of me. "I'm gonna go take a shower."

 

He stormed out of the room, slamming the door as he left. Namjoon burst into laughter, and the others cracked up as well.

"God, I love teasing him." He said, wiping tears from the corner of his eyes. "He always gets so mad."

"You guys are so mean." I shook my head. "I'll go after him."

I bid them quick goodbyes, running out of the room as fast as I could. I heard Jin mutter something as I passed by him.

"Poor kid. He likes her way too much."

 

Jungkook was actually pretty far ahead. I had to sprint to catch up to him.

"Kookie, wait up!" I yelled, extremely out of breath.

"What is it?" He said sharply, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Did you finish your little date with Namjoon? Was it fun? Did you guys kiss?"

"Isn't it a little too early to be jealous?" I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. He shot me a dangerous look.

"I'm not jealous." He huffed, and I resisted the urge to laugh. "I just think you shouldn't openly flirt with some guy when your date is present."

"This is a date?" I looked at him, amused. "I hadn't realized. I thought you wanted someone to bring you food."

"Yeah, so the two of us could eat it together." He ran a hand through his hair. "But you probably are going to eat with Namjoon, so whatever."

"You're too adorable." I laughed, trying to pinch his cheek. He dodged and turned the other way, ignoring me.

"Oh, come on." I trailed after him, my hand tugging at the end of his shirt. "Are you really that upset?"

He didn't say a word. He just kept walking straight, and I'm pretty sure he had no idea where he was going.

"Jihye, let go." He pulled away from me. "I need to shower."

"Nope." I refused, grabbing on to his shirt again. "Not until you stop acting like a big baby."

"You're being incredibly annoying." He complained.

"You're being incredibly amusing." I laughed. "It's so much fun to see you all ruffled up like this."

"Ruffled up?" He looked at me, raising an eyebrow. "You think I'm ruffled up?"

"Yep." I smiled sweetly. "I need to hang out with Namjoon more. You're really cute when you're jealous."

"Again, I'm not jealous." He repeated, turning around to face me. "You can hang out with him, if you want. But there's one thing he doesn't have."

"Hm?" I tilted my head to one side, questioning him. "What doesn't-"

Without warning, he grabbed the ends of his shirt and pulled it over his head, taking it off.

"This."

"Oh my god." My jaw dropped. He smirked, leaning in closer to me.

"Oh, careful Jihye." He cooed. "Your thirst is showing." 

"This is illegal." I squeaked, covering my eyes. "I'm going to get reported. You're still a kid, oh my god."

"If you do, I won't visit you in jail." He shrugged indifferently.

"Just put your ing shirt on, Jungkook." I hissed.

"Don't pretend like you're not enjoying this." He casually leaned his forehead against mine. I stiffened up, too uncomfotable to move.

"Aw, what's the matter?" He faked concern. "Don't like it when I'm the one teasing you?"

"This is so unfair." I complained. "I wasn't even the one flirting. Go strip in front of Namjoon or something."

 "Nah, it won't be as enjoyable as seeing you get all red and flustered." He chuckled. "You're so weak for me, it's amazing."

"I'm not weak for you." I muttered, trying to get away from him. "Shut up."

"Are too." He teased, scooting closer. 

"Let me remind of how you were on our second date." I snapped. "You couldn't even form complete sentences when you saw me. I think it's safe to say that you're way weaker for me than I am for you."

"Oh, please." He scoffed. "I'm not that whipped. I can handle anything you throw at me."

I uncovered my eyes, raising my eyebrows. "Anything?"

I saw his smile slowly fade away. Oh, this was going to be fun.

 

Jungkook's POV:

Something changed in Jihye as I said that, like a switch turning on. Her innocent, shy front immediately dropped as she opened her eyes, a slow smile spreading across her face. It was a mischievous sort of smile, one that said 'Oh, you should not have said that'. 

I really should not have said that, since she suddenly pressed her hand to my chest, and even that simple contact was enough to get my heart racing. Before I could react, she pushed me against the wall, standing on her tip-toes so that our noses were touching. If I wasn't biting the inside of my cheeks right now, I probably would've squeaked.

"It's adorable how you think you're so grown up." She whispered, pressing closer to me. "You poor child. What if I kissed you now, hm? Would you be able to handle it?"

I gulped audibly. , why had I taken my shirt off? 

I stared at her as she leaned close to my face, my breath hitching as her lips brushed against mine. We stayed that way for what seemed like an eternity; her lips hovering millimeters away from mine, teasing me. 

"Nah, not today." She giggled, pulling away suddenly. I let out a shaky breath, a bittersweet feeling washing over me. I mean, I was thankful that she hadn't kissed me because I would most likely scream, but I was a little frustrated too.  She looked so kissable right now, with her slightly smeared cherry lip-balm and her trademark half-grin adorning her face.  

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, kid." She looked at me, her eyes shining in triumph. "And don't challenge me on such things. You'll always end up losing."

 Before I could open my mouth to defend my wounded pride, she gave me a quick peck on my cheek and skipped away merrily, as if nothing had happened.

"Meet me in the studio after your shower!" She called out to me, opening the door to our practice room. "Don't think about me." She added, sticking out her tongue playfully.

I held a hand against my cheek, slinking to the ground in a daze. Holy , where had all of this confidence come from? She was so reserved and harmless just a few weeks ago, when I had asked her out. What would she be like in a few months? Her laugh echoed through the empty hallway, brightening up its walls. I sighed deeply, trying to calm my racing heart.  

, I wasn't ready for this.