Chapter 6: Fany Has a Crush

International Student

The rest of my first day was pretty ordinary. The only other interesting event of the day was when we were in Biology class and we had to dissect a frog and a pig heart. Fany almost vomited and fainted, I felt sorry for her, but I had to admit it was pretty funny too.

The bell rang to signal the end of the day so Fany and I got into her flashy, pink convertible and drove home. I had a feeling she was taking glimpses at me while I wasn’t looking. Maybe it was just a feeling, so I decided to ask her if she was thinking about something, to see if I did something wrong. “Fany, did I do something? Or is there something on my face?”

“Oh don’t worry its nothing.” She said with a slight shake in her voice. I could tell something was going on with Fany, but I didn’t want to question it any further. If she needed to tell me what was up she will do it on her own will. We got into her room and I unpacked my bag ready to do some homework and saw that the books weren’t in English either. “Fany, I can’t read the books. Is it alright if you help me out with study tonight?”

She started reading to me chapters upon chapters with no complaints. Whatever I asked her to read she would do it, with a smile no less. The eye smile of hers truly did melt hearts.

“That’s enough reading for today, thanks for the help Fany.” I gave her one of my huge smiles and went off to get some food.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Harry’s smile just gets me every time. I wonder if he wants to do something on the weekend or even after school sometime. Should I ask? Or should I wait and see whether she feels the same way about me? Okay Fany just act natural. She doesn’t know you that well so when she comes back let’s just get to know each other a little better and maybe she’ll start to like me. I won’t get ahead of myself though. Oh here she comes, quickly act cute. “Hey, what food did you get~~?” Give him a smile too. Good work Tif, mental self-high-five.

“Just made some ramyun, you want some? We can share?” she held out her fork towards me with a bit of noodles on the end. I quickly went for it and thought, wow indirect kiss. I started to blush and felt my whole face start to turn into a tomato. That’s when I realised how hot the ramyun still was and it burnt my tongue. *Cough* *Cough*

“Oh sh*t, Fany are you okay? I didn’t blow on it first I’m so sorry.” She looked at me with her worried face which gave me a warm feeling inside. I just stared at Harry for a few seconds because I got lost in her dark eyes and those really long lashes. They made her look pretty beautiful, in my opinion.

A few minutes passed and I still do not answer her, her face of concern was growing even more worried so I snapped out of my gaze and answered her. “Don’t worry Harry, it was my fault. I shouldn’t have gone for it straight away without blowing on it first.” I had a lisp as I talked with my painfully burnt tongue.

Hours went by and we decided to go to sleep, I turned the light off and jumped back into bed right next to Harry. She didn’t seem to mind so I inched closer and closer to her seeing how far I could go before she reacted to me closing the gap between us. I then began to snake my arms around her waist making myself comfortable.

Her warmth made me feel safe and overjoyed until she started talking in her sleep. “Hey…” she mumbled. I looked at her waiting to see what she was going to say next, part of me hoping she would say Fany or Tiffany. I continued to stare anticipating my name to come out of . She then said “Hey… Taengoo, I missed you.”

At that moment my heart stopped. The girl I just met, the one I thought was cute and charming in her own way had already fallen for another girl? When I first heard a girl would be staying over our house I was skeptical, but when I saw her that day it was like love at first sight. I couldn’t stop taking a glimpse when I had a chance and translating anything she asked about and helping her get used to the Korean culture and food. I was hoping that after a while she would start feeling the same thing as me. I guess I let my wax wings of hope fly too high and caused me to come crashing back down to reality.

What are you saying Fany? You can’t just give up like that. I can win her over with my brilliant eye smile and my love of pink and cute things. I know I can, I just know it. Tiredness began to take over and my eyes were getting heavier. I pulled Harry ever closer to me and snuck my head right under her chin which slowly caused me to drift to sleep.