Chapter 20: Graduation

International Student

My POV

 

Fany had insisted that I sleep in the guest bedroom the night before the graduation formal event. She would not tell me exactly what she was trying to hide from me, but I had no choice but to leave her pink room. Even if I had wanted to stay, which for a matter of fact I would have prefer, as every moment with Fany would never get tire me because those are the moments I would cherish forever, she literally packed my luggage and threw all my belongings into the ocean blue guest room. I had never been here and the vibes were quite different from Fany’s bedroom. The room had some sort of gloom about it, as if someone was here, but had just completely disappered left everything behind.

Sadly, I was right about that observation, as I continued to search the room I discovered a shrine at the corner. A picture of a beautiful girl with a similar eye smile to Fany stood between incense and flowers. The woman in the picture seemed to be at a much higher maturity level than Fany, though they both looked quite similar. “That was Fany’s Unnie,” I turned to find Fany’s mother still at the doorway. “Was?” I asked, wondering if what I was thinking was truly what had happened.

“She passed away, three years ago. Tiffany has had such a hard time coping with her passing, for the first year she would hardly ever eat, talk and even exit the house. The next year she had gotten better, but everyone knew she wasn’t how she used to be. Then the next year you came, Harry.”

“Me? What did I do? Please don’t tell me a made it worse mam…”

“Oh no don’t get the wrong idea Harry, you did the exact opposite, as soon as you came here it’s like you brought her back from wherever her true self was hiding for three years. Did you know the first night you came here was the first night she ever entered this room? She finally spoke to her Unnie and guess what she said?”

“Umm… Sorry for not talking for so long?”

“Well she did mention that, but she then talked about you. How when she first saw you she felt at ease, like tension built up from years of loneliness had immediately disappeared just by your appearance in her life.”

“She really said that mam?” at this point both of us could no longer hold back our tears, though both of us had different kinds of tears. Hers were of appreciation, joy that I had come here and helped her daughter return to her former being, but mine were of another category. I only thought about how much I had hurt her, she felt so happy around me, but I only caused her harm. “I’m sorry mam, I caused her more pain than happiness, and I don’t deserve your appreciation nor Fany.”

“Aww Harry, those heart breaks, those scars are what will tie you and Fany together forever. Indeed you had clawed at her heart, but both of you persevered through those hardships, you even took a bullet for Fany. If you don’t deserve Fany, I honestly don’t know who else in this world should, Harry.” She wiped my tears away, along with my feeling of regret. She was right, I may have hurt her in the past, but I would never think to do so again and I would take a bullet, well in my case bullets for her wellbeing.

 Fany’s mother held my hand and I felt something rather odd, the thought of what it scared me until she looked at me with only a smile. “Take this Harry, whether you use it or not is your choice, but if you are willing I would definitely approve of it, son.”

I walked up to Fany’s room and knocked on the door repeatedly, she had only thirty minutes to get there and we still had to take the limousine over to the venue. “Fany~Yah, hurry, we don’t have much time to get there. Don’t want to miss the corny speeches and slide shows the school has prepared right?” she didn’t respond, and deep silence followed. “Ugh, Fany I’m coming in.” But as my hand touched the cold, brass door knob the door flung open and I was completely blown away. As most could predict she was covered in pink, but it wasn’t her typical bright pink. She had gone with a hot pink, long dress that perfectly accentuated her curvy hips. Her wine red hair formed waves as it moved towards her chest. Fany truly was dazzling.

“You like, Harry?” there was no doubt I liked her outfit, everything about it was a 100/10. She was perfect, so much so that I could only mumble in her presence. “Uughguhg,” she began to giggle causing her eye smile and that was when she really had me. “Harry you don’t like it do you? I knew I should’ve gone with the blue dress!”

“Fany, no I love it. I… You just took my breath away with your beauty.” I held out my hand for her to take and as our hands met I strapped the corsage around her right hand and directed her to the limousine.

Fany and I had finally made it to the venue and met up with a gorgeous Taeyeon who had chosen a blue dress and an angry HellSica in a long jet black dress. “YAH! Why did you guys take so long? Tae had to stand out here in the cold cause of you guys. Hurry and apologize!”

“We’re sorry Tae.” Fany and I spoke in unison and we both chuckled at our unanimous apology. “Sica don’t be so harsh, its obvious Fany wanted to take her time with her makeup to get it perfect. I’m kidding Fany, you look great and honestly it’s not that cold.”

“Sica you only feel cold cause of your freezing heart,” that statement had really ticked her off, so much so that she couldn’t resist taking a jab at my stomach. “YAH!” her jabs were no joke, but Fany comforted me and that instantly made me feel better instantly. “Come on Sica lighten up, this is a happy event, let’s go and enjoy ourselves right girls!” Fany said with such excitement, it was like her heart was about to burst out of her chest. “Excuse me, I’m not a girl?”

“Well you’re gonna have to play as one for the last time today Harry. If you’re gonna want to graduate.”

The night was filled with the typical graduation atmosphere, tears of joy to be rid of school, tears of despair of missing the memories made, cheers of partying, drinking, the party seemed to be complete. However it wasn’t how I had imagined it would be with Fany in such beautiful attire. “Hey guys, I’m gonna head out for a bit okay? All of you just stay here.” I was going to that place, where I’d prepare for the moment.

“Where are you going Harry? Why can’t I come?

“Fany just stay here, trust me I won’t be long. Enjoy yourself honey.” With that Fany was taken aback by the nickname and remained quiet as she covered her crimson face.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

He always had his way with words that would leave me completely speechless and blushing uncontrollably. Something only he was capable of doing, it was definitely amazing how he were finally together and maybe it was a blessing from my Unnie? But that I would never know.

After having a couple of drinks with Sica and Tae I began to worry about where Harry’s whereabouts, Sica and Tae seemed to be overly enjoying themselves as they had been making out for the past ten minutes after their fifth drink. “Guys go get a room!”

“Hmm *hiccup* Fany’s right Tae let’s get out of here. Enjoy the rest of the night Fany,”

“Bye bye Fany.” Those two really were something. As they got up my phone beeped and the text was from my beloved. It read:

 

Fany meet me at that place, im sure you know the place im talking about right? Ok see you soon… don’t be late 💗

 

Without any further questions and hesitation I immediately left and got into my pink convertible and drove to that special place. The cherry blossom orchard.

When I arrived over at the orchard it was already pitch black, no sign of life could be seen nor heard. You would think that I’d be scared of another kidnapping, but for some reason, as long as Harry was on my mind I knew I would be safe. Knowing he’d want me to come over in the midst of darkness still puts my heart at ease.

I finally traversed through the blinding darkness and saw what Harry had done, did he only conjure this scheme a few moments ago. When you look at the final result you’d believe he’d been planning this for months or maybe he was?

I followed the path of pink carpet lined with wine red rose petals towards the a bright pink banner attached to our regular tree that read “Surprise Fany!” and there he was, lying down on a pink and white checkered picnic towel with an assortment of chocolates and various savory dishes. “Harry, what’s with all this? There was already food at the formal?” we both laughed at the random need for a picnic at this time, but I certainly wasn’t complaining. “Well if that’s how you feel Fany we could drive back over there?”

“No no.. That’s not what I meant…”

“Don’t worry Fany I was just kidding. I bought the food just in case, but that’s not the reason why we’re here.”

“You’re making me nervous Harry, come on spit it out. Why are we here?”

“Just wait a bit, I have a few things to say first. Fany you know that I’m deeply sorry about hurting you right?”

“Ugh Harry that’s ancient history, forget about it. I already did, until you just reminded me, so put it in the past where it should stay.”

“I know Fany I just need it for my point, okay back to the point before you rudely interrupted, just kidding, my point is we’ve been through a lot, pain from the heart, and in my case thighs and chests.”

“I never got to properly thank you for that Harry.” As a symbol of gratitude I pulled him towards me and gave him a passionate kiss. “Thanks Harry.”

“Thanks for the kiss honey, but her comes the real reason for your summoning tonight. Fany you already know I’d take a bullet for you, so I don’t find unreasonable to believe we should be together forever…”

“Harry are you…” Before I even got to finish my question he had already answered me, he knelt down on one knee and brought out a familiar diamond ring, one of our families special edition engagement rings that hadn’t even been stocked yet.

“Fany, if you’re willing, would you do me the honor in taking my hand in marriage?”

 

My POV

 

The waiting was slowly raising in intensity, so much that I began to sweat and shake uncontrollably. Will she accept me? I thought it would be a yes, I guess I thought too soon. Her expression seems a little pisse… SMACK! “Fany! Why did you sla… Wait a minute, is this slap like the last one?” my eyes widened at that thought and patiently waited for her response. “Of course it’s the same Harry, you would know if you didn’t doubt yourself. Do I need to slap you a hundred more times before you realize it’s a hundred times yes?”

“If it symbolizes a yes then I wouldn’t mind your silky hands across my face, Fany.” She placed her soft hand in front of me and gestured for me to fit the ring onto her slender finger. I raised up to her eye level and continued to stare deep into her hazel eyes.

We stretched out over the picnic towel and gazed upon the stars, I slowly moved towards her ringed hand and finally spoke after hours lying down with my beautiful fiancé “I love you Fany.”

“I love you too Harry, not just now, but for the rest of our lives.”

It turned out faking being a girl wasn’t the biggest mistake of my life, it was indeed the greatest decision I would ever make and that I would never regret.