Chapter 11: Hard Proof

International Student

My POV

 

Omg! Fany kissed me, but even weirder I’m kissing her back. It’s like I don’t want to pull away from her just as much as she didn’t either. I could tell she was slowly starting to hold herself back which made me pull away. “Umm Fany… What was that?” I looked at her and it seemed we both had the same dazed and confused stare at each other.

She finally began to speak up and said “I-I’m sorry Harry, I don’t know what came over me. How could you not tell me you were a guy for so long? What kind of friend are you!?” from that reaction I could tell she was merely trying to swap the topic so that I was the focus of attention and not her.

I played along with this so she wouldn’t feel awkward about that kiss she just gave me. “I’m really sorry Fany, I didn’t want to get sent back to Australia and miss my chance to live in this amazing place with you and go to a great school. I honestly never planned that I was gonna end up in an all-girls school, I just went along with it. Please try to understand my view Fany.” Fany seemed satisfied with my answer and said “Fine I’ll let you off the hook this time! But any other secrets now and in the future you must tell me straight away. As your best friend I’m obligated to know these things you know Harry?” I gave her a nod and pinky swore on it.

She turned the TV that we didn’t get to watch off and went straight to sleep. On the other hand I couldn’t sleep, I was still pondering why she had kissed me as a response to me telling her I was a guy? Does she… having feelings for me? No, it can’t be that, I mean we’re just friends. We are just friends right? With that thought I felt her wrap around my waist. One things for sure, she was the one person I trusted the most at this moment.

The next morning we got up, got dressed, went to school and continued our routine as if nothing happened. The only difference was that I didn’t have to hide the fact I was a guy so I didn’t rush the bath with my clothes anymore. This average, typical morning started to worry me.

So I asked “Fany are you sure it’s alright that I stay with you and all?” If she said no, I’d have nowhere to go, but I didn’t want to bother her just because I have a weird dream of living in Korea.

“Yeah it’s cool.” Though that response was kind of cold, I took it with great satisfaction. She seemed alright with the situation, a lot better than anyone else would’ve taken it.

I saw Tae at homeroom and something seemed to be on her mind, she seemed quite stressed which made me worry about her. “Taengoo, what’s with the weird looks? It’s like you just saw a ghost or something?” she snapped out of her delusion and looked at me. “Harry come closer, I don’t want anyone else to hear this.” I leaned in close to her, my heart began to beat while her scent intoxicated my nostrils. Mmmm strawberries. “What’s up?” I whispered.

“I have this feeling, like he’s cheating on me… again.”

“What? Why do you think that?”

“I don’t have a good reason. It’s just instinctive. Maybe because I’ve been in this situation before that I can recognize this feeling of stress and worriedness.”

I didn’t know how to help Tae with her situation. A part of me wanted to see this get caught and get dumped by Tae. The other part of me didn’t want to see Tae in that situation because of how upset she would be if she were in that situation. I gave her a comforting pat on the back and held her hand to signal I was there for her. My heart couldn’t stop skipping beats.

Fany and I decided to stop by the café after school to have dinner, Sica was there again, the weird thing was though, she shared that same face that Tae had this morning. When she took our order I couldn’t help but notice how much she seemed to be troubled by something. That’s when she said “I’ll be back with your orders soon guys, but umm Harry can you come with me for a second.” Was she scheming of a way to embarrass me? And then show everyone at school? Or even worse show Tae? No that couldn’t have been it. She seemed much too genuine about the urgency of the matter that it couldn’t possibly had just been a ploy. So I stood up and followed her to an empty table.

“What is it Sica? You’re acting weird today?”

“Shut up and just look at this.” She pulled out a picture of a Baekhyun with another extremely pretty girl; who wasn’t Taeyeon on his lap giving him a smooch. THAT TWO TIMING MOTHERF*CKER. I tried to hold in my anger, but Sica could obviously see it seeping through my composed act. “Have you told Tae about this Sica?”

“No, I’m scared about telling her Harry. I want this guy gone just as much as you, but imagine how hurt Taetae is gonna be when she sees this? I mean I don’t think I could handle being the messenger to this horrible news.”

“Let me guess. You want me to tell her?”

“If I could have it another way, I wouldn’t want her to find out about it at all. But she deserves to know and I’m too scared to tell her, so yeah I need you to do it.” I swiped the picture away from her and gave her a confident look. “Don’t worry your self Sica, I’ll tell her, and I’ll try to break it to her softly to minimize any waterworks. You can count on me.” She gave me a smile and said thank you which was not something anyone would get used to.

As soon as she felt her purpose of dragging me to another table was over she returned to her old, cold and Harry-Hating ways. I looked at the picture as I walked back to Fany at our usual booth, I knew he would betray innocent Tae. Not just me, but everyone who even knew Taeyeon was saying the same thing about the guy. Tae was the only one blinded by his charm that she fell for him a second time. I really felt bad for Tae, she was so innocent and definitely deserved better than that douche bag. Even though that was true, I felt as if I wasn’t angry as I should have been. Was it because I wanted this to happen? Or was something else on my mind?

“What was that all about?” Fany asked me.

“Umm it was nothing Fany, don’t worry about it.” She gave me a pretty yet pissed off look. “Ahem, don’t you remember that you promised you’d tell me any secret?” she was right, I shouldn’t hide anything from her now. She can be trusted with anything, even the deepest darkest secrets. “Okay I’ll tell you, but keep it on the down low. I don’t want anyone blabbing this out.”

I showed her the picture and told her about the conversation me and Sica just had. She was really worried about Tae, just like I and Sica.

We went back home after dinner and Fany began to ask me about how I planned on telling Tae. “I’ll try to break it to her slowly so she has time to digest the situation. And I’ll make sure she has shoulder to cry on.” That statement seemed to bring the annoyed look back to her expression, only for a second though. “This is what you wanted right Harry? Why do you seem… like you didn’t want him to be the bad guy?” she was right about that, there was a strange part of me telling me that I shouldn’t tell Tae because in return karma would get me back for being a snitch. “I don’t know Fany, something else is on my mind. It’s making me not want to breathe a word of the situation out to Tae. I can’t tell what this feeling is though.”

With that we both headed to bed and that lavender smell invaded my nose yet again. I started wrapping my arms around Fany sub-consciously while wondering if everything was going to be alright, while embracing the wine red girl it had felt that things would sort themselves.