Chapter 18: The Final Chase

International Student

Tiffany’s POV

 

I sat there in the taxi, completely motionless, reminiscing the great times I had in my life here in Korea. Even though countless things were blessed upon me, like my family’s business flourishing which brought my mum and dad closer again or having great friends in my last year of high school, the thing I would never forget was him.

The way he would have an unbelievably huge smile whenever you would come across his dark skinned face would never leave my memory. The way his eyes would get even smaller when the smile appeared, it wasn’t an eye smile, but none the less it was cute as hell. He was the highlight of my Korean high school life.

Harry was also the lowlight, though he made me happy, I only got in his way of happiness, I even caused him great pain from those notorious thugs. Those feelings I had for him were the breaking point of such a great friendship, if I had only controlled myself and continued to ignore this one sided love that maybe we could pretend that none of this had ever happened to begin with. That was not possible any more, we had reached the point of no return, I had to leave and let him get on with his life as I should do myself.

When the taxi had finally reached the airport another tsunami of memories came flooding back into my pained mind. The day we had first met had resurfaced from the sight of the airport. That day I honestly wasn’t looking forward to meeting this so called “exchange student.” I was skeptical about the whole idea of letting some stranger living with my great family, I mean getting to live with me was a privilege in itself, but with the rest of my family to? They’d have to pay some sort of rent for that.

All those thoughts were on my mind until I was finally face to face with this new girl, she was pretty and even though I thought of myself to be straight I began to feel myself falling for this girl on the first sight. Maybe if I never found out the truth about Harry, I may never had truly fallen for him, the fact he was a girl when we first met could have allowed me to think of him as merely a close friend or even a sister.

Those kind of thoughts were useless now. I wondered over to the counter and asked for the next ticket to LA. I missed my American household, the houses in America just had a different feel to them than the ones over here. “One ticket to the next flight to LA please.”

“The next flight leaves in twenty minutes madam, but the only available tickets are first class. Is this alright for you?” I pulled out my gold member credit card and handed over to her with my signature smile. “I’m sure it won’t be a problem Ms, don’t even worry about it.”

With one swipe the card machine had already approved and the tickets were printed immediately. I collected my bags and began to walk towards Gateway 7 where I’d leave behind these memories of him forever. “From this point on, we are no longer friends!” I screamed.

 

My POV

 

Sica was one hell of a driver, it was like watching a scene from Tokyo Drift. “Harry what exactly are you going to say when you see Fany?” as Sica asked that my face of determination turned into one of deep thought. I was merely going on a whim for chasing Fany to the airport, part of me believed that if I caught up to her it wouldn’t matter what I would say, she wouldn’t listen. The other part of me believed that she would already be departed.

My face changed yet again from deep thinking to just helplessness. Though Sica was mostly focusing on her high speed maneuvers she noticed that my expression turned dark and started to speak to me yet again. “Harry she’ll be there don’t worry, I don’t have any evidence to say that’s true, but I just feel it. Harry you need to believe, you’ll miss 100% of shots you don’t take.”

Though Sica was usually my mortal enemy, for the past few days she had been a true friend, a great friend which caused me to have faith. If she was optimistic about Fany, why the hell can’t I be? “You’re absolutely right ice princess, I’m gonna get Fany, we’ll end up together and go back to school. Not the same as before, but changed for the better.”

“That’s right crossdresser! Now you’re really thinking like a man.” I hadn’t heard a comment as witty as that one for quite a long period of time, it was refreshing as well as insulting.

“Better be like this when we get back to school Sica, don’t even think of being as nice as the past few days when we return.”

“You think these nice acts are for free Harry? Well I’ll have to break it to you, you’re sadly incorrect, you owe me big time for this and I know exactly how you’ll help me.” That usually would’ve terrified me, helping Sica would only mean a painful task, but I was up for it. She definitely does deserve it.

“How long til the airport Icy?”

“You can stop with the nicknames, it’s getting weird. Not too far away now, we’ll get there in maybe five or ten minutes tops.”

“Can’t you drive any faster Elsa? This is taking way too long. Pick up the pace so I can finally confess to where my true love really was.”

“YAH! I SAID NO MORE NICKNAMES! Why don’t you drive then if you think it’s easy to drive like this, huh?”  I had to admit she got me there, I chose to remain silent and think about the words I would use to mend Fany’s broken heart.

As I thought over what I was going to say in front of Fany, I began to think it was my fault her heart was so shattered in the first place. Those gestures she had given me should have been so obvious that she had feelings for me, the way she would carefully stare at me from afar, and not mind about sharing food or drinks, or the way when she was teaching me lines or moves for girls that she would personally show me herself. These signs were right there, leading me to her heart, I just didn’t listen to those clear signs.

“We’re here shemale, hurry up and win her heart already!” I ran out, not even replying to Sica’s attempt at humor. I was too focused on her, I wanted her back, no I needed her back here right beside me and make sure she would never leave ever again. As I dashed through the airport, outrunning security and other staff I began to remember the first day we ever met, the time I first saw her stunning, heart-melting eye smile. That day would be the start to every event to follow. One second thought, I may regret taking a chance to live in Korea, as I had caused her so much trouble, but if we had never met, I would’ve never have the chance to fill this void in my heart that had been longing for true companionship.

I finally found her, as she said “We are no longer friends!” I sped my way towards her and s my arms around her waist engulfing her with a warm back hug. She gasped in disbelief, but didn’t turn. I began to speak what I had been holding in for far too long “You’re right Fany, we aren’t friends anymore. I continually stabbed your heart, I let you fall for me and never noticed. Every time I asked you for help or opinion for Tae only slashed at your heart even more than I already had. I don’t deserve to be your friend the way I treated you Fany, I am deeply sorry for the way I hurt you.”

Warm tears began to roll down her eyes, but this time I wouldn’t let them stay. She sobbed “I am glad you agree with not being friends anymore, makes it easier to just le…” I cut her off and look right in her eyes and told her “Fany indeed we’re not friends anymore, but I want to be more than just friends. I hurt you, I know, but from now on no more false hope. I am here giving my heart to you. Fany can you be mine?” with that I slowly inched my way towards her plump lips, every moment I drew nearer my heart began to pump harder and fast. This didn’t matter to me, I wasn’t going to back down. Our lips finally made contact with one another.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

OMG! He’s kissing me! This time it wasn’t me who made the move, what does this mean? Is what he just stated true? Or was he playing with my heart strings? No… Harry would never do that intentionally. He may have made me felt like I was being played with prior to his knowledge of my feelings, but that’s because he didn’t know, but now he does. This kiss wasn’t a game, it was a declaration, and he had finally put me first.

I pulled away from the kiss and looked straight into his dark brown orbs. I remained silent and he spoke “Is that a no Fany?” SMACK!

“Hey! You could’ve just said no…” did I slap him too hard? Oh whatever. I finally spoke what I honestly meant to say “What? The slap wasn’t a no Harry, it was because you began to doubt your chances. I accept your apology and request Harry. I will be yours, here and forever. If I find out this is all a hoax, not only will I kill you Harry, I’ll be taking the next flight to California.”

After I gave him that eye smile he adored so much, I pulled him in for another passionate kiss. He and I were finally together, no strings, no doubts, not even air between us, just love.

 

My POV

 

Though my face was red from that hard back hand to the face from my love, it was also red from the blushing. She brought me into another kiss and this time the tears had finally stopped, we had finally joined our lips for the right reasons. There was nothing in the way anymore, no Taengoo, no thieving thugs, no secrets. My heartbeat was no longer beating at the speed of light, with Fany I was calm. She put my mind at easy better than anyone, but she also would be the reason of any anxiety I would obtain. Fany means everything to me and I finally healed her scarred heart.