Chapter 14: Reality of My love

International Student

Sica and I searched the city as best we could, we walked until we had blisters on our blisters and yet we still walked on. Walking through countless malls, restaurants, motels, hotels, apartment buildings the list would only go on. Showing people pictures of her just to see if they somehow notice this beautiful girl wandering the streets alone and the answer for them was the same for us, no sign whatsoever.

I hated the fact that there was nothing Sica and I could do to narrow the search, we tried calling her, messaging her and left a load of voice mails, but not one single reply to any of them. My worried feeling started to grow to an even worse fear that something bad could have happened to Fany. Those crazy thoughts I had before came rushing back to me, I was losing my mind.

I started grabbing my hair in utter frustration and rage, Sica grabbed my wrist and stared at me with her own pissed expression. “Yah! This isn’t the time for you to take your frustration out on yourself you idiot. Come on we need to keep searching.”

“We’ve been searching for hours on end Sica, it’s obvious she doesn’t want to be found. Where can we possibly go that we haven’t already checked huh?” she had no answer for me.

She also seemed to have lost her will to carry on. The simple fact was that we truly had no clue as to where she was hiding. We thought of ourselves to be her closest friends and yet we couldn’t even locate her in her time of need.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

The bright morning sun broke through the faint curtains in the bedroom. The warmth was quite nice against my skin. I sat up and had my normal morning yawn, the bed was absolutely amazing and it felt as if I was wrapping myself in a fluffy cloud. I had to admit though it still wasn’t as cozy as Harry’s arms that she usually woke up to in most mornings.

I began to shake my head in the attempt to rid myself of any thoughts of him. I didn’t want to think of those times anymore, I just wanted to be rid of this feelings that only brought me dread.

I collected my stuff and checked out of the hotel, I couldn’t stay in the same spot for too long or someone would end up finding me. I walked outside of the building and immediately felt the spring breeze brush against my skin.

Today was a wonderful day, a day that would be great to have an outing of some sort. My natural instinct would’ve been to ask Harry where he wanted to go on such a good day, but like I said I don’t want to think about those times anymore.

I was wandering around just seeing what was on sale around the mall when I saw Harry, and he wasn’t alone. Sica was also there, were they looking for me? I quickly hid behind the corner, keeping my eye on them just in case they were coming my way. Harry seemed really frustrated and worried as he frantically search in and out of shops endlessly even with his blood shot eyes and slight limp to his walk. Was I making the wrong choice of hiding? No, it’ll prevent me from seeing him and letting him crush my heart for the second time. I must protect my own heart for once.

Every moment I stared though, my heart began to sink. The genuine worry in his eyes made me feel guilty about what I was doing. In another way it made me kind of happy, it made me feel like he finally was putting me first. My legs almost began to approach him subconsciously and I had to hold myself back from trying to give him a hug and an apology.

He just look so concerned, but what if it wasn’t for me? What if he was worried about something that has nothing to do with me? I was completely in doubt at that moment because my mind was running wild. One second I’d think one thing and then the next second something completely different. I guess the whole situation came at me a little too fast and my mind was trying to speed its way back to normality, to reality. The rush of thoughts kept me from understanding what imagination was and what was truly going on in my situation.

I decided to not approach Harry, the risk was not worth it at the moment. Odds seemed to be against me and my heart could not bear anymore rejections. I walked off to my car and started to drive far away. Ready to go wherever the spring winds would take me.

 

My POV

 

We had been searching for approximately nine hours straight. Neither of us stopped for a food break or even a toilet break. All we had on us was bottles of water at the ready to make sure we stayed hydrated as we searched. I had already mentally decided that Fany was missing and finding her would be next to impossible now.

I turned to Sica, who surprisingly didn’t seem to mind how long we had been looking for. She actually seemed to be handling it better than I was. “Sica don’t you need to go to school? I don’t want to cause you anymore trouble. I really appreciate your help, but you should get to class.”

 She gave me a neutral look to signal that she was going to ignore anything unrelated to finding my beloved. “Harry let’s get a move on. She could be getting further away from us at this very moment as we waste time talking about useless things. Now think Harry where could she be?” I’d been thinking that for hours. We had already checked everywhere, who was saying useless things now? But then it hit me. “Sica, I think I might know where she is. Do you have money for a cab?” she nodded and we hailed the first cab we found.

I rethought the possible areas that Fany would go to help herself feel better and then I remembered the day when she made me feel better when she took me to her special place. The place where she comforted me for the very first time and really just hung out there and started our traditional weekly outings. Sica and I were on our way to the cherry blossom orchard.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I was already miles away from the city, letting wind rush through my hair as I had the roof off the convertible. I felt like I need a nice place to just put my mind at ease and if the hotel’s massage parlor couldn’t offer me that then I needed to go to my special place. That one safe place where as a child I’d hide. Before me and my family moved to America they were having quite a lot of trouble establishing their jewelry business and my father and mother would always be having an argument about giving it up. My mum found this place in her attempt to run away from those problems and it made her feel safe whenever she needed it ever since then. One time my father lashed out in front of my eight year old self and made me cry my eyes out, but then my mum showed me this place and my tears completely disappeared and my fondness of pink was born.

I parked my car and walked to the Cherry blossom orchard. I lay motionless on the grass taking in all the wonderful spring aromas. I finally felt at ease and that could lie down for hours and hours just listening to the birds’ hum, the wind rustling the trees.
 

Story POV

 

What Fany didn’t know was she was being followed by two very strange men, dressed in full black, wearing fully tinted aviators and they were approaching her in dead silence. “Ahh this feels so good, maybe I’ll just take a nap.” The two men jumped out and grabbed Fany. She screamed loud, but no one heard, they duct taped and put a bag over her face. As she kicked and screamed continuously they dragged her into the back of their van and drove off.

 

My POV

 

The cab took a while to finally reach the path to the orchard, but we were finally there none the less. The path of dirt had tire tracks embedded in them, the tire tracks seemed reasonably recent so I thought that this maybe where Fany was hiding. We were nearing the Cherry blossoms when I notice a very familiar car.

It was Fany’s! I ran over to check the car and the engine still seemed hot, she must be close by I thought. Sica and I ran to the Cherry blossoms and found nobody lying down under the pink leaved trees. Why would she leave without her car? Things weren’t adding up.

I looked over to where they first came and relaxed and found a watch on the ground. There was no doubt it was Fany’s. She would always say that this was her favourite watch being rose gold encrusted with pink diamonds from her family’s company. She would wear it on most days unless she was worried about something. When she had the worried feeling she would not want to see the time as it always seemed slower to her. That wasn’t important right now though, what was important is that she would never leave this lying around, she would never leave without her car as well.

I began to worry, even more than I had already been feeling.

“Harry! Look at this.” I ran over to Sica and she was looking at the dirt track where the tire marks were. “Yeah she drove up here, what does that have to do with anything?” I looked at her confused to what point she was trying to prove. “PABO! I know she drove here, but there’s tire tracks leaving. How could she have left and leave behind tire tracks without a car Harry! Use your brain.”

“OH SH*T. Does that mean, she could have been… Kidna-“

“Harry don’t say it. We can’t panic right now. Get in her car, she left the keys in so let’s follow these tracks.”