Chapter 15: Missing Tiffany Hwang

International Student

Sica the engine and began to drive to the road. The dirt tracks seemed to be endless until we finally reached the highway where the dirt track to the Cherry blossoms started and the tracks only travelled a few meters to the right before disappearing. “What do we do now Sica?” neither of us had a clue to what our next move was. We sat there wondering what we could possibly do and Sica finally had an idea. “Wait, Fany’s phone is connected with this car, maybe we can find it her through the GPS?” that plan was as good as any other plan we had and to our surprise the GPS started giving us directions to an unknown destination. “Can we trust this?”
“There’s no time for that Harry let’s just go and get our Fany back.”

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I never stopped screaming, the tears never stopped pouring. Was I gonna die? Was I gonna get ra-? Don’t think that way Fany, just hope to God that someone will hear your masked screams. “Could you shut her up?!” the driver of the van screamed and one of his lackies at the back responded with fear in his eyes as if he just received a threat. He took out a gun and pointed it right at my mouth and said “You better shut up or I’ll blow your vocal cords out, you !” my screaming finally went to a stop, but the thing that didn’t stop was my tears.

They finally stopped at what looked like an abandoned shack at the outskirts of the city and the sight only put more fear in my already pained heart. They violently threw me onto the ground causing me to sprain my ankle. The duct tape crossed on my mouth was ripped off and with it came a lot of sting to my lips.

“What do you want from me!?!” I yelled, but all they did was stare at me. The driver from before turned to me and finally spoke. “Hello Ms. Hwang. The multimillionaire heir to Hwang CO. Jewelers. I’m pretty sure with that statement you know what we’re after princess.” I just kept the stare. They just wanted money? Maybe I can get out of this alive. I stayed quiet until they spoke up about their demands against me. “Not talkin’ now huh? Well let’s just tell you how much we want. Let’s say about, I dunno $100,000,000 American dollars?” That statement left my mouth in awe. I didn’t even know if my whole family fortune was enough to meet that demand so I denied.

“I-I can’t give you that much. I’m not that rich.” He slapped me with full force right across the face, blood began to spur off the corner of my lips. “Well you need to find a way to get it don’t you honey? Now we’re about to call your parents. Say what we say and if you even think about trying to tip them off about where we are. You’ll be the cause of one of their deaths!” the thought of letting them hurt anyone I cared about made me scream inside. I was prepared to follow anything they said and I was going to make sure nothing happened to my loved ones. The phone began to ring when they brought it up to my right ear. “Hello? Daddy? HELP ME!” the phone was brought away from my ear and they gave me a glare that told me to shut up. The phone was back to my ear and they began to prompt me. “Daddy?”

“Yes honey what’s going on? Why did you scream?”

“I don’t have time to explain, you need to get $100,000,000 in $100 notes in duffle bags. The address and everything is on an email. Dad please don’t call the police or anything, they said if you do they’ll hurt me.”

“I-I don’t understand. What’s going on?! Where are you?!” they took the phone away from me and began to speak to my father. “I think you better listen to your baby girl, old man. Or she might just get a few scars to show for your lack of cooperation.”

“I’ll do anything you want just don’t hurt my daughter!”

“You have tomorrow afternoon to get the money at the drop off point. If you don’t not show up or are late by even a second. She’s gonna be in a world of hurt.” The line went dead and he gave me a devilish grin. “Looks like we’re gonna be rich men tomorrow!!” he shouted out into the shack and his stupid lackies all cheered with him.

I couldn’t stand this, not only were they gonna get my money, but we’d never even know where to find them afterwards. “Hey boss, is it alright if I have some fun with the girl. She’s pretty cute.” He stared me down with suggestive eyes and slowly approached me, closer and closer until he started reaching for my buttons and undoing each one. Luckily the boss finally spoke up “HEY! BACK OFF HER YOU IMBECILE!!! She can’t be hurt or touched in any way you hear?! She’s our only leverage.” He removed his filthy hands off me and all I could do was push a sigh of relief out of my throat.

 

My POV

 

Within an hour the sun began to set and we just continue to drive in silence because all we could think about was if Fany was safe. The GPS finally got us to our destination and it seemed to be a sh*t old shack. I didn’t understand why we were here unless Fany really was kidnapped. I turned to Sica and she seemed to have the same questions stirring in her mind. “So… Does this answer your question about the kidnapping Harry?”

“We should call the cops Sica. You do that and I’ll go in and check it out.” She held my arm as I began to walk. “Are you out of your ing mind? You don’t know how to defend yourself and what if they all have guns Harry? What are you gonna do then huh?” I could only look at Sica with no response.

She was right of course, there was no way I would be able to take care of myself in a fight let alone Fany, but I couldn’t just sit there and wait for the police. It was my fault Fany got into this mess. Live or die, I was going to save her. “Let go Sica, I’m not gonna wait for the police. I need to save her right now. Who knows what they could be doing to her, I-I just cant wait.” I began to run towards the distant abandoned shack at full speed only slowing down as I closed the gap to prevent being detected.

I slowly creeped up to the window and popped my head slightly up to look through and there she was, even with her cuts and bruises I would never mistake that face. It was my one, my only, Fany.

I wanted to just grab her, hold her and tell her that everything was going to be alright. I felt so hopeless, powerless. I began to think of scheme of taking her out of there, until I felt an arm touching my back which made me jump, luckily I still held my voice in. “Sh*t Sica you almost made me shout? Why are you here? Did you call the police?”

“Yeah don’t worry they said they’ll be coming within an hour.”

“An hour! What the hell!?”
“This place is far away and I couldn’t give an address so I’m letting them track my phone, so that’s why they’re gonna take a while. Hey don’t worry we’ll just stay here and wait and for them and keep an eye out for whether they stay here or not.”

“I can’t wait an hour Sica, I need her in my arms. I need to make sure she’s safe and even though we’re only a few meters away I feel like she’s still impossible for me to reach. I have a plan Sica, you ready for some action?”