Chapter 4: Phys Ed Class

International Student

The bell rang and I checked my timetable to see which class I was heading for. “Come on Harry we need to go to Phys Ed.” Fany grabbed my arm swiftly and started leading me towards the school gym. Upon entering, I had almost fainted from the beautiful sight before me.

All the girls were wearing tight clothes ready to work out and do some sport. It took all my mental composure to keep myself calm and not show any strange vibes or nose bleeds. Luckily I managed to pull that off.

“Everyone gather round, quickly now.” The gym teacher was sorting out teams for us to play some basketball. In my mind I believed that this wouldn’t be any sort of challenge, after all I’m a guy and I should show my male superiority. Oh how wrong I was, most of these girls knew exactly what they were doing and could dribble, pass and even shoot at quite a high level. I wasn’t a push over though, I still played my very best and was leading my team to victory until the real challenge had come.

On the other team there was Amber, known to be the best b-baller in the school and was captain of the senior team. Her cross overs and shots were pretty crazy, the game just became a tug of war between me and her. I’d score, then she’d retaliate, it was a never ending cycle. Five minutes left on the clock and the score was tied. I wasn’t about to give in and she didn’t look like she was ready either. “You’re not bad newbie, but you’re not gonna win this one I can guarantee you.” She said with a smug look on her face. Like hell I was going to let her get away with taunting me, sh*just got real. The intense tug of war lasted for four minutes which meant there was only a minute left on the clock. I jumped into the zone and crushed in the final minute coming out as the ultimate victor. With that win I jumped up and fist pumped the air and gave a few high fives to the girls on my team. “Looks like I won.” I said returning that smug face back to Amber’s.

“Yeah you win this time, won’t let it happen again though, I swear it!” She lifted her fist as a sign of war.

“Hey you should join the team, it’d be great to have someone else I can rely on out there.” The thought about playing on an all-girls team playing around the country didn’t seem that bad. I’d get to have fun, play ball and best of all, see the girls from all over the district, but I couldn’t get found out about being a guy.

The risks were just too high so I had to decline Amber’s offer. “Nah I can’t join the team, medical reasons, sorry Amber.” I walked over to the bench to dry off and saw yet another girl who caught my eye. She was brunette, pretty, tall, elegant and lean. Is-is she coming towards me? I quickly wiped all the sweat off with the towel and got ready to meet this new pretty lady. “You played really well out there.” She said with a rather flirty tone. Was she trying to hit on me?

“Ahh thanks, it was nothing really.” I said as I brushed myself with a bit of pride.

“Names Krystal Jung, Nice to meet you Harry.” She gave me a smile and a cute wink before she walked off. Whoa she knew my name without my introduction? She must’ve been hitting on me. Then I snapped out of it and realised who else was in the gym, Taeyeon. She really was gorgeous, whenever I felt her presence I wouldn’t be able to keep my gaze off her. She was the apple of my eye.

She was doing some sort of dance routine, or more like a cheer routine. Was she a cheerleader? She seemed kind of short and didn’t really seem like the athletic type, unfortunately I was right about her lack of athleticism. Taeyeon had tried to do a cartwheel, but failed and landed awkwardly on her ankle. “YAH!” She screamed when she had hit the solid gym floor. Unknowingly, I already started sprinting towards her ready to help her in any way possible. “Oh my goodness, Tae are you ok?” I looked at her with genuine worry and it was like my hands had a mind of their own.

I grabbed her hand subconsciously, but surprisingly she didn’t pull away. Kind of felt like she was holding my hand tighter than I was. Everyone rushed over and I let go not fully realizing that she may had squeezed my hand too. “I’m fine Harry, I guess we’re even now right?” she laughed with a kind of old women kind of laugh. Most people who laughed like that would’ve been unbelievably weird, but in her case she was unbelievably cute.

“Yah Harry!!!” oh great, HellSica’s coming, I mentally prepared myself for her wrath.  “I told you to never lay a hand on my fair maiden, she’s not your girl!”

“Hush Sica.” Taeyeon said. She then grabbed my hand and signaled me to lift her up. I pulled her onto her feet, but once she was up she stumbled and winced slightly. “Your ankle must be sprained Tae, Let me take you to the nurse.”

“You don’t even know where it is!” Sica yelled with fury and jealousy. “I’ll take her, just go away Harry.”

“Sica its fine, she can take me if she wants to. Do you want to take me to the office, Harry?”

“Yeah, I can’t let you go by yourself after all.” I tried to speak in the most casual way I could muster, deep inside I was jumping for joy and doing more fist pumps of triumph. She picked me over Sica, Wooo!