Chapter 16: Hospitalised

International Student

I felt all my emotions mix together to form one huge ball of pure fury. I looked back through the window and saw the four men surrounding my love. I began to imagine the amazing spin kicks and martial arts moves I would be pulling off in an attempt to save Fany.

In my head I pictured myself running at him with full speed then sweeping his leg as a surprise attack, the second thug would be trying to shoot me with his pistol, but from playing Call of Duty I learned that swaying side to side while running at someone would decrease their level of accuracy. So as I ran I swayed and when I finally got to him with a high jump kicked to his wretched face and then swept his legs as well.

Then I picked up the gun and run for cover, when I went up to look I took a perfect shot right through the last two thugs.

Meanwhile the boss was cowering in the corner while I picked Fany and held her in my arms. The vision ended with the typical line from the damsel in distress “My Hero!” and then she would give me a kiss. It took me a while to snap out of my vision, but when I did Sica was just staring at me with a very confused expression. She then said “Umm Harry. You don’t actually plan on going in there do you? This isn’t a game. One mistake could kill you and any warning you give them could cause them to run? Don’t be stupid please!” it was already too late though.

So much adrenaline was rushing through my mind as her imaginary lips touched mine, this adrenaline boost caused me to rush in to the warehouse, still feeling no fear at all. “Who the are you little sh*t?!” screamed the boss, I ignored him and began to run at the unarmed thug and like in my vision I swept his feet. For good measure I kicked his side to make sure he wouldn’t get up.

I then made I contact with the second thug who was armed with what looked like a Desert Eagle handgun. Like my imagination I began to run side to side in an attempt to avoid the thug’s fire, but this was not like my imagination. Despite the first take down went smoothly this time was different, very different. The first bullet flew right past my ear only narrowly missing me.

At this point fear was beginning to creep up at the back of my head and with the fear came slower side to side movement. With his next gun shot it again narrowly missed me but this time close to my right shoulder. This shot further increased my level of fear making my next few steps even slower than the last and even occasionally stumbling from side to side.

Well you could say third times the charm, at least in the thug’s case. The third shot made contact with me, my left thigh to be exact. At this point the adrenaline had long since disappeared and I was engulfed with the feeling of excruciating pain and defeat. I crashed to my knees and hurting my shot left leg even more, unconscientiously I began to scream, the pain was truly unbearable. “This is what happens when you try to be a hero buddy. Best put him out of his misery aye?” the boss said while signaling the thug to take the final shot. “NO!! Don’t hurt him!” I could hear Fany’s husky voice in the background as I began to faint. I slowly began to drop and hit the cold, hard ground as he shot me right in the chest and my vision became pitch black. I had completely fainted in the fear of facing death.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

As he hit the ground I couldn’t help but feel I was the one to blame for the pain he would be feeling at this moment. If I didn’t act like a child and run away he wouldn’t be in this situation. With my hands and legs tied up I wriggle my way all the way to him. I put my head on his cold chest to listen for a heartbeat, I had to listen deeply, trying to sense any short of movement. There it was! I could feel his very faint heartbeat and this lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders. Though he could move I placed my two tied hands on his chest trying to prevent as much of the blood from pouring out of his icy chest as possible. Suddenly his hand moved to my head and he began to faintly speak to me. “Fany… I.. I… glad you’re… here. I… lo...” he cut off there. Even though I knew he may not be in the right state of mind, even though I knew it was possible that he wasn’t going to say “that” word. I wanted to hear it, I wanted to know what he was going to say. I wanted to hear it from him and give him a tight embrace and never let him go.

In my mind I started to believe he was going to say that, but a part of me couldn’t let my heart feel it. He never felt that way for me, he loved Tae, my smile from his words turned into a frown and then tears followed. Last thing I remembered in that warehouse was the sirens approaching my location and the rest was all a huge blur. Next thing I knew I was in a stiff bed, my environment seemed unfamiliar and the smell was, well too clean. I slowly opened my eyes and it took me a few moments to realize everything that just happened. When I did realize I jolted up too quickly and struck the doctor right on the face with my forehead. “Aigoo… sorry Doctor, I didn’t mean to hit you like that.”

“That’s quite alright Ms. Hwang but, for your own safety please stay still. You have numerous bruises around your body. You will tire yourself out faster if you move too much.”

Even though he said these words I ignored them. I needed to see him, I need to know he was here with me getting treated. I jumped out of the gurney and ran out down the hall way picking through every room I passed.

“MS HWANG! You need to return immediately!” footsteps chased me from down the hall, but I wasn’t about to stop. Finally I found him, but my worriedness did not ease in the slightest. He remained lying there, lifeless and cold. I looked at the heart rate monitor and it looked reasonably stable.

The doctor finally caught up with me and saw the reason for my lack of cooperation and said to me “He’s going to be fine Ms. Hwang. The surgery was successful and he’s just recovering right now. Come back in a few days and he’ll be feeling a lot better I promised.” I continued to disregard the doctor’s words, I heard him yes, but I wasn’t going to leave anytime soon.

I walked to Harry and held his hand with tears forming in my eyes yet again. “Harry, I don’t know if you can hear me right now but… I just want to tell you that… that…” tears began to rush out of my eyes, my speech turned into sobs. “That I really thank you for trying to save me out there… I wish I could have prevented your pain. It’s my fault you’re here. I put you on this hospital bed… so I won’t cause you anymore trouble. Bye Harry and I… I love you…” with that said I ran to the doctor and gave him a hug out of need of human warmth and confort. I couldn’t let him get hurt anymore, I couldn’t let me get in the way of his happiness anymore. I had to leave.