Chapter 8 - Revenge

Can I love you?

          “I’m fine Ji Hyo-yah…Everything’s fine…” Jong Kook whisper to her ear. He keeps on calming her. He pats her back. She’s still crying. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he hugs her tightly. It’s strange for him Ji Hyo isn’t like this before. She’s too emotional. “Please…calm down…” he said.

          Ji Hyo feels Jong Kook is trembling. He’s so worried she knows. She started to calms down. She releases her hug to him.

          “Are you finally okay?...” he asked. She nodded. They went to a coffee shop nearby. She let her drinks tea to make her feel good. “You surprise me Ji Hyo-yah…I thought you won’t calm down…” he said to her. “I thought you’ll get hit by that car…I’m just so surprise…” she replies. “I know…I’m glad you’re now okay…” he smiles. Ji Hyo gets a ticklish feeling in her heart looking at his smile. “Ji Hyo wae?...Stop it…It’s still an effect of my pregnancy…I’m sure of this…” she thought.

          Nam Goong Min who’s the driver of the car who was about to hit Jong Kook earlier, he followed them. He is still in his car looking at them. “You don’t have the right to be happy…I won’t let you…I promise her…” he said while glaring at Jong Kook who’s smiling while talking to Ji Hyo.

          ~ Flashback ~

          “Stop it…You’re already drunk Soo Jin-ah…” Min said to her. They were at their house.

          “Ani Oppa~…If…i-f he saw me lik--e this…He’ll surely…talk to me again…” Soo Jin said.

          The two weren’t blood related but they grew together at the orphan and they treat each other like a real brother and sister.  

          Min holds her shoulders. “You don’t deserve him…He’s not the right for you…That man is a playboy…He’ll only hurts you…like now…He doesn’t love you…Look at yourself Soo Jin-ah…It’s not you anymore…What did he do to you?...” He felt so sad for her. Soo Jin is a bright girl and lovable but since she knows Jong Kook things changes. She loves him so much but that man is different. He only plays her.

          Soo Jin takes away his hands. “No….No…That’s not true…stop it…I don’t want to hear those words…STOOPP~!...”

          “Please…”

          Soo Jin stands up. “I’ll go to him…I want to se-e him…I’ll pro--ve that you were wrong…He loves me…” she said and goes out of their house. She drives her car away. Min is so worried and follows her using his motorbike.

          She’s driving fast and didn’t notice that truck approaching at the intersection. Her car got hit, it flips. Min immediately runs to her. She’s brought to hospital but it’s too late. She’s gone. Min is holding her hands and crying.

          “Soo Jin-ah…Park Soo Jin~…!...Please wake up~…please…” he pleaded.

          ~ End of Flashback ~

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Next day…. Dong Hae’s house ~

          It’s Dong Hae’s birthday. Jong Kook and Dong Hae were preparing the food. He only wants simple celebration for his birthday. Just a dinner with his friends is all he wants. Jessica and Ji Hyo arrive.

          They set the food and sings for him. He makes a wish and blows the candles.

          “What’s your wish?...” Ji Hyo asked.

          “It’s secret…” he said then secretly glances at Jessica. She isn’t looking at him though. She’s trying her best not to look at him after what she said. She can barely face him but she didn’t want to get caught by her Noona and Oppa.

          They started to eat and chat.

          “So how’s your store?...” Jong Kook asked her.

          “It’s doing good Oppa…”

          “That’s good…You’re really excellent in doing your business..You’re still young but look how it’s growing…You’re really something…” Jong Kook proudly said to her.

          “Thank you Oppa…I’m really glad too…”

          After the celebration, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo go home. They ask Jessica to hop in but she says she’ll just take the cab.

          Dong Hae walks her to take cab, while their walking the two was so silent. A cab stops in front of them and she go inside when Dong Hae talks. “I’m sorry…”

          Jessica looks at him. “I know…I’m sorry too…that won’t happen again…Bye…” she said and goes inside the cab. “You really can’t look at me even once…Why am I hoping you’ll like me too?...I must be insane…” Jessica thought.

          Dong Hae is left looking at the cab leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook and Hyo Joo go to the zoo. He is not the type of person who have a date in that place. He just smiles looking at the animals.

          “You really like animals…” Hyo Joo said to him seeing him smile.

          He shakes his head. “Aniyo~…I’m just amaze by myself…The last time I went to this place is when I treat Ji Hyo because she passes into the college entrance exam…” he giggles and stares at her. “You always change me…for better…” he said. “I…really like this woman….” He said in his mind.

          Hyo Joo smiles at him. “He’s really cute when he smiles like that…” she thought.

          They roam around the zoo. They laugh together and while they’re walking Jong Kook holds Hyo Joo’s hand. He thought she’ll refuse but Hyo Joo also holds his hand. They look at each other and smiles.

          After that, they went to a restaurant and eat.

          “Do you know Jin Hyuk Oppa?...” Hyo Joo asked him.

          “Ne~…Looks like you know him too…”

          She nodded. “He is my friend…Jin Hyuk Oppa and Ji Hyo-ssi is now together…”

          “Really?...I didn’t know that…but I know those two will be together one day…they just so perfect together…” he smiles. “She never told me about it…”  he said in his mind.

          Night, the two goes to a park and looks at the beautiful fountain; he holds her hand and faces her. He smiles so sweetly. “You make me happy…and thank you for taking a chance for someone like me…I gone crazy just the thought of you won’t never talk to me again…I already fall in love with you…and it even grows everyday…I love you Hyo Joo-ssi…” he confessed.

          Hyo Joo feels his love and tears started to fall from her eyes. “I…took my courage…because I also don’t want to lose you…I must be really insane…I started to think of you…always…You’re like a stain in my mind that I can’t erase…and day by day…I asks myself…what makes you different…then you appeared everyday in front of me…You never give up…and now I can finally say…I love you too Jong Kook-ssi…” she smiles.

          Jong Kook is so happy looking at the woman he never knew he’ll find. He slowly bridges the gap and kisses her with all his love.

          ~ Haha’s Restaurant ~

          They have a dinner together; all of them were already there except Jong Kook. “Ji Hyo-yah…Jong Kook won’t make it today?...” Jae Suk asked her. Ji Hyo looks at her phone. She already texted him but he didn’t answer. “I don’t know too Oppa…He didn’t reply to my message…”

          “If that’s so…let’s eat…” Jae Suk said then Jong Kook arrives with Hyo Joo. He got the message from Ji Hyo and they went straight to the restaurant after going to the park.

          “I’m here…” he smiles while holding Hyo Joo’s hand. All of them were surprise; it’s his first time bringing a girl to their gathering. “Hyung you’re here…” Gwang Soo said. “Oh..Who’s that beautiful one?...” Haha said and they all crowded them. Ji Hyo is just looking at them and she started to feel jealous. “I hate this feeling….” She thought.

          She sends a message to Jin Hyuk. “Mianhe Jinja…but please come here…I don’t know what to do anymore…I’m really crazy…”  She also sends the address. Jong Kook and Hyo Joo walks towards her. “Annyonghaseyo~…” Hyo Joo greets her. “Annyonghaseyo~…” Ji Hyo greeted her back. They all sat, Jong Kook and Hyo Joo are towards Ji Hyo.

          They’re smiling and talking also with the others. Ji Hyo can’t stand looking at them. Then Jin Hyuk came Ji Hyo stands up and walks towards him. “Oppa…He’s Choi Jin Hyuk…” Ji Hyo said to them. All of them greeted him and they all started to eat.

          Jae Suk and Suk Jin look at each other. Their eyes were talking. They both don’t like what’s happening. Just looking at the two, they know they agreed to each other terms. They want them to fall in love with each other and have a great family but looks like it’s impossible to happen.

          “By the way…my son’s birthday is coming…you all have to be there…also Hyo Joo-ssi and Jin hyuk-ssi…” Haha said.

          “We’ll surely come...” Jae Suk said.

          After the dinner, Jong Kook brings Hyo Joo home and after wards went home. He parks his car and walks to the entrance of the building (where there house is). Just then he saw Ji Hyo hugging Jin Hyuk. He stops and looks at them. “She must be so happy…” he said in his mind.

          Before what Jong Kook saw, Ji Hyo is feeling frustrated and Jin Hyuk noticed it. “I’m sure there is something wrong with you Ji Hyo-ssi…You know you always can talk to me…” he said to her. Then she started to cry. “I don’t know anymore…I can’t underhand myself too…I hate this feeling…” she said and Jin Hyuk hugs her to comfort her. He knows what she is saying. He already notices earlier at the dinner. Ji Hyo keeps on looking at Jong kook and Ji Hyo, the hurt in her eyes can’t be hidden. “What should we do with how you feel Ji Hyo-ssi?...I wish I could make it disappear…but I know he will be the one that will make you feel okay…” Jin Hyuk said in his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Next day…. ~

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo went to the mall to buy Haha’s son a gift. They went to the baby section of the mall and looks for a gift. The two were so amaze by the baby stuff there. “Look Oppa…this is so cute…” Ji Hyo said to him while holding a cute tiger pajama. “That would suit him…” he said.

          They bought a pair of pajamas and cute shirts for Haha’s son. The two is looking at a two pair of socks, one color light brown and the other is pink.

          “Do you think our baby will be a boy or a girl?...” Jong Kook said.

          “Hmmm…for me I want a boy…”

          “I think a girl would do…”

          “I really want this light brown pair of socks…I just imagine our little one wearing this…He’ll be really cute…” Ji Hyo smiles.

          “Buy that pink one too…I’m sure she’ll be a pretty one…” he said and they already pay at the counter.

          They were already rides his car. “How about I have one of the pink socks and I’ll give you the other pair of the brown socks?…” she said.

          “Okay~…Let’s keep it…until our precious one goes out…” he smiles and they exchange the socks.

          The two didn’t know the Nam Goong Min already follows them. He overheard them talking. “So she’s pregnant…with you…You’re really an …” Min said and smirks. He knows that Jong Kook is also seeing someone else. He always keeps tracks on him. He will never fail. He’ll make him suffer. “I’ll make you feel…how cruel life is…” Min said in his mind.

          ~ Night ~

          Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk see each other. They eat dinner together just then Ji Hyo feels her abdomen is aching. “Aahh~…” she said in pain. “Ji Hyo-ssi…Are you okay?...” Jin Hyuk asked. “Ne~…” but the pain got worst. “Aaaaaaahh~!...” she shouted. Jin Hyuk immediately brings her into the hospital. He also contacts Jong Kook.

          Jong Kook arrives at the hospital with Hyo Joo. They’re together when he got the call from Jin Hyuk. Jong Kook goes straight to Ji Hyo and holds her hand. “Are you okay?...” Jong Kook asked her. Ji Hyo smiles at him. “Ne~…the baby is fine…” she said.

          “You scared…I’m glad you’re okay…” he said and touches her face.

          Hyo Joo and Jin Hyuk is just looking at them.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 3 days passed … ~

          Ji Hyo got an invitation of dinner from Jong Kook. She went to the restaurant. “ji Hyo-yah…Here…” Jong Kook calls her. She walks towards him to find out Hyo Joo is also there. “Hello Ji Hyo-ssi…” she greeted her. “Annyonghaseyo Hyo Joo-ssi…” she said and sat towards them. She feels uncomfortable.

          Jong Kook smiles. “The two special woman in my life…I’m really a lucky man…to have you Ji Hyo as my best friend…and you Hyo Joo as the love of my life…I couldn’t never ask for more…” he said and look first to Ji Hyo then to Hyo Joo.

          Ji Hyo just smiles to them. They started to eat. After that, Ji Hyo really wants to escape from that place. Then she got a message from Jo In Sung. “Hi Ji Hyo-yah…Let’s meet up…Same place…”

          “Oppa I need to go now…I’m meeting someone…” Ji Hyo said. The rain started to pour.

          “Is that so?...”

          “Ne~…I’m sorry…” she stands up and bows to Hyo Joo walks away. Jong Kook followed her. “Are you really going?...but it’s raining…I don’t think it’s good for you…” he said.

          “But I need to see him…”

          “Who?...Jin Hyuk-ssi…He’ll understand Ji Hyo-yah…He knows your condition…”

          “Ani~…In Sung Oppa…”

          “So he’s finally back…your first love that you’re waiting for…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          “But I think you shouldn’t go…Look at the rain….” He still stops her.

          “Don’t worry Oppa…I’ll be fine…” she said and leaves.

          Ji Hyo and In Sung meet up in a coffee shop. They have a relationship before but Jong Kook is wrong. They were already good friends after they broke up. It’s not true that she’s waiting for him. In Sung only got back from US.

          She didn’t know that Min followed her. In Sung and Ji Hyo keep on chatting with each other. Min locks his eyes to their orders. All of the waiter and employee were too busy because they got many customers. Nam Goong Min gets their order without noticing by anyone and put some powdered medicine into Ji Hyo’s kiwi juice. He walks toward them and give their orders.

          Min walks away and stares at Ji Hyo taking a sip to her juice. Nam Goong Min grins. “You’re dead…Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” he said in his mind.