Chapter 18 - Where are you?

Can I love you?

          He falls of the ground and Goong Min hits his right knee. Jong Kook just bites his lips not to shout because the pain is already killing him. 

          Goong Min continues hitting him in every part of his body. He pours all his anger to him. He was about to hit Jong Kook’s face by the wood but he stops. Goong Min threw away the wood and smirks.

          “I really want to hit your face…with my own hands…” Goong Min said and put Jong Kook into sit. Then he started to punch him hard directly to his face. “Woah that really feels good…” he said smiling evily.

          He continues hurting Jong Kook until he can’t stand. Jong Kook’s face is already covered by blood and bruises. His boday aches a lot too.

            Goong Min looks at him lying on the ground. He wipes his hand by his hankerchief.

          “I have a little secret Kim Jong Kook-ssi…and if you know this…you will surely leave her…that’s for sure…and you won’t eve think to come back to her…” Goong Min said and sits to whisper to Jong Kook’s ear. “I’m…the…reason she…got miscarriage…I put something on her drink….a magic powder…” he smirks.

          Jong Kook felt a thug in his heart and devastated by what he heard. It’s all because of him. His little angel died because of him and he blames Ji Hyo for everything.

          “I…really love to see you in despair…It really…makes me damn happy…” Goong Min said and they all leave Jong Kook.

            As Jong Kook hears their cars leave, he gets his handphone in his pocket. It falls on the ground and he tried his best to dial 119.

          “H-el-p m-e…*coughs*…I’m at an old factory near Hangang River…” he said.

          “Ne~ We’ll go right now…” the mand said.

          After minutes, the rescue came and brings him to the nearest hospital. They immediately treat him.

          4 hours passed, Jong Kook got conscious. His right to is casted, bandage on his head and to different part of his body. The nurse gets near him.

          “Are you now awake Sir?...” the nurse asked.

          He nodded.

          “Do you have anyone to contact too for your guardian?...”

          “No..I don’t have one…Please send me to one of hospitals in Gangwon…” Jong Kook said.

          “Ne~…I understand…We will set your transfer…” the nurse said and leaves.

          His hearts aches more than the physical pain he’s suffering.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

         

          ~ Morning ~

          Ji Hyo goes to Jong Kook’s house and pushes the doorbell but no on response. She tried again but still the same. She calls him through his handphone but its turn off.

          She knocks. “Oppa…Jong Kook Oppa~…Are you there?...” and still no answer. “I’m going in…” she said and enters the password.

          She enters his house and he’s not there. She goes to his room and still there’s no Jong Kook.

          “Where is he?...” she said and tries to call him again and it’s still turned off.

          Ji Hyo then felt nervous. She went to his closet and find that out that some of his clothes were gone.

          “Don’t tell me…you left Oppa…No…please don’t do this….” She thought.

          She goes to the parking lot but found out that his car is there. Ji Hyo calls Jae Suk and Haha.

 

~ 20 minutes passed, Ji Hyo’s house ~

          “What happen Ji Hyo-yah?...What do you mean by Hyung is gone?...” Haha asked.

          “Oppa I don’t know too…If he really left or something happen…” she response.

          “You’re still together last night right?...” Jae Suk asked.

          “Ne Oppa~…His car is still there but some of his clothes were missing…Do you think he really left?...me?...” she said and tears were already forming in her eyes.

          Jae Suk pats her back. “Jong Kook isn’t like that Ji Hyo…You know…him more…and what he feels for you is true…He changes because of you…”

          “But where is he now Oppa?...I don’t what to think that way because it really hurts so much…”

          “Ji Hyo-yah…Is there anything odd yesterday?...” Haha asked. He also believes that Jong Kook won’t leave for no reason.

          Ji Hyo remember and she knodded. “Ne Oppa~…He looks not himself yesterday…and the other day too…it feels like there is something bothering him…but he said he is okay…”

          “Let’s look for him for now…there must be something…” Jae Suk said.

          “Oppa…I’m not telling you something…” Ji Hyo said and she thought about the bad guys who beat Jong Kook.

          “What is it?...” Jae Suk asked.

          Then Ji Hyo tells everything to them.

          “WHAT?!~…” Jae Suk and Haha said at the same time.

          “What is he thinking?...” Haha said.

          “Then maybe they’re connected to this… “ Jae Suk said.

          “Let’s go to Donghae…Maybe he knows something…” Ji Hyo said.

 

~ Donghae’s House ~

 

          “What brings you here?...” Donghae asked them as they enter his house.

          “Do you know where is Jong Kook Oppa?...” Ji Hyo asked.

          “Why?...Is there something happen?...” Donghae asked.

          Ji Hyo gets more nervous. No one knows where he is.

          “Do you really not know anything?...” Jae Suk asked him.

          Donghae shakes his head. “I don’t really know Hyung…”

          “Then tell us something about the gang…” Haha asked.

          “Actually, Jong Kook Hyung had a fight with them recently…but he beats them for real…it’s the first time he fights back…but I remember…he sense someone’s is watching us that day…and he feels that it’s their boss…and he challenges him not to hide anymore…” he explains.

           “Maybe that’s why he’s bothered the couple days…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…just go home for now…We’ll look for him don’t worry…” Jae Suk said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ 5 days passed ~

          It’s been days but still no news about Jong Kook. They can’t even report it to the police because one thing is for sure he left on his own. They didn’t even know if he is missing or he really didn’t want them to find him.

          Ji Hyo is currently at Jessica’s house. She’s really in despair but she feels that there is something bad happen to Jong Kook.

          She’s lying on the bed and looking at the ceiling when she felt that she will throws up. Ji Hyo immediately stands up and runs to the bathroom. She throws up on the toilet bowl. Jessica followed her and pats her back.

          “Are you okay Unnie?...” Jessica asked.

          “Ne~…” she said but something comes to her mind. She counts days into her mind. “Don’t tell me…I’m…” she said in her mind.

          ~ Ji Hyo’s house ~

          She’s in the bathroom waiting for the result of the pregnancy test.

          And she’s right. *two lines appears* She’s pregnant. “Oppa…Where are you?...Please come back…” she said in her mind.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ 2 days passed ~

          Ji Hyo got an unexpected guest, Jo In Sung.

          “How are you doing?...” he asked. It’s just been a week since he got back in Seoul.

          “I’m fine…” she said.

          “Actually Ji Hyo-yah, I really want to see you…because there is something I want to show you…” In Sung said and gets his handphone and plays a video take by a CCTV. Ji Hyo looks at it.

          It’s the night they went to the coffee shop together last 2 years. Then Ji Hyo sees the suspicious man getting the orders, putting something into it and brings it to their table. He’s also wearing the same color like the waiters.

          As she remembers, they didn’t noticed the waiter who brings theirorders because they’re busy talking to each other.

          “You know that a friend of mine owns that coffee shop…and he’s not in the country when I visited his coffee shop…and he doesn’t believe me at all…so I said to him to check the CCTV on that day for him to believe me…and we see this…They don’t know that man…no one noticed him that day because they have so many customers…and as you see he did something to your drinks…that why you got miscarriage…” Jo In Sung explains.

          Ji Hyo got so shocked. “But why?...Who is he?...”

          “We need to report this to the police…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ 3 days passed ~

          After reporting it to the police, they finally caught Goong Min. Ji Hyo already tell everyone about what happen.

          Ji Hyo with Jae Suk, Haha and Gwang Soo went to the police station to see the criminal.

          Gwang Soo rages seeing Goong Min. Jae Suk and Haha just stops him.

          “YOU EVIL!!!...” Gwang Soo shouted.

          Goong Min just looks at them and smirks.

          “Waaaa…I can’t believe him…Don’t stop me Hyung…I’ll punish this guy~!...” Gwang Soo said.

          “Enough Gwang Soo-yah…Ji Hyo wants to talk to him…Let’s go out…” Haha said and they head out.

          Ji Hyo slaps him before sitting towards him. Goong Min was handcuffs and he just looks at Ji Hyo.

          “I’m trying my best to be calm…but I really want to know what is your reason behind this…” she said.

          “Simple…because…I don’t want to see Jong Kook-ssi happy…”

          “What do you mean?...” she asked.

          “Because he is the reason why my sister is gone now…and that man didn’t deserve to be happy…Look around…he’s gone too…He leaves you…”

          “You know?...”

          “And maybe…he is really gone…to this world…”

          Ji Hyo slaps him hard. “Where is he? You ~!...” she shouted.