Chapter 17 - Hide and Seek

Can I love you?

~ Villa @ Gangwon-do ~

          All of them have a get together with their families too. They’re at the veranda eating dinner. Kwang Soo and Gary is busy grilling the meat. The kids were having their nap inside the villa.

          “So when will be the wedding?...Come on you two…” Jae Suk asked.

          “We’re just getting ready Hyung…” Jong Kook replies.

          “Don’t worry Oppa…We’re already planning it….” Ji Hyo said.

          “We just want a simple wedding…together with the people we love…” Jong Kook said.

          “I’m really happy for the both of you….I’m really hoping that one day you’ll be together…because you two really suit each other…” Suk Jin said.

          “You don’t know how many times we have bet~…” Haha said.

          “Waa Jinja?~…Then who always lose?...” Jong Kook asked and then everyone looks at Suk Jin.

          “He is really a fanatic…He keeps on saying that we’ll see one day…” Gary said.

          “But Hyung is right…Who really knows what happen….” Kwang Soo said.

          “See?...not everything is constant…” Suk Jin smiles.

          Jong Kook smiles naughtily. “Looks like you win the bet now…Give us half Hyung…” he said.

          “Yah~…It’s my win…Aiggoooooo~…” Suk Jin said and everybody laughs.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Seoul, 3PM ~

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo is at a coffee shop. They’re listing things that they should do for the preparation of their wedding.

          “How about we get an event planner?...” Jong Kook suggested.

          “Okay...let’s get one…Let’s look for our clothes to one of my client…She owns a dress shop…”

          “Okay…Let’s go within this week…” he smiles and holds her hand.

          “Happy?...” she asked.

          “Never been happy like this…”

          “Aigoooo~…Ahjussi stop that it makes me cringe…” she smiles.

          After that, they walk at the street. Ji Hyo saw a vendor selling knitted gloves for winter. Then Jong Kook handphone rings, he looks at it and it’s an unknown number. He walks away to Ji Hyo and answers it.

          “Hello…Who is this?...” Jong Kook said.

          “Kkuk kkuk sumora morikara boilla…” Goong Min sings.

          Jong Kook feels so strange. “Who is this??...” he asked again.

          “Kkuk kkuk…sumora…morikara boilla…” Goong Min sings again and again.

          “Yah~!...I’m not joking here…Who the hell are you?~…” he is already pissed off.

          Goong Min smirks. “Like you asked…I…won’t hide…anymore…Kim Jong Kook-ssi…”

          “You’re right…Don’t hide…and face me…You coward…” he challenges him.

          “Ohhh…You frighten me…”

          “Who are you really?!~…”

          “You have a pretty girlfriend there..Jong Kook-ssi…” Goong Min said then.

          Jong Kook turns to Ji Hyo who is currently walking towards him. He turns and looks for Goong Min. He knows his just around the place.

          “I’m warning you…”

          “Kkuk kkuk sumora morikara boilla…” Goong Min sings and hangs up.

          Jong Kook is still looking for him. “Where are you jerk?!...Who are you really?...” he said in his mind.

          “Hey there…I already bought gloves for the two of us…” she said.

          “Ah Ne~…” he said still looking around.

          “Hey…are you okay?...” she asked.

          Jong Kook smiles. “Yes…I’m okay…Let’s go home…” he said.

          Goong Min is hiding on the post at the opposite street. He is looking at the two walking away. “You’ll pay for everything…I swear…I won’t leave you alone just like that…” he said in his mind.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Next day, Mall 3PM ~

          Jong Kook is at a jewelry store. He’s looking for a necklace for Ji Hyo, his wedding gift for her. He’s busy looking then he sees what he wants. The necklace is simple but elegant it has a snowflakes pendant.

          “I want that one…” Jong Kook said and pointed the necklace.

          But also Jin Hyuk said at the same time. “That one…” and pointed the same necklace.

          They look at each other.

          “Hey…It’s you…” Jong Kook said to him. “I saw it first…” he added.

          “Aniyo~…I saw it first actually…I’m already looking at it…” Jin Hyuk responsed, which is true he has been to different stores already but hasn’t find the necklace that will surely suit Hyo Joo and he’s been captivated by it. He really can’t give that up.  

          “Don’t worry Sir, We have stock for that…” the woman said.

          Jong Kook looks at Jin Hyuk then smiles. “Then we will have it…”

          Jin Hyuk just smiles too.

 

~ Watch store ~

          Ji Hyo is also looking for a wrist watch for her wedding gift for Jong Kook. She finds the one but Hyo Joo picks it too.

          “You’re here too…” Ji Hyo smiles at her.

          Hyo Joo also smiles. “Can I get it too?...” she asked referring to the watch.

          “Of course…” she said. “We’ll get two of this…” Ji Hyo said to the woman.

          “Thank you…” Hyo Joo said.

          After buying, the two get out of the store and walks just then they met Jong Kook and Jin Hyuk who’s together too.

          “Jong Kook Oppa~…” Ji Hyo calls him.

          “Hey~…” he said and smiles. Ji Hyo walks towards him and Jong Kook holds her hand. “Hello Jin Hyuk Oppa~…” Ji Hyo greeted him.

          Jin Hyuk smiles. “Aiggoooo this couple jinja~…” he said but then walks towards Hyo Joo and holds her hand too.

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were both flustered. They thought about the gifts they bought.

          “Really??...” Jong Kook said asking.

          Jin Hyuk nodded. “Yes~…we’re currently…dating…”

          “Waaa…that’s awesome…You two really look good together…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Thank you Ji Hyo-ssi…” Hyo Joo said and smiles.

          “Let’s go grab a coffee…” Jong Kook insists and they all go.

 

 

~ Jong Kook’s house, 12 midnight ~

          He opens the canned beer and drinks it in one shot and crumbled it using his hand.

          “Who is that man?...I can’t think of anyone who has grudge on me…He’s really eager to put me down…” he said to himself.

          “I’ll surely find you…I won’t let you hurt anyone around me…especially Ji Hyo…” he thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ 3 days passed ~

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are at the wedding shop to choose for their clothes. He tries 3 sets already and the 4th really fits him. “This looks nice…I’ll choose this…” he said to the woman.

          While Ji Hyo also tries different wedding gowns. Her last try is so beautiful and elegant. The two ladies who are helping her are really amazed by her beauty. The gown really suits her, like it’s really made for her.

          Jong Kook is just sitting at the sofa waiting for her.

          “Here comes the bride…” the woman said and opens the curtain.

          Jong Kook can’t help but stand seeing Ji Hyo. His eyes were full of love. He smiles and walks towards her.

          “How was it?...” Ji Hyo asked him.

          Jong Kook is already in front of her and holds her both hands. “It’s perfect…You’re so beautiful…Yeobo~…” he smiles.

          Ji Hyo just smiles too. “You’re handsome too...You look so good in that suit…Yeobo~…”

          “I’ll take a picture of you…” the woman insists and she takes a picture of them. “Hana Dul Set…” she counted. The two smiles with full happiness they’re really excited for the wedding.

          After that, they bought the chosen clothes and the shop will delivered it to them. Jong Kook is already finished changing his clothes while Ji Hyo is still at the fitting room. Then Jong Kook got a call from the unknown number.

          “It’s him…” Jong Kook said in his mind. He goes out of the shop and answers him.

          “Looks like…someone is getting…married…” Goong Min said.

          Jong Kook then looks around to look for him but still he can’t see him.

          “Stop this…I’m warning you…” Jong Kook said to him.

          “Then let’s stop this…Meet me…I’ll wait for you…” Goong Min said and hangs up. Then Jong Kook receives the address.

          After that, the two goes home. They’re already walking at the hallway to their house. But Jong Kook is still thinking about the man.

          “Hey are you really okay?...” Ji Hyo asked him worriedly.

          “Yes I’m okay…” Jong Kook smiles.

          “Really?...”

          “Jinja…”

          “So…good night then…” Ji Hyo said and will enter her house already but Jong Kook calls her. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said and Ji Hyo turns.

          “Hmmm??...”

          “I love you…and…good night…” he said and kisses her forehead.

          “I love you too Oppa…” she smiles and enters her house.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

          That very night, Jong Kook went to the address he sent. It’s an abandoned factory. Jong Kook enters and sees no one inside. He still walks forward then Goong Min appears behind him.

          “It’s nice to meet you…Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” Goong Min said and smirks.

          Hearing him, Jong Kook turns and looks at him. He don’t know him, he’s sure. “Who are you?...” he said.

          Goong Min nodded. “Well yes of course…you don’t know me…and as you know…I surely know you…because of this name…Park…Soo…Jin…” he said with deep anger.

          “Soo Jin…” Jong Kook said and remembers her.

          “You don’t remember her?...Maybe because of all the woman who comes to your life…”

          “I know her…Is she here now?...Can I talk to her?...”

          Goong Min smirks. “She’s dead…you filthy bastard…”

          Jong Kook got flustered. “But…why are--…” he didn’t finish what he is saying because Goong Min started to talk.

          “You are the very reason my sister is gone now…because you…of all people…don’t have any right to be happy…because you’re just a sick bastard who ruins a life of woman…My sister is so bright and kind…She believes in one true love…then you came…and shattered her into pieces…She’s ruining herself…getting drunk…and still wants to run to you…just to see you…I stop her…but she wouldn’t listen…she’s to blinded by you…and she’s gone…” Goong Min glares at him. “Why did you hurt her like that huh?...Did you not have a rule that you won’t touch someone who isn’t going to play like you do?...” he added with hurt in his voice.

          Jong Kook is also looking at him but every word he said is right. It hurts him like hell. He really did hurt Soo Jin.

          “And now…you’re getting married…” Goong Min laughs with disgust. “No one deserves you..after all you’ve done…The woman you’re getting married isn’t lucky at all…I pity her…because he will end up with a sick cold bastard like you…Haven’t you think about that?...”

          Jong Kook is getting so down with what he heard. He turns his back and walks out of the factory. “He’s right…all he said is right…and who am I…to have someone…just like Ji Hyo…What if I…I don’t anymore…” he said in hi mind.

          Goong Min didn’t stop him and just look at him walking away.

 

~ Jong Kook House ~

          Jong Kook goes home and walks straight to his room. He gets a big bag and packs his clothes also brings some important things he will need. He realizes that he is really not right for Ji Hyo and if he’s around her she will be in danger because he knows that Goong Min will not stop to take revenge to him.

          He closes the door of his house and faces the door of Ji Hyo’s house. He puts his hand into it.”I’m sorry…” he said and leaves. He didn’t take his car.

          He is walking to take a taxi to the bus station when a van stops in front of him and forcely get him in. The man puts a handkerchief inot his nose that makes him sleep.

 

~ Abandoned factory ~

          Jong Kook gets conscious. He opens his eyes and sees the guys who beat him.

          “He’s awake…” the man said.           

          Jong Kook looks around and knows the place. “It’s him again…” he thought.

          “I’ll handle him…” Goong Min said and walks towards Jong Kook. Het gets up and he isn’t tied at all. “So you see…I’m not done yet…I won’t let you go back to her…” Goong Min smiles evily. He is holding a thick wood then he started to hit Jong Kook.

          He falls of the ground and Goong Min hits his right knee. Jong Kook just bites his lips not to shout because the pain is already killing him.