Chapter 3 - Solution

Can I love you?

          She nodded then said. “I’m pregnant Oppa…and you are the Father…”

          Jong Kook gets the glass of juice and drinks it in one go. He started to hiccup. “Can I have another glass?...” Jong Kook said to her. When she didn’t respond immediately, Jong Kook stands up with the glass in his hand. “I’ll ju-st get it…okay…” he stutters. He walks to the fridge and pour juice into his glass. He bottoms it up but he still has his hiccup. His heart is beating abnormally. His mind isn’t running in its normal pace. He already thought that it might happen but when he already confirms it, he doesn’t know what to say.

          “Oppa…just sit here…please…” she said more on a command. She knew him so much. Jong Kook hiccups when his too nervous.

          “Araseo…” he said and takes a deep breath then sits towards her.

          “Oppa…I understand your reaction…we both didn’t expect this…we clearly deal that we will just forget that something happens between us…the reason I didn’t contact you is because I’m thinking…what to say to you…or should I even say it…but you came…Now we really have to deal with this…” she explains.

          “I know what you’re saying…Do you have any plans?...”

          “I’m thinking of your idea…the no commitment thing…look we both didn’t want to marry each other…but we can raise the kid even without living together…” Ji Hyo is really a strong woman. Yes, at first she doesn’t know what to do but this is gift for her. It’s not something that you can rid off. She’s not getting any younger and it’s really a good thing that she’ll have her own child.

          Jong Kook nods. “You’re right about that…let’s just be cool with this…like how we always use to be…” he said and offers his hand for a handshake.

          “Ne~…it’s a deal Oppa…”

          ~~~~~~~~~

          *Next day…*

          9AM, Ji Hyo wakes up and startled with the time. She gets up and goes out of her room.

          “Good Morning Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook smiles. He’s holding a frying pan and wearing an apron. “Breakfast is ready…” he added and put on the plate the omelets.

          “Oppa…what’s with you?...” she asked curious. Jong Kook isn’t the type who cooks but he knows how. There is always a time that guy will just knock on her door and as her to feed him.

          “Yah~…I just want to prepare breakfast…What so wrong about that?...”

          “It’s just not like you…” she said and laughs.

          “Silly~…You woke up late…you always wakes up early…Is your body clock changing?...”

          “I think so…I always feel sleepy lately...Thanks for the food I’m going to eat…” Ji Hyo said and started to eat.

          “I saw your schedule today on your calendar…You have your appointment with the ob gyne I’m going with you…” he said.

          “Okay Oppa…”

          *11AM…Hospital in Tokyo…*

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo enter the room of the Doctor.

          “Good Morning Doctor…” Ji Hyo greeted her. Jong Kook bows too.

          “Good Morning…You’re her husband?...” the Doctor asked.

          “Ahh…Ne~…” Jong Kook is bit flustered, hearing the word husband.

          “That’s good you came with her…Husband should always guide and protect their wife especially while having a baby…” the Doctor smiles.

          “I will Doctor…” he smiles.

          “So how’s your feeling?...Do you feel morning sickness?” she asked her.

          “Not yet…but I’m always sleepy…” Ji Hyo replied.

          “That really happens with pregnant people…Lay down on the bed…We’ll check the babies heartbeat…” the Doctor said then Ji Hyo does it.

          Ji Hyo exposes her tummy and the Doctor puts the machine on her tummy. The Doctor keeps on moving it to looks for the baby.

          “Oh the baby’s here…” she said then volumes up the machine so they can hear it clearly.

          “Is th-at the baby?...the tiny circle there?...” Jong Kook asked. He’s looking at the monitor and he can’t believe it.

          “Yes…and what you’re hearing is his heartbeat…”

          “That little one hearts is beating…just like us…” Ji Hyo said, impressed. She can’t describe what she’s feeling.

          Jong Kook also feels the same way. They were both looking at the monitor, fascinated. Jong Kook holds her hand and smiles at her. Ji Hyo smiles too.

          After that, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were now sitting towards the Doctor.

          “Everything is fine…but you should be more careful...drink your medicines…eat healthy…don’t get tired…and never stress yourself…” the Doctor said.

          “Okay Doctor…Thank you…” Ji Hyo said and they leave.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Still the same day in Japan…already 2:30PM…*

          “4PM I’ll fetch you in your studio…our flight is around 7PM…” Jong Kook said. They’ll go back to Seoul.

          “Okay Oppa…I’ll just check the studio…” she said then leaves.

          *After 45 mintues…Ji Hyo arrives in the studio…*

          Ji Hyo is checking everything in her office. The studio is still running without her. She just go there when she have appointments. Her friend owns it and she let her have his office there and use it if she has a schedule shoots in Japan.

          She is checking her files at the computer when someone knocks.

          “Come in…” she said.

          “Hi…” Jin Hyuk smiles.

          “Oh Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi…What brings you here?...”

          “Ahmm…I actually want to invite you to eat at my restaurant…” he said.

          Ji Hyo looks at her wrist watch and checks the time. “Mianhe Jin Hyuk-ssi…I have my flight later…I’m going back to Seoul…maybe next time…” she said.

          “Is that so?..then next time…that’s for sure…when I go back in Seoul…”

          “Ne~…that’s for sure…”

            “I’ll contact you…I have your card…” he smiles.

          Ji Hyo’s done checking and they both goes out of the studio. They went to the coffee shop beside the studio. The two keep on chatting like they were old friends already. Ji Hyo felt relax with him because he is so nice and kind.

          Then Jong Kook arrives, he told the cab driver to wait for a moment. He alights from the cab and already sees Ji Hyo at the coffee shop. He notices Jin Hyuk. “I never seen him before…” he thought.

          He walks towards them. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said.

          “Oppa…you’re here…He’s Choi Jin Hyuk one of my clients…and he’s my best friend…Kim Jong Kook…” she said.

          The two shakes each other hand. “Please to meet you…” they said at the same time.

          “The cab is waiting…” Jong Kook said.

          “We’re going Jin Hyuk-ssi…” she said.

          “Have a safe trip…don’t forget your promise…” he said and smiles.

          “Ne~…I won’t forget it…Bye…Thank you…” she said and they walk then ride the cab. Jin Hyuk waves his goodbye and Ji Hyo does too.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *2 days passed…*

          1 day before…        

Group chat (Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Gary, Haha and Gwang Soo)

          Jong Kook: Let’s meet at Haha’s restaurant tomorrow…There is something important we need to tell you…

          Ji Hyo: I hope you can come all…See you tomorrow…

          End of chat

          All of them arrive at Haha’s restaurant except for Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.

          “What is the important thing they’re going to say? Do you have any idea?...” Gary asked Haha.

          “I don’t know too Hyung…” he denies but deep inside he’s thinking of something.

          “Maybe they’re going to get married…” Gwang Soo said.

          Jae Suk slaps his face lightly, just for joke. “Babo~…You know that two…they will never think about that…”

          “Here they comes…” Suk Jin said as he sees Ji Hyo and Jong Kook entering the restaurant.

          “Hey there…” Jong Kook greets them then smiles.

          They sat towards them.

          “Can we eat first?...” Ji Hyo asked. She really wants to eat and to also to lessen the tension. As they enter, they all look at them with full of questions. They really want to know already.

          “Sure Ji Hyo-yah…”  Haha said and orders.

          As the food came, they all eat and also have a little talk.

          *After eating…*

          “Come on don’t thrill us you two…what is it?...” Jae Suk asked.

          Ji Hyo and Jong Kook looks at each other then look s at them. “Actually Oppa…” Ji Hyo started then stops. She’s too nervous.

           Jong Kook knows she’s nervous then he said instead. “Ji Hyo is pregnant…and I’m the Father…”

          “WHAT~?!...” all of them shouted at the same time.

          “How?...When?...It’s a joke right?...” Gary said.

          “No it’s not Oppa…” Ji Hyo replied.

          “It just happens…we don’t even remember how…” Jong Kook said.

          “Then what is your plan now?...It’s a baby…” Suk Jin said.

          “We’ll have the baby…raise him…but without marriage…” Jong Kook said.

          “Yah~…Do you think that’s a good idea?...I think you should get married…” Jae Suk said.

          “Oppa…We won’t marry each other…You know us…We can do it…We know each other for so long…We can handle everything…” Ji Hyo said.

          “If that’s your decision…” Haha said. No one can stop them when they decided.

          “We’re just hoping for you support with this…We’re family and you must know about this…” Jong Kook said.

          “We understand Hyung…and thank you for telling us…you’ll always have our support…” Gary said.

          “That’s right Hyung…we’re a family after all…” Gwang Soo smiles.

          “Thank you…” Ji Hyo smiles at them.

          “If you have any questions pregnancy you can ask our wives with that…” Jae Suk said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *That same day…8PM…Ji Hyo’s house…*

          The two is sitting at the sofa while watching a movie that makes Ji Hyo realizes something.

          “Oppa…What if someone comes in your life?...What will happen to us then?...I’m just thinking someday of course you’ll marry someone else…also goes to me…” Ji Hyo asked.

          “You have a point there…?...” he just said, thinking.

          “This won’t do…we need an agreement…a contract…” Ji Hyo said and stands up and gets a paper and pen.

          “A contract?...”

          “Ne~…something that will remind us what we should do or capable of doing…okay…number 1…hmmmm…the baby always comes first…” she said then writes.

          “Of course…I agree with that…”

          “Number 2…we will be both financially devoted for the baby…”

          “Hey why both?...I can do that…I’m the man here…” he complains.

          “Oppa..I know you can…I’m not belittling you…it’s just I want to have my share too…it’s our baby…”

          “Okay if that’ what you want…”

          “Number 3…We will take turns on taking care of the baby…How a chart for that?...”

          “Approve…”

          “Number 4…We will be okay if we’ll be in a relationship with other individual or eventually get married…”

          “Add there that the other individual should accept the fact of having the baby if not then it’s a big no…” he said.

          “Okay…I agree with that…” she said then writes. “Number 5…hmmmm….” she’s thinking.

          “Just leave it a blank…We can add something there someday…”

          “Okay…sign Oppa…” she said and Jong Kook signs, also goes to her.