Chapter 20 - Rest of my life

Can I love you?

          Ji Hyo’s tears started to fall from her eyes seeing Jong Kook’s leg. She walks towards him and hugs him.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said and holds Ji Hyo’s shoulders then now they’re looking at each other. Her tears were still flowing from her eyes. Jong Kook lifts his hands and wipes her tears.

          “Oppa~…” she said.

          “You shouldn’t look for me…You sholdn’t…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo shakes her head. “Everywhere you go…I…will…always look for you...” she said with painful smile.

          “But please Ji Hyo-yah…Leave me…I won’t go back anymore….” he said. “I killed our baby…” he thought.

          “I won’t leave….I don’t want too…”  

          “Please…” he pleaded but his telling how much he misses her. “Please Ji Hyo-yah…”

          “Why Oppa?...Why are you pushing me away?...When all I can see in your eyes is the same longing I have…”

          Jong Kook looks down. “Because…beca—use…I…” he stops.

          Ji Hyo cups his face and they look at each other. “I know everything Oppa…”

          Then Jong Kook tears started to fall. He cried like a little child. Ji Hyo hugs him tightly and pats his back.

          “I’m so—rry…I’m rea—lly sor—ry…Our baby…is gone because of me…” he said.

          “It’s not your fault…”

          “It is…That’s why…I’m walking away Ji Hyo-yah…” he said. Ji Hyo looks at him. “I won’t change my mind…” he said and wipes his tears.

          “Oppa…everything is okay now…He is caught already…”

          “It’s not that…You don’t get it…”

          “Then what is it?...”

          “I’m not right for you…Ji Hyo-yah…You don’t deserve someone like me…” he said with hurt in his eyes. “How can someone like me be with you?...You deserve more better…someone much better…and it’s not me…” he thought.

          Just then Ji Hyo slaps his face. “There’s no thing like that…because I….I love you so much…and it hurts me…that you’re giving up everything…I didn’t stop…fighting for us…I’m getting tired too…When it will be you?...When will you fight for us?...for our babies…” Ji hyo’s tears fall from her eyes.

          “Babies?...” Jong Kook said curiously.

          Ji Hyo holds her tummy. “Our babies…Triplets…Will you fight for us?...” she smiles a bit.

          A tear fall from Jong Kook eye, then smiles to her and bridges the gap and kisses her forehead. He’s overwhelmed.

          “I will fight for us…and I will make sure I will always win…I’m sorry…for being a coward…I miss you so much….” he said and hugs her. “I love you…always…” he whisper to her ears and kisses it.

          “I love you too…and don’t you dare disappear like that again…You make me crazy worried…” she smiles and hits his chest.

          Jong Kook smiles and hugs her tightly. “I will never do that…and it’s a promise…I’m sorry…You don’t know how much I miss you Ji Hyo-yah…There’s not a day when I didn’t think about you…” he said.

          “Babo~…I miss you too…” she said and hugs him tightly too.

 

~ Next day ~

          Jong Kook packs his things and ready to leave.

          “Ji Won-ssi…Thank you for everything…” Jong Kook said.

          “You’re welcome Jong Kook-ssi…and I will always pray for your happiness with Ji Hyo-ssi…” Ji Won said and smiles.

          “Thank you Ji Won-ssi…” Ji Hyo said and hugs her. She felt so warm to her because she’s so kind.

          “We’ll meet again…go to our wedding…Don’t forget…” Jong Kook said.

          “Ne~…”

          “Then we’ll be going…” he said and they left.

 

~ Haha’s Restaurant ~

 

          As they arrive at Seoul, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo goes straight to the restaurant. Their friends were waiting for them. As Jong Kook enters, Haha and Gwang Soo immediately run to him and hug him.

          “Yah~…Aren’t you being too sweet?...” Jong Kook protests and smiles.

          “Hyung~…I miss you…” Haha said.

          “Me too Hyung…Please don’t do that…” Gwang Soo said.

          “Let him seat you two…” Gary said seeing Jong Kook in crutches.

          He seat and put his crutches beside him. “I’m so sorry…for making you so worried…Jinja Mianhe~…” he sincerely apologizes.

          “You really should be…” Suk Jin said.

          “And you’re forgetting something…You’re not alone…You have us…” Jae Suk said.

          “Thank you...always…” he said to them.

          Ji Hyo went out to help Go Eun who is currently cooking.

          “Why did you left?...That crazy man blames you for the death of his sister…when it’s been an accident…” Jae Suk asked.

          “He will hurt Ji Hyo too if I didn’t…and…he makes me feel a horrible person…because he kills my baby just to revenge for what I did…” Jong Kook said.

          “We understand you…We’re thankful too…You’re now here and safe…” Jae Suk said.

          “I’m lucky…I’m still alive…He almost kill me…but I want to meet him…I really need to talk to him…” Jong Kook said.

          “But Hyung…you shouldn’t meet him anymore…That jerk…” Haha said.

          “There’s something I really want to say to him…something he forgot…” Jong Kook said.

 

~~~~~~~~~

~ Flashback 4 years ago, when Jong Kook meets Soo Jin ~

 

          Bar, 12 mindnight, Jong Kook is a bit drunk and he walks to the comfort room. Then he sees Soo Jin. She just got out from the girl’s rest room. He smiles playfully to her. Soo Jin ignores him and walk but Jong Kook puts his hand to the wall that makes her stop.

          “You’re really pretty…What is your name?...” he said and smiles.

          “You don’t need to know…” she refuses and started to walk away but then Jong Kook grabs her hand, pull her and kiss her lips.

          Soo Jin pushes him away and slaps his face.

          “ert~!...” she shouted and walk away.

 

~ 3 days after ~

 

          They accidentally meet again at the street. Soo Jin is walking but suddenly she stumbles and sprain her right feet.

          “Get on…You can’t walk like that…” Jong Kook said and offers his back.

          Soo Jin can’t say anything else then she rides on his back.

          Then after that day, they started to go out. Soo Jin finds herself slowly falling in love with him but Jong Kook doesn’t. He only dates women to have fun. He don’t take relationship seriously.

          One day, they were at Jong Kook’s car. His car parked at Han River. The two were kissing each other passionately and Jong Kook hands started to move to her chest but as Soo Jin felt his hand she stop.

          “I can’t do this…” she said.

          Jong Kook was just silent. His excitement falls down.

          “So you’re…?...” he said but looking at her. He knows already the answer.

          Soo Jin nodded. “I promise myself that I will only give it when I get married…” she said shyly. “And I won’t let my brother down…he trust me so much…”

          “You were really close?...”

          “Ne~…He is the only family I had…and I’m so happy and proud to have him…I am not who I am because of him…and whatever happens I will always love him…” Soo Jin said and smiles.

          But after that Jong Kook never see Soo Jin again. He only say goodbye by calling her.

          Soo Jin can’t accept it that’s why he went to a bar where he is. Jong Kook is currently with some girl.

          “Jong Kook Oppa…” Soo Jin said.

          “Soo Jin-ah…Why are you here?...”

          “I want to talk to you…” she said and they go out of the bar.

          “What i---…” Jong Kook didn’t finish what he is saying. Soo Jin slaps him.

          “I thought you’re the one…but….but….” Soo Jin said crying.

          “But I’m not…This is me Soo Jin-ah…I’m clear with what I said…We’re done…” he said and leaves jus tlike that. Soo Jin was left broken.

 

~ End of Flashback ~

 

~ Seoul Prison ~

          Jong Kook and Goong Min is facing each other but with a division of glass. Goong Min glares at him.

          “You should have died…” he said.

          “You should have really kill me…” Jong Kook said looking straight to his eyes.

          Goong Min stays silent.

          “I admit I hurt Soo Jin…and I’m really a bastard…I know that…that’s why I stop early…” Jong Kook explains.

          “You shouldn’t have started it at all…” Goong Min said.

          “Sorry won’t solve anything…right?...but I sincerely apologizes for hurting her…for everything…” Jong Kook said sincerely.

          Goong Min didn’t say anything and just looks at him.

          “Soo Jin said to me…how happy and proud she is to have you as her brother…and that...she will always love you…no matter what…” Jong Kook said and leaves.

          Goong Min tears started to fall. “Mianhe~…Mianhe~…Soo Jin-ah…Oppa Mianhe~…” he cries.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

          It’s the day to remove tha cast at Jong Kook’s right leg. Ji Hyo accompanied him to the hospital also she have check up for their babies.

          They first went to Jong Kook’s Doctor. They remove his cast and the Doctor examines his leg. They take xray too.

          The doctor is looking at his xray result. “You’re really lucky…look like the healing is really good...”

          “Really Doc?...” Jong Kook said and smiles.

          “Ne~…No more medication needed…Wear knee supporter for 1 month though...It’s still healing…don’t overwork it…and you need to do some therapy exercise…You can do it yourself…” the Doctor said.

          “Thank you…that’s a good news…I’m already sulking about my crutches…I don’t want to walk in the aisle using it…” Jong Kook said and holds Ji Hyo’s hand.

          “Aigooo~…Lukily you won’t be needing it…Congratulations…” the Doctor said.

          After that, they went to the ob gyne.

          Ji Hyo underwent ultrasound. They both look at the monitor. Her tummy is still not obvious. Their babies are 3 months old now.

          The heartbeat was so loud because its 3 heart beat their hearing.

          They can’t help but smile. Jong Kook tears started to fall.

          “I’m sorry for being too emotional…I’m just so happy…” he said.

          Ji Hyo smiles and wipes his tears.

          “My babies…” Jong Kook smiles looking at the monitor and then he kisses Ji Hyo’s forehead.

 

~ The Garden of Morning Calm, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi Province ~

 

          The two decide to have a picnic. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo walks holding each others hand in the garden.

          “It’s really beautiful here…” Ji Hyo smiles.

          “You’re more beautiful…” Jong Kook said.

          “Yah~! Oppa…Don’t use your playboy lines to me…” she nags.

          “Aiggoooo…Excuse me Agassi…Im not playboy anymore…and I’m just…telling the truth…Why are you becoming more pretty everyday?...” he smiles.

          She hits his arm. “Jinja~!...Stop it…” she laughs.

          Jong Kook interlocks his hands to hers. “I so love you Ji Hyo-yah…You know that right?...” he said looking at her.

          “Of course…and you know I love you so much too…”

          Jong Kook smiles sweetly and touches her face with his left hand. His right hand removes the strand of her in her face. He kisses her forehead, nose and planted a soft sweet kiss to her lips.

          “Saranghae…” he said.


~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ 2 weeks passed, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s wedding day ~

 

          Everyone is gathered to the special event.

          “Finally…this will happen…” Gwang Soo said crying.

          “Aigooo….stop it…” Haha said.

          “I just can’t help it…I’m just so happy for them…” Gwang Soo said.

          “We all are…” Gary said looking at Jong Kook who is currently waiting for her bride to come in.

          “Bride…will now enter…” Jae Suk said. He is the MC for their wedding.

          The door opens and Ji Hyo walks in. Jong Kook keeps on smiling and stares at her. Ji Hyo is so beautiful with her simple but elegant dress. Her hair is curl down and flower crown is on her head.

          She smiles so sweetly looking at her groom and walks to him. Their friends can’t help but get teary eyes looking at them even Jae Suk who is MCing.

          Jong Kook tears fall same to Ji Hyo. He wipes her tears and Ji Hyo does the same to him. She holds her arms and they face the altar.

          “And now…they will say their vow and wear their rings…” Jae Suk said.

          The two faces each other. They look at each others eyes.

          “I, Kim Jong Kook, from this day forward give you my life, my heart, my soul…and I will always love you…until eternity…” he said sincerely and puts the ring into her finger.

          “I, Song Ji Hyo, from this day forward give you my life, my heart, my soul…and I will always love you…until eternity…” she said sincerely and puts the ring into his finger.

          “Let’s now welcome the newly married…Congratuations~!...” Jae Suk said and everyone claps and cheers for them.

          “Kiss….Kiss….Kiss…” everyone said.

          Jong Kook bridges the gap and kisses her.

          The ceremony continues Gwang Soo, Gary, Haha, Suk Jin and Jae Suk prepare a performance for them. After theire performance, Jong Kook prepares a song for Ji Hyo.

          The piano started to play and he started to sing looking at her.

 

"Rest Of My Life"
by Bruno Mars

 

Everyday I wake up next to an angel
More beautiful than words could say
They said it wouldn't work but what did they know?
'Cause years have passed and we're still here today

Never in my dreams did I think that this would happen to me

 

            Jong Kook slowly walks towards her and holds her hand.

 

As I stand here before my woman
I can't fight back the tears in my eyes
Oh, how could I be so lucky
I must've done something right
And I promise to love her for the rest of my life

Seems like yesterday when she first said "hello"
Funny how time flies when you're in love
It took us a lifetime to find each other
It was worth the wait 'cause I finally found the one

Never in my dreams did I think that this would happen to me

As I stand here before my woman
I can't fight back the tears in my eyes
Oh how could I be so lucky
I must've done something right
And I promise to love her for the rest of my life

 

 

          The two smile at each other.

          “Saranghae…” Jong Kook said.

          “Saranghae…” Ji Hyo said.

          Jong Kook slowly moves his head and plated a soft sweet kiss to her.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First is that I'm sorry for super late update...Thank you for still supporting....
The next chapter will be the last...
Thank you readers for always finding time to read my story....until next time...
Jinja Kamsahmnida...SPARTACE Fighting~!
*small heart* (bow) ^_^