Chapter 10 - The Past

Can I love you?

         “Goodbye my first love…Jong Kook Oppa…” she said in her mind.

          Ji Hyo smiles bitterly.

~ Flashback 2 days before Ji Hyo leaves…~

After she’s decided to go with Jin Hyuk. She organizes her things. Then she saw her memory box in the corner of her cabinet. She opens it and sees her memorable things inside. One thing she notices, everything inside the box is given by Jong Kook. She gets the letter and opens it then reads it.

          Oppa, it’s me Ji Hyo…Don’t be surprise…because I don’t know too…but I think I’m falling in love with you…in unexplainable circumstances…I started to look at you in a different way…You’re my first love…and I’m happy because it’s you…

          Her tears fall. “Why did I forget about it?...My feelings for him…” she said to herself then she remembers what happen.

 

~ Flashback (when Ji Hyo was still 15 years old…) ~

          Ji Hyo is walking then suddenly she stumbles and sprained her right foot. She can’t walk. It hurts her. She looks at the road. “Aigooo Ji Hyo-yah…Why are you so clumsy?...It’s only three streets away from home…” she said and sighs.

          Just then Jong Kook kneels down in front of her offering his back to her.

          “Get on…Don’t force it will swell more…” he said and smiles.

          She gets on his back and Jong Kook started to walk. Ji Hyo didn’t know but her heart keeps on beating abnormally. He always carried her when there still kids but today it’s not the same.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…You’re lucky I passed by…”

          After walking, they arrive at her home, he brings her down and checks her feet.

          “You should be careful Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook is still busy looking at her feet.

          Ji Hyo looks at him. “I must be crazy Oppa…Why do I feel this way towards you?...but I know it’s right…I really like you Jong Kook Oppa…” she said in her mind.

          After 3 days, Ji Hyo finally got the courage to give the letter she wrote for him, her confession. She waits at the store. She knows Jong Kook goes home by that time after basketball practice. That’s the street he’ll passed by.

          Ji Hyo finally sees him but to her surprise Jong Kook is a girl and he’s holding her hand.

          “Oh..Ji Hyo-yah…Why are you here?...Are you going to buy something?...” Jong Kook asked her.

          She puts her letter into her pocket. “Ah..Ne~ Oppa…”

          “I forgot…Ji Hyo-yah…She’s my girlfriend…and she’s Ji Hyo my best friend…the sister I never had…” he introduces them.

          “Annyonghaseyo~…then I’m going to buy to the store…” Ji Hyo said and gets inside the store even though she’s not going to buy.

          Jong Kook and the girl leaves.

          Her first heart break and it wakes her up to her illusions. “He’s like that to you because you’re a friend and a sister to him…I’m so foolish…Oppa will never look at me like the way he looks at her…That’s right…Forget about your feelings…it’s nothing…it’s not true…He will always be your best friend…and a brother you never had…Let’s forget it Ji Hyo-yah…Araseo?...” she thought.

~ End of Flashback ~

~~~~~~~~~~

~ Flashback, a day before Ji Hyo leaves… ~

          ~ Coffee Shop… ~

                   Haha, Go Eun and Ji Hyo is sitting. The two sits towards Ji Hyo.

                    “Are you sure about this Ji Hyo-yah?...You shouldn’t go…” Haha said.

                   “Ne Oppa~…and I admit it…It’s really my fault why our baby is gone…I should’ve just listen to him to not go…but I still insists…If I didn’t go…my baby will still be here…” she said hurt.

                    “It’s not your fault Ji Hyo-yah…Nobody wants this to happen…Please don’t blame yourself…Hyung is not in his right mind when he said that…He’s just hurt too…” Haha said.

                    “Ani Oppa~…He will never forgive me…I know him well..That anger…that will never fade…”

                    “But Ji Hyo-yah…Are you going to be okay away?...We’re just really worried about you…and we’ll miss you…” Go Eun said.

                    “I’ll be okay…Don’t worry…and I also need to get away…I hope you understand…”

                   “If that’s what you really want..but always message us…Araseo?...” Go Eun said.

                   She nodded and smiles a bit.

~ End of Flashback ~

~~~~~~~~~

~ The day Ji Hyo will leave… ~

          Hyo Joo and Jong Kook is at Han River walking hand in hand. They sat on the empty bench. Jong Kook is still sad because of what happen. Hyo Joo knows Ji Hyo will leave the country because of Jin Hyuk. “Does he know?...” Hyo Joo said in her mind.

          “I didn’t get to see her…” Jong Kook said suddenly. Hyo Joo looks at him. “He knew…” she thought.

          “I even didn’t get to see how my baby will look…and it hurts…I already imagined that I‘ll have a daughter…and she’ll call me Appa…” he said looking at the fountain.

          Hyo Joo just holds his hand tightly to comfort him.

          “Oppa…Do you know?...” she already asked.

          “What is it?...”

          “That Ji Hyo-ssi will leave the country today…”

          Jong Kook just looks at her and didn’t say a thing.

          “Oppa…”

          “Let’s not talk about her…Please…” he said.

          “But Oppa how long will you resent her?...I’m afraid..that as you feel that way to her…You’ll slowly know how much you love her…I can’t see the happiness in your eyes anymore…The Jong Kook I know is slowly fading away…” Hyo Joo thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ 5 months later... ~

          12 midnight, Jong Kook is already drunk. He’s walking on the streets wobbly. Just then a group of men blocks his way.

          He looks at them. “Get out of my way…” he said.

          The six men just smirk at him. “Then try your best to get us away…” the man said.

          “Aissh~…Jinja~!...” Jong Kook said with anger and attacks the man. He punches him that makes him fall on the ground. But then the other attacks him. They kick and punch him. Jong Kook falls on the ground beaten. He can’t even stand.

          “That’s what to happen to someone like you…jerk!...” the man said.

          Nam Goong Min walks towards them and looks at Jong Kook. Then he gives an envelope with money inside to the man. The six men leave after that.

          Min smirks. “That’s what you really deserve Jong Kook-ssi…” he said and leaves.

          ~ Hospital, 10AM ~

          Jong Kook get his consciousness back. His whole body aches then he remembers what happen.

          “Hyung…you’re awake…” Dong Hae said. He’s really worried. “I told you to not drink alone…”

          “Mian~…” he just said.

          “Please tell me what’s wrong Hyung…so that I can understand you…Please…” Dong Hae said. His Hyung has been like that for 3 months. He always wants to be alone. He doesn’t talk about anything to him.

          “I’m sorry Dong Hae-yah…to make you worried like this…but…I also don’t understand myself anymore…” Jong Kook said.

~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 1 year later, Incheon Airport… ~

          “It’s good to be back…” Ji Hyo said. She gets her luggage and walks outside. “Where is Haha Oppa and Go Eun?...” she said in her mind.

          She gets her handphone and calls Haha. “Oppa…I’m here already…Where are you?...” she asked.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…Jinja Mianhe~…I didn’t get the chance to send you message earlier…Go Eun will give birth today…We’re so surprise…Mian~…I know we promise you…”

          “Jinja??~…It’s okay Oppa…just be on her side…I’m going there…”

          “I already send someone to pick you…Then see you later…” he said and hangs up.

          “Someone?...but where?...” she said.

          “Song Ji Hyo…” a familiar voice calls her.

          She turns and looks at where the voice is coming from. She’s right. It is him Kim Jong Kook. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mianhe for tooking so long to update...currently busy...
Thank you for reading. ^_^