Chapter 19 - Finding him

Can I love you?

          Ji Hyo slaps him hard. “Where is he? You ~!...” she shouted.

          Goong Min just smirks at her. Ji Hyo got really mad. “TELL ME!! WHERE IS HE!??!!!...” she shouted. The three outside hears her and runs inside the room.

          “What’s going on?...Calm down Ji Hyo-yah…” Jae Suk said to her.

          “Noona…Wae? What did he do?...” Gwang Soo said.

          “He knows…he knows where Jong Kook Oppa is…He did something to him…” Ji Hyo said already crying.

          Haha then grabs Goong Min’s collar and punches him. “Where is he?!...” he shouted.

          The police came in. “Everyone please calm down…”

          “You should let him talk…We need to find Jong Kook Oppa…” Ji Hyo said.

          “We will investigate him…Don’t worry…” the police said and they all went out of the room.

 

~ Ji Hyo’s house ~

          The three brings her home to rest.

          “We need to find him immediately Oppa…the man said terrible thing…I’m really worried about him…” she said.

          “We’ll help to find him…Just rest for now Ji Hyo-yah…” Haha said.

          “That man is crazy…” Gwang Soo said.

          “He really is…I hope Jong Kook is just okay…” Jae Suk said worriedly.

          “I really hope too Oppa…but knowing that man even kills my baby for revenge…I can’t help but think what would happen to Jong Kook Oppa…he also said that he’s really gone in this world…” Ji Hyo said and tears were already forming in her eyes.

          “Hyung isn’t weak Noona…We all know that…He’s fine…and we will find him…” Gwang Soo said.

          “He’s right Ji Hyo-yah…It’s Kim Jong Kook we’re talking…” Haha said.

          “For now…you should rest…and we’ll look for him…” Jae Suk said and they all go.

 

~ Restaurant ~

 

          Jae Suk, Haha, Gary, Suk Jin, Gwang Soo and Donghae meet up.

          “That crazy man is in jail now…but first we need to find the bad guys who beat Jong Kook before…I know they’re connected to him…” Jae Suk said.

          “You’re right Hyung…it’s for sure they know what happen…” Gary said.

          “I know where to find them…” Donghae said.

          “We’ll surely catch them…Jong Kook Hyung needs us…” Gwang Soo said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Gangwon Hospital, Wonju ~

          Jong Kook’s right knees down to his leg were casted. He’s using crutches too.

          “You’re knee needs to be casted for 6 weeks…it was dislocated and the muscles were too swollen…You’re still lucky because with what happen…your right knee might paralyse…You found a good Doctor and he really saves you…” the Doctor said to him.

          “That’s why I’m so thankful to him, Doc…and also to you…” Jong Kook said.

          “Please be more careful…you should let it rest for it to be healed properly…Come back here on the 3rd week…I’ll just give you pain relievers and anti biotics…”

          “Okay, Doc…” he said and leaves the hospital.

          Jong Kook went to the bus terminal and rides a bus going to Yangyang (still in Gangwon Province).

          “Ahjussi…I’ll also pay for the seat next to me…” he said.

          “Okay…” the man said.

          Jong Kook puts his crutches next to him also his bag. The bus is already full and it is about to go when a woman rushing knocks on the door. The driver opens it.

          “Thank you Ahjussi…” she said.

          “But it’s already full…” the driver said.

          “I really need to get to Yangyang…” she murmurs to herself. Then she saw the vacant seat next to Jong Kook. “There’s still vacant seat…” she said to the driver.

          “Aniyo~…He already paid for it too…”

          She faces Jong Kook and smiles. “Is it okay…if I’ll just pay you for this seat…I’m in a bit rush…I really need to get to Yangyang…I can’t wait for the next bus…Please…”

          Jong Kook just nodded and gets his crutches and bag. He puts his crutches at the side of him and put his bag on his lap.

          “Thank you….Thank you so much…” the woman said. “I’m sorry for the inconvenience everyone…Thank you…” she bows to everyone then sits next to Jong Kook.

          Jong Kook looks outside the window as the bus travels.

          Then the woman talks to him.

          “Hi…” she said.

          Jong Kook turns to her and slightly bows his head.

          “Ha Ji Won…” she said pointing at herself. “And you are?...”

          “Kim Jong Kook…” he replies with his straight face.

          “Thank you really for letting me sit here…The horse really needs this medicine…that’s why I really need to hurry and get home…” she said and smiles.

          Jong Kook looks at her without telling a word. He gave her a look that telling her he doesn’t want to talk.

          Ji Won gives a peace sign and shuts up.

          After 40 minutes, they arrived at Yangyang. Ji Won thaked him again before alighting the bus. Jong Kook also goes down then looks at the unknown place to him. He first finds a place to eat.

           Ji Won took a glance at him and rides her bicycle she parks from one of the stores.

          “Thank you, Ahjussi…” she said.

          “Aigoooo…It’s nothing…Go on Ji Won-ah…” the Ahjussi said and waved his goodbye to her.

          The time passes just like that and it’s already 6 in the evening. Jong Kook is still looking for a place to stay but he can’t still find one. He sits for a while to rest. Ji Won who is riding her bicycle sees him and stops.

          “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” she said still having her bright smile.

          Jong Kook looks at her. Ji Won is a bright woman with her hair braided in two like goldilocks.

          “Why are you there?...Aren’t you going somewhere?...It’s getting dark already…You can’t stay out here…Are you lost?...”  she said.

          Jong Kook shakes his head. “Aniyo~…I’m looking for a place to rent…but looks like…there’s no available…I’m just resting…” he replies.

          “Get on…I know a place where you can stay…” she said and and gets Jong Kook’s bag and put it in the basket in front of her bike. “Don’t worry…I’m a good driver…I won’t let you fall…” she smiles.

          Jong Kook gets on her bike at the back.

          “Let’s go~!...” Ji Won shouted and they headed to the place.

           They arrived at the place. It’s a small Korean style house.

          “How do you think?...It’s my house…I’m renting the one room…I’m already an orphan…I’m staying on the other room…The toilet is at the back…and the kitchen also is separate…” she explains.

          “How much?...” he asked.

          “50,000 won…” she said.

          “500,000 won…include the food too…” he said.

          “But that’s too much…” she exclaims.

          “Don’t argue…that’s just enough…Thank you for finding place for me…” he said and smiles a bit.

          “You’re welcome…” Ji Won smiles at him.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

           All of the boys plan to capture the gang. They were all in the car.

          “Is that them?...” Jae Suk asked. They were watching the gang who were currently drinking soju at the streets.

          “Ne~ Hyung…” Donghae said.

          “Gwang Soo-yah…Don’t make a mistake..ok?...” Haha said.

          “I won’t…I promise…” Gwang Soo said but he’s already trembling from nervouseness.

          “Don’t worry…We got the police back…” Suk Jin said.

          “Let’s go…Gwang Soo…” Gary said and they alight from the car.

          The two went to the snack bar. They acted a bit drunk already.

          “Ahjumma~…2 sojus here…” Gwang Soo said.

          The two started to drink. Then Gwang Soo laughs so hard and points one man at the gang. Gary looks at them too also laughs. The gang notices they were making fun of them. They all stands up and gets near the two.

          “What is funny?...” the guys asked.

          “Just…” Gwang Soo said then laughs again.

          The man gets irritated and kicks there table. “You don’t know who you’re messing with…”

          Gary then stands up. “Really?...” he said then gives him a hard punch in his face. It started a fight. Gwang Soo also kicks one of them. When everything is already a messed, the police came running and arrested all of them including Gwang Soo and Gary. They went to the police office. The others were already there.

          The handcuffs in Gwang Soo and Gary were release. The gang will protests but as they see Donghae they freeze from there positions.

          “Good job Hyung…” Donghae said to Gwang Soo and Gary then looks at the gang they can’t even meet his eyes. “Looks like you know why you are…” Donghae added.

          The gang was put into question and they didn’t make it hard to the police. They tell every single thing about what happen.

          “He paid us to beat him…that’s why we always waits for him…he knows his where abouts…but when the last time we tried to beat him he fights back…that’s after the man decided to kidnap him…we bring him to an abandoned factory near Hangang River…We didn’t do anything…but the guy beats him...he can’t fight back because his hand and feet were tied…He beats him hard…enough to make him ot walk again…” the man explains.

          “Then where is he?...” the police asks.

          “We don’t know…We left him there…after that…we don’t know what happen…He never contacted us again….”

          “Is the man your talking about is him?...” the police asks showing the monitor of the computer where Goong Min appears. He is currently on the other room.

          “Ne~…That’s him…” he said.

          Hearing the story, Jae Suk immediately gets out of the room where you can here the interrogation and went in to meet Goong Min. Haha ang Gary follows him.

          Jae Suk who is always calm grabs Goong Min and punches him hard enough to have a blood on his left lip. Jae Suk will kick him too but luckily Haha and Gary stop him. “Hyung~ Calm down…” Gary said.

          “You evil wrench~!...You think…your sister will be happy…by what you did…You’re so wrong…She…won’t even notice…a monster like you…” Jae Suk said to him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ 3 weeks passed… ~

          Jin Hyuk is currently at Wonju meeting a friend of him about business. After there meeting, he went to the market to buy something for Hyo Joo. He is waiting for the ‘Go’ signal to cross the street but then he saw Jong Kook on the other side of the street. He thought his just having a delusion but he looks at him again. He’s right it’s Kim Jong Kook with his right leg casted and using crutches. As the ‘Go’ signal lights on, Jin Hyuk immediately cross the street and follows him.

          Jong Kook with Ji Won went to the terminal and rides a bus to Yangyang. He had a check up at the hospital and Ji Won went to buy something. The bus leaves then. Jin Hyuk didn’t catch him but he sees him riding the bus.

          “What’s going on?...I thought they’re getting married…What happen?...” Jin Hyuk said.

 

~ Seoul ~

 

          Jin Hyuk goes to Ji Hyo’s studio but she’s not there so he went to her house. Ji Hyo opens her door and let him in. She looks exhausted and sad.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…Is there something wrong?...I didn’t get to here you last few weeks…” Jin Hyuk asked. He must know first what’s going on. He saw that there is a woman with Jong Kook earlier.

          “The truth is…Jong Kook Oppa is missing…there’s a guy who almost killed him…and we don’t know where is him…We already search every hospitals here in Seoul…but we can’t find him…I’m so worried…” she explains.

          “Actually Ji Hyo-yah…I’ve been to Wonju earlier…and I thought I’m being delusional…but I saw Kim Jong Kook there…” he said.

          “Really?...Are you sure it’s him?...” she asks with excitement.

          “It’s him…I follow him but the bus already leaves…I think he’s in Yangyang…”

          Ji Hyo’s tears started to fall. “Thank you…I’ll be going then…” she said and immediately gets her things.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Yangyang, 5PM ~

          Ji Hyo arrives safely. She went to the store and show him a picture of Jong Kook form her phone. “Have you seen this guy, Ahjussi?...” she asked.

          “I didn’t see him…I’m sorry…” he said.

          Ji Won who is getting her bicycle. Ji Hyo walks towards her and shows his picture. “Have you seen him?...” she asked.

          “Oh~…Do you know him?...” Ji Won asked.

          “Ne~…” she nodded. “I’m looking for him…Do you know where he is?...” she added.

          “Yes…I know where he is…Get on…I’ll give you a ride…” she said and Ji Hyo rides at her back.

          They arrive at Ji Won house.

          “I’m here…” Ji Won shouted.

          Then Jong Kook gets out of the kitchen. “What took you so long?...” he said and stops seeing Ji Hyo.

          “Someone’s looking for you…so I bring her here…” Ji Won said.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said and looks at her intentnly.

          Ji Won felt they need to be alone so she went to her bike again. “I forgot something…I’ll be going…” she said and leaves.

          Ji Hyo’s tears started to fall from her eyes seeing Jong Kook’s leg. She walks towards him and hugs him.