Chapter 12 - Apology

Can I love you?

          “Am I too late?...Ji Hyo-yah…” he said in his mind.

          Jong Kook turns his back and walks away. Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk go to her home. Jong Kook sits on the bench at the park. He looks at the tangerines inside the paper bag. “Should I still give it to her?...I can’t even go near her…Aissh~” he talks to himself.

          “Ahjussi~…” Haru calls him. She’s his neighbor. She lives same floor as him.

          “Oh Haru-yah…Annyong~…Who’s with you?...” he smiles.

          “Eomma…She’s just talking to someone…” she said and points where her Mother is. “Ahjussi~…Why are you talking to yourself?...” she asked.

          “Nothing~…Ahmm Haru-yah can you help me?...I’ll buy you an ice cream…” he said.

          Haru nodded. “Ne~…” she smiles.

          “I’ll just treat her something…I’ll bring her home…” Jong Kook said to Haru’s Mother. Their close already, he always treats Haru. After losing his baby, he’s really fond of kids.

 

          “Araseoyo~…Be safe then…” Haru’s Mother said.

          Jong Kook and Haru enter the building and goes up to their floor. They got out of the elevator.

          “Haru-yah give this tangerines to the woman living in front of my house…Don’t say anything about who gave it…Okay?...”

          “Okay~…” Haru said and goes to Ji Hyo’s home. Jong Kook hides himself.

          Ji Hyo opens her house. “Hi~…” she smiles seeing Haru. “What can I do for you?...” she asked.

          Haru gives her the tangerines. “This is for you…”

          Ji Hyo gets in and looks at it. “Thank you~…”

          Haru just bows and runs away.

          “Wait~…Who gave this?...” Ji Hyo said but Haru didn’t hear it anymore. Ji Hyo just enter her house.

          “Mission accomplished~…” Haru thumbs up.

          “Good job~…Let’s go for an ice cream…”

          The two goes down and went to the nearest convenience store. They sat on the chairs in one corner and eats ice cream.

          “You like her Ahjussi~…” Haru said.

          Jong Kook almost spit out the ice cream in his mouth. “Yah~ you’re just little why do you know those things…and that woman is my dear friend Haru-yah…Ahjussi did bad thing to her that’s why I can’t go to her…”

          “My teacher said…if you did bad thing…you should apologize…”

          Jong Kook smiles and pats Haru’s head. “I really should…I haven’t say a thing to her…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Morning…. ~

          Ji Hyo gets up early to exercise. She jogs at the near park and saw Jong Kook also running. She gets close and greeted him.

          “Good Morning Oppa~…” she smiles.

          “Good Morning too Ji Hyo-yah…” he greeted back. “You’re so happy to see him…She smiles brightly now…” Jong Kook thought.

          They just keep on running. After a few rounds, Jong Kook stops also Ji Hyo.

          “I’ll just rest…go ahead…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo then runs again. She glances Jong Kook who sitting on the grass then she notice Jong Kook is wearing a supporter to his right knee and he’s tapping at it.

          “Does he have an injury there?...He didn’t wear those before…” she thought.

          After the exercise, Jong Kook insisted that they should eat breakfast his treat. He needs to say sorry to her but he doesn’t know how. Even though Ji Hyo is still acting the same to him, he can’t forget how he treated her before. He feels so stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 3 days passed… ~

          It’s already 10PM, there’s a thunderstorm and the rains pours heavily. Jong Kook keeps on calling Ji Hyo but she’s not answering. He already knocks to her house but no one is answering.

          “Where are you Ji Hyo-yah?...” he said. He’s so worried like hell.

          He keeps on calling. “Please answer…” just then finally she answers.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…Where are you?...Are you in your house?...” he asked.

          Ji Hyo is trembling. She’s in her car and she stops it when she hears the thunder. She can’t drive anymore. She’s so scared.

          “Tell me…Where are you?...”

          “Opp—a…”

          “Ji Hyo-yah…just relax and tell me…”

          Ji Hyo breathes. “I’m at th—e road…I’—m almost hom-ee…”

          She’s too scared, Jong Kook knows. “Araseo…How many streets away?...” he just asked.

          “2…”

          “Okay~…I’ll be there...cover your ears and sing…just sing Ji Hyo-yah…”

          Ji Hyo does what he says. Jong Kook runs with all his might. He didn’t even get to bring an umbrella. He keeps on running and finally he sees her car. He goes to it and knocks to the window.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” he calls her.

          She opens the lock and Jong Kook got it the car beside the driver’s seat.

          “Are you okay?...” he asked.

          Ji Hyo just hugs him tightly. “Mian~ your clothes will get wet too…” he just said. Ji Hyo is already crying. He pats her back.

          When she calms down, Jong Kook drives her car and they went home. He accompanied her into her house. The weather is still the same. He let Ji Hyo change and when she goes out of her room.

          “Oppa…Thank you…” she said.

          “It’s nothing…You should sleep…I’ll be going…just rest…” he said and left. As soon as he gets out of her house, he holds his right knee. It’s aching badly. “What’s wrong with you?...Are you giving in?...” he said in his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 2 days passed, get together dinner… ~

          All of them are present with their families too. Jin Hyuk is also there with them.

          “Where’s Jong Kook?...He’s late…” Jae Suk said.

          “He’s on his way Hyung…” Haha said.      

          “I’m here…” Jong Kook smiles brightly and greets them. “Hyung~…” Gwang Soo runs to him and hugs him. “Yah~…Gwang Soo…” he nags.

          Ji Hyo just glances at him. She notices Hyo Joo is not with him.

          Jong Kook is having fun playing with Haha’s son but he always glances at Ji Hyo. They were smiling while talking to Go Eun. “They’re really now together…” he thought. Seeing how Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk smiles and talks like that.

          “Pee~…” Dream said to him.

          “Okay let’s go…” he said and carries Dream.

          “Aigooo~…Dream will surely look for him when we go home…He’s so attach to him…” Go Eun said to Ji Hyo.

          She looks at Jong Kook. Jin Hyuk is busy talking to Gary and Suk Jin.

          “I didn’t see Hyo Joo around…” she said.

          “They already broke up…it’s almost a year already…” Go Eun said to her.

          Ji Hyo can’t believe what she heard. She knows Jong Kook is so in love with her. “What happen?...” she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          After the dinner, all of them go home to their houses except Jong Kook who goes out to drink alone. He finishes 4 bottles of soju and leaves the place. He walks wobbly on the streets then just like before and group of men who attack him before were there like they’re always waiting for him.

          “Here you are again…” Jong Kook smirks. “I’m ready…give all you got…” he said.

          The group of men didn’t think twice. They attack him, punches and kick specifically to his right knee. Jong Kook falls to the ground.

          “Such a jerk~…” the man said and they leave.

          Jong Kook is able to sit with his back to the wall under beside the post. The street is already dark only the light in the post is his partner.

          Then his handphone rings and Ji Hyo is calling him. He answers it. He coughs. “Oh Ji Hyo-yah?...”

          Ji Hyo is currently driving and she notices that there’s something wrong with Jong Kook. “Where are you Oppa?...” she just said. Jong Kook didn’t know why but he told her his location.

          After minutes, Ji Hyo arrives. She’s flustered how Jong Kook looks. He’s sitting on the ground with his head down. Ji Hyo calls him. “Oppa…”

          Jong Kook looks up. “Ji Hyo-yah…”

          “What happen to you?...Who did this?...” Ji Hyo said.

          Jong Kook stands up wobbly and Ji Hyo helps her. He can’t move his right knee.

          “Where are those bastard?...Where ar--…” Ji Hyo didn’t finish what she’s going to say because Jong Kook hugs her tightly.

          His body is trembling and tears fall from his eyes. “I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…for what I did to you…Mianhe…Ji Hyo-yah…” he said. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for reading it...
Sorry for errors didn't recheck it...
Writes if after work...really tired...but still I update for you Chingus...
^_^
Kamsahamnida~! SPARTACE Manse~!