Chapter 14 - Jealousy

Can I love you?

          Jong Kook moves forward to kiss her. Hyo Joo said in low voice. “Stop~…”. He stops and looks at her. “Just stay like that for 10 seconds Oppa…” she said.

          “What are you doing Hyo Joo-yah?...” he said. He doesn’t know what she’s trying to do. Hyo Joo tilts her head a bit to see if he is still there but she sees Ji Hyo. “Why is she there too?...Mianhe~…” she thought.  

          Ji Hyo thought Jong Kook really kiss her. She turns her back and walks away not noticing the guy who is standing right behind her. Lee Seungi stays still looking at Jong Kook and Hyo Joo then turns his back and leaves. Hyo Joo checks if he’s still there and when she confirms he’s gone. She let go of her hands on Jong Kook’s shoulders and steps backward. Jong Kook turns to see what is she looking at then he saw a man leaving.

          “What was that?...” he asked clueless.

          “Mian Oppa~…I just really…need it…” she can’t even breathe properly. She feels so stiff and nervous. Jong Kook notices it. “Let’s go outside for awhile…” he said and they walk out and went to the garden.

          “Who is he?...” Jong Kook then asked her.

          Hyo Joo smiles bitterly. “The man who kills me…”

          Jong Kook remembers what Hyo Joo tells him. “Ahh~…” he already understands it and didn’t ask anymore.

          “I’m sorry for using you that way Oppa~…Jinja Mianhe~…”

          “It’s okay…” he smiles a bit to make her feel at ease. Hyo Joo just smiles back too. “So that man gives that deep scars that even still now…you’re hurting like this…I hope you can overcome all of this Hyo Joo-yah…and be happy…” he said in his mind.

         

~~~~~~~~~

          ~ @ Jin Hyuk’s restaurant ~

          The restaurant is already closed. It’s already 11PM, Jin Hyuk and Hyo Joo were sitting towards each other while drinking some wine. Jin Hyuk also sees Seungi at her event yesterday. He knows Hyo Joo needs someone to talk too that why she called him.

          “You saw him?...” he asked. Hyo Joo didn’t say anything to him.

          Hyo Joo nodded. “And everything that I tried to forget comes back in an instant Oppa…Why it’s like that?...I hate it…” she said with sad voice.

          “Because…you still have those feelings…you just forget it…”

          “But it’s too unfair…that man hurts me too much…” she said and tears started to fall from her eyes. “I don’t know if  I can even face him…I…want to..ask him everything...I want to know he’s reasons for leaving me…”

          Jin Hyuk felt helpless looking at Hyo Joo and remembers the past.

~ Flashback ~

          5 years ago…

          “Jin Hyuk-ah…Everything should be perfect…I want it to be so special for her…” Seungi said with nervousness.

          “Aiggooo…Araseoyo…Everything is set according to your plan…I also cook the food she really love…You’re just too nervous…Calm bro~…” he said then smiles. Seungi asked for his help to prepare for his proposal. Jin Hyuk felt so happy with the two. They’re so in love with each other.

          “She’s here…” Seungi said then walks towards Hyo Joo. She’s so pretty with her simple yet elegant dress.

          “What did you do to Jin Hyuk Oppa’s restaurant?...” Hyo Joo smiles. She’s so amazed with it. They were surrounded with flowers. “Is this really okay Oppa?...” she said and looks at Jin Hyuk. He signs an ‘OK’ and smiles. “You two…clean this up…” Jin Hyuk added then leaves.

          “Ne~…” Seungi said and looks at Hyo Joo.

          “I guess you’ll really clean this after…” she said.

          He smiles then knelt down. He stares at her eyes. “Hyo Joo-yah…I don’t know how to live my life without you anymore…I love you and I want to love you each and every day of your life…” he said and gets the ring in his pocket. “Will you marry me?...” he added.

          Hyo Joo’s already in tears and smiles so sweetly. “Yes…”

          Seungi puts the ring into her finger and hugs her tightly. “Thank you…I love you so much…”

          “I love you too…” she responded.

          Jin Hyuk watches them. He goes outside a bit. “Be happy you two…” he said.

 

~ After 3 weeks ~

          Jin Hyuk goes straight to Hyo Joo’s house form the airport. He went to Japan to check his business. He came back home in a rush because of what happen to Hyo Joo.

          “Where is she?...” he asked the maid.

          “She’s in her room…it’s already been 3 days since she locks herself there…She’s not even eating…” the maid said.

          He knocks to the door. “Hyo Joo-yah…Hyo Joo-yah…Hyo Joo-yah…It’s me…Jin Hyuk Oppa…Please open the door…” he said but no response from her. He’s already getting scared. “Don’t’ do this Hyo Joo-yah…” he said in his mind.

          “Will you open this or I’ll break this damn door~!!...” Jin Hyuk shouted. “I mean it…I’l--…” he didn’t finish his words because Hyo Joo opens the door and hugs him. She’s crying. “Hey~…” he said with calm voice. Hyo Joo looks at him. She’s so pale. “Oppa..Do you know where he is?...He left…I don’t know where he is…Please tell me Oppa…” Hyo Joo asked so desperately.

          “Hyo Joo-yah…I’m sorry…but…I don’t know too…” he said. “And if I know I will really beat that guy…How can he leave you like this?...Without even a word…after his proposal…He’s a bastard…” he thought.

          “Ani Oppa~…I’m sure you know it…Please…please Oppa…plea----…” she said then lose her consciousness. He brings her into the hospital. She’s treated and after enough sleep. She wakes up. “How are you feeling now?...” Jin Hyuk said. Hyo Joo just nodded. She felt so empty. She can’t even believe Seungi will leave him. She loves him so much and it hurts like hell to her.

          “I know it hurts so much…but please…don’t let him be the reason for you to give up like this…It’s not you anymore Hyo Joo-yah…I miss my friend who smiles all day…who makes me laugh…and always gives me strength when I’m down…Take it slowly…don’t rush…but that pain will be gone sooner…” Jin Hyuk said.

          “I’m so sorry Oppa…for making you worry like this…I’m sorry…” she said.

~ End of Flashback ~

 

~ Back to present.. @ Jin Hyuk’s restaurant ~

          “You and Ji Hyo were just so alike…Aiggoooo you always be bothered by one man…” he said.

          “Aren’t you together with Ji Hyo-ssi?...” she asked. She thought they were together.

          “I wish we were but…no…that woman only loves one person…” he said and takes a sip into his wine. “And what you’re thinking is right…” he added.

          “Then that two is really wasting their time…” she said and remembers the fake kiss. “Omona~ I did something wrong…Ji Hyo-ssi might think…Oppa…help me…I need to bring those two back to each other…”

          “What really did you do?...”

          “Jong Kook and I did a fake kiss…just not to meet Seungi…but Ji Hyo-ssi saw it…and she might think it’s real…Help me then Oppa…I already have a plan…Okay?...”

          “Araseo~…” he said then the lights turns off. “What happen?...I’ll check it…they maybe a circuit problem…” he said and walks away.

          “Oppa~…Where are you oh??~…It’s so scary….” She said but when Jin Hyuk didn’t responses. She also stands up and follows him. Just then she bumps to him and they accidentally kiss each other lips then the lights turns on. Shock registers on their faces they immediately separated.

          Hyo Joo gets her bag and leaves the restaurant. Jin Hyuk is left awed and his heart beat keeps on racing. “Yah Jin Hyuk-ah…It’s Hyo Joo…Why are you feeling like this?...” he said in his mind.

          Hyo Joo also stops in front of her car and holds her heart. “Why are you beating like crazy?....” she said in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Seungi went to Jin Hyuk restaurant that night. Jin Hyuk is flustered seeing him. He really wants to punch his face so hard. They sit facing each other.

          “Did you come back here to make a scene?...Everything is still clear to me Seungi-yah…How you broke Hyo Joo’s heart…” Jin Hyuk said.

          “I know I did a bad thing…but…I’m also hurt…”

          “WHAT~!...You’re the one who left…without even a word…after proposing to her…Are you crazy?~!...Why did you leave her like that?...”

          “Because of you…”

          “Me?...What are you saying?...”

          “That night we had drinks and you get so drunk…you said something…and I started doubting of everything Hyo Joo and I had…I won’t tell anything to you…figured it out then….” Seungi said and leaves.

          “I said something…what is it?....I can’t remember anything…” he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Is everything set Oppa?...” Hyo Joo asked Jin Hyuk on the other line

          “Ne Boss~…I delivered it already…I bet they’re already together now…” Jin Hyuk said.

          “Asa~…” she smiles.

 

~ @ KTX ~

          Jong Kook is sitting at the bench waiting for Hyo Joo. He checks his watch. “Where is she?...It’s only 5 minutes left…” he talks to himself. He ties to call her but she’s not answering.

          Ji Hyo is also in the same scenario. Jin Hyuk isn’t answering her calls. She turns to look for him and sees Jong Kook. “Oppa~…” she said. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said.

          The train will leave in 3 minutes all passengers should get in…~~~

          “Let’s go?…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo smiles and nodded. They get on the train and find their seats. They were headed to Busan. After an hour, they arrive at Busan and went to the hotel.

          “Jin Hyuk can’t come because of an emergency meeting…looks like it should be the four us…They already book the room…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Looks like it…Hyo Joo can’t come too…Let’s just enjoy then…It’s still Busan…It’s been awhile…” he said.

          The receptionist gives them one card key. “You’re mistaken…we have book for two rooms…”

          “It’s already cancelled…” the man said.  

          “Can we have an extra room then?...”

          “I’m sorry mam but all of our rooms were occupied…”

          “Don’t worry…I’ll just sleep in the sofa…” Jong Kook said and they went to their room. Ji Hyo feels so uneasy sharing a room with him. “Let’s go out Ji Hyo-yah…Let’s explore Busan…” Jong Kook said then smiles.

          Ji Hyo felt so relax seeing him smile. “Let’s go…” she smiles too.

          They rented a car in the hotel then Jong Kook drives. They first go to Headong Yonggungsa Temple. The temple is popular for having the wish come true.

          The two started to make their wishes.

          “I wish…Ji Hyo to be always happy…” Jong Kook wishes silently.

          “I wish…Jong Kook Oppa…to be always happy…” Ji Hyo also wishes.

          “Done?...” he asked.

          “Ne~…”

          “Then let’s grab something to eat…I’m already hungry…”

          They went to a samgyupsal restaurant. They started to eat. Jong Kook makes a wrap then give it to Ji Hyo. She takes it but when she’s chewing itm she tasted the garlic.

          “Yah~ Oppa…You know I don’t eat garlic on my wrap…YAH~!~…” she complains.

          Jong Kook is just laughing.

          Ji Hyo took her revenge she makes a wrap then feed it to Jong Kook.

          Jong Kook chews it then immediately gets a glass of water and drinks it. “YAH~!...how many chill’s did you put?...” he nags.

          “10…” she said and gives him a merong.

          Then they both laugh.

          Their next destination is the Gamcheon Cultural Village. It is the colored old village. The vicinity is so beautiful. They walk around and take pictures. The two really have a good time. They got along like the old times.

          After they roam around, the two decided to play rock-paper-scissors game. Whoever, loses will piggyback to the car park.

          “kawi bawi bo~…” the two said at the same time.

          Ji Hyo do rock while Jong Kook have scissors.

          “ASA~…” Ji Hyo said excitedly then hops on Jong Kook’s back. The road is downhill. As he is walking, his knee aches suddenly but it’s still tolerable. He stops walking. Ji Hyo remembers his knee. “I’ll go down now Oppa…” she said…

          “No~…it’s okay…”

          9 PM, next destination is Dadaepo Sunset Fountain of Dream. The two sits on the bench admiring the beauty of the fountain.

          “I really enjoyed the day Oppa…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Me too…” he smiles and signs Ji Hyo to put her head into his shoulder. She do it and Jong Kook kisses her head like what he always does to her before.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Next day @ Yeongdo Light house, 4PM ~

          “Do you want something to drink?...” Jong Kook asked her.

          “Ne Oppa~…”

          “Okay I’ll just go buy it….” he said and left Ji Hyo. As he is buying drinks, Lee  Hyori walks towards him. “Hi~…Are you alone too?...” she asked. “No..I’m---…” he stops what he’s about to say because when she looks at Ji Hyo’s direction. She’s talking to a guy and even smiling to him. “Yes…I’m alone…” Jong Kook said then.

          “I’m Jung Ji Hoon but you can call me Rain…It’s nice meeting you…” Rain said to Ji Hyo. She looks at where Jong Kook is but he’s already with a beautiful woman. “It’s nice meeting you too…” she said.

          Rain and Ji Hyo roams around the place same goes to Hyori and Jong Kook. They acted like strangers. They didn’t even talk to each other.

          Jong Kook went first into the parking. He left Hyori saying that he already have her girlfriend. He’s already sitting on the driver’s seat waiting for Ji Hyo to come.

          “Thank you for touring me around…” Rain said and kisses her hand. Jong Kook sees it and can’t help but his jaw tightens. Ji Hyo gets in the car and he drives back to the hotel. Jong Kook isn’t talking to her.

          As they get in the room, Ji Hyo finally talks.

          “Tell me…are you mad or something?...Why aren’t you talking to me?...I’m like an air beside you…” she complains.

          Jong Kook just looks at her and didn’t respond.

          “YAH~ KIM JONG KOOK…Talk to me~! You fool~…” Ji Hyo shouted.

          “BECAUSE I’M JEALOUS~!!!...” Jong Kook burst. Ji Hyo is left awed and surprise registered on her face. “I’m so…damn…jealous…” he added.

          Jong Kook then bridges the gap between them cups her face and kisses her.