Chapter 5 - Stay with me

Can I love you?

                   *Flashback… *

                    5PM, Jong Kook went to the market. He parks his car and walks. Before the market, you’ll walk by a small park. He heard a woman’s voice, singing. He stops and sees who it is. There are people watching he steps forward to get a sight of her. As soon as he sees her, he felt a thug in his heart. She’s sitting while playing a guitar and singing “The person who lives in my heart”. She looks like an angel. Her face is so pretty that Jong Kook can’t take his eyes of her. He is captivated by her. He didn’t know why but it’s new to him. He never felt like this before. He just watches her until she finish the song. The people clap for her then he notice she is not asking for money.

          “Thank you…” she said and smiles.

          Seeing her smile, Jong Kook’s heart start to beat abnormally.

          “Another song Unnie…” a little girl told her.

          “Okay…” she smiles and started to sing again.

          “Tangerine~…I almost forgot” he said. He turns his back and went to the market. He looks for the tangerine and found it.

          “Ahjumma..is this fresh?...” he asked.

          “Ne~…from Jeju…” the ahjumma said.

          “Okay…I’ll buy some…”

          The ahjumma puts it in the plastic bag and give it to him. He pays and leaves while he is walking to go back to his car he overheard the 5 man talking.

          “That woman is getting all our audience…” the man said.

          “You’re right…that’s why no one is watching us…” the other man said.

          “We must get her out of here…”

          “Let’s scare her a bit…” the other man said and grin.

          Jong Kook notices they also have guitars which only mean they were talking about the woman he saw earlier. “She’s in danger…” he thought.

          7PM, Jong Kook hid himself where no one can see him but he is still able to see her. She’s packing her guitar, no one’s around. The 5 man walks towards her.

          “Excuse me…Miss…” the man said.

          She looks at him. “Waeyo?...”

          He smirks. “It’s our territory here…You don’t have the right to sing here…if you won’t go…we’ll surely…do something…so you would never come back again…”

          “I’m sorry…but I already ask permission with the head chief here…” she said and looks straight in his eyes. She’s not someone who is easily afraid. She knows how to defend herself.

          The man gets angry and he raises his hand to hit the girl but then Jong Kook appears and holds his hand. “You shouldn’t be doing that to a woman…” Jong Kook smirks at him. The man pulls his hand off Jong Kook.

          “Are you a hero?...Look guys a knight in shining armor came…” the man said. The other four surround them.

          He holds her shoulder and moves her away. “Just stay there…” he said and smiles. The woman is dumbfounded looking at him.

          “Okay I’m ready…Let’s do this…” Jong Kook said to them. He is still holding the plastic with tangerine. He is a good fighter. He knows taekwondo. The man suddenly attacks him, Jong Kook’s got a bit surprise and throws the plastic to him. The tangerine scatters. He kicks him and also the other man who is going to attack him. The 2 man attacks him but like an action star he kicks and punches them. Just then the last man punches him as soon as he turns his back. Jong Kook holds by his thumb the right tip of his lips. “Oh~..there’s blood…” he smirks then looks at the guy. “Is that all you’ve got?...” he added then he kicks him hard and the man flips over.

          The 5 man knows they won’t beat him. They were about to go when Jong Kook said. “You…don’t you ever dare to touch her…I mean it…” he scares them then the 5 man runs away.

          Jong Kook realizes what happen with the tangerine. He looks at it but it is already broken. They step on it while they were fighting. “Aigooo~…The tangerine…” he just said and thought about the angry face of Ji Hyo.

          “Excuse me…” she said. Jong Kook backs to reality and looks at her.

          “Ne~…Are you okay?..” he asked her. She nodded. “Thank you for the help…but you don’t need too…I can handle myself…” she said. She doesn’t want other help. She can’t trust people easily.

          Jong Kook just smiles. “She’s cold…her eyes aren’t like how it was earlier…She’s not like any other woman…who’ll just gets happy with the help of others…” he thought.

           “I’ll buy you tangerines…” she just said and walks to the market Jong Kook just follow her. They went to the store but it’s already sold out.

          “It’s okay…let’s just go…I’ll walk you to the bus stop…it’s still dangerous…” Jong Kook said and he walks her to the bus stop. They were standing at the bus stop. “Would you mind if I ask your name?...” he asked her. “It’s…Han Hyo Joo…” she said. Just then the bus is coming, Hyo Joo is facing that part and her eyes got glared by the headlights of the bus. She covers it with his hand enough to lessen light. Jong Kook is just looking at her and then he bridges the gap and kisses her lips, lightly. Hyo Joo got startled and slaps him. Jong Kook just smiles at her. “It really nice meeting you…until next time…” he said and leaves. Hyo Joo is left dumfounded.

          *End of Flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook tells Ji Hyo how she met the woman that captures him.

          “She’s really beautiful Ji Hyo-yah…and she’s totally different from the others that I’ve dated…” Jong Kook said then Ji Hyo remembers the tangerine.      

          “Oppa…Where’s my tangerine?...” she asked.

          Jong Kook gulps. “Ahh…Hmmm…”

          “Don’t tell me??~..You forgot it?...” she raises her voice.

          Jong Kook scratches his head. “Jinja Mian~ Ji Hyo-yah…” he apologizes.

          Ji Hyo gets mad and her tears where started to form in her eyes. She started crying. “Why did you forgot it?...I really….want to eat them…Oppaaaaa~…”

          Jong Kook got startled with her. He immediately wipe away her tears. “Hey~…I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…Hmmm~…”

          “I hate you….Jinja…My tangerine….” She cries like a little kid.

          Jong Kook is amused by her. The last time she acts like this is when they were still young. He always bully her and she cries like that. “The effect of being a pregnant…” he thought.

          “Araseo…Let’s go to Jeju…I’ll bring you to a farm of tangerine…I’m really sorry Ji Hyo-yah…I didn’t mean too…”

          Ji Hyo stops crying and looks at him. “Jinja?~…We’ll go there?...”

          Jong Kook nodded. “When do you want tomorrow?...We can go there right away…” he smiles. He really finds her cute with her actions.

          “Okay Oppa…that’s a promise…” she smiles. “Then for now…let’s go to Jin Hyuk’s restaurant…I’m craving for his pasta…”

          ~ Jin Hyuks’ restaurant ~

          They were already sitting while waiting for their food. Jin Hyuk delivers it to them personally.

          “Here’s your order…” Jin Hyuk said puts the pasta into the table.

          “Thank you…Wow…it really looks delicious…” Ji Hyo said.        

          “It really is…I’m sure you’ll love it…” Jin Hyuk smiles.

          “Aigoooo this two…Am I just a shadow here?...” Jong Kook thought.

          Jin Hyuk leaves and went back to the kitchen.

          “What are you waiting for Oppa?...You eat already…” Ji Hyo said and started eating.

          “Are you really craving for the pasta? Or the one who made the pasta?...” Jong Kook said.

          “Yah~…Aigooo…” Ji Hyo glares at him. “Just eat…” she added.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Hyo Joo is already in her house. She’s living with her friend. | Han Hyo Joo, 34, Single, a strong, kind and man hater, She started to hate guys when someone hurts him a lot.|

          Hyo Joo is spacing out her friend Young Ji is talking to her.

          “Hey~…Are you listening Unnie?~…”

          “Oh~? Wae?...What are you saying?...”

          “Where are you really?...Is something happen that makes you like that?...”

          Then she told her about what happen in the park.

          “Unnie~…You should be more careful…you’re lucky someone saves you…Is he handsome? Your knight and shining armor…” Young Ji gets curious.

          “Aniya~…He’s just…” she stops and remembers how Jong Kook smiles.

          “Looks like he is…” Young Ji smiling.

          “He’s not…Jinja…He is just annoying…” Hyo Joo said and remembers the kiss. “That man…Aisssshh…I’m really annoyed by him…How can he do that?~…” Hyo Joo thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Morning ~

          Jong Kook went to Gwang Soo’s house and borrows his dog (Korean jindo).

          “Thank you my brother…” he said to Gwang Soo.

          “Take care of him Hyung…” Gwang Soo said.

          Jong Kook leaves and went to the park to see Hyo Joo. She’s already done singing. He walks towards her with the dog.

          “Hi~…” he greets her.

          Hyo Joo narrowed her eyebrows seeing him. “What do you think you’re doing here?...” she said. “After what you’ve done…” she thought.

          “Hmmmm~…I’m…strolling my dog….as you can see…” he said and looks at the dog.

          “I don’t have time to talk to you…” Hyo Joo pissed off.

          Jong Kook smiles at her. “I know…I shouldn’t kiss you that night…I’m sorry…” he said admitting his fault.

           Hyo Joo just looks at him and didn’t say a thing.

          “I did that because…I like you…” he said.

          Hyo Joo smirks at him. “You…like me??...Are you nuts?...How can you like someone that easily?...That’s what a playboy do…”

          “I’m serious…and I never said those words to anyone…just you…and I’m sorry…but you’ll always see me…because I always want to see you…” he smiles again. “Always…Take care…see you again sometime…I’ll be going…” he added and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 2PM, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo arrives at Jeju Island ~

          First they had eats at the restaurant near the beach. After they ate, they rest a while and do some walking at the seaside. Just then a man recognizes Jong Kook.

          “Jong Kook-ah…” Kim Soo Ro said.

          “Hyung~…You’re also here…” they hug each other. Soo Ro is his sunbae in soccer. They were playing back then. They made a team and compete with other formed teams for just a hobby.

          “Annyonghaseyo Oppa…” Ji Hyo greets him too.

          “Oh annyong Ji Hyo-yah…You two really…That’s why everyone is mistaken if you’re in a relationship or not…” he smiles. “Ah by the way Jong Kook-ah…the others were also…Go to our villa later…”

          “Ah really Hyung…Okay I’ll drop by later…We’re going somewhere too…” Jong Kook said.

          “Okay…see you then…” Soo Ro said and leaves.

          ~ Tangerine Farm ~

          Jong Kook’s carrying the basket. Ji Hyo is just so happy. “Woah~…Tangerines…” she smiles. “It looks so yummy Oppa…”

          Jong Kook just shakes his head looking at her. He picks one and peels it. “Here have some…”

          Ji Hyo eats it. “Daebak…It’s really delicious…”

          Jong Kook holds her face and smiles. “Aigooooo~…I’ll pick as many as I can for the little Song Ji Hyo…Let’s start…” They started picking tangerines and put it into the basket.

          ~ 7PM, Jong Kook’s house in Jeju, a simple house, but a modern one ~

          “Are you sure you’re just okay here?...” Jong Kook asked her. He is going to see his friends. He wants her to join him but she just want to stay.

          “Ne~ Oppa…I’ll be fine…I’ll just watch television and eat some tangerine…”

          “Don’t eat too much…okay?...”

          “Ne~…”

          Jong Kook drives the rent car and went to his friends. It took him 20 minutes of driving. They had some drinks and chats. It’s already 9:30PM, when the weather changes. “It looks a heavy rain is coming…” Soo Ro said. Just then a thunderstorm strikes, Jong Kook remembers Ji Hyo.

          “Hyung I’ll be going…” he said and immediately leaves.

          He drives fast that only took him 10 minutes to get to his house. The thunderstorm is getting raging and so loud. He alights from his car and runs into his house.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said as soon as he comes in but she’s not there. “Ji Hyo-yah…Song Ji Hyo…” he keeps on calling her. “The closet…” he thought.

          He went to the closet and opens it just then a thunderstorm strikes again that makes Ji Hyo jumps to him. She’s already crying. Ji Hyo hugs him so tightly and buries her head into his chest.

          “I’m already here…Ji Hyo-yah…Don’t cry…” he calms her.

          “I’m so sc—ared…”

          “Don’t worry…Oppa is here…” he said and hugs her too.

          “Don’t leave Oppa…Just…stay with me…” Ji Hyo said tears were still falling from her eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi there... ^_^ *Tangerines* I want too..hehehe 
Didn't re-read it so sorry for errors..
Thank you for reading...  ^^