Chapter 7 - For you

Can I love you?


          “You…you are a liar…I thought you are different…but…you’re also the same…YOU ARE A LIAR!!...” she said with anger.

          Jong Kook steps forward then Hyo Joo steps backward.

          “Let me explain…There is nothing between us…She’s my friend…a long time friend of mine…” Jong Kook said.

          “I don’t want to listen to you anymore…I’ve seen enough…I’m not a fool…” she glares at him.

          “Why can’t you just listen to me?...There is nothing between us…I mean it…Why can’t you understand me first?...”

          “Because I…I already got hurt and left by someone like you…” she said and tears started to form in her eyes.

          Jong Kook felt her sadness but he wants to prove to her he’s different. “Someone like me?...I tell you everything….” He paused and stares at her eyes. “I…am an ultimate playboy…I changes my girlfriends just like how I changes my shirt…I never have a serious relationship…and the woman you saw earlier…she’s pregnant…and I am the Father…We’re not in a romantic relationship…We made a big mistake…I’ve known that woman for more than a half of my life…We agreed to have the baby and raise him…but we’re just like siblings…Yes I love her but not the way you think…I…never believe in love…never…not until…I met you…”

          Hyo Joo is just listening to him while looking at his eyes. He looks at her with serious gaze.

          “I’m really serious with you Hyo Joo-ssi…Please…just give me a chance…” Jong Kook said.

          Tears started to fall from her eyes. “You…don’t you dare appear in front…of me again…never…” she said and left.

          *Ji Hyo’ House…*

          Doorbell rings, Ji Hyo opens it and Jong Kook appears right in front of the door.

          “Oppa…” she said.

          Jong Kook steps forward and hugs her. His body is trembling.

          “Oppa…what’s wrong?...Have you talk to her?...Did you explain?...” she asked.

          “You…never told me…this is how it feels…it hurts so much Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said with sadness in his voice.

          Ji Hyo felt his sadness and pats his back.

   

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 3 days passed… ~

          10PM, Jessica goes into Jong Kook’s bar with some of her friends. She stands up and said. “I’ll just go say hi to my friends…” She walks to where Jong Kook and Dong Hae are.

          “Hi there Oppa…” she greets Jong Kook. He is drinking alone. Jessica looks at Dong Hae signing ‘What’s with him?’ Dong Hae just shakes his head.

          “Oppa…I’m here…Your baby sister is here…Kook Jong Oppa…” she talks to him.

          Jong Kook finally looks at her. She smiles and waves her hand. “Oh~…my little sister is here…Come here give you big brother a hug…” he said a bit drunk then hugs her.

          “Oppa…are you okay?...” she asked him and hugs him back. She’s worried.

          “Ne~…I;m okay…there is nothing wrong…” he looks at her and smiles.

          “Are you sure?...”

          He nodded. “I’ll just go up to my office…Have fun…” he said and leaves and also brings with him the bottle of whiskey.

          “What’s wrong with Oppa?...I saw him earlier she refuses a woman who’s trying to hit on him…It’s not him…” Jessica said to Dong Hae.

          “I don’t know too…He is always like that…He keeps on drinking but he’s not talking to me…I also tried asking him what’s wrong…but he always say nothing…”


          ~ Next day… ~

          Ji Hyo and Jessica meets up for lunch. They were already eating when Jessica asked her.

          “Unnie…Is there something wrong with Jong Kook Oppa?...”

          “What do you mean?...”

          “I went to his bar yesterday…There is something wrong with him…He is not acting himself…He is gloomy…Well he keeps on saying he is okay…but I know he is not…”

          “Is that so?...I will ask him too…” Ji Hyo said. After what happens, Jong Kook never showed her he is sad. He is always shows he’s just okay and happy.


          ~ Ji Hyo’s house ~

          Jong Kook is cooking soft tofu jigae for dinner.

          “I’ll promise…you’ll love this…” he said and smiles to her.

          Ji Hyo is just looking at him while his cooking. She keeps on observing him but Jessica is really right. Her Oppa is covering his sadness especially in front of her. “Those sad eyes…” she said in her mind.

          “Okay it’s done…” he said and brings the pot to the table. “Let’s eat…” he said. Ji Hyo gets her spoon and taste the soup.

          “How was it?...” he asked, anticipating.

          Ji Hyo smiles. “It’s delicious…”

          “Asa~!...See I’m a gifted chef…” he boast and started to eat.

          Ji Hyo is still looking at him. Jong Kook feels she’s her stare. He looks at her.

          “I’ll melt if you keep on staring Ji Hyo-yah…What is it?...Do you need something?...”

          She shakes her head. “Ani Oppa~…I just want to ask you something…”

          “What is it?...”

          “Oppa…Are you…really okay?...”

          Jong Kook knows what she’s pointing out. He just smiles and said. “Of course…I’m okay…I’m Kim Jong Kook…You know me…”

          “Oppa….”

          He looks at her seriously. “I’m okay…Don’t worry…” then he holds her hand to make her feel ease.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 5 days passed… ~

          Within those days, Ji Hyo always asked Dong Hae if Jong Kook is still acting strangely and he told her that Jong Kook doesn’t change. He drinks alone and don’t socialize with girls like he always do.

          Ji Hyo’s really worried about him. She’s at her studio and she search about Han Hyo Joo. She found out that she’s a painter. She has her own place for her exhibit.

          “I need to meet her…” Ji Hyo said in her mind.


          ~ Night ~

          Ji Hyo goes to Jin Hyuk’s restaurant. She really need someone listen and know if what she’ll be doing is right.

          “You look there is something bothering you Ji Hyo-ssi…You can talk to me…” he said.

          “I came here to really talk to you…I want to ask you if what I’m doing is right…”

          “Go ahead…tell me…”

          “Actually Jong Kook Oppa has this someone he’s fallen for…and that someone saw us…then she taught something’s going between us…also Oppa already told her everything about our situation…”

          “And what your pointing out is?...”

          “I want to meet her…and talk to her…Jong Kook Oppa is really affected…I’m really worried about him…”

          Jin Hyuk stares at her.”Ji Hyo-ssi…Are you sure he’s just a brother to you?...Being affected and worried like that…Are you still…feeling the same way to him?…” Jin Hyuk thought.

          “Do you know her where abouts?...” he asked.

          “Ne~…She’s Han Hyo Joo…and she’s a painter…I already know where to see her…What do you think?...”

          “Let’s meet her…I’ll go with you…”


          ~ Next day… ~

          Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo went to Hyo Joo. The place is so elegant and all of her painting is hanging on the wall. Ji Hyo is really impressed by her skills. “She’s really good…” she thought.

          Just then Hyo Joo walks towards them not noticing her.

          “Hi Jin Hyuk Oppa…” Hyo Joo greets him.

          “Hello Hyo Joo-yah…Still doing great…” he said pertaining to her paintings.

          Ji Hyo is blank that Jin Hyuk knows Ji Hyo.

          “You’re with someone…” Hyo Joo said and notices her. “She’s the one who’s with Jong Kook-ssi…” she thought.

          “Ne~…” he said then holds Ji Hyo’s hand. “She’s Song Ji Hyo…my girlfriend…” he added and smiles.

          Ji Hyo is looks at him shocked also Hyo Joo.

          “ME?? Girlfriend?...” Ji Hyo said in her mind.

          “Oppa…Can I talk to you for a minute?...Just the two of us…” Hyo Joo said.

          “Okay…I’ll just talk to her…Wait for me…” he said to Ji Hyo and smiles.

          Hyo Joo went outside to the small garden. Jin Hyuk follows her. They know each other because they were schoolmates in middle school and they’re parents know each other.

          “What is it Hyo Joo-yah?...”

          “She’s your girlfriend?...Is that really true?...”  

          “Ne~…Wae?...She’s pretty and kind…You know my ideal type of girl…”

          “But Oppa…Did you know she’s pregnant?...”

          He nodded. “I know everything about her…and that’s why I like her…”

          “Are you…just okay with that?...” she’s confused.

          Jin Hyuk holds her shoulders and looks at her eyes. “Hyo Joo-yah…things weren’t always perfect…there’s something that makes it a whole mess…but when you believe especially to your heart…you’ll be able to accept things…and be happy…” he smiles.

          “You really like her…”

          “I do…she want to meet you and tell you that there’ s nothing going on between them…You know what I’m talking about…I know what you’ve gone through Hyo Joo-yah…and you can’t trust that easily…they were both good people…How about a second chance for him?...Think about it…Do what will make you happy…” he pats her head. “Then we’ll be going…” he smiles and leaves.

          He goes to Ji Hyo. “Let’s go…” he said.

          “You know her…”

          “Don’t get mad or think Ji Hyo-ssi…I do that to help you…If she knew you were in a relationship with someone her feelings will change…I know her a lot…I’m sure she’ll accept Jong Kook-ssi again..”

          “Thank you…really thank you…” she felt grateful.

          “As a change…treat me to lunch…” he smiles.

          “Araseo~…Let’s have jjangmyeon…” she smiles too.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ @ the bar ~

          Jessica is in her chic style and dancing at the dance floor. She’s drinking alone. Dong Hae keeps on looking at her. Just then a man, tries to touch Jessica and she flinch but the man is really aggressive.

          “Get off me…Yah~!...” Jessica shouts at him.

          “Let’s dance…” the man said and holds her waist.

          Dong Hae walks towards them and moves away the man’s hand. “She already said she don’t want…” he said with anger in his voice.

          The man smirks. “Don’t get involve….get away…You ~!...”

          Dong Hae punches him hard. The people stops dancing and look at them. “Don’t you dare get inside of this bar again…I’m warning you…” he said to him. The guards gets the man and get him out of the bar.

          Dong Hae grabs Jessica outside too. She’s hurt by the way Dong Hae holds her wrist.

          “It hurts…” she said. He puts away his hand and glares at her.

          “You…don’t wear something like that…if you can’t handle people like that!...” he shouts.

          “Why are you shouting?...It’s not what I want to happen…”

          “Ne~…it’s not what you want to happen but look what happens…Stop dressing like that…Do I still need to protect you?...I’m not your bodyguard…”

          Jessica got hurt by what he said. “I…I dress like this…to impress…you…You fool~!...” she said and walks away.

          Dong Hae is left dumbfounded.

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 1 day passed… ~

          Jong Kook got a text message from Hyo Joo. “Let’s meet at Han River…” she texted.

          He is really surprised and he immediately went to Han River. Then he saw her, she’s staring at the fountain. He walks towards her. Hyo Joo looks at him. Her heart starts beating abnormally. She’s really fallen for him. She got awaken by what Jin Hyuk said. “From now on…I’ll do what will make me happy…I’ll stop thinking if this is right or not…” she thought.

          She walks towards him and hugs him tightly. Jong Kook got flustered.

          “Don’t say anything…I…just miss you…” she finally said.

          Jong Kook got so happy. He hugs her back.

          After that, Jong Kook brings Hyo Joo home and drives to Ji Hyo’s studio. He wants to tell her immediately. He alights from his car and sees Ji Hyo going out of her studio. Jong Kook didn’t notice that there is someone following him. Nam Goong Min stops his car few meters away and looks at Jong Kook.

          “Ji Hyo-yah~!...” he shouts. Ji Hyo looks at him. “I’ll go there…” he said and smiles.

          “You really never change…Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” Nam Goong Min smirks and starts his car.

          Jong Kook’s crossing the street then a car speeding approach him. Ji Hyo sees it and shouts at him.

          “OPPA~!..”

          Jong Kook notices the car and runs fast and luckily he didn’t get hit. “YAH~…What’s with that driver?...”

          Ji Hyo rushing to him and hugs him tightly. She’s crying.

          “Hey~..Ji Hyo-yah…It’s okay…” he calm her and pats her back.

          “I thought something bad…will happen to you Oppa…I’m so scared…” she said.

          “And in that very moment…my heart almost dies…then I came to him and hugs him tightly…Is it still effect of being pregnant?...because I don’t know anymore…I…don’t want to lose him…” Ji Hyo’s thought. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How was it? Sorry for late update.. ^_^
Ottokae Ji Hyo-yah??? -___-
aigooooooo....