Chapter 11 - Too late

Can I love you?

          She turns and looks at where the voice is coming from. She’s right. It is him Kim Jong Kook.

          She feels so uneasy. “Jong Kook Oppa…” she just said.

          Jong Kook notices Ji Hyo changes her hair color and she looks even more beautiful.

          “I’m here to pick you up…Go Eun is giving birth..They can’t make it…” he said then walks near her, gets her luggage and put it inside the trunk of his car.

          Ji Hyo is still looking at him. “He’s not angry anymore…” she thought.

          They get on the car and Jong Kook started to drive.

          “Where are you going to stay?...” he asked. Jong Kook didn’t know anything about Ji Hyo going home. He’s flustered when Haha told him to pick her up in the airport. He feels awkward too, after what he did to her last year. How can he even face her? He’s such a bastard way back then.  It’s hard to even look at her. He composed himself just to get near and talk to her. Now, being alone with her, his body is trembling and nervous.

          “Let’s go first to the hospital…” she replies.

          “Okay…”

 

          ~ Hospital…. ~

          Go Eun has successfully give birth a girl. They’re now at their private room. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo enter the room.

          “JI HYO-YAH~…” Haha said excitedly and hugs her. “Waaa…We really miss you…”

          “I miss you all too Oppa…” she said so happy.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Go Eun calls her. Ji Hyo gets near to her. Go Eun is holding her baby.

          “Congratulations~…” she smiles and looks at the baby. “Can I hold her?...” Ji Hyo asked.

          “Sure…” Go Eun said and Ji Hyo carries the baby. She can’t hide her smiles.

          “She’s so pretty…” Ji Hyo said.

          Jong Kook is just looking everything. He felt a thug in his heart. He can’t look at it anymore so he decided to get out of the room.

          Ji Hyo glances at him going out of the room. Her heart feels sad then.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo say their goodbyes to Go Eun and Haha and leave the hospital then goes home to their house.

          They enter Ji Hyo’s house. Everything is the same and all cleaned. Haha gets it clean up for her even her fridge is all set.

          “I didn’t know you’re going to stay here…I..really have no idea that you will go home Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said then.

          Ji Hyo turns and looks at him. “I want to surprise everybody…” she just said.

          “Do you want jajjangmyeon then?...I’m sure you’re already hungry…”

          She nodded and smiles a bit.

          After 15 minutes, their order came and they started to eat. The two were still awkward and didn’t even talk while eating.

          After they’re done eating, Jong Kook said. “You should rest..I’m going then…”

          “Thank you Oppa…” Ji Hyo said and walks him to door.

          Jong Kook walks to his door and Ji Hyo is still at her door looking at him then she turns her back and closing her door.

          He turns to her. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he calls her.

          Ji Hyo stops and looks at him. “Ne~?...”

          “It’s…really good to see you…again…” he said and smiles a bit.

          Ji Hyo smiles. “Thank you Oppa…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 3 days passed … ~

          Ji Hyo been so busy at her studio again. She receives a call from Jessica.

          “Unnie…Where are you now?...We’re all here…” Jessica said.

          “Araseyo~…Mian~…I’m finishing something…I’ll be on my way…”

          “Aigooo…such workaholic…We’ll wait…Saranghaeyo Unnie…” she said and hangs up.

          Ji Hyo drives and goes to the restaurant.

          “Unnie~!...” Jessica excitedly runs to her and hugs her tightly. “I really…really…miss you…”

          “Aigooo…I miss you that much too…” Ji Hyo hugs her back.

          Ji Hyo sits beside Jong Kook. Dong Hae and Jessica sit towards them.

          “Noona…You’ve become more pretty…Jjang~!...” Dong Hae said and puts up his two thumbs.

          She smiles and they started to eat. They chat too, talking about how’s her life in Italy. Ji Hyo talks about how her career gets more exciting living there. She learns a lot too.

          “We really want to see you two…because we want to say something…” Dong Hae said and looks at Jessica.

          “What is it?...” Jong Kook asked.

          The two hold each other hands. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looks at it.

          “We’re finally together…” the two said at the same time.

          “Jinja???...Congratulations~…” Ji Hyo said and holds Jessica’s hand. She knows how Jessica likes Dong Hae. She’s really happy for her.

          “You little~…How come I didn’t see that?...Congratulations ~…” Jong Kook said and smiles at them.

          After the dinner, the two already leaves while Jong Kook and Ji Hyo decided to walk at Han River.

          “How’s Hyo Joo-ssi?...” she asked.

          Jong Kook stops from walking. “I’m hungry again…Let’s eat sundae and ddeokbokki there…” he just said and walks to the stall.

          Ji Hyo just follows him and they started to eat.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Flashback, 2 months after Ji Hyo went to Italy… ~

          Jong Kook and Hyo Joo are at the mall. She’s currently looking to a dress when Jong Kook sees a woman. He started to follow her.

          “Is this okay Oppa?...” Hyo Joo turns and asked Jong Kook but he’s gone. She gets of the store and looks for him. She saw him and follows him.

          Jong Kook finally pats the woman’s shoulder.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said.

          The girl turns and said. “Ne?...” It’s not Ji Hyo.

          “I’m sorry…I thought you’re someone I know…” he said.

          The woman leaves. Jong Kook turns his back but there’s Hyo Joo. Tears where already forming into her eyes. She’s so hurt by his actions.

          “Hyo Joo-yah…” he just said.

          Hyo Joo walks away and leaves the mall. Jong Kook can’t even follow her. He feels so stupid and he can’t even understand himself.

          ~ Next day… ~

          9PM, Jong Kook went to Hyo Joo’s art gallery. She’s currently on her studio painting.

          “Hyo Joo-yah…” he said.

          She stops from painting and looks at him.

          “I want to talk to you…” Jong Kook said.

          “Then go ahead Oppa…” she said. Her body is already trembling from nervousness. He didn’t even call her last night. She’s really scared.

          “I’m so sorry…I’m…really…sorry…” Jong Kook said and tears started to fall from his eyes.

          “Is that sorry means goodbye?...” she said and tears also falling from her eyes.

          Jong Kook walks towards him and hugs her tightly.

          “I don’t know what…to do..anymore…but I think…it’s the best thing to do…I don’t want to hurt you...” he release her hug to her and holds her shoulders then looks at her eyes. “Everything that I’ve said to you…Everything that I’ve felt…It’s true…but…I can’t even understand myself anymore…I feel so empty…Hyo Joo-yah…I’m truly sorry for hurting you like this…and I will always wish for your happiness…because that happiness…I can’t give you that anymore…Mianhe~…” he said then leaves.

          Hyo Joo sits wobbly and cries out loud.

          ~ End of Flashback ~

 

~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 1 week passed… ~

          Jong Kook got home from Jeju. He went there to play soccer with his friends. He buys some tangerine for Ji Hyo. He remembers how she loves it before.

          He’s so excited to give it to her. He parks his car and walks to the entrance of their condominium. His smile fades away when he saw Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo hugging.

          “Am I too late?...Ji Hyo-yah…” he said in his mind.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I know it's been sooooo long since i updated and I'm so sorry about that...
Thank you for still waiting and supporting my story...
I'll try to update regularly...

Merry Chirstmas & Happy New Year to everyone~!!!
Jinjan Kamsahamnida (bows) 
Saranghaeyo Chingus (tiny heart) ^_^