Chapter 13 - Reconciliation

Can I love you?

          His body is trembling and tears fall from his eyes. “I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…for what I did to you…Mianhe…Ji Hyo-yah…” he said.

          “Oppa…” she just said. Just then Jong Kook loses his consciousness. He’s too heavy for Ji Hyo tried to not fall but then Dong Hae came and gets his Hyung in Ji Hyo’s arms. “Dong Hae-yah…” she said. “How come you’re here?...” she asked herself.

          “Noona…Where’s your car?...” he asked.

          She tells where it is and she helps him supporting Jong Kook. Luckily, she parks her car nearby. They put Jong Kook at the back seat and they get in too. Ji Hyo’s on the driver’s seat and Dong Hae are beside her.

           “Let’s go to the nearest hospital…He’s hurt…” she said.

          “Aniya Noona…Let’s just go to his house…”

          “What?~…House?...He needs to go to the hospital…”

          “Please Noona…Let’s just go to his house…I’ll explain it later…I promise…”

          Ji Hyo started to drive when he promise her. She knows something is wrong. How come he showed up there? He sure knows what’s happening to Jong Kook.

          They arrive to Jong Kook’s house. They lay him to his bed. He’s still asleep. Dong Hae immediately goes to the bathroom and gets a medicine. Ji Hyo gets a towel and lukewarm water then puts it in a basin. She started to wipes the bruises into Jong Kook’s face, near his left eyebrow, right cheekbone and right lips.

          She feels so sorry to his Oppa. She’s so worried too. Then Jong Kook gains his consciousness.

          “Oppa~…” she calls him.

          “Ji Hyo-yah~…Wa—e…” he stops speaking because he started to feel the pain to his right knee. He’s trying his best to suppress it. He can’t let it show to Ji Hyo.

          Hearing Jong Kook’s voice Dong Hae gets near him. “Hyung~…here drink this…” he said and helps him drink his medicine. Jong Kook looks at Dong Hae telling him to go out of the room with Ji Hyo. Dong Hae knows what it is.

          “Noona…let’s go outside…Just let him rest…”

          Ji Hyo looks at Jong Kook. “Are you sure?...”

          Jong Kook nodded and they get out of his room. They sat on the sofa.

          When the doors closed, Jong Kook bites his pillow the pain is killing him. It’s more painful than before. He even buries his face to the pillow. He can’t make a noise. Ji Hyo will hear it. After fighting the pain, Jong Kook falls asleep thanks to the pain reliever he drinks.

          “Now Dong Hae-yah…Tell me what is it?...How come you’re there?...Did he calls you too?...and what’s wrong with his knee?...” she asked.

          Dong Hae sighs first. “Noona…what will I tell you right now please don’t let Hyung knows that you know about it…He’ll kill me for sure…”

          “Araseo…I won’t tell him…”

          “Hyung didn’t calls me…I came there because I already contracted someone who lives at that neighborhood…”

          “What do you mean?...” Ji Hyo doesn’t understand it.

          “It’s already the 5th time he’s getting beaten in that place…”

          “WHAT?!~…”

          “The first time is the worst…he gets hospitalized because of it…but after that whenever he walks there after drinking they will beat him…and Hyung never fights back…he even didn’t report it to the police…because I’m sure it’s not a coincidence anymore…something is behind all of this…but Jong Kook Hyung didn’t want to know about it…He wants to get beaten and he lets them to do everything they want to him…and those bastards have their main point…his right knee…”

          Ji Hyo is so shocked. “What’s wrong with him?...He’s strong why he won’t fight back?...” She cries.

          “I don’t know Noona…He never tells me…and the other Hyung’s never know about this…He doesn’t want them to know about it…”

          “He won’t tell them for sure…because he knows they will stop him from doing this stupid thing…”

          “I’m sorry Noona I can’t stop him…I thought he won’t get beaten like this anymore…I’m too late earlier I didn’t catch those bastards...”

          “We will catch them…even without Oppa’s consent…”

          “You’re right Noona…because if he didn’t stop this…He won’t be able to move his right knee anymore…Let’s go inside Noona…I’m sure he’s already asleep…” They get inside of his room and Dong  Hae’s right Jong Kook is already sleeping. He sits beside his bed and folds his pants to see his right knee. Ji Hyo frowns seeing it. It’s full of bruises and she’s sure it really painful. Dond Hae puts the towel on top of it to hot compress it.

          “Don’t worry Noona…He’s strong…He’ll be okay…We just need to stop this…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Morning, Jong Kook’s is already okay but he’s wearing his supporter to his right knee. He buys coffee and pancakes for breakfast then he knocks at Ji Hyo’s house. She opens it.

          “Good Morning Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook smiles at her.

          “Good Mornign Oppa…” she greets him too and let him in to her house. Jong kook enters and she looks at his right knee. “Is he really okay?...” she thought.

          “I bought breakfast…let’s eat…like the old times…” he said and they started to eat. Ji Hyo feels happy remembering the old times. They always eat together. Jong Kook will barge in to her house asking for food.

          While they were eating Jong Kook started to talk. “Ji Hyo-yah…for what I’ve done…for pushing you away…for being cruel to you…and especially for not being there when you need me…I’m very sorry…I’ve been so selfish…I forgot you’re also suffering…more than me…I still remember our baby…I’m so sorry…I hope you can forgive me…I miss you really…and you don’t know how glad I am that you’re here again…” he sincerely said and smiles.

          Ji Hyo felt a thug in heart and relief into her feelings. Tears started to fall from her eyes. Jong Kook stands up and walks to her. He wipes her tears. “I’m really sorry Ji Hyo-yah…I know I hurt you...you can hit me all you want to lessen the pain…” he said.

          Ji Hyo stands up too and raises her right hand preparing to hit Jong Kook but then she hugs him tightly. “I’m sorry too Oppa…If I only listen to you that time…maybe…maybe our…baby…will…still be here…” she said between her cries.

          Jong Kook pats her back. “Aniya Ji Hyo-yah…It’s never your fault…Please…promise me you will never ever blame yourself again…I’m sorry for letting you think this way…That’s why from now on…let’s forget the bad things that happen…and move forward…” he said.

          Ji Hyo nodded and looks at him. “You’re forgiven Oppa…I never hated you…I will never do that to you…and I’m sure our baby is now an angel…a pretty angel…” she smiles.

          Jong Kook smiles and wipes her tears again. “A pretty angel…of course…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          ~ 3 days passed…~

          Ji Hyo is currently at Jin Hyuk’s restaurant. She’s sitting at the vacant table, thinking. She hasn’t eaten the pasta Jin Hyuk serves.

          “Yah~…Song Ji Hyo…is not delicious?...” Jin Hyuk asked her.

          “Ha?...”

          “You’re not eating…You said you’ll try my new menu…but you’re not eating it…Is there something wrong?...You look worried…”

          “It’s nothing…” she said and tastes the pasta. “It’s delicious…” she smiles.

          “Aigoooo Ji Hyo-yah…it’s about him…right?...Kim Jong Kook…” he said.

          “Am I that obvious?...” she asked. Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk became really closed friends. Jin Hyuk already gave up her feelings to her because she knows Ji Hyo will only look at one man. He will never stand a chance. He prefers to be just her friend. He’s already happy with that because Ji Hyo is a very wonderful friend.

          He nodded. “He’s just the reason that will make you like that…I know you that much Ji Hyo-yah…What’s wrong?...I thought you said you’re already okay…”

          “Yes we’re already okay…what I’m thinking is the reason of his frustrations for letting be beaten like that…Do you think she’s the reason?…” she asked. She already tells about what happen to Jong Kook.

          “Hyo Joo?...”

          Ji Hyo nodded. “Maybe she is…”

          “So you want to talk to her?...”

          “Yes…”

          “We can go to her exhibit tomorrow if that’s what you want…” Jin Hyuk said. “You’re hurting yourself again Ji Hyo-yah…like how I’m hurting because you can’t never look at my side…” he thought.

~~~~~~~~~

          ~ Flashback 5 months after Hyo Joo and Jong Kook break up…~

          Jong Kook is starting to get beaten by the cruel group of men. It’s the 2nd time being beaten by them.

          “Let’s break that knee…” the one man said while holding a baseball bat. “He will never be able to walk with this…” he smirks.

          Then the man will already hit him but Hyo Joo shouts. “Police here!!~…They’re here~!!!...” siren rings. Hearing it the group of men runs fast leaving Jong Kook behind.

          Jong Kook is able to stands up. He is not hurt that much. Hyo Joo gets near her.

          “Why are you here?...” he asked.

          “Is that really that way you thank someone who saves you?...”

          Jong Kook didn’t say a thing and walks to the park and sits at the bench. Hyo Joo just follows him and sat beside him.

          “Look…I’m not following you if that’s what you’re thinking…I didn’t even know you’re that person being beaten with them…I just passed by then saw them…”

          “So where’s the police?...”

          Hyo Joo gets her phone and rings the siren tone. “Thanks to this…they’re too stupid to believe this…and you too…How come you let them beat you like that?...Where is the strong Jong Kook who saves me before?...”

          “He’s gone…” Jong Kook just said.

          “Aigooooo~…How about a thank you for saving you?...” she said but Jong kook didn’t say a thing again. “You’re so stubborn…then how about you help me to give back for what I did?...”

          “Araseo…I owe you…I will help you when you need it…” he smiles then.

          Hyo Joo smiles too.

          ~ End of Flashback ~

~~~~~~~~~

          ~ The day of Hyo Joo’s exhibit… ~

          Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo also came. She really wants to talk to Hyo Joo. Jin Hyuk is talking to someone and Ji Hyo walks around to look for her.

          Jong Kook also came to the exhibit. Hyo Joo invited him. Jong Kook is walking at the hallway looking for her.

          “Jong Kook Oppa…” Hyo Joo calls him that makes him turns back.

          “You’re there…You invite me yet you didn’t even welcome me…Aigooo this yeoja…” he said.

          “That help…I need that now…” Hyo Joo seriously said.

          “Okay…What is it?...Is that why I’m here?...” he said.

          Just then Ji Hyo walks to the hallway. She stops walking seeing Hyo Joo and the man’s back she is sure it is Jong Kook.

          Hyo Joo looks at Ji Hyo’s direction. “Kiss me…” she said to Jong Kook.

          Jong Kook moves forward and kisses her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ottoekaji? What is happening??? (O___O) (>///////<) 
Didn't recheck it sorry for errors...Hope you like it...Sorry for taking it too long to update...
Thank you for still supporting it... ^_^ Jinja saranghae chingu-yah! :)