Block B Zico -- I like you

KPOP ONESHOTS

pairing : Jiho (Zico) & Jua (OC / YOU)

genre : angst + fluff

 

 

ENJOYYYYYY

 

 

 

 

Just like every single day, Jiho rested his chin on his palm, staring at his crush of 2 years. He regretted every single day, for not confessing his love for her that day. He should have listened to his bestfriend, Kyung. If he had confessed that day, he would probably be in Sungjoon's place now, as Jua's boyfriend. 

 

 

He sighed and turned his body around. Kyung came back to their table with a tray of food. 

 

"Yah, stop sighing. If you like her, fight for her then!" Kyung scolded and knocked his bestfriend's head with his apple. 

 

 

Jiho rubbed his face with his sweaty palm and shook his head.

 

"You know I can't do that, Kyung.". Jiho stared at the boy in front of him. 

 

Kyung raised an eyebrow and took a bite of his apple. "And why is that?". He mumbled as he chewed on his apple.

 

Jiho's eyes switched from his bestfriend's mouth to his eyes. "He saved me once. I can't suddenly steal his girfriend away from him as if he had never done anything for me!". 

 

Kyung sighed and now it was his turn to shake his head. 

 

"My brother, I am sometimes confused. Do you like Jua or Sungjoon? You ain't going to turn out like the guy in K.Will's MV right?". Kyung joked to lighten up the mood. 

 

Jiho looked at Kyung with a disapproved face and began eating his lunch. "And sometimes I'm confused why am I even friends with you,". 

 

Kyung gritted his teeth and side hugged Jiho. 

"Because I'm your wifeyyyyy,". 

 

Jiho stared at his weird friend before bursting into fits of laughter.

 

"That have to stop, Kyung ah!". Jiho tried to breathe out while laughing, almost choking on his rice. 

 

Kyung smiled at his laughing bestfriend. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

"Joon ah! I thought it was just a 'few' friends? I didn't expect the whole class!". Jua exclaimed. Her eyes sparkling at the sight of her classmates. 

 

Apparently, Sungjoon planned a camping trip during their weekend break. He told Jua that he would only invite a few friends, which made Jua, the social butterfly sad. But then, he ended up inviting their whole class to make Jua happy.

 

 

 

"Kyung ah, tell me, why did we even accept his invitation?" Jiho breathed out as he followed his classmates who were walking ahead of him, towards the camping site. 

 

Kyung who was walking beside him patted his shoulder and chuckled. "Because you're too guilty to reject,". 

 

Jiho nodded and sighed. 

 

 

After a few minutes of walking, the class finally arrived at the wide camping site. They then began fixing their tents.

 

 

Jiho looked up when he heard her voice. But he regretted it right away. she was as usual, with her boyfriend. 

 

"HAHAHA Of course I'm not sharing a tent with you, you ert!" Jua exclaimed as she playfully hit Sungjoon's arm. 

 

Jiho rolled his eyes secretly and continued fixing his shared tent with Kyung. 

 

"Are you jealous already? Don't be, your wifey is here!". Kyung joked. 

 

Jiho again stared at his bestfriend before bursting into fits of laughter. 

 

"Gosh Kyung! I told you to stop! You kept reminding me of you crossdressing!". 

 

Kyung gave up and threw his side of tent down. "Well if that can cheer you up, I have to bring it up no matter how bitter it is for me!". Kyung whined and wiped his fake tears. 

 

Jiho rolled his eyes and smacked Kyung's head. 

 

 

 

 

It was evening. And as planned, the class was playing a game, where they had to find some treasures hid by some of their classmates. 

 

Jiho thought it was his chance to walk with Jua as Sungjoon was not playing since he was the planner. But as he was about to call out for Jua, one of his classmates, Sera, called his name. He turned at the voice and groaned inwardly. 

 

"H--Hi Jiho!". The girl stuttered. 

 

Jiho gave a small smile and nodded. 

 

"Can I walk with you? My friends kind of ditched me and I don't want to walk alone.". Sera stated. Her cheeks were pink. 

 

Jiho sighed and had no choce but to walk with her. Well, he was not someone who would let a girl walk alone in the woods. 

 

 

Sera confessed her feelings to Jiho once, but Jiho rejected her gently saying that he had someone else in mind. Sera accepted his answer and decided to just be friends with him. 

 

Jiho had to admit it, Sera is one great girl. She has the looks, the body, the brains, well, she is the perfect girl for you. But Jiho only had his eyes on HER. 

 

 

 

 

Finally, as the night time had come, the game ended as well. Jiho was boredly talking with Sera, his eyes wandering around searching for Jua. 

 

"OMG GUYS! JUA! SHE IS MISSING!". A girl exclaimed with widened eyes. 

 

 

Without hesitations, Jiho ran into the woods, not even taking a torchlight with him. His mind was a mess. He knew how scared Jua was of the dark. 

 

 

 

"Ji-Jiho! Do--don't move! please, I'm so scared.". Jua cried when the both of them were stuck in their classroom on the day of their cleaning duty and the lights went off. 

 

Jua was scared of the dark. It reminds her of her nightmares. She held onto Jiho's arm the whole time . 

 

That was also the day when Jiho fell for her. He felt like he had to protect her. She was so petite and fragile that he felt the need to always hug her from all the bad things out there. 

 

 

 

"JUA YAH!!! JUA YAH!!!" Jiho screamed as he ran in the woods, searching for the girl. He slowed down when he heard a familiar voice sobbing. He followed the voice and found her crouching with her head between her knees. 

 

Jiho walked towards her slowly and squatted beside her. "It's okay Jua, I'm here now.". Jiho whispered.

 

Jua sniffed before hugging Jiho's arm. Jiho patted her back and gave her a piggyback ride as she was not in a great shape to walk back to the camping site. 

 

 

Jiho smiled to himself. It's been a while since he had an alone time with Jua. He knew it was not the right time to be happy, but he can't help it. 

 

He stopped in his tracks when he felt Jua snuggled closer to him. He then chuckled and continued walking. 

 

His happiness was just for a few minutes. As soon as they arrived at the camping site, Jua who was feeling much better now immediately hopped off Jiho's back and ran towards her boyfriend.

 

 

Sungjoon hugged her and patted her head a few times. He sighed in relief and squeezed her for the last time before turning towards Jiho. 

 

"Thanks for saving her, Jiho yah." He thanked sincerely with an eyesmile. 

 

Jiho smiled awkwardly and nodded. He was saved when Kyung came from behind him and excused the both of them. 

 

 

"Are you crazy?! Why did you even went searching for her without any light? What if you hurt yourself?". Kyung started nagging once they were an earshot away from the others. 

 

Jiho sighed and faced his bestfriend. "I was panicked okay, I promise I'll be more careful next time.". 

 

 

 

After the incident, the class decided to just rest in their tents and go to sleep before starting a new day tomorrow . 

 

Kyung was already snoring away beside Jiho. Jiho on the other hand regretted not falling asleep before Kyung did. He knew he would be awake for a while now. Jiho rubbed his face tiredly before deciding to get some fresh air outside. 

 

 

He walked and walked till he saw a lake. Jiho sat down on a rock and stared at the lake. He thought about his life and sighed deeply.

 

 

"If you sigh like that, all your happiness will be taken away,". A sudden voice said, startling the boy. 

 

Jiho turned around only to see Jua. 

 

Jua chuckled and waved her hand, "Kidding kidding, but seriously though, don't sigh so heavily like that. It scares me,". Jua said. 

 

Jiho gave a small smiled and turned back towards the lake. 

 

"Even if I don't sigh like that, I think all my happiness have been really taken away from me,". Jiho said and threw a pebble into the lake. 

 

Jua frowned and sat beside him. 

 

"You want to talk about it?" Jua asked out of courtesy and at the same time, curiosity. 

 

Jiho chuckled and faced Jua. 

 

"I.... like this girl. But she has a boyfriend, at the same time the boyfriend is a good friend of mine. It will be a disgrace if I were to snatch my friend's girlfriend.". Jiho stopped and watched her reaction. 

 

Her face was hard to read. Jiho faced the lake back and cleared his throat. 

 

"I, I like you Jua.". Jiho finally confessed. 

 

Or so he thought. 

 

He confessed in his mind, but not out loud. Jua finally smiled and patted his back. 

 

"It's okay Jiho. Someday, you'll find a better girl.". 

 

Jiho nodded and stood up.

 

"I think I'm going to sleep now after the talk. Come on, I'll walk you to your tent.".

 

Jua smiled and followed him.

 

 

 

As they were walking, Jiho saw a shadow near them but when he scanned around them, he didn't see anyone.

 

After sending Jua back to her tent, Jiho quickly walked towards his. 

 

He was shocked when he saw a girl in the direction of the tent opposite of his. 

 

Jiho furrowed his eyebrows as he watched her actions. 

 

The girl went inside and zipped the tent fully.

 

 

Jiho went into his tent quietly . His mind was a mess. He was sure that tent opposite of his was Sungjoon's. 

 

 

*no, he can't be cheating on Jua can he?* Jiho thought and went into a deep slumber. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The teacher paired their class up for their latest History project. 

 

Students were allowed to go out of the classroom for more comfort to complete their assignment. 

 

Jiho who was partnered up with Kyung, decided to go to the cold library for more research. 

 

 

"I'm going to take this book, I'll be right back,". Jiho told Kyung.

 

 

 

 

Jiho was busily analysing the numbers to search for his book when he heard giggling from the shelves behind him. He knew the library was a famous place for couples so he decided to ignore the voices. 

 

However , what grabbed his attention again was a familiar voice . The voice that thanked him for saving Jua the other night . 

 

 

"Sungjoon ahh, you know I love you right ? " A girl's voice said .

 

Jiho was sure that voice was not Jua's. Jua's voice was not squeky like the former . 

 

His suspicion grew bit by bit. Memory about the other night came to his mind . 

 

*No, Sungjoon can't be cheating on her would he?*  Jiho thought and decided to move closer to the couple. He quietly peeked and was shocked when he saw the couple kissing intimately.

 

 

After a few seconds , he heard Sungjoon's deep voice comforting the girl .

 

"It's okay Hana, I'm going to break up with her soon so we could be together ,". 

 

 

Jiho froze. *Hana?! Isn't Hana Jua's bestfriend?* 

 

Jiho shook his head and quickly took the book he needed and went back to Kyung . 

 

 

 

 

"Ayo Zico , what's up with your face ? It's like you've just seen a ghost,". Kyung teased his bestfriend while calling him by his nickname.

 

Jiho scanned around him to ensure that no one was there and started telling Kyung everything . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"WHAT?! SU-----". Kyung almost screamed everything that Jiho told him but Jiho was fast enough to cover his mouth and shut him up . 

 

 

"So now what do you suggest me to do? Keep quiet or give hints to Jua ? " Jiho asked Kyung.

 

 

Kyung hummed while thinking for the best solution. 

 

"I'm not sure , man. If we let it be , Jua might get hurt. If we leave hints , she may think weirdly of us. ". 

 

Jiho bit his lips and thought of what Kyung had just said. 

 

"I've got a plan and I'm going to try it,". Jiho mumbled and continued his research .

 

Kyung gave him a worried look before continuing his work too . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- Hey Jua, are you free after school?- Jiho 

 

 

Jiho texted Jua the next day when school was almost over. 

 

- I usually walk home with Sungjoon. Why ?- Jua

 

Jiho bit his lips before sneakily using his phone in class.

 

- It's urgent. I need to talk to you personally.- Jiho

 

 

Jua who was a few seats away from Jiho turned to look at him with a worried face and nodded her head indicating that she was fine with meeting him after school . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I have something important to tell you. I know you might get hurt now but you will get hurt even more if I don't warn you,". Jiho started. 

 

Jua looked at him with a confused face. 

 

"Just be careful around the people you are close with ,".

 

Jua pursed her lips and stared at Jiho. 

 

"Come on Jiho, don't tell me that's all you wanted to tell me? I have the time, please just tell me everything,". 

 

Jiho gulped . 

 

" haihh, I'm sorry Jua. I saw Sungjoon cheating on you with you bestfriend, Hana.".

 

Jua continued to stare at Jiho. She shook her head and frowned. 

 

"I'm sorry, I also thought that this is bad news . I know you are sad right now bu----"

 

Jiho's words were cut by Jua's own.

 

"Stop it Jiho. I can't believe you are willing to be this low by making up stories about the people that I trust and care about,".

 

Jiho looked at her, mouth agaped. He didn't expect this from her . 

 

"You have to trust me on this Jua!". 

 

Jua shook her head and stomped her way off, leaving Jiho hanging.

 

~

 

The next day, Jiho saw Sungjoon and Jua approaching his way to their lockers. Just like every morning, the couple would greet him a good morning.

 

Jiho glared at Sungjoon while Jua avoided his gaze. Sungjoon was oblivious of the situation and greeted Jiho as usual. When Jiho kept quite while giving him a glare, Sungjoon was confused. 

 

"Don't you dare hurt Jua, Sungjoon. Although you're a great friend, I'll be the first one to punch the out of you if you hurt Jua.". Jiho warned before slamming his locker and walked past Sungjoon and Jua. He didn't look at Jua once, he was staring at Sungjoon the whole time. 

 

Sungjoon gulped. *Did he find out?*. He thought. He tried to act cool and faced Jua. "What's with him?". He asked innocently. 

Jua shrugged her shoulders awkwardly. "I--I don't know.". She stuttered. 

The two decided to drop the topic and continued their day as usual. 

 

For two weeks, everything went by normally except for the fact that Jiho hasn't been talking to Sungjoon as well as Jua. He was mad. Mad at Sungjoon for being insincere towards Jua. Mad at Jua for not trusting him. Mad at himself for not being able to do something about it. 

 

Jiho was confused. Why didn't Sungjoon just stop dating Jua ? Why must he cheat? Is he benefitting anything from Jua? He didn't think so. Sungjoon is definitely smarter and richer than Jua. Why? 

 

Jiho was in deep thoughts as he walked in the hallway, going to the garden to get some fresh air. He looked up and clenched his teeth when he saw Sungjoon and Hana flirting with each other on one of the benches. He wanted to charge their way and confront the jerk but he saw Jua walking towards his direction. 

 

Deep down, he wanted Jua to see the scene so that she knows the truth. But at the same time, he didn't Jua to be hurt. He approached Jua quickly to block her from the scene. Jua rolled her eyes and wanted to walk away from Jiho. But Jiho blocked her way and called her name softly. 

 

"Jua, I know I hurt you with my words. I shouldn't have said that. I just hope you wouldn't get hurt.". Jiho apologised to distract her. But her face was pale as he looked up. He bit his lips as he saw her eyes filled with tears. 

 

Jua pushed Jiho away before marching towards the two people she thought she could trust. Jua quickened her pace and pulled Hana by her wrist to make her stand up. Jua faced Sungjoon and slapped him right on his cheek. 

 

Her tears were flowing freely on her pink cheeks. She wiped them harshly and turned towards her bestfriend. She just stared at her bestfriend who didn't look guilty at all. Instead, she had a smug smile on her face. 

 

"You, I thought we were bestfriends. I thought I could trust you. You too Sungjoon. How dare you? My bestfriend? Really? Is this how the two of you want to break our relationships?". Jua managed to breathe out. She tried her best to not sob. 

 

Jiho ran towards her earlier. He stood behind her the whole time. A small crowd was starting to form around them. 

 

Hana smirked and scoffed. "Relationship? Bestfriend? Those were just your imaginations Jua. I have never thought of you as a friend, moreover a bestfriend. All you do is take everything from me the day you step into this school. My grades, title as the 'fav senior' , teachers' fav student. Everything. Sungjoon was just a plan to make your life miserable. How do you feel when something you value is taken away from you? Doesn't feel good does it?". 

 

Jua's mouth agaped, speechless at the truth. She balled her fist and turned to Sungjoon. 

"Is that really true, Sungjoon? Everything was fake?". She asked softly. 

 

Sungjoon looked a bit guilty but he slowly nodded. Jua shook her head, disappointed. She wiped her eyes and sniffed before turning around and ran away from the people who hurt her. 

 

Jiho couldn't control his patience anymore. The second Jua ran away, he walked quickly towards Sungjoon and gave him a strong blow square on his face. Jiho punched Sungjoon a few more times before some students pulled him away from the former. 

 

Sungjoon was weak as he laid on the ground. Hana ran to his side and glared at Jiho. Jiho's breathing was unstable from his rage. "You guys are the worse people I have ever met. You both are evil. Hana, it is not a surprise Jua snatched your so called titles so easily. She may not be as pretty as you on the outside, but at least she is beautiful inside. Unlike you. Monster. Sungjoon, I thought you were a great friend. I couldn't believe you were that low for agreeing to her stupid plan.". Jiho spoke before pushing all the arms that were holding him back and running to find Jua. 

 

 

Jiho ran and checked each classroom to search for her but she was no where to be found. As he was about to check yet another classroom, Kyung called out his name. 

 

"Jiho yah! I saw her running upstairs. Maybe to the rooftop?". 

 

Jiho thanked his bestfriend quickly and went to find her. 

 

Kyung smiled as he saw his bestfriend finally fighting for his love. He saw the effort Jiho made, he saw how sincere and pure his love was for Jua. Kyung sighed and hoped for the best. 

 

 

 

Jiho reached the top. He didn't hear any sobbings. He only heard soft breathings from a corner. He walked slowly to not startle her. As soon as she saw him, she gave him a small smile . Regret was filled in her eyes. 

 

Jiho sat beside her on the ground and kept silent. Jua tapped her fingers on her knees that were pulled up against her chest before starting the conversation.

 

"I guess I should be the one apologising, right?". 

 

Jiho rubbed his nape at the question, unsure of what to reply. Jua chuckled and stared at the space in front of her. "Why did you warn me?". 

 

Jiho cleared his throat as he heard the next question. Jiho took a deep breath before replying her with the words he was supposed to say last 2 years.

 

"I like you, Jua. I didn't want you to get hurt as much but I failed to do so.". 

 

Jua was surprised fof a second before she gave him a sad smile. Jua buried her face into her knees before looking at Jiho . 

 

"Jiho, I can't return your feelings right now. I'm not like Sungjoon who could jump from one person to another just like that. I hope you understand. I appreciate you for liking me, really. But I don't want to hurt you and ruin our friendship which was almost ruined by that jerk.". Jua spoke. 

 

Jiho nodded his head and patted Jua's shoulder. 

"Of course I understand your situation. I just wanted you to know that there is someone who likes you sincerely and is willing to protect from any bad things. I won't give up though. I will try my best to make you like me back!". Jiho said the last part with a hint of cuteness. 

 

Jua chuckled and nodded her head. "Goodluck to the both of us, I guess?". 

 

The two continued talking about random things. Jua was still sad about the sudden incident but she was glad Jiho was there to comfort her and made her almost forget about what had happened. 

 

Jiho continued to fight his love for Jua for the next days, weeks, months, years. He would never give up, he knew someday, Jua will open up her heart for him. He just didn't know when. Jua didn't reject him fully the other time. He still had hope. Hope... 

 

 

 

 

 

bambabambabam! Here is the oneshot requested by Rapscoups ! I hope you guys enjoy this fic! I'm sorry of it especially the ending 🙃 

 

Don't forget to vote, comment and subscribe! Aing ~~