NCT Jaehyun - Answer?

KPOP ONESHOTS

 

Pairing : Jung Jaehyun & OC (Kim Haneul/I/You)

Genre : fluff, cute

 

ENJOY~~~

 

 

I've been staring at him from far away since the first year of high school. 

 

Jung Jaehyun. 

 

Fair, handsome, tall, perfect features, nice voice, talented in dancing, kind, cute. 

 

He is just tip top perfect. 

 

That is why I am so embarrassed to talk to him. I am just a nobody. While he is the school's prince. 

 

I had classes with him but we never talked to each other. I always hide myself from him and only looked at him from far away. 

 

 

It was finally summer holidays. I usually help my mother out at our family bakery. It was quite popular among the residents in our neighbourhood. They said we sell the most delicious bungeoppang (fish-shaped red bean bread). 

 

I was putting some freshly baked bread into the bakery display cabinet when the bell indicating a new customer rang. 

 

"Welcome to Kim's Family Bakery! How may I help you?". I welcomed, eyes still on the tray of bread. 

 

When the customer kept quiet, I looked up and my eyes widened. 

 

"Ju--Jung Jaehyun?". I stuttered as I looked at the boy in front of me. 

 

He smiled and waved. 

 

"Kim Haneul, right?". 

 

I nodded slowly while my heart was pounding hard against my chest. 

*OHMYGOD HE KNOWS MY NAME?!* 

 

He pointed at my apron before asking.

"You work here?".

 

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. "We--Well, it' my family's bakery so I'm not re--really working here. I just he--help out.".  I stuttered. 

 

Jaehyun's mouth turned into an 'O' as he nodded. 

 

"S--so, what do you want to buy?". I asked shyly. 

 

He chuckled and shook his head.

 

"Actually, I kind of applied a part time job here yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, with your mom?". 

 

 

"Yes, Jung Jaehyun. You applied for a part time job for the whole summer break, right?". Mom suddenly appeared behind me and asked. 

 

My eyes widened. *MY CRUSH IS GOING TO WORK AT MY FAMILY BAKERY FOR THE WHOLE BREAK?HEOLLLL*. 

 

Jaehyun smiled and nodded. 

 

Mom then gave him an apron and asked him to follow her to the kitchen at the back. 

 

I sat down and held onto my chest while breathing heavily. 

 

After one and a half years of staring at him from a far, he is suddenly right in front of me on this random day. What am I supposed to do?

 

My train of thoughts was stopped when Mom  called my name to come to the kitchen. 

 

 

"Teach Jaehyun how to make our homemade plain bread. I have to go somewhere for a while. Don't forget to look over the counter too,". 

 

I nodded my head in understandment before realising that Mom was leaving me alone with my CRUSH. 

 

As soon as Mom went out, I took out the ingredients for the plain bread and quietly put them into bowls. 

 

Jaehyun was just looking at me doing all the things. I could sense that he was feeling bad because I was the only one who was doing the work. 

 

My guess was right. He walked closer to me, which made my heart skipped a beat, and held onto the bowl I was holding. 

 

"Here let me help.". He said and put the bowl on the kitchen table before pouring some flour into it. 

 

"How much?". he asked.

 

I blinked and quickly took out our family's recipe book. 

 

I flipped to the recipe for plain bread and showed him. He thanked me and nodded before continuing to follow the recipe. 

 

 

I was quiet all the time. I wouldn't want to stutter in front of him again like earlier and embarrass myself. I watched him following the steps. I tried to hide my smile when he creased his brows because he was confused. 

 

He smiled, showing his cute dimples , when he finally got the recipe right. I was kind of guilty for not helping him but I guess he was doing just fine. 

 

After kneading the dough and all, it was time to leave it for a while to let it rise. 

 

Jaehyun and I then cleaned up the kitchen a bit before going to the counter when the bell rang. 

 

 

"Oh, Taeil Oppa!". I chirped as I saw the boy who just entered the bakery. He was my neighbour before he moved to another house but still in the same neighbourhood. 

 

"Annyeong Haneul ah! and?". Taeil oppa greeted and asked as he turned towards Jaehyun. 

 

"Jae.". Jaehyun replied coldly. 

 

I raised an eyebrow and shrugged my shoulders as I turned my attention back to Taeil Oppa. 

 

"The usual for you, Taeil Oppa?". 

 

Taeil grinned and nodded. "Wah, you sure know me well. When are you going to date me, hmm?". Taeil oppa joked.

 

I chuckled as I packed the usual for him. 

 

"That wil be ₩11 500 . ". I heard Jaehyun stated coldly. 

 

I was confused at his change of mood but just shrugged it off, maybe I was just thinking too hard. 

 

I handed Taeil oppa his order while Jaehyun put his change harshly on his palm. 

 

I saw Taeil oppa looked at Jaehyun weirdly before smiling at me and exited the bakery. 

 

From the corner of my eye, i could see that Jaehyun was glaring at the back of Taeil oppa's head. 

 

 

"Umm, Jae--Jaehyun ssi, are you okay?". I gathered all the courage I had and asked.

 

His expression changed 180° when he looked at me. He smiled and nodded. He pointed to the bakery's door before saying, " But I didn't like the way how he flirted with you,". 

 

My heart skipped a beat. He doesn't like it when Taeil oppa flirted with me? Does that mean.... heol no. 

 

"Haha Jaehyun ssi, Taeil oppa is married and already have a child." I replied.

 

Jaehyun squinted his eyes and leaned forward a bit before whispering. " Haven't you heard of 'cheating'?!". 

 

I stared at him before laughing. He is so cute when he's serious. I tried my best to held in my laughter but his face was so priceless that I can't help it. 

 

 

I slapped my mouth and widened my eyes when I realised that I just laughed like a pig in front of my crush. 

 

I cleared my throat and looked down at my shoes. "N--no worries Jaehyun ssi, Taeil Oppa just likes to joke around with me,". 

 

Jaehyun chuckled before patting my shoulder.

"You can just call me Jaehyun.". 

 

I blinked and smiled back him, telling him that he could also call me just by my name. 

 

 

 

I was then alone at the counter, while Jaehyun finished baking his plain bread. 

 

It was 6pm and it was time to close the bakery. I just remembered that Mom have not come back yet. I then fished out my phone from my pocket and dialled Mom's number.

 

"Eo Haneul ah, I forgot to tell you that I decided to visit your aunt here. You can lock the bakery and go back home first okay,". Mom said and hung up after a few more words. 

 

I sighed and decided to clean up the kitchen before locking the bakery. Jaehyun helped me clean up too. 

 

"Uh, Haneul ah. How about the plain bread I made?". Jaehyun asked as he held a tray of a loaf of bread. 

 

I facepalmed myself as I forgot about the bread.

"Ah, let me taste it a little bit. If it's okay, then we'll keep it so my mom can taste it too." I said as I cut a bit of the bread and tasted it. 

 

I gave him a thumbs up. "For a first timer, you're quite good,". I complimented him as I passed some bread to him for him to taste too.

 

Jaehyun scratched his head and grinned.

 

 

 

After I locked the bakery, Jaehyun ended up walking me back home. He said his house was down the streets, probably a few blocks away from mine. 

 

Oh, correction. Not his house, but his grandma's house. Haha, I knew it! He wasn't from this neighbourhood. From the walk home, I got to know that Jaehyun always stay at his Granny's during summer break, which was in the same neighbourhood as me. So as to spend his summer break wisely, he decided to take a part time job. As he was kind of interested in baking, he applied at my family's bakery. 

 

Although it was still strange for me to be talking to the person whom I've been stalking all this while, Jaehyun made it comfortable. He talked to me as if we were already close friends. 

 

When we arrived in front of my house, I bid him goodbye. He waved at me and wished me a  'goodnight' and said 'see you tomorrow' before running down the road. 

 

I chuckled and went inside. 

 

 

 

The summer break went on with me spending most of my time at the bakery with Jaehyun. 

 

The both of us did get a lot more closer. I did not stutter as much as before when talking to him. There were times when he made me blush especially when he compliments me on my baking. 

 

Summer was coming to an end. It only felt like yesterday when he came for his first day of work. Time sure flies when you're having fun. 

 

 

It was time to close the bakery. I was wiping the counter when Jaehyun called me to come to the kitchen for a while. I excused myself from Mom who was sweeping the bakery floor.I went to the kitchen straight away after Mom nodded. 

 

"Yes?". I asked as I saw Jaehyun near the kitchen table. 

 

"You know, today is the last day of work for me. So I made you something. I kind of 'stole' the recipe from your family's recipe book. Hope you like it and haha sorry,". He said as he took out a small basket from his back.

 

I chuckled and took the basket. "Thanks haha, and it's okay. Don't you go around and spread the recipe!". I joked.

 

Jaehyun raised his hands up in surrender playfully and chuckled too. "Hmm, eat the cookies after I go back and give me the answer when school re-opens.". Jaehyun said as he pointed at the basket. 

 

"Answer?". I asked and looked at him confusingly. Jaehyun only nodded and patted my head before heading out. I saw him bowing to Mom and thanked her for everything. Mom also thanked him for his service and didn't forget to give him his weekly pay. 

 

Once Jaehyun was out of sight, I lifted up the cloth that was covering the top of the basket and saw a short note. 

 

I read the note and chuckled at his cuteness.

'I stole the recipe when I was at the kitchen alone on the first day. I practiced making these fortunes cookies as soon as I got back. Sure, Halmeoni did scold me for wasting her kitchen ingredients but that's okay, I bought her ingredients back haha. I tried to make the perfect cookies. Hope you like it!' 

 

I then took one of the fortune cookies and cracked it open with my teeth. I chewed on the pieces that fell into my mouth and pulled out the note that was inside the cookie. 

 

I swear I felt my heart stopped beating. 

 

I blinked and read the small note a lot of times.

 

There, his voice repeated in my mind.

"Give me the answer when school re-opens.".

 

I squeled inwardly so as to not attract Mom's attention and decided to hide the basket from her so that she would not read the small note inside the fortune cookies. 

 

 

 

 

♡Kim Haneul, I like you. Do you like me?♡ 

 

 

 

 

 

Babam! Here's a oneshot starring NCT's Jung Jaehyun! or his real name, Jung Yoon Oh! 

 

Hope you guys enjoyed it! 

 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and vote! Aing~~

 

 

Requests are always welcomed. comment down below or DM me. 

message in advance : I don't write rated ffs^^