The Lyrics

Scent of a Flower

Now that the flashbacks of events are over, the Running Man members are now back in reality. It’s the day which Jong Kook has planned in a hurry. It’s the day that he has just announced that he is in a relationship with Song Ji Hyo, and that she’s the woman whom he will marry anytime. It’s funny how the Running Man members feel so happy and sad at the same time. This is the very first time that this kind of fan meeting is happening in South Korea. They don’t know what exactly they will feel now that Jong Kook has proposed to Ji Hyo in a very unforgettable way.

And now the significance of Kim Jong Kook’s fan meeting has been revealed. The fans, who attended his fan meeting, are all in tears now. They are actually not seeing Kim Jong Kook in person, but they are watching him on the videos that Kwang Soo has provided for them. Kwang Soo revealed through a voiceover that Jong Kook would like the world to know something now that he’s no longer in this world. They cried harder when they saw all the men of Running Man crying. They are actually curious where Ji Hyo is, and how badly she’s hurt now that he’s gone.

Ji Hyo was actually with Kwang Soo. Her eyes are close but her mind is wide awake. She can also hear what Kwang Soo is saying. Her tears keep on falling whenever Kwang Soo speaks about Jong Kook’s undying love for her. She’s also aware of the fact that Jong Kook is having a fan meeting despite the fact that he does no longer exist in this world. “You must be very happy now, Noona.” commented Kwang Soo when they heard Jong Kook’s revelation. “The power of love scares me, Noona. Love is really so dense.” added Kwang Soo.

When the fans heard from Jong Kook that he will sing three songs, they screamed in pain. They know that those songs will be the last songs that they will ever hear from Kim Jong Kook. They were even affected by the masculine man’s choice of songs. “I’m going to sing “December”.” Jong Kook said as he introduced the song for the fans. “It’s a song from my group, Turbo. And it somehow tells my story with Ji Hyo. If you guys were curious on how we met, it was at Pohang. She was at the beach, hanging out. And I was there feeling the fresh air.”

The song started to play, so the fans cry while listening to him, “You said that the winter seaside with no one seemed sad, and that let’s stay at the seaside and be friends with the sea. When you hid behind me to avoid the wind, I heard your little prayer –asking the sea to help us to be always together beside it. The rough waves asked me why I came here alone. Where you did you go? Can’t you see? She’s right beside me avoiding the wind and sleeping. She will wake up if the warm sunlight falls. Wait a little. I couldn’t say that I’d never be able to see you again.”

Jae Suk couldn’t help but smile when he understood the lyrics now. Before whenever Jong Kook sings a song, he doesn’t mind it. And now, that it’s one of the three songs that he’ll ever hear from the guy, he cried and smiled at the same time. Kwang Soo, who’s still with Ji Hyo in the hospital, saw her crying while sleeping. Kwang Soo covered his mouth when he started to cry seeing how hurt Ji Hyo is. He knows that although unconscious, she can still hear. “Noona, you are like a flower to Jong Kook hyung. I hope you know how much he loves you.” he then thought to himself.

Jong Kook is now up to his second song, and Suk Jin shook his head when the late singer chose another sad song. It is Naul’s very famous song called, “Memory of the Wind”. People are very familiar with that song, so even without an introduction, they could now feel its meaning. Jong Kook smiled at the video camera appearing like he’s smiling at his audience. “When the wind blows, and shakes up my heart, I think of the past times and close my two eyes. The silent trembling that passes me by. At that small sound, I open my ears.”

“The grown pieces of life that breathe inside me – when they bump against and pass me by, I will look over there.” He then paused for a while to continue with the song’s chorus, “Our belief, our love, and those eternal promises. If I remember those promises, I can walk forward strongly. Our meets, our separation, those faded memories. If I loved those times, I can have a smile on my face.” Jong Kook stopped again to give everyone a warm smile. His smile breaks the hearts of his fans and the people who are present in his said unbelievable fan meeting.

The fan meeting is almost over, and the last song is about to be sung. The fans were even sadder when they heard Ha Ha called him 'hyung' aloud. The fans as well as the celebrities who know Jong Kook shed tears when he revealed his last song. It’s the phenomenal song of Im Jae Bum called “For You”. Suk Jin removed his eyeglasses since he can no longer see clearly due to the moist. It’s been for a couple of hours now that he’s crying. “Jong Kook-ah, you are really something. You live by your moniker – Mr. Capable. You are really capable of dying because of love. No, that might be wrong – you are just really capable of loving too much. I guess too much love will really kill you.” thought Suk Jin to himself while watching Jong Kook on the video.

Kwang Soo noticed the wavy lines on Ji Hyo’s patient monitor when Jong Kook has started to sing the song. He remained standing near Ji Hyo when the singer started to sing his heart out, with obvious tears in his eyes, “Maybe we are two people tangled in a complicated destiny. Every day, I am indebted to you. Debts that are too much for me to pay back. Sometimes like a couple, sometimes like strangers – can we keep living on like that? Despite countless mistakes and separations, you are still there.”

The chorus part of the song made Ji Hyo’s monitor moved again. And Kwang Soo, who was looking at the patient monitor, decided to call the doctor right away. When he returned, it’s the last chorus now, Jong Kook closed his eyes without knowing that the fans are calling out for him. Jong Kook didn’t open his eyes when he gave full emotions to the last part of the song that he’ll sing, “I know that you are the only person who can help me live properly in this world. I, in order to live, in order to not have any regrets, should keep you by my side.”

“My rough mind and unstable expressions, and you watching it – that is love like war. Because I’m dangerous, because I love you, I will leave ---“ Jong Kook still has to add some lyrics to finish the song, so the singer was seen opening his eyes and closing them again, but Kwang Soo is now stunned and speechless when he saw Ji Hyo cries a lot as she dies exactly at the time Jong Kook ended his song with the words, “For you.”