The Update

Scent of a Flower

Song Ji Hyo smiled sweetly upon remembering Jong Kook's admission about his feelings towards her. It was so sudden that time, and all she knew was the feeling was mutual between her and the muscled man. She knew that the members felt the sudden connection that they have for each other. It was in 2013, and now that it  is already 2015, she smiles knowing that both of them are still in love with each other. Kwang Soo, who was still with her, looked at her in shock since she's smiling for no reason. Little does Kwang Soo know that she's  just randomly remembering the times when Jong Kook and her decided to date, secretly.

"Noona, don't tell me you are thinking about Jong Kook hyung?" asked Kwang Soo. The young man, who knows her so well by now, knew that her heart raced. "I bet you two are so tired of running on each other's  mind." he teased with a smile. Before Kwang Soo interrupted her with what she's remembering, she remembered she was on the part when Jong Kook and her had a serious discussion about their relationship. She now recalled how pushy she was for her relationship with Jong Kook to be announced to the public. Her smile disappeared on her face when she thought of Jong Kook's reply to her question.

"Oppa, can't we really tell the public that we are already together? That it has already been months since we've decided to date? Can't I just be open to the world and let them know that we love each other to death? Can't we just do that?" she asked. Jong Kook hushed her by holding her hand gently. "Ji Hyo-ya, you know that it isn't the right time for us to go public, right? You know exactly why I would like our relationship to be hidden from the people's eyes. You know how scary the world is." answered Jong Kook. "I'm not  scared." she declaimed. Jong Kook looked at her and said, "But I am." 

She looked into his eyes without saying anything, but her heart melted when he added, "I am scared not because of myself, but because of you. I don't want the people know that I love you so much because not all people think alike. I'm scared that they may do you harm, that they may bash us and probably even our show, the people we value, and you, whom I love best. I don't easily get scared of people's thoughts and opinions about me, but with you, being with me and being a part of my life, is definitely a different story." In the end, she was left speechless. Jong Kook's words were just too sweet that she's absorbing them so well.

Days have passed, and it's time for them to film another episode of "Running Man". As the cameramen were just preparing their equipment, one of the PDs walked towards Yoo Jae Suk's direction, and whispered something. Jae Suk looked at them upon hearing their PD's words. Jong Kook looked at his woman, who was  just expressionless as usual. He looked at Jae Suk, who is now looking at him. Jae Suk mouthed his words to  Jong Kook when he noticed Ji Hyo wasn't looking. Jong Kook read his lips and they said, "We have to talk later." He nodded as an answer, and got himself ready for the filming. 

When the filming's over, Jae Suk has asked everyone to stay. Everyone means the Running Man members. The staff and the crew of the famous variety show bid the members goodbye, so they are now free to discuss anything. "I won't take up a lot of your time, but you guys know that we are all like a family, right?" asked Jae Suk. "What is this about?" curious Suk Jin asked. "Hyung, Myuk PD said that there are pictures of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo online." told Jae Suk. Suk Jin looked at the national emcee and asked, "So?" Jae Suk  was in agape when he heard the oldest man's reaction. "Aren't you even surprised?" asked by Jae Suk again.

Suk Jin shook his head while smiling widely. "Ya, Jae Suk-ah, I thought you're smart? How come you haven't realized that there's something going on between these two? We were all there when he confessed his affection to her, and it was pretty obvious that something has changed between them, so I don't think there should be something for us to be worried about if their pictures are being posted online. Gary and Ji Hyo's  pictures are all over the internet, and we know that they are just for reel. Why can't the real ones have their own?" commented Suk Jin which left the six members surprised.

"Hyung, please be careful of your words." requested Ha Ha politely. Suk Jin then realized what he has done, but he didn't seem to care at all when he said, "You all know what's reel and real, so let's not make this a big deal." Jae Suk looked at him and asked, "Hyung, are you their shipper?" Suk Jin then returned the question  by asking, "Aren't you?" "Stop it." said Jong Kook to stop the commotion. "I'm sorry I was not able to let you  know that Ji Hyo and I are already official." admitted Jong Kook. "What?" asked Ha Ha, Gary, and Kwang Soo at the same time. "Oh my God!" reacted Gary. "Ji Hyo-ya, what's wrong with you?" Gary asked.

Now all eyes are set on Gary. "I should have distanced myself from you if I have known that you're already dating my brother." the rapper coolly added. "Ya! Kang Gary! You made me nervous." Ji Hyo commented right after she heard how cool Gary's comment was. "Suk Jin hyung was right, Jae Suk hyung. Things like this can be easily seen by people - especially if you pay attention to them." said Gary, who was looking at Ji Hyo with sadness in his eyes. Gary shifted his gaze to Jong Kook as he said, "Congratulations, Hyung. Please take  care of her." Jae Suk then slapped his forehead with his palm, "I guess I was too exaggerated." 

"You were just too concerned. It just shows how much you value those two and our relationship to one another. If all is well, then I guess, Jong Kook should treat us dinner pretty well." said Suk Jin which made everyone laughed. The Running Man members have dined out as they talked about how Ji Hyo and Jong Kook's relationship could be kept for the meantime. The time flew fast, and it's now already midnight.  Everyone has bid one another goodbye, and now Ji Hyo is in front of her house. Jong Kook drove her home, so she thanked him with a smile. As they kissed each other's lips with a goodnight, they did not know that soon enough, the two of them will have - a big fight.