The Text

Scent of a Flower

 

Kwang Soo was so surprised when Jong Kook ended the call. “What’s wrong?” asked Joong Ki, who was still with him. “Jong Kook hyung said something cryptically.” Joong Ki seemed confused, so he asked, “What did he say?” Kwang Soo looked at Joong Ki as he replied, “That noona is worth dying for.” When Kwang Soo realized what Jong Kook’s words meant, Joong Ki got up on his feet and called 119. Kwang Soo hurriedly dialled Jae Suk’s number, so he can ask for help. Everyone who has received a call from Kwang Soo started panicking.

“Hyung, hyung! I can’t reach his line.” said Ha Ha, who’s so worried about the situation. “Jong Kook-ah, what are you doing? This isn’t right.” said Suk Jin as he left a voicemail on Jong Kook’s phone. “Where will he go, hyung? Do you have any idea?” asked Gary, who is also busy dialling numbers on his phone. Everyone was so lost when they couldn’t answer where exactly he could be. “Hyung, do you know where Ji Hyo noona and Jong Kook met for the first time?” asked Kwang Soo to Jae Suk. “Isn’t it on Family Outing?” Jae Suk asked trying to remember the place.

“How about if we call Ji Hyo’s parents?” asked Kwang Soo, who was given a good job tap on his shoulder. Ji Hyo’s mother answered the call, and she was also surprised with the situation. “Pohang?” asked Kwang Soo which made the rest of the members prepared themselves to leave. Luckily, there’s an available van outside for them, so the men hopped in. “There’s this beach in Pohang where noona used to frequent when they were still there.” explained Kwang Soo. “Will you be okay to drive?” asked Suk Jin to Gary to which the latter answered yes.

Jong Kook was still inside his car as he thinks of what to do next. He has prepared for this day, and he doesn’t have any regrets. Before he called Kwang Soo, he was talking to Ji Hyo’s mom about her request in his dream. Ji Hyo’s mom said that she had that dream, too. She is actually thinking whether it’s what Ji Hyo really wants since she’s the one having a hard time. Ji Hyo’s father talked to him over the phone as well. He agreed when Ji Hyo’s father said, “One of the hardest things you will ever have to do is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive.”

Jong Kook decided to feel the freshness of the air outside of his car. He felt it well, and decided to get things ready. He prepared the video camera and started to film himself. “Do you still remember this place? It’s where we first met. That time when I didn’t know what love was, you were already there to tell me its meaning, but I was blind since you were just young.” he said. “You said you’re selfish to leave the world without me telling the world about us, right? But I haven’t told you that I’m selfish like this since I can’t allow you to go alone.”

“You said I can’t die after you die, right? So I’m here. I’ll die before you, so don’t be angry at me, okay? You know I can’t last a day without you, and so I will just end it with you. In case my death will be too early, don’t worry, I’ll be waiting for you. So please do not be lonely. When we see each other, don’t kick me out, okay? I’ll be using all my efforts just to get to the place where you’ll go. Don’t be in a hurry, Ji Hyo-ya. Take your time. I can wait for you, I will. I hope by doing this, you’ll know how stupidly and crazily in love I am with you. Ji Hyo, although I don't say it all the time, I want you to know that I love you. I really do.”

“Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmm Jooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg Koooooook!” screamed Jae Suk, who was the first to get out of the car after their long travel. The national emcee has sharp eyes, so he was able to see the masculine body of Jong Kook, who is now lying on the sand. He noticed the video camera filming the famous celebrity. He quickly ran towards the man’s location, and he screamed in despair when he realized that Kim Jong Kook is no longer alive. The man has committed suicide using a loaded gun, and his outburst made the rest of the men weak.

They called 119 to help them recover his dead body, and while waiting, everyone was surprised when Kwang Soo’s phone received a text. “Hyung, Jong Kook-hyung sent me a message.” he said in disbelief. “Hurry up and read it.” ordered Suk Jin. Kwang Soo was shaking when he opened his inbox, there he read Jong Kook’s message aloud –“Kwang Soo-ya, when you get this message, I’m probably waiting for Ji Hyo in the afterlife already, so please tell them not to be angry at me.” “Stupid!” cried Kwang Soo as he added, “I’m not angry, we are not angry. We are very angry.”

Although Kwang Soo’s upset, he read the continuation of the message, “I have prepared songs and video clips for the fans. I hope you can organize a fan meeting for me, so I can confess all my sincere feelings. I’m sorry if I have to leave like this. Don’t blame Ji Hyo. It’s my choice. I won’t be able to take it if I see her dead, and I’ll probably follow her when she dies, but she said I shouldn’t go after her, so I have no choice but to leave before her. That’s how much I love her. I love her, guys. I know you’re reading this, so I’m really sorry if it’s my life that I have to," Kwang Soo wiped his tears as he finished reading the word, "miss."