The Decision

Scent of a Flower

Ha Ha felt sorry that he watched Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s conversation on CCTV, and he could understand why Jong Kook is looking so lost now. He reached the said restaurant almost an hour after he talked to Jong Kook while we has with Gary. He was about to accompany Jong Kook, but he saw on CCTV that he stood up from where he was sitting to run after Ji Hyo. He was shocked with Jong Kook’s gesture. Jong Kook surprised Ji Hyo by giving her a hug from behind.

Ji Hyo was shocked when she felt Jong Kook’s muscular body. He just gave her a back hug, and she could feel his warmth. Ji Hyo closed her eyes, and smiled. She turned around to look at Jong Kook to hug him back. Ha Ha, who’s still watching playfully, decided to take a video of them. Looking at them, he knows that anytime soon, they will get back together again. He knows that he can tease them with the said video. After taking the video, he went out of room while murmuring his congratulatory message for them.

After a week, it is time for the Running Man members to meet one another again. “Is everyone here?” asked their PD. “Not yet.” answered Suk Jin. “Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are not yet here.” added Jae Suk. Ha Ha was smiling big, so Gary asked him, “Did something good happen?” He nodded his head as he answered proudly, “Of course.” “What’s the occasion, hyung?” Kwang Soo asked curiously. “The reason why Jong Kook hyung and Ji Hyo aren’t here yet is,“ Ha Ha stopped talking when he noticed Jong Kook’s heading their way, alone.

“Hyung, aren’t you with Ji Hyo?” Ha Ha asked him when he reached where they are. He seemed so confused because everyone else is looking at him. “Why are all of you suddenly staring at me like that?” he asked. “Hyung, Ha Ha said something good happened. I think it has something to do with you and Ji Hyo noona.” answered Kwang Soo. He looked at Ha Ha who was teasing him with a smile. “What’s this, Dong Hoon-ah?” he asked in a confused manner.

However, before Ha Ha can even show him the video that he recorded, one of the writers was seen running as fast as she could. “Noona, what’s wrong?” asked Kwang Soo. The female writer was catching her breath when she told them, “Song Ji Hyo-ssi, Ji Hyo-ssi…” All eyes were on her but she fainted long before she can continue with her sentence. “N-noona!” yelled Kwang Soo. The casts called the medics, and when she recovered, she told them, “Ji Hyo won’t be here today.”

All the men looked at Jong Kook when they heard the news. “Did something happen to her? Is she sick or something?” asked Jong Kook. The writer shook her head as a response and answered, “She has a very important thing to do, so she’s being excused for now.” The men sighed in relief for they thought there was something wrong with Ji Hyo. When the casts moved to where they should stand, they didn’t notice the tears that streamed down one of their writers' face.

The filming was okay, but they admitted to themselves that it felt so different without Ji Hyo around. When the casts asked for their phones back, they were taken aback because the staff and crew of the show gathered in one place. “What’s this? Another mission?” curious Jae Suk asked. No one is answering them, so the casts were getting jokingly annoyed. “Is this a mission or something?” asked Suk Jin, who then noticed the swollen eyes of the writer earlier, so he asked, “Did you cry? What’s the matter? Is Running Man ending soon?”

“Honestly, the reason why Ji Hyo isn’t here is not because she has something important to do.” admitted the writer. “Don’t tell me she quit?” Jae Suk asked. The writer shook her head as an answer again. “Can you just please tell us what’s going on? Why do you keep running around the bush?” Jong Kook, who is now getting impatient, told her. “She’s in the hospital now, and she’s going to get some surgery.” Her answer left all the casts speechless. “What did you say?” asked Jong Kook.

“Which hospital is she in?” shouted Jong Kook when the writer didn’t answer his last question. When the PD answered his question, he hurriedly ran towards the parking lot. “Hyung!” called Ha Ha, Gary, and Kwang Soo, who also ran after him. Suk Jin was shaking his head when he walked towards the people behind the show. “Is this show more important to all of you than Song Ji Hyo? Do you think the show must go on knowing that she’s there in the hospital? I’m so disappointed with this show - the people behind this show to be exact.”  said Suk Jin in a very upset tone.

Jong Kook, who has read Ji Hyo’s situation on the internet, was in a hurry to get to the surgical room, but he was stopped right away. The three men were in shocked on how they were able to pass through the sea of people just by following Jong Kook. When Jong Kook was asked to just wait, his knees gave up on him when he remembered Ji Hyo’s words at Ha Ha’s restaurant. It was after she hugged him. He doesn’t know why the words Ji Hyo told him that time are ringing a bell on his mind.

Ji Hyo smiled the way she usually smiles at him as she said, “How am I supposed to leave you? You know there’s no one else in the world who can replace you, right? I’ll just go to China to work, and when I get back, we’ll work things out, okay? Let’s not be like this, so when I return, give me a kiss.” He smiled when she winked at him as a sign that their relationship is now almost back to normal, and he nodded at her with a smile when she said, “For now, we should consider this as the last time that we’ll say goodbye, okay?”