The Pieces

Scent of a Flower

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo upon hearing her statement. He gave her a disbelief look as the words she said crushed his heart. "You don't really care about me at all, do you?" he asked feeling hurt. Ji Hyo smiled sarcastically when she heard  his question. "Wow! You really have the guts to ask me that question?" she asked while glaring at Jong Kook. "Didn't I tell you to just be patient? I will announce it to the world if I have to." he answered angrily. Ji Hyo bit her lower lip when she heard his answer before she asked, "Just if you have to? Not because you want to?"

Ji Hyo then realized that it was not just her and Jong Kook in the singing room - where they returned to upon Jong Kook's decision earlier. Ji Hyo looked at Kwang Soo as she controlled her tears from falling. Jong Kook has realized it as well when he looked at where Ji Hyo was looking. Kwang Soo saw them looking at him, so he decided to just leave the two of them in the room. "Sorry, Noona, Hyung. I-I didn't mean to listen. I will just be outside waiting, so fix this as much as you two can." he said before going out of the room.

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo, who doesn't want to look at him. Her eyes are looking somewhere else, so he asked, "Are you having a hard time?" With his question, Ji Hyo then looked at him and asked, "What if I am?" Jong Kook let go of a deep sigh and closed his eyes as he tried to think of something. While thinking, he heard Ji Hyo spoke the words, "I'm tired of being envious of the other couples, Oppa. I'm tired how the other couples can just show how much they love each other in public. I'm tired of --- " 

Ji Hyo stopped talking when Jong Kook opened his eyes and looked at her seriously. He might have been so surprised of what she said for him to say the words, "We must be two people tangled in a complicated destiny." She went black for a moment, but was able to ask, "What do you mean?" Jong Kook looked at her and answered, "I think you and I are pieces that don't fit." Ji Hyo was not born yesterday to not understand what he meant, but she would like to him to change his mind when she asked again, "What do you mean?"

Moments later, Kwang Soo saw Ji Hyo smiling at him. "Noona, look how lovely your smile is. I bet you and Hyung were able to fix things well." he greeted. Ji Hyo smiled at him beautifully as she answered, "Of course! You know us well. We discuss things well." Kwang Soo then asked where Jong Kook is, so she said, "Inside. He actually has something to tell you." "Why are you out now then?" asked Kwang Soo. "I have filming to do. I told him not to give me a ride because we might be obvious." she said. 

Kwang Soo then , "Noona, how come you have been more understanding after talking to hyung? I'm happy because you are willing to wait for the announcement first before you two will be caught." Ji Hyo smiled at him again and asked, "You're always on his side, aren't you?" "Ya, Noona! You know it's not like that." answered Kwang Soo whose face has turned red. "I was just joking, Kwang Soo-ya." she then said with a good smile. Kwang Soo turned his back against her, so she called him again to wave goodbye once more.

"Hyung -- " called Kwang Soo in a very concerned way when he saw Jong Kook's state. He's sitting on the sofa with his head down, and didn't want to lift his head. "Hyung, what's wrong? Do you have a headache?" he then asked. "Ji Hyo noona said everything has been fixed well, so why did you get a headache?" he jokingly asked, but he was confused to hear Jong Kook's reply, "She's a good actress, isn't she?" Kwang Soo asked, "What's that for, Hyung?" He was stunned when Jong Kook answered him, "Ji Hyo and I are - over."

"What did you say?" yelled Jae Suk and Suk Jin at the same time when Kwang Soo told them the news. The two men were trying to contact the couple earlier, however, both of them didn't answer the call. When Kwang Soo told them the situation, the two older men were in agape. "Whoa! I can't believe this is happening. How could the two of them end up like this? Why did they even have to part ways? Why did Jong Kook do that? Does he really have to break up with Ji Hyo? Where's Ji Hyo? How's she?" Jae Suk asked continuously.

Kwang Soo then remembered what happened earlier. He can't read what's on Jong Kook's mind, but he knows he's too broken. "Hyung, do you want to have a drink with me? You should let it out. I will listen." offered Kwang Soo. Jong Kook just shook his head as he softly said, "Do you think I'll be able to tell you why I'm like this? It feels like my heart has been broken into million pieces, and it feels so suffocating thinking it was me -  it was me who ended the relationship. So please just leave me alone for now."

Meanwhile, Ji Hyo, who did her best not to show Jong Kook and Kwang Soo that she's not fine, started to breakdown inside her car. All she wanted was to be declared as Kim Jong Kook's woman, but she ended up being dumped. Jong Kook broke up with her when he apologized to her when he said that she must have been such a fool holding on to him when he's not that ready to announce their relationship yet. She remembered him again as he told her, "We should not force things that do not fit. Let's just end it."