The Advice

Scent of a Flower

 

Jong Kook closed his eyes when he remembered Ji Hyo’s surprised face when he told her that the two of them of should just end their relationship. He could tell how hurt she was, and he felt so guilty hurting the woman he loves the most. However, he knows that Ji Hyo’s already tired of being kept in secret knowing how honest and vocal she is. That’s why even if it’s hard for him, he chose to let go of her. ” No – it’s not like that.” he thought to himself. “You were mad and you spoke things you didn’t mean.” added by himself. He opened his eyes only to close them again because of the hurt he’s feeling now.

Ji Hyo received a call from Jae Suk, but she just stared at it. She’s not in the mood to answer any questions yet. She knows the news has already reached the two older men. She felt sorry to them, and to herself. When Jong Kook told her that they shouldn’t force things that don’t fit, she replied that she said she’s just tired of seeing the couples being open to the public about their relationship, and she knows that Jong Kook went black when she added, “But it doesn’t mean that I am tired of you.” When Jong Kook was about to speak up, she cut him by saying, “I guess the pieces don’t fit anymore.”

After the long night, it’s time for the casts to meet one another at the filming location. Gary and Ha Ha aren’t aware of the situation yet, so they kidded around when Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were nowhere to be seen. “I guess those two have dated last night.” said Ha Ha to which Gary laughed about. Suk Jin, who knows that Gary somehow has feelings for the sole female member of the show, just looked at Gary’s forced laugh. “Perhaps three people are in pain now.” He accidentally said aloud making the rest of the casts looked at his direction. “Who are those three people, hyung?” asked Gary.

Long before Suk Jin can answer, Jong Kook’s car has reached the site. “Here they are.” Said Ha Ha, but was surprised when he saw Jong Kook in a very unusual look. “Hyung, are you sick?” worried Ha Ha asked. “Ji Hyo hasn’t arrived yet.” said Gary, who seemed to be worried about the woman. Gary’s words made Jong Kook worried, but he didn’t answer both men. He just smiled a little and went to his designated place. It has been thirty minutes since they have been waiting for Ji Hyo, but she seemed to be unreachable. “Hyung, can’t you call her and tell her to hurry?” requested Ha Ha.

Jae Suk looked at Ha Ha, who was confused on the national emcee’s facial expression. He can tell that Jae Suk is telling him not to say anything, but he just can’t picture out why. “Did you fight with Ji Hyo, hyung?” asked Ha Ha which made Jae Suk and Suk Jin glared at him. “Why, why, why?” confused Ha Ha asked. Kwang Soo just pulled Ha Ha backwards and whispered, “Hyung, not now.” Gary, who was quick on the uptake, could tell that something is definitely wrong. He was about to ask Jong Kook not to keep them in the dark, but Ji Hyo’s car is now visible in the filming site.

The men were in awe when she walked towards them. She’s so dolled-up that they have forgotten that she was late for almost an hour. She gave them a big bright smile when she approached them. “I’m sorry I was late. There were some errands that I needed to do.” she then said without hinting Gary and Ha Ha that she and Jong Kook have broken up. “Ya! Good thing you look very pretty today, otherwise I won’t let it pass.” kidded Gary. “Then hyung, Jong Kook hyung won’t let you pass, too.” told Ha Ha which made Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked at each other in an awkward manner.

Ji Hyo decided to just stand between Suk Jin and Jae Suk which was odd in the eyes of the casts and crew of Running Man. “Why?” asked Ji Hyo with a smile when all eyes were on her. “Can’t I stand between them?” she asked again which made the situation more awkward. “You’re being obvious, noona.” mouthed Kwang Soo when she accidentally met his gaze. Ji Hyo smiled again, and told the entire cast, “This might be the place where I’ll stand for the meantime or perhaps for a long time, so please do not be that surprised again.” The casts and the crew then looked at Jong Kook.

The filming is over, so Ji Hyo was about to leave the site. Jae Suk then went near her and asked, “Is it that easy?” Ji Hyo smiled at the popular celebrity and answered, “Who knows where broken hearts go?” “Ji Hyo-ya…” called Jae Suk, but she brushed it off by saying, “I think I just didn’t lose my heart, Oppa. I think I have also lost my mind.” Jae Suk was about to give her comforting words but she looked at him and said, “But don’t worry, I’m an actress. I’ll just pretend that this is a drama I’m filming, and that the main leads are Kim Jong Kook and me.”

Jae Suk just sighed when Ji Hyo bowed to him to say goodbye. The woman has left the site already, and now all he can see is Jong Kook being surrounded by the rest of the Running Man men. Ha Ha and Gary were too shocked upon Suk Jin’s revelation. “I didn’t mean to tell it to everyone, but them knowing will make everything easier to cover.” said Suk Jin. “I-Im sorry, it’s my entire fault. So please don’t misunderstand Ji Hyo’s actions.” said Jong Kook. “Do you think you’re being a man now admitting that everything is your entire fault? How could you just let go when you can just hold on?” asked Gary.

“What’s your problem?”asked Jong Kook. Gary didn’t bat an eye when he answered, “Hyung, I respect you and Ji Hyo, but you’re the man. It’s you who should tell the world where exactly people should stand when it comes to you and her. You shouldn’t forget that it’s not just you who’s in love with her. So just do treat your woman right.” Jong Kook felt like he was hit by a rock when he realized the truth behind Gary’s words especially when the rapper, who's obviously in pain as well, added, “There’s a lot of people who are dying to be in your shoes, hyung. So if you don’t want it to be late, stand up for her and be man enough to admit that she’s in love with you and that you’re in love with her, and that you two are together. That between you two there's this - forever.”